Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 82

Thread: REPEAT & REBOOT

  1. #46
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: REPEAT & REBOOT

    Quote Originally Posted by yumimi View Post
    I just can't imagine Ichigo fighting without his macho sword... and ichigo fighting with a bow is almost as weird as ichigo not fighting to me + Ichigo in a cape XD
    Ichigo has fought with an oversized zanpakutou, a normal powerless one, a huge one, a long katana, knives and thousands of swords of different shapes and sizes. A bow would be nothing hard for him to master.

  2. #47
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: REPEAT & REBOOT

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    wasn't uryu killing hollows during the fb arc?
    I mean, uryu kills them instead of send them to ss, and that's suppose to be..not so right.
    Was ss okay with them? I mean, seriously? He's practically killing the souls instead of giving them peace.

    I hope the next arc clarifies this and that it will not be forgotten.
    Also, it'll be a shame if it does not involve uryu a lot. Kubo did said that fb arc was chad centered but really..we all know it wasn't.
    The Quincy were annihilated 200+ years ago because they threatened the balance of souls. This only came about because there was a significant amount of them, only one Quincy killing hollows wouldn't have that much of an effect. Well, that's my theory at any rate.

    I know that this is now out of the cards, but I always pictured Ukitake succumbing to his disease and Ichigo taking over as Squad 13's captain with Rukia as his Lieutenant.
    Last edited by shane1594; February 04, 2012 at 02:01 AM.

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #48
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wonderland
    Country
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,540
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: REPEAT & REBOOT

    Quote Originally Posted by yumimi View Post
    I just can't imagine Ichigo fighting without his macho sword... and ichigo fighting with a bow is almost as weird as ichigo not fighting to me + Ichigo in a cape XD
    If the theory about next arc = Quincy or Magic Hunters (what now, I do not doubt - The White, Silver and Blue Palace, the training place under Ryuuken's hospital which can hide reiatsu seem to be from the same material (spirit particles), we have had arcs on Shinigami-Rukia, Arrancar-Inoue, Vizards-kinda, Fullbring-Chad, yet nothing about Ishida and Quincy, the mistery of Ryuuken) is indeed true, then I could see the Quincy's/Hunters wield swords, spears etc. I just don't think we'll get an arc in which it'll be only archers vs close combat shinigami.

    So technically Ichigo could wield a spirit sword... but then I don't think he's Quincy, and that he'll gain their powers. The chance is there tho as there IS a tiny little chance that Masaki was Quincy somehow...


    ex oriente lux

  5. #49
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,172
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: REPEAT & REBOOT

    Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    If the theory about next arc = Quincy or Magic Hunters (what now, I do not doubt - The White, Silver and Blue Palace, the training place under Ryuuken's hospital which can hide reiatsu seem to be from the same material (spirit particles), we have had arcs on Shinigami-Rukia, Arrancar-Inoue, Vizards-kinda, Fullbring-Chad, yet nothing about Ishida and Quincy, the mistery of Ryuuken) is indeed true, then I could see the Quincy's/Hunters wield swords, spears etc. I just don't think we'll get an arc in which it'll be only archers vs close combat shinigami.

    So technically Ichigo could wield a spirit sword... but then I don't think he's Quincy, and that he'll gain their powers. The chance is there tho as there IS a tiny little chance that Masaki was Quincy somehow...
    The chance for him to have Quincy powers is so limited, it would require his mother being Quincy, or at least half. (we dont know if Ishidas mom is quincy). So deducting from fact you need at least 1 Quincy parent to be one yourself.
    Even for Shinigami powers, and it be be inherited we see different results. Take Ichigo hes for sure the most tallented, also he could clearly see ghosts/souls. from young age. Of his sisters only Karin seems to be able to. Yuzu has high sensing but other then that shes not much different from a regular human. Yet all 3 have the same parents.
    Now for Ichigo to be a Quincy, its possible but why is it needeD? It gives nothing extra for him. Other then maybe explain more about his mother.

  6. #50
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    47,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: REPEAT & REBOOT

    The most likely scenario to me is the next arc will involve the Quincy and in turn be about Ishida. Pointing out who the main supporting character in each arc thus far is a useful thing, and out of Ichigo's friends with powers, only Ishida has not been featured as the main focal point in an arc.

    Ishida didn't become a Shinigami or a Vizard when he fought along side Ichigo in HM (Chad didn't either for that matter), so there's no reason to assume Ichigo will have any connections to the Quincy. Yes, Ichigo became a Fullbringer like Chad, but that was only a vehicle for Ichigo to regain his powers (and we can assume BOTH of Ichigo's parents were attacked by Hollows, his mother died from it, and obviously his father is a Shinigami which fulllfills the requirement for a person to have a Fullbring). Unless something else is revealed about the Quincy, I just don't see Ichigo's mother being a Quincy, nor do I see a reason for him to have Quincy powers.

  7. #51
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,810
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: REPEAT & REBOOT

    That makes me wonder how well Seele Schneider will work against an Shinigami's blade, since it's the only real close range weapon the Quincy's have shown so far.

  8. #52
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    Australia
    Posts
    62
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: REPEAT & REBOOT

    Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    The chance for him to have Quincy powers is so limited, it would require his mother being Quincy, or at least half. (we dont know if Ishidas mom is quincy). So deducting from fact you need at least 1 Quincy parent to be one yourself.
    Even for Shinigami powers, and it be be inherited we see different results. Take Ichigo hes for sure the most tallented, also he could clearly see ghosts/souls. from young age. Of his sisters only Karin seems to be able to. Yuzu has high sensing but other then that shes not much different from a regular human. Yet all 3 have the same parents.
    Now for Ichigo to be a Quincy, its possible but why is it needeD? It gives nothing extra for him. Other then maybe explain more about his mother.
    You really have to wonder how a shinigami met & managed to fall in love with an ordinary human. Didn't Isshin move to the human world because of Masaki? She thus would have had to be able to sense reiatsu. I'm starting to like the idea of Masaki being a Quincy now lol...

    Edit: And for my previous post I meant the idea of Ichigo having and using a bow (a long range weapon) very much out-of-character to me :/
    Last edited by yumimi; February 04, 2012 at 08:16 AM.

  9. #53
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wonderland
    Country
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,540
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: REPEAT & REBOOT

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeromcd View Post
    Here are the main points from the Bleach Interview's that have taken place in the past 3 weeks, so that the people who don't visit the Bleach forums can see what has been happening and maybe even rekindle some interesting in people who have lost interest in Bleach.

    Vol.1 - Birth
    Spoiler show


    Vol.2 - Stage

    Spoiler show


    Vol.3 - Restart
    Spoiler show


    The people at Bleach Asylum did a really good job if you want to check out the full scans of these >HERE<

    Some of the lines they translated are a little awkward because it went from JAP>CHI>ENG. And a there was one or so times where a little bit of information was sometimes not added, but it wasn't extremely important stuff.

    Here, the whole stuff + more in one piece.


    After reading all of that, the next arc = Quincy/Hunters is like, 289%. Funny that Kubo isn't even trying to surprise us

    "- The foundation for the next Arc will be about certain "bodies" that Mayuri researched about in the past" I thought it'll be about the bodies he found in HM, but 'researched in past' shows at Quincy's yay
    "- Rangiku's Past will play a key part in the story" I wonder if it's about the experiments I assume Aizen has done on her. I'll be happy to see more of Lts, and.... I hope for Gin in flashbacks aw~ *OO*
    "- Some Vice-Captains possibly obtaining Bankai. Yumichika is a good choice. Izuru's Bankai would be really gross" Yumichika in bankai will be pretty hax me thinks, the same with Kira. It just means the antagonists Quincy side is hella strong.
    "- Flashback of how Rukia felt when she was offered the position of Vice-Captain for Squad 13" More Rukia development, love you Kubo

    "- The mystery of Ichigo's Birth
    - The meaning of the "True Blood" that Grand Fisher mentioned
    - The relationship between Isshin & Ryuuken and the thing they seem to be hiding
    - The secret of why Ichigo and Kaien look so similar
    - The truth behind the death of Ichigo's mother"

    Shiba Isshin, Quincy Masaki, maybe Ryuuken is Masaki's bro, really *OO*
    Gotta reread Grand Fisher scene.

    "- An event will happen that will leave Seireitei in ruin" Again
    "- Kubo laughs and hints at the end of the interview that the Shinigami could possibly know who the new enemies are" Sure they do, they tried to kill them all 200yrs ago/they made a pact to let each

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    That makes me wonder how well Seele Schneider will work against an Shinigami's blade, since it's the only real close range weapon the Quincy's have shown so far.
    Yeah...

    As they'll probably more, more, much more stronger than Uryuu is (I mean, his father is like, you're a n00b, and Uryuu defeated Mayuri lol), they'll do great against shinigami. We'll see lots of new Q techs and weapons.

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    The most likely scenario to me is the next arc will involve the Quincy and in turn be about Ishida. Pointing out who the main supporting character in each arc thus far is a useful thing, and out of Ichigo's friends with powers, only Ishida has not been featured as the main focal point in an arc.

    Ishida didn't become a Shinigami or a Vizard when he fought along side Ichigo in HM (Chad didn't either for that matter), so there's no reason to assume Ichigo will have any connections to the Quincy. Yes, Ichigo became a Fullbringer like Chad, but that was only a vehicle for Ichigo to regain his powers (and we can assume BOTH of Ichigo's parents were attacked by Hollows, his mother died from it, and obviously his father is a Shinigami which fulllfills the requirement for a person to have a Fullbring). Unless something else is revealed about the Quincy, I just don't see Ichigo's mother being a Quincy, nor do I see a reason for him to have Quincy powers.
    A xi0 in Bleach section!!

    Soul Society -> Ichigo is shinigami
    'Vizard arc' -> Ichigo gets the mask
    Hueco Mundo -> Ichigo becomes full hollow (Ichigonator)
    Fullbring -> Ichigo becomes fullbringer.

    The assumption is based on this. He becomes everything he comes across. Even tho I can't imagine him with Q powers, the possibility is somewhere there. I seem to believe more and more that Masaki was a Quincy.


    ex oriente lux

  10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #54
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: REPEAT & REBOOT

    To be honest, I don't like the possibility of shinigami fighting quincies. I don't think such a fight will happen anyway, at least not based on what was said in the interview. To the best of our knowledge, all quincies have similar techniques which would make them overused and the fights a bit boring after a while. I think Ryuuken will fight alongside shinigami against a common enemy, which IMHO would be cool. There're not many quincies left anyway and I don't think a place full of ice would be a proper location for humans to live in.

    IMHO Masaki was likely a fullbringer or a quincy, she had spiritual powers after all. Masaki might be Ryuuken's or Ginjou's sister, the Isshin-Ryuuken-Ginjou triangle hides dark secrets, which is probably about (conditions surrounding) Ichigo's birth and his being true blood. If Soul King has something to do with Masaki's death, it can be proper motive for Ichigo to rebel against the King. Bleach was at its best when shinigami were fighting each other, IMHO a conflict between SS and Royal Dimension should be the way to go. Dethroning the King and establishing a new system would also be an appropriate way to end Bleach.
    Last edited by Miyagi; February 04, 2012 at 09:23 AM.

  12. #55
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: REPEAT & REBOOT

    OMFG i can't believe Shinji really is on the 1st ever color page!!!! it seems Kubo really does have his stuff planned out!!! this is shocking!!!

    Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

  13. #56
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bamf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: REPEAT & REBOOT

    Quote Originally Posted by BaddAzzKenpachi74 View Post
    I can't wait to see Shunsui's Bankai!

    But I have to say, why would stark be classified in the "extremely unlikely" bracket of espadas?

    I can't see any reason why Hallibal would be healed and yet Stark would not.

    He is just as good of an espada as she was and even went so far as to offer Rose and Love a way out of the battle alive.

    And yet Hallibal gets healed why Stark is left to rot?

    How riduclous.

    And what does it mean when he put "-" beside the espada?

    Does that mean there is no chance at all of them returning?
    the "--" means no chance because, you know, they're dead

  14. #57
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: REPEAT & REBOOT

    Quote Originally Posted by SaitoSpike View Post
    OMFG i can't believe Shinji really is on the 1st ever color page!!!! it seems Kubo really does have his stuff planned out!!! this is shocking!!!
    But that's been known since his introduction.:P

    I'm looking for a Quincy arc witrh some Royal Guard involvment.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  15. #58
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: REPEAT & REBOOT

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    But that's been known since his introduction.:P

    I'm looking for a Quincy arc witrh some Royal Guard involvment.
    well dayum i definetly missed that if its a general known fact lol ...but anyways thats hardly the highlight of this whole thing, i simply can't wait to see Unohana finally kick some ass (and i got a feelin its gonna be ALOT of ass kicking) its also nice to know this arc's been planned for 5 years so it should have given him enough time to make sense of it all....i think if he can't fit the Kenpachi Captain story he should just make it movie 5 or an OVA i'd love to see that

    but the real highlight of this interview...is KUBO ACTUALLY GIVING AN INTERVIEW!!! lol

    Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

  16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #59
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wonderland
    Country
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,540
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: REPEAT & REBOOT

    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    To be honest, I don't like the possibility of shinigami fighting quincies. I don't think such a fight will happen anyway, at least not based on what was said in the interview. To the best of our knowledge, all quincies have similar techniques which would make them overused and the fights a bit boring after a while. I think Ryuuken will fight alongside shinigami against a common enemy, which IMHO would be cool. There're not many quincies left anyway and I don't think a place full of ice would be a proper location for humans to live in.

    IMHO Masaki was likely a fullbringer or a quincy, she had spiritual powers after all. Masaki might be Ryuuken's or Ginjou's sister, the Isshin-Ryuuken-Ginjou triangle hides dark secrets, which is probably about (conditions surrounding) Ichigo's birth and his being true blood. If Soul King has something to do with Masaki's death, it can be proper motive for Ichigo to rebel against the King. Bleach was at its best when shinigami were fighting each other, IMHO a conflict between SS and Royal Dimension should be the way to go. Dethroning the King and establishing a new system would also be an appropriate way to end Bleach.
    I don't think all Quincy's will have the same powers. The possibilities are countless, they can manipulate "air" after all, and if there's one thing I believe Kubo is one of the best in, then it's making characters and their powers interesting.

    The Ice Palace isn't made of ice - he said "It's like an Ice Palace", it's a palace-like building made of blue, silver and white material. If you remember the place where Ishidas were training under the hospital, it was silverish, built by syntetized spirit particles or something. And it hid their spiritual presence. It makes sense that remaining Qs were able to build a building made of spirit articles, which also hides their presence.

    We've yet to learn what really happened hundreds of years ago. Was it really only destroying the balance of souls? Or is there more? Were Quincy's almost wiped off, or is there a pact between the two sides about which only the high-positioned shinigami know? Did Mayuri break the pact when he started hunting Qs again?.. We'll see...


    ex oriente lux

  18. #60
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: REPEAT & REBOOT

    Reboot?? just end this manga!! b4 all its ever so loyal fans starts to fade!!

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts