Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: REPEAT & REBOOT

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: REPEAT & REBOOT

I'm okay with Rose becoming a captain, but where does that leave Love?
    IIRC, 4 of the Vizards were captains before the event of TBTP : Shinji, Kensei, Rose and Love.

The first 3 just got their old rank back, but not Love...
    That sucks for him...

He was the captain of the Squad 7...
    IMO, Kubo should have killed Komamura and give his rank to Love.

That way every old captain would have had his captain rank back, and we would have had at least one death in the Winter "War".

BTW, I wonder what rank the other vizards have now...
    We know that the current lieutenant still have their title, so they were not replaced by the vizards...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought there might be a 14th division but Kubo would have mentioned it in the omakes.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shane1594 View Post
    The Quincy were annihilated 200+ years ago because they threatened the balance of souls. This only came about because there was a significant amount of them, only one Quincy killing hollows wouldn't have that much of an effect. Well, that's my theory at any rate.
    ya well, it's not that much of an effect on the entire world
    but it is still not morally right to "erase" them instead of the alternative, giving them repentance and peace, sending them off to ss.

Quote Quote:
    I know that this is now out of the cards, but I always pictured Ukitake succumbing to his disease and Ichigo taking over as Squad 13's captain with Rukia as his Lieutenant.
    That's good for the final phase. it might be something near the end imo. Kubo could make ichigo the first human captain in ss.

To be honest, I'm one of the few that won't like it if ichigo's mother was a quincy and that there were some grand scheme behind it or something.
    I like her dying to save ichigo better than some kind of gigantic evil scheme behind grand fisher, quincies and shinigamis..

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    ya well, it's not that much of an effect on the entire world
    but it is still not morally right to "erase" them instead of the alternative, giving them repentance and peace, sending them off to ss.

That's good for the final phase. it might be something near the end imo. Kubo could make ichigo the first human captain in ss.

To be honest, I'm one of the few that won't like it if ichigo's mother was a quincy and that there were some grand scheme behind it or something.
    I like her dying to save ichigo better than some kind of gigantic evil scheme behind grand fisher, quincies and shinigamis..
    Well what if she died to save Ichigo and that there was an evil plot behind it? :P

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

and that she doesn't know about it? I'm fine with that.
    But if she does know about it and her reason for saving ichigo goes beyond that of a mother's love..I don't know

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think that even if you're a part of a grand plan and you totally know that the child must live, it's the same for a mother me thinks. Whether Ichigo was a key part to something or wasn't, as mother, she'd die for him.
    Last edited by Darjaille; February 05, 2012 at 04:34 AM. Reason: spelling error >.>

ex oriente lux

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A funny though struck me as I was pondering the idea of the next arc taking place in some sort of ice palace. I kinda wonder if it's going to be some kind of homage to superman's fortress of solitude, perhaps it could be one of the following. A place where the last of the quincy's have taken refugee (humans with special powers), a place where the 0 squad is stationed (super powered humans from another dimension) or perhaps Ichigo is really Superman and he comes from the planet Krypton, so he's about to learn his true history through the stuff his parents left him with before the planet exploded.

http://www.mangareader.net/94-485-4/...hapter-31.html The proof lol

I wonder if he's a fan of superman lol cause I really can't think of any other reason for having the setting take place there other then being a homage. If Quincy are involved then perhaps they've developed their powers more like Fullbring so they have a greater utility with them. Ishida may ally himself with them if SS decides to do something about them like they did with the Fullbring causing an interesting turmoil, if the theory about how each arc seemed to focus on a main ally is true enough lol. But this is all in good fun, by next week we'll get a hopefully interesting setup towards the upcoming arc and maybe everything mentioned will start to fit into place that's been mentioned throughout the 3 week break.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    A xi0 in Bleach section!!

Soul Society -> Ichigo is shinigami
    'Vizard arc' -> Ichigo gets the mask
    Hueco Mundo -> Ichigo becomes full hollow (Ichigonator)
    Fullbring -> Ichigo becomes fullbringer.

The assumption is based on this. He becomes everything he comes across. Even tho I can't imagine him with Q powers, the possibility is somewhere there. I seem to believe more and more that Masaki was a Quincy.
    Yes, the main plot motivator originally was Ichigo become a Substitute Shinigami. Shinigami's are the main focus of the series, this isn't a stretch. Ichigo having Hollow powers relates to him becoming a Vizard, but he had Hollow powers before we even knew of Vizards or that there were more of them. Ichigo going full hollow was always mentioned as a possibility since he went under his Shinigami and Bankai training. And like I said before, him becoming Fullbringer was to get his powers back (the original premise anyways).

I can see the correlation, I just don't know if it'll happen. Masaki would have had to be a Quincy herself...Ginjou was mentioned as well, but I don't understand that at all. The prerequisite for becoming a Fullbringer is that one of your parents had to be attacked by a Hollow prior to a person being born. Masaki was attacked, but it was after Ichigo was born, but Isshin being a Shinigami means he definitely would have been attacked by a Hollow. Prerequisite fulfilled. Ginjou has nothing to do with the Quincy.

And no, I didn't mean to imply the Quincy would be antagonists, they might be, but just that they would be involved and Ishida would be focal point.

xi0 here.......... |toc
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; February 05, 2012 at 04:05 AM.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

As xi0 said, Ichigo gaining these powers are related if you see how it has been so far. Shinigami and Hollow are like two sides of a coin. Ichigo having hollow inside him makes sense. Fullbring arc was meant for him to regain his powers.

Even if there are possibilities of Masaki being a Quincy, I doubt Kubo would give Ichgio Quincy powers. Shooting arrows isn't the most powerful technique, nor does it suites Ichigo. He is already at a level that no Quincy can beat him. I don't see it adding more to Ichigo's personality or story.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Yes, the main plot motivator originally was Ichigo become a Substitute Shinigami. Shinigami's are the main focus of the series, this isn't a stretch. Ichigo having Hollow powers relates to him becoming a Vizard, but he had Hollow powers before we even knew of Vizards or that there were more of them. Ichigo going full hollow was always mentioned as a possibility since he went under his Shinigami and Bankai training. And like I said before, him becoming Fullbringer was to get his powers back (the original premise anyways).

I can see the correlation, I just don't know if it'll happen. Masaki would have had to be a Quincy herself...Ginjou was mentioned as well, but I don't understand that at all. The prerequisite for becoming a Fullbringer is that one of your parents had to be attacked by a Hollow prior to a person being born. Masaki was attacked, but it was after Ichigo was born, but Isshin being a Shinigami means he definitely would have been attacked by a Hollow. Prerequisite fulfilled. Ginjou has nothing to do with the Quincy.

And no, I didn't mean to imply the Quincy would be antagonists, they might be, but just that they would be involved and Ishida would be focal point.

xi0 here.......... |toc
    Well, not sure if we understand each other...XD Sure he became hollow because that's how it is, not because it was his goal in the arc, it was just given that he'll have hollow side.. same to fullbring.. same could be with Quincy powers....
    Anyway I think it'd kinda fit, since Ichigo would become a hybrid with every power that exists. Right now, only Quincy side is missing in him..
    I still don't really expect him to gain Q powers, but if he does, I won't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    As xi0 said, Ichigo gaining these powers are related if you see how it has been so far. Shinigami and Hollow are like two sides of a coin. Ichigo having hollow inside him makes sense. Fullbring arc was meant for him to regain his powers.

Even if there are possibilities of Masaki being a Quincy, I doubt Kubo would give Ichgio Quincy powers. Shooting arrows isn't the most powerful technique, nor does it suites Ichigo. He is already at a level that no Quincy can beat him. I don't see it adding more to Ichigo's personality or story.

Opponents in the next arc will be so strong that they'll make Kyoraku and Unohana, maybe even Yamamoto go bankai. In no way Ichigo will be the boss again, one-shotting everyone. The remaining Quincy's will be probably much stronger than Ryuuken is, and Ryuuken is immeasurably stronger than Uryuu. And Uryuu defeated Mayuri. Plus the fights will probably happen somewhere with high density of spirit particles, somehow powering up the Qs even more.

Also, as I said I doubt Quincy's will only use bows. That would make fights uninteresting after a while, and Kubo wouldn't do it.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Btw of course that's if the antagonists are Quincy's

ex oriente lux

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Ichigo will be a quincy and shoot arrows either but it's not out of the realm of possibilities that Ichigo will start absorbing spiritual particles from the surroundings to make himself even stronger, like a quincy.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    I don't think Ichigo will be a quincy and shoot arrows either but it's not out of the realm of possibilities that Ichigo will start absorbing spiritual particles from the surroundings to make himself even stronger, like a quincy.
    Yeah that's what I kinda thought. Ability to absorb particles or manipulate them, not quite in a way of making swords or arrows, but maybe adjusting his surroundings or something like that...

ex oriente lux

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    That would make more sense, even if Masaki was a Quincy herself. Somehow he would have the benefit of being a Quincy, without having to fight like one.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

My memory's rather rusty on this, but don't shinigami kind of do that already? I think it was mentioned in the start of SS or somewhere completely different ._.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah they do that already, but at a slower rate than the Quincy. Plus they aren't able o change the shape of Reishi as well as the Quincy do. Ishida explained this during SS.

And Rukia said that being in a Reishi rich environment was what she needed to recover her powers.

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast