Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

13 7.74%
  • 2 (Average)

25 14.88%
  • 3 (Good)

53 31.55%
  • 4 (Great!)

49 29.17%
  • 5 (Epic!)

20 11.90%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

8 4.76%
New Reply
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 654 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 654 Discussion / 655 Prediction

Oda has never shown the map of OP clearly, if you look at it carefully, it doesn't make a single sense for me... Some jap need to ask him about this.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hamlet's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Oda has never shown the map of OP clearly, if you look at it carefully, it doesn't make a single sense for me... Some jap need to ask him about this.
    Yes, indeed.

Look at this

You see the reverse mountain, the part pointed by Nami's finger. The reverse mountain is the entrance of the GL, not the place where Mariejois is built.
    PS. this map is edited
    Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I love such kind of Chapters!
    Fanservice you say? I am a fan!

Cant wait to read it again when it comes out in a Manga Volume!

Because after all that is what its made for. for whole Volumes like for 10-11 Chapters at once.
    People often seem to forget that, thats why theyre dissapointed in single chapters...

Well i say it wouldve been boring if it was rushed too much. Think about.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raDar View Post
    And how do you think that would happen without some deus ex machina happening? It was already stated in this chapter that Laboon is impossible to be on the other side of the Red Line. He's just too big.
    couldn't kuma made it for them with his power ? I think loboon in the end will gather with his school,therefore he must overcome the red line,and there would be a lot of way to do that,one of these is kuma's DF

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akatsukichro View Post
    hahahaha! So Capone came from West Blue to Shabody just to go through FI to NW? It's like trying to reach your left ear using your right hand from over the top of your head. And what the hell is the reverse mountain doing near the NW? still, thanks for providing a map
    That fake map was illustrated based on facts.
    Exactly! Wasn't clear all the seas meet in the reverse mountain and all rookies have to begin the Grandline there? You just have to imagine the world a globe divided in 4 parts, West Blue is near the NW but you wanted a Capone to cross the calm belt? Even worse, you wanted a rookie to cross the calm belt?

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

akatsukichro
    "And what the hell is the reverse mountain doing near the NW?"
    You are questioning that, but post minutes later yourself? Oo

Pirates do that for 1. preparation because W/N/E/S Blues < Paradise < New World. If they can't even handle Paradise they will have no chanse at all in the NW. It's likely that all Supernova got their high bounty on their way to SA, just like Luffy did. There is your error in reasoning.
    And 2. because it seems like the Reverse Mountain is the only entrance.
    The map I edited and you quoted is a sketched version of the real map, the RedLine goes around the world, it has no end. That is how it looks like! The New World was always on the other side of where the Mugiwaras entered the Grandline and met Laboon.

You could have just googled "One Piece Redline", but even that's to hard nowadays, is it?
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 25, 2012 at 06:29 PM.
    Firm but Fair

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If capone would have went through the calm belt instead of goin down reverse mountain, then this would have happened to him. http://eatmanga.com/index.php/Manga-...&size=original .

Now if Luffy and them were scared shitless from this scene and ran back to the entrance of reverse mountain, i doubt that Capone would be able to cross the calm belt with any luck what so ever.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, indeed.

Look at this

You see the reverse mountain, the part pointed by Nami's finger. The reverse mountain is the entrance of the GL, not the place where Mariejois is built.
    PS. this map is edited
    This map is edited but it sums up some other maps shown in the manga and the databooks.
    Marijoie is on the other part of the red line, ie the part that connect the right and the left side of this map. Reassure me, do you know how to transform a globe into a planisphere ? Cause it seems you make elementary school mistakes here.
    As I asked you, where do you put the new world if it is not where it is shown here ?

Like said by other, you can not go from west blue to new world directly because there is the calm belt in the middle which is what we are telling you since the start.

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

This is the end of Gl and the beginning of NW.
    Exactly and what are the 2 seas that we see around the beginning of the new world, given that there are only 4 and it is not East and South ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

About the maps... Weren't the zones always more or less treated like zones of the surface? When Sanji bought the Elephant Tuna there was already a hint that there are underwater currents that can make sea living creatures go from one Blue to the other even though.

And on the way down to FMI, we just learned that the Redline is a HUGE collection of close islands. So possible there's still other routes out there but only Reverse Mountain and Mariejois/FMI.

Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    Anyone that say's that this chapter was meaningless or a complete waste of time obviously doesn't know good writing when they see it. in my opinion you just need to ignore these people and enjoy other peoples opinion that actually make sense... I won't say this chapter was epic or top ten, but this chapter sure as hell was a GREAT chapter for READERS.
    I feel like this can be repeated over and over and over in each arc - and still there are readers who feel themselves right to criticize every tiny little bit and call others fanboys. The more I read back in this forum, the more often I see this kind of criticism that the same users here are repeating since Thriller Bark at last how boring OP has become - yadayadayafa.

This OP chapter was original even though Oda reused the island whales (they're named in one of the databooks). And another chapter of a different manga (I'm not calling it by name) is called epic because the author reuses the Goku vs. Recoom or Gohan SSJ2 vs Perfect Cell Kamehameha standoff...

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    what I wish is that OP focuses more on the story,without wasting time just to add some chapters to sell more volumes,because it will end up damaging the story itself!
    Do you really have this opinion after reading Marineford War and Fishman Island Arc, and knowing that Oda took Strong World out of the main story? Oda isn't pushed by Jump nor Shueisha "to sell more". We actually just had a two story chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    You have missed the map sketch from the One Piece Grand Countdown?
    Spoiler show

Oda only shows the parts of the map, we need to understand where islands are in the world of One Piece. Like in Chapter 522 when Oda showed the place of Impel Down, Amazon Lily, Enies Lobby, and Marineford.

hahahaha! So Capone came from West Blue to Shabody just to go through FI to NW? It's like trying to reach your left ear using your right hand from over the top of your head. And what the hell is the reverse mountain doing near the NW? still, thanks for providing a map
    No, the whole context of chapter 498 wouldn't make any other sense than Gang came from the West Blue through Reverse Mountain to Paradise and made his way through like all the other rookies. What would be the purpose in taking such a short cut just to get down to FMI up to Sabaody back down to FMI just to crush the ship into a floating island? Just for a spagheti plate in Sabaody?

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha and here I was expecting blue skies and sunny weather xD
    Shows what I know.

We've been waiting for this moment for a long time
    This chapter makes up for a very poor (imo) story arc.
    Last edited by natli; January 25, 2012 at 07:22 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Am i reading this right or did everyone already forget how the OP world is built?

I wish i could draw some pictures, but i cannot so will try to explain this.

Think of the world as an entire ocean ("All blue? ") and that over the course of history a gigantic continent split the ocean into two areas...this continent is now known as the red line. Think of the red line similar to the equator of our real world.

Due to the ocean's currents and weather pattern, the grand line was created. Think of the grand line as your prime meridian.

This separates the four seas of one piece if you were to divide the hemispheres in half...north blue and west blue would the northern hemisphere, while south blue and east blue would be the southern hemisphere.

The grand line is surrounded on both sides by calm belts, so to navigate to the grand line, a sailor would have to travel in the opposite cardinal direction of their sea...so from east blue they traveled west, a pirate from south blue travels north. Eventually they get into the corner where reverse mountain is located. At one point there's three directions, the red line, the calm belt (which we saw SH enter that time) and the mountain itself, making the mountain the only navigated route.

Why not just cross the calm belts? Seriously? We've been over this a ton already. The calm belts are a nest where sea kings dwell, especially the largest that exist. You can see in the calm belt spread how small going merry is compared to these things, they're absolutely massive. There's also no wind to sail with, which leaves pirates and average sailors unable to explore the calm belt. In OP lore there are probably stories of people sailing to a place until there is no wind to navigate, then never seen again. Other than the marines and Hancock's ship, we've yet to see any capable of crossing the calm belts. What this means is any pirate would have to travel to reverse mountain to enter the grand line.

Once on the grand line they're basically going in literally a line of sorts to the red line where marijoa is located. They go through FI and enter the New World. The New World is completely isolated because you can't enter from the other side of reverse mountain, and the calm belt keeps random pirates from north or west blue simply crossing it to make it to the new world also, meaning the only people who enter the new world are marines and pirates who have been strong enough to make it through their entire route on paradise. And logically we can assume any pirates who would happen to make it to nw and aren't strong enough to handle their own would probably join a yonkou crew, or find themselves and early grave anyway. If it were any easier, pirates would be hanging out around raftel all the time and there would be no real adventure would there?

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hamlet's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

How could this happen! I made a huge error. So it's a one wall that goes around the globe. I owe you all a big apology Thank really for helping understand this
    k-dom
    Give me a break here. Do you expect me to instantaneously understand that the whole world is separated by a colossal Wall-of-China without a map to illustrate that aspect?
    ErosVp
    Law was able to cross the Calm Belt from Amazon lily.

Notice, if this were the end of the NW, there should be an island: Raftel.
    Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for explaining it... i really didn't feel like doin it myself. it's not even hard to understand how the OP world works... it's kinda boring still talking about this though when it's been explained over and over again... can we all get back to the actual chapter... How long do you think smoker will wait before he realizes that the mugiwara aren't goin to be surfacing there? haha. wish i could see his face.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

@akatsukichro
    At least you understood, it is alright! Yes, Raftel should be around there, it is unknown why pirates can't reach there, maybe the weather or Raftel is a sky island or the younkous prevent this...

Law was able to go through the calm belt due to Kujas scout and probably that was just the begging of the belt anyway. Marines also go through the calm belt. Again rookies must all go through the reverse mountain since even if they had a marine ship one Seaking would be too much a weak guy, and go directly to NW might be dangerous...
    Last edited by ErosVp; January 25, 2012 at 07:38 PM.

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa's folks are bustin out the maps!

Anyway, I laughed when it turned out it was a storm on the surface and everybody was saying how bad it was only for luffy to say perfect! XD good ol one piece! good ol funny one piece!
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

New Reply
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast