Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite?- Naruto, Bleach Or One Piece

Voters
402. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naruto

69 17.16%
  • Bleach

32 7.96%
  • One Piece

301 74.88%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto vs. Bleach vs. One Piece Poll

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto vs. Bleach vs. One Piece Poll

Lemme see whether Naruto, Bleach or One piece, which will get max. number of votes.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NARUTO vs.Bleach vs. One Piece Poll

Naruto is a nice manga but hardly compares to One Piece. No super power spamming, better art, better characters, better story. One Piece is what shonen action should be. Bleach isn't bad but it's a fairly mediocre title.

3. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bunshindattebayo's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto: "Sasuke, come back!" *cries* DARKNESS! "Hey man, I have Sharingan too".

Bleach: "Lets rescue a different girl in this arc after we saved a girl in the previous arc". *Flashy attack,flashy attack, flashy attack, flashy attack* "I'll show you a lot of power ups after another". No background art.

One Piece: Unexpected epicness, creative design and good humor.

One Piece wins.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22570&dateline=1205497510
    ~~Aren't they cute together?~~

5. Thanks 31 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rejuvenation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto-Dragged a plot line for way too long and the main character's part 2 incarnation has been one of the worst I've come across. Also pulls shit out of nowhere to try and extend the story apparently. Suffers that dragonball syndrome where loads of side characters just stand on the sidelines being cheerleaders as the only few characters that matters(Naruto, Sasuke, and sometimes Kakashi) on any scale duke it out with the baddies. (and sometimes Kakashi). Has nice potential but some of the poorest execution I've seen in almost every arc and in defeating almost every villain.

Bleach-Drags itself out and almost completely mirrors things that were done in other manga and earlier plot lines from its own story. The main character is completely bland and the power levels make almost no sense whatsoever. Oh, and it directly contradicts itself and looks like portions of it get written based on fan polls. Easily the worst popular shounen in my opinion. It is all style and no substance. Despite all the praise people give Kubo on his art it really isn't all that special to me. Spewing out black ink like an octopus and big empty panels are nothing to fangasm over. -___-

One Piece-Epic world building and a main cast full of quirky characters that mesh well together. It is easily one of the most consistent shounen I have seen in this day and age. The only arc I truly hated happened over 8 years ago in the current story and it really hasn't made me lose faith or interest at all as I've read. One Piece easily wins this.

7. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece is on a whole another level compared to Naruto & Bleach.

9. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

wow op pwned
    i read the 3 but like naruto more eventhough the sauce is the main character now lol
    Last edited by cut3; December 27, 2009 at 06:43 PM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I've said this in the Mega convo (One piece section)

The creativity of the characters, the hilarious moments, the epic feel of the arcs, the bad guys who are actually bad, the insane and varied twists and reveals, not to mention Oda actually puts emotion and depth into his characters and their stories.

One Piece is the best by Far

Plus no Uchihas.

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

12. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While the right place for this thread it's a bad forum for a poll involving Naruto and Bleach. A lot of Cafe regulars are OP fans, even if they don't post in the OP forum. I have not come across many that are fans of Naruto or Bleach. Not a lot of regulars from the big 3 forums post here to balance it out.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto>OP>Bleach

ALWAYS

but lol I'm a Naruto fanboy so the theres a lot of bias in my opinion.

I like the action, and plot better in Naruto than in OP. Sure you can say that Oda actually plans his stuff out instead of pulling things out of his ass like the other two, but Naruto still manages to be more interesting for me. Artstyle is objective, I think Kubo does the best character designs, but fails hard for not having any backgrounds.

Quote Quote:
    The creativity of the characters, the hilarious moments, the epic feel of the arcs, the bad guys who are actually bad, the insane and varied twists and reveals, not to mention Oda actually puts emotion and depth into his characters and their stories.
    I think Naruto has better villains because they seem a lot more compelling to me than say Enel, who was just lol-worthy.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

reminder: Try to avoid a post with just the name.This can be given easily in the poll only. We expect an active contribution in which you reason your choice. Otherwise the post will be considered spam which will be deleted
    Last edited by Koen; December 29, 2009 at 07:19 AM.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBlitz View Post
    Naruto>OP>Bleach

ALWAYS

but lol I'm a Naruto fanboy so the theres a lot of bias in my opinion.

I like the action, and plot better in Naruto than in OP. Sure you can say that Oda actually plans his stuff out instead of pulling things out of his ass like the other two, but Naruto still manages to be more interesting for me. Artstyle is objective, I think Kubo does the best character designs, but fails hard for not having any backgrounds.

I think Naruto has better villains because they seem a lot more compelling to me than say Enel, who was just lol-worthy.
    well, Naruto used to be my favorite Manga, Of course that was before I start (Or should I say catch up ) reading One Piece, and I joined this forum for Gantz spoilers and to discuss Naruto with other members (I was so active in this section at the beginning).

However, I gotta disagree with you when you say that Oda plans his stuff out instead of pulling things out of his ass like Kishi or Kubo (Man ... Kubo ?? ) for Kishi I might agree if it that was before this arc, please the 10 tails body's sealed in the moon , an arm filled with Sharingans wtf?? ... probably it's just a matter of tastes, but I don't like how kishi's pulling things since Naruto's victory over Pain.

hey now that I think of it ... I lost interest in Naruto when Naruto lost his smile.

Kubo Bleach no comment (with no offense )
    Edit : Ok, I have something to say here, I heard/read that the manga was initially intended to be a shorter series, with a maximum serialization length of five years, IMO this can explain what's happening, Kubo mentally was thinking in 5 years at most. So how can you say that Kubo is pulling things out of his ass? if that was true ... then he should have ended the manga after 5 years.

And now my favorite :
    The plot is very consistent, especially after 500 chapters. Oda seems to have planned everything out from the very beginning. Although there were times when I would go wtf? (Like Luffy's grandfather and brother being pretty important characters, yet they seem to come out of nowhere, without having been fore mentioned at all ... and the true about Ace's Father ... this is too much) But for the most part I enjoy the consistency of the plot and the pace at which Oda reveals it.

There also seems to be a pretty good balance between the power levels in the characters. The main characters gets stronger slowly, over time, whereas in Naruto and Bleach, characters get instant massive upgrades. There also seems to be more creativity in OP fights.

Oda definitely pwns.

I know ... a long post but worth it. ^_^
    Last edited by Black Lagoon; December 29, 2009 at 04:48 PM.

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

19. Thanks 26 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member monkey D luffy's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

well i have to vote one piece
    reading all 3 of the most popular shounen mangas i am very pleased with one piece and am looking forward for tuesdays in israel when the spoilers come out. naruto is my 2nd favourite of the 3 but the current arcs suck so much that only a miracle (bleach sucks even more lately) makes it come in 2nd where bleach is 3rd but not far behind

more in depth opinions:

naruto: although it started out great and were at times my most favourite manga it lately became too dull, i mean the bad guys turns good for no apperent reason and no logic behind it, some of the chars are way too hax to be dealt with and i cant see how anyone can pull off beating them (madara space time jutsu and danzou) also the most important thing is the mangaka ditching his main char for another a little less main char for about a year or so. the main char whom i recognized so many of my own traits lost his beliefs and going through an inner make over that doesnt support his earlier believes.
    on the bright side for the manga the fights are incredible and some of the side stories are great, the fact that the main char has such a great impact on so many people lives and giving them hope is a great thing, the fact that main char no longer uses his not-so-hax power up but training hard to get stronger is a blessed thing especially compared the another manga that is being discussed here.

bleach: started out insanly good and was my top manga for quite some time. however the mangaka probably lost him mind or something like that, the power levels that were greatly placed are now thrown all over the place and no longer make the tiniest bit of sense, also the pacing lately is so damn slow that it is becoming increasingly frustrating to read the manga and not wait for a month before returning to get a normal pace, also the main villain is so hex that you have to close your eyes when he attacks you is just absured, you cant win if you see him attack but how can you win if you dont see his attacks? he is also so godamn powerfull that his choices are so questionable like im the most powerfull being alive i need to get stronger. why is that? no one can challange you as you are now why becoming even stronger, you saw how lonely was starkk, the (arguablly) strongest soldier you had. also alot of the time the manga seems to be a fan service instead of just getting on with the plot, i mean some characters who are supposed to be weak and die win with techniques they pulled out of their asses.
    on the bright side for bleach is the amazing battles and a few breathtaking cliffhengers make it a solid read but only for hardcore fans

one piece: my top manga for a few years now, and the reason why is first and foremost a great story, no other shounen manga has beaten one piece story wise, the plot is so exciting that even a regular book would blow your mind, that fact that we can actually see what happenes is so great that i felt like i wanted to skip school just to read it and wait for the spoilers to come out on that day, its thenks to my english teacher that i could have done so a few years back (im 19 now in a country where english is not that common and not a lot of people can express them selves in writing like i can), she just told me to skip her classes (she told me those exact words). also the mangaka is getting better and better with his drawing and now its amazing. also the manga is so wacky and diverse its so unpredictable at times that i sometimes think to myself what the point in a prediction thread none of us will be correct but i do enjoy to spend time in the one piece forum and its actually benefitting my time reading it.
    i cant even express in words how great the main characters are, with their silly little jokes and easy going nature (most of the time) while they can perform so well in all these amazing fights that occur throughout the entire manga.
    i actually have nothing bad to say about one piece and thats why its my top manga.

edit: wow that was long i hope people can actually read it and not tire their eyes
    my new dragons:

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto:
    Part one was epic.
    Part two was epic too, UNTIL the itachi vs sasuke arc.
    The characters are cool, I know, the 3 team thing is cool, I know too.
    But instead of making the original cast stronger, the author just have
    to add in new characters, most with no freaking backstory explained.
    Sasuke used to be a cool guy, until he became so noob that he's getting used by Madara The main thing in naruto is that it's story is not-so-bad-above-average. I'm sure Kishi want to build up a climax for Naruto and Sasuke, but he is just doing it wrong. I mean, he's pulling other characters off and adding new ones just for the sake of the plot?
    We love the old characters man. This manga goes down the dragon ball Z tragic, and may stay that way if naruto don't smile more.

Bleach:
    Epic epic epic...until Inoue got hollownapped.
    Seriously, wtf? Here I was thinking, "soul society arc was cooooool"
    and maybe he will think out of something new,
    but he pulls it out of his ass, and gets inoue hollownapped.
    Because aizen wanted to use her as bait so that he could trap
    all the captains.
    Bullsh*t . Look how his espadas got wiped
    Here I thought he was someone smart, someone awesomely powerful.
    But then again, the power levels fails so much. No wait,
    theres not even a need for power level in this manga, because the
    power level is fan service level :O
    Bad main character that always keep getsugya tenshouing
    and a Dissapointing villan.

One Piece:
    The biggest, I mean, biggest miracle that happened to any otaku's life.
    No shounen can be on a par with this.
    I don't wanna type a whole passage for this, so if you want evidence:
    "it's 500 chapters long, and theres still millons of fans out there"
    Can anyone guranthee there will be millons of fans when bleach or naruto
    reaches this mark?
    No. Because One piece epicness lies in it's story that never fails to deliver.
    Unpredictable events are what makes a manga enjoyable.
    And all of the characters just makes it all better.
    I'll give credit for one piece for making this far, even if something happens or it becomes less epic. It's still the BEST just because it made this far.

22. Thanks 15 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ocajavati's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All three started out being pretty damn awesome.

Bleach hardly makes sense anymore. Naruto was far from what it started out as.

Oda wins by a far margin. He doesn't pull nonsense out of his ass. He tells the story with great consistency, weaving a tale unmatched by all predecessors. Nothing beats One Piece.

Most manga starts out well, but gets repetitive eventually. One Piece, like fine wine, gets better with every passing year.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBlitz View Post

I hate the fact that the main cast in Naruto are protected by pl0th4x. Naruto and Sasuke simply get random power-ups that cease to make sense since the time skip, while every once-prominent characters discarded/trashed in favor of the protagonists.

Other than Naruto and Sasuke, everyone else is cannon fodder. That's the main theme of Naruto.
    Last edited by ocajavati; January 02, 2010 at 03:33 AM.

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Banana Joe's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach was pretty good when Soul Society was the location. But almost everything after that ruinied it. Kubo doesn`t even care about stroy and characters, though he really seems to enjoy drawing his characters with their flashy designs. He loves drawing the badass-moments, he really loves it too much. A wohle chapter for some energy-waves and shittalk doesn`t help to develop a plot.

Naruto lost much of its quality, imo. I think Kishi is trying to make an intresting story, but fails. The Revenge Theme isn`t very new and you can foresee the whole plot, because it`s simple and naive. Sasuke has way too much panel-time.

I`m a One Piece Fanboy, so won`t even try to find negative aspects, though they exist. Oda manages to surprise me, impress me and make me as keen as mustard.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast