Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Which character is closest to the Rasta-guy in terms of combat strength?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Frankenstien

0 0%
  • Seira

3 75.00%
  • Rael

0 0%
  • Regis

1 25.00%
  • M-21

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 219 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 219 Review

Nothing much to say here this week. Review is basically the same so let get right to it!

Chapter Summary

But, on the upside, I have always wanted a picture window there.

This week starts us off with Dr Robotnik trying to play interference and keep the two Cerburus goons away from anything he thinks could lead to them discovering the KSA's secrets. But when he tries "you don't have the authority " reasoning on the rasta-douche the response he receives is to be picked up by the throat; which sets off security who flood into the room and attempt to restrain the Cerberus people.

The attempt does not go well...at all. They start with a form of high-powered taser darts which have no effect. And the rasta-douche takes them out effortlessly with a shockwave. Then they escalate to bullets which also ricochet as harmlessly off of them as raindrops off of an umbrella. Then 3 registered modified security personal show up. In response the rasta-douche decides to cut loose a little raises his fist and lets loose a powerful kinetic shockwave that blows out the side of the building. Then laments how weak they were, since it forced him to hold back so much.

About then Yuri and the other 2 Cerberus people show up and stop things before they can go any further. The Rasta-guy assures them that he avoided damaging anything usefull and that he is pretty sure he avoided killing anybody too. But they kinda just blow off the incident and refocus on the investigation. Yuri says he found nothing at the site, omitting the information about the earpiece and they decide that they will just have to do things the hard way and investigate every incident that occurred in the city since Crombell's visit.

Meanwhile, back at Frankenstein's house while the RK-4 are discussing their precarious truce with the KSA agents when Regis walks in and expresses curiosity at why M-21 gets so worked up over the KSA. Takeo and Tao explain to him that, as human experiments themselves, watching an agency like that doing the same to others is something they just can't ignore; and that if M-21 hadn't fought them first both of them would have done the same. Then M-21 starts to apologize again anyway but Regis cuts him off and said that his question was curiosity not criticism.

Tao then affectionately refers to him as No.3. Which instantly pisses Regis off.

Chapter Review

This guy most definitely eats his Wheaties.

Substance
    Not a lot this week to be honest. We got confirmation that these Cerberus people are crazy freakin' strong. Far more so than RK-4 I'd say. Judging from the Rasta-guy's display I'd say they could probably hold their own against Nobles like Seira; especially when you take into account that it's usually the weakest dog that barks the loudest.

We also got confirmation of why their is such tension between the RK-4 and the KSA agent but I think we had all pretty much worked that out already.

It also seems like Yontsu and Sangeen are being set up on an inevitable collision course with Cerberus. There is just no way Yontsu can stand by and do nothing while those guy demolish her beloved agency. It's just a matter of time before that whole situation goes sideways.

Presentation
    I liked some of the artwork quite a bit. The bullets falling away from the enhanced humans looked pretty cool, as did the Rasta-guy's shock-waves. It wasn't a very flashy chapter but I think it was all drawn really well.

In terms of pacing I thought the Cerberus conversations were a bit longer than they had to be. I don't feel like the length really added much either. It isn't like they gave us much insight into the other 3 Cerberus members, it was just pretty much more drawn out bullying by the Rasta-Douche; and I feel like that point has already been made. So I don't see a lot of point in continuing to hit on that so hard. He's an ass and likes to push people around, we get it already.

Final Rating
    A full length chapter that felt a lot shorter than it really was because of how sparse it was on substantive content. It was done well but there just isn't a lot there this week to get excited about.

So I give it a 3 out of 5

My Previous Predictions(Current Record 7-8)

Spoiler: Ongoing show

Thread Question of the Week
    How do you think Sangeen & Yontsu will react to seeing this damage to their building?
    Will Yontsu do something rash?
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 219 Review

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Tao then affectionately refers to him as No.3. Which instantly pisses Regis off.
    Didn't you see the love in his eyes and words? Regis is so sweet~

Not a lot this week to be honest. We got confirmation that these Cerberus people are crazy freakin' strong. Far more so than RK-4 I'd say. Judging from the Rasta-guy's display I'd say they could probably hold their own against Nobles like Seira; especially when you take into account that it's usually the weakest dog that barks the loudest.
    Also, not to mention that modified humans usually can evolve, like in case of M-21, Jake, and DA-5 members before. If in their normal conditions they are already this strong, hard to see how our heroes would handle them in their high-leveled form. Not that I'm underestimating them...

How do you think Sangeen & Yontsu will react to seeing this damage to their building?
    They would question it, Yontsu would probably be in rage. They would go see the director, not satisfied, go see the doctor, and wouldn't be satisfied either. Do you think they would go as far as asking advice from RK-4 and the others? :3

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review again Jam Jam ~~

The best moments were when Regi and the trio joked about. The chapter itself wasn't too great. Most of the chapter felt like it was just copy and pasted from what we knew before, like you mentioned.

I think that Yonsu will not be able to control her emotions once she sees what's been going on. We can pretty much assume that Sangeen will have to calm her down. I would like to see if she "goes-off" on the Cerberus duo but that won't happen most likely.

As for the poll - I find it hard to choose between Seria and Rael. I'll put him above Regis until he undergoes his coming of age ceremony. I'm going to pick Seria at the moment because Rael might have an edge over her. Not completely sure though.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jammin
    I don't think Yonstu will be able to know which building she is trying to get to. The building so far looks like it suffered from major damage in a hours. Unless you think Yonstu will get mad from seeing a leveled building, that she can't recognize.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply