Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Other International Teams?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Other International Teams?

What countries do you think will make an appearance? I think Korea and Germany are going to see some showtime.
    Last edited by Kaoz; January 16, 2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added prefix

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Other International Teams?

We'd sort of prefer that you didn't make a thread for every little thought that you have, but it's okay.

We've all already done some speculation, but it's not really worth speculating about the future at the moment. We don't even know what the Top 10 will end up looking like.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    We'd sort of prefer that you didn't make a thread for every little thought that you have, but it's okay.
    "An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages." - Wikipedia.

What the hell is the point of the dicussion if no one offers anything to discuss? And what do you mean "We?" Unless there's a group of people behind you that shares your thoughts, then speak for yourself, FrostyMouse.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think is bad to start threads, why always have the same threads while we can create new ones to discuss? Personally, it's more interesting that way.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no problem with creating new threads as long as they don't cover the same thing as an already existing one... that being said, the topic of this particular thread is possible international competition, so get back on track.

To make this somewhat on topic, I expect to see Germany and the USA, simply because of Tezuka's and Ryoma's connections.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Germany and USA are teams that will appear, South Korea altough is a nation with a very poor tennis. Other teams that could appear are Spain, Italy, Sweden or Great Britain, I wonder which teams will Konomi introduce. I would like to see Echizen beating the No.1 of some nations, he will defeat the No.1 of the semi-finals team and finals team, most likely Usa and Germany.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

"An island nation of tennis amateurs you say? Right?" I just thought that quote from Renji was appropriate now XD
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    "An island nation of tennis amateurs you say? Right?" I just thought that quote from Renji was appropriate now XD
    Lol, they would get revenge.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Germany and USA are teams that will appear, South Korea altough is a nation with a very poor tennis. Other teams that could appear are Spain, Italy, Sweden or Great Britain, I wonder which teams will Konomi introduce. I would like to see Echizen beating the No.1 of some nations, he will defeat the No.1 of the semi-finals team and finals team, most likely Usa and Germany.
    Would be... Ridiculous. Personally, I wont take the World Arc seriously at all if he crushes the No.1s of Spain, Germany, USA, Britain, Serbia, Australia etc.
    To be honest, with Great Britain, Scotland schools tend to win the Nationals. So the Brit Team had better have both English and Scottish players to be realistic.

But if 5 any 5 nations should be seen then the ones I mentioned are definetes.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Would love to see those guys as representatives from which ever country they came from.

Im hoping Krauser is Austrian since Austrians have told me they have German names over there. I wouldnt be pleased if he was German since he kinda sucks, and Im hoping the German team be somewhat true to real life and be rather strong.
    Krauser as the No.11-20 of his nation would be cool.

With some of the guys from the American arc (and I mean only SOME), and my fellow Londoners from the new movie as the Brit representatives haha.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Featherwolf's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Krauser could be some different nationalities. He could be from Germany, Austria, Switzerland or maybe even Belgium or the Netherlands. Krauser sounds in general like a name that would come from those areas. His first name, Liliadent, or how you wish to spell it is a little special though. I don't recall to have heard that name before, and can't really connect it to a specific area in Europe. It reminds me mostly of the girl name Lilian, lolol. I wonder of Konomi made up that first name himself. 'cause if you try searching for just Liliadent on google, you pretty much only find sites about Liliadent from PoT, without having to add in "Krauser". As soon as you start writing Liliadent, it'll suggest "Krauser" as well.
    Last edited by Featherwolf; January 17, 2012 at 05:39 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Featherwolf View Post
    don't recall to have heard that name before, and can't really connect it to a specific area in Europe. It reminds me mostly of the girl name Lilian, lolol. I wonder of Konomi made up that first name himself. 'cause if you try searching for just Liliadent on google, you pretty much only find sites about Liliadent from PoT, without having to add in "Krauser". As soon as you start writing Liliadent, it'll suggest "Krauser" as well.
    Its French. I speak French, and its a weird name even for French people. Konomi was just drawing straws not caring where the name was from just making sure it was European lol. Yet, he speaks English, which doesnt narrow it down in the slightest.

Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha no not at all. Most european learn english in school from a young age. We started with english in my school when I was 8, and added in german few years later. So he could be from a lot of places in Europe.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha no not at all. Most european learn english in school from a young age. We started with english in my school when I was 8, and added in german few years later. So he could be from a lot of places in Europe.
    Exactly what I mean lol. Konomi was extremely vague. I was expecting some scene where Krauser travels WITH Tezuka to Germany and improves rapidly in his home nation to become a Representative (No. 11-20).

Where is Richard Sakata from? The guy who tends to only laugh. While his frist name is English, his surname is very Japanese. Yet they call him foreign. Surely he is half-japanese? Although there are places in Africa where you would find the surname Sakata.

Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Well maybe he is indeed half japanese.. Like having one japanese parent, and then one foreign. Mostly it would sound like a japanese father, due to his last name sounding japanese, and then maybe been given a foreign name due to his mother's nationality, wherever that is?

If he bothered to speak instead of just being a laughing hyena, then maybe we would be able to guess more.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

If he bothered to speak instead of just being a laughing hyena, then maybe we would be able to guess more.
    In almost every panel he does that haha. Except when saying he cant run in Zig Zags.
    I was hoping we could see him lose to someone in a full match so we could see how Zig Zagging helped him. Disappointed in the rushed story. Wish we could have got a few more Player Shuffles and Team Shuffles.

Considering Sakata is also found in Africa, it would be great if he was from another country, would be awesome to have him leave the camp, only to get wiped as part of another nation lol.

Im honestly just hoping Tezuka plays for Japan, Krauser leaves, they bring in the Movie guys, the America arc guys and the Nagoya Seitoku flops during this International arc. Its so true that now Konomi brought in Ryoga, not much is impossible lol.

Does anyone else feel we may get 17 yr olds based off of the Fab 4 players Federer, Nadal, Murray or Djokovic?

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast