Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

13 7.74%
  • 2 (Average)

25 14.88%
  • 3 (Good)

53 31.55%
  • 4 (Great!)

49 29.17%
  • 5 (Epic!)

20 11.90%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

8 4.76%
New Reply
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 654 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 654 Discussion / 655 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Until another chapter passes i'm still not giving up the idea of a confrontation with Smoker . I know i'm probably the only one who thinks this but their entrance was just too quick and we didn't get to see were they ended up. I can't accept Oda showed us Smoker and leaves it hanging just like that. He showed him 'cause he's near the SH's that's what i think.
    Allow me to join the camp I'm not sure how far that White Strom took them, but if they're anywhere remotely close and Smoker has developed a strong enough color of observation haki, he may even be able to sense the direction they're in.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    Allow me to join the camp I'm not sure how far that White Strom took them, but if they're anywhere remotely close and Smoker has developed a strong enough color of observation haki, he may even be able to sense the direction they're in.
    The only thing i like about smoker gang confronting SHs is tashigi confront zoro .. always glad to see zoro s red cheek and the way he try hard to avoid eye contact ... Otherwise i never liked smoker before because every time he meet SHs, he pawns luffy just because he is a logia... When he was first introduced at Logue town as the bad ass captain who never let any pirate pass from there to GL... I thought ... luffy will make him look like an idiot but when luffy needed to be saved by dragon.. that was it for me ..

Also its very few times that they have confronted each other if you ask me ... and since its the entry to NW and things are going pretty much in a similar fashion as the first half of the story went.. they will confront him and there will not gonna be a fight scene they will just escape again... Anyways.. the whole point is .. I personally don't like smoker as a character .. however i realize and admit that oda do have a special place for him in manga.. sad but true

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
    What the hell! Are you implying I am a hypocrite? When he aimed at sinking MHQ, that was to try his new acquisition: Gura Gura. Also, it was to frighten the people watching the war, and so on. Don't tell me, when he was rampaging Banaro Island(with his yami), it was to challenge Ace. And when he was rampaging Drum Island, it was to challenge Wapol.
    Hypocrite? That doesn't rly fit in. U did contradict urself, means u made a statement, but later gave a explanation which directly went against that statement.

Going rampage on Banro Island has nothing to do with challenging Ace. It's not like Ace was in charge of that island. BB threatened to sink the marine headquarters, which is a direct challenge to any Marine, including Sengoku and Garp. Just like the SHs declared war by burning the WG's flag back in Enies Lobby. Furthermore as I stated BB did call Garp and Sengoku by name.

Anyway, whether u agree or not, BB was on Shanks and on Garp's + Sengoku's bad side.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

As for this chapter, though I voted "average" I was close voting "awful". Simply because the pace sucked. Ever since the skip I noticed a change in pace. Now to compare take for example chapter 490, it was very similar to this weeks chapter, but it ended with a plot relevant cliffhanger. This weeks cliffhanger "the entrance to the new world" could have been easily in the middle of the chapter like back in 490 with the redline. All this new world hype is almost tiring.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    Otherwise i never liked smoker before because every time he meet SHs, he pawns luffy just because he is a logia... When he was first introduced at Logue town as the bad ass captain who never let any pirate pass from there to GL... I thought ... luffy will make him look like an idiot but when luffy needed to be saved by dragon.. that was it for me ..

Also its very few times that they have confronted each other if you ask me ... and since its the entry to NW and things are going pretty much in a similar fashion as the first half of the story went.. they will confront him and there will not gonna be a fight scene they will just escape again... Anyways.. the whole point is .. I personally don't like smoker as a character .. however i realize and admit that oda do have a special place for him in manga.. sad but true
    That's exactly why i wanna see this confrontation ASAP 'cause until now Luffy couldn't fight back at all , all he could do was just run away or be saved by Dragon or Ace. Smoker always had the advantage 'cause he was a Logia but now that can't be called an advantage anymore since Luffy learned COA.
    Don't you wanna see how will things go now , i personally can't wait though i have a feeling Smoker already knows Luffy can use haki. I wonder how will their fight progress
    As for Smoker as a character i like him , i mean he's one of the few marines out there who believe and act in the name of true justice unlike Akainu for example who's methods aren't quite orthodox I prefer him being Luffy's rival than Coby

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing i like about smoker gang confronting SHs is tashigi confront zoro .. always glad to see zoro s red cheek and the way he try hard to avoid eye contact ... Otherwise i never liked smoker before because every time he meet SHs, he pawns luffy just because he is a logia... When he was first introduced at Logue town as the bad ass captain who never let any pirate pass from there to GL... I thought ... luffy will make him look like an idiot but when luffy needed to be saved by dragon.. that was it for me ..

In Loguetown, it seemed necessary for Luffy to lose to Smoker but still escape. If Luffy had beaten him and Smoker began pursuing him, he would seem like a butthurt dude that can't take defeat. Instead, Oda made it so that it was his pride that suffered and gave him a genuine reason to chase Luffy.

Anyway, Luffy is now able to touch Smoker, so rest assured, the days of Luffy's attacks completely being ineffective are gone. I think from here on out, we should expect them to fight somewhat equally with neither really pwning the other. Still, whether there's a confrontation here or not, the chase is ON.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hamlet's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    Hypocrite? That doesn't rly fit in. U did contradict urself, means u made a statement, but later gave a explanation which directly went against that statement.
    Ah, you're talking about this,
    Quote Quote:
    BB tried to sink Marinford; hence was impeded by Sengoku and Garp. He didn't literally invite them for a fight, as you implied.
    *sighs* I'll explain as you read.

Going rampage on Banro Island has nothing to do with challenging Ace. It's not like Ace was in charge of that island. BB threatened to sink the marine headquarters, which is a direct challenge to any Marine, including Sengoku and Garp. Just like the SHs declared war by burning the WG's flag back in Enies Lobby. Furthermore as I stated BB did call Garp and Sengoku by name.
    What I am saying is, BB was impeded by Ace in Banaro even though he wasn't challenged. Also, in HQ, after he aquired the Gura Gura, he felt as though nothing could obstruct him, and therefore he was intending to sink Marinford as a great display of his new acquired power, which will also give the world a frightening image of him, and which will also make future enemies avoid his path and will make thing easier for his future endeavor. BUUUUUT, he was impeded by Sengoku, which was a little unexpected. Look in the third panel in the left. It's the face of huh.

Anyway, whether u agree or not, BB was on Shanks and on Garp's + Sengoku's bad side.
    BB gave Shanks a scar in his left eye(as far as I remember); therefore, he's become his enemy.

BB defeated Ace caught him and became a Shichibukai due to that just to finally invade ID and release the worst criminals OP's history has ever known; therefore, he's become Garp's & Sengoku's enemy. Fact are facts. I am not, as you probably think, contradicting you for the sole purpose of wining unreasonably an argument. Please, don't perceive me as some kid craving for credit.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 30, 2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: rude
    Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    That's exactly why i wanna see this confrontation ASAP 'cause until now Luffy couldn't fight back at all , all he could do was just run away or be saved by Dragon or Ace. Smoker always had the advantage 'cause he was a Logia but now that can't be called an advantage anymore since Luffy learned COA.
    Don't you wanna see how will things go now , i personally can't wait though i have a feeling Smoker already knows Luffy can use haki. I wonder how will their fight progress
    Yeah.. i wonder that too... but the smoker we met at louge town and the smoker we see now are two different people... he has already gone soft towards luffy... he has seen the determination in luffy at louge town .. then he has seen what luffy has done for arbasta which he cudnt achieve.. also luffy saved him from drowning their (he ordered zoro for that) ... and after all that he still overpowered luffy during the war when he already know that luffy is weak against logia... that's cheapo ... I still think even if they confront each other now.. luffy will try to run rather then fight him.. he respect that part of his deal .. ... there is a relationship developing between two ofcoz (but i dont like it x-( )

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    In Loguetown, it seemed necessary for Luffy to lose to Smoker but still escape. If Luffy had beaten him and Smoker began pursuing him, he would seem like a butthurt dude that can't take defeat. Instead, Oda made it so that it was his pride that suffered and gave him a genuine reason to chase Luffy.
    That is the point ... smoker always knew that he can overpower luffy and just because he can but that time he cudnt because of dragon's interference and thats why he left logue town to capture him,... which sounds too egoistic to me...

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Smoker is not that far really. SH weren't in that whirl for that long. Still, I don't think they'll meet in the next chapter. Seems that the raging fire storm has a priority. Maybe they'll even come to meet that monster granny selling umbrellas. Thinking about it now, she might run a very lucrative business, provided she sells different kinds of umbrellas, fire proof ones, for example.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 31, 2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: f

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah.. i wonder that too... but the smoker we met at louge town and the smoker we see now are two different people... he has already gone soft towards luffy... he has seen the determination in luffy at louge town .. then he has seen what luffy has done for arbasta which he cudnt achieve.. also luffy saved him from drowning their (he ordered zoro for that) ... and after all that he still overpowered luffy during the war when he already know that luffy is weak against logia... that's cheapo ... I still think even if they confront each other now.. luffy will try to run rather then fight him.. he respect that part of his deal .. ... there is a relationship developing between two ofcoz (but i dont like it x-( )
    Hmm i see that you know that Smoker is a good guy in a way so i find it weird for you to not like him.
    As for what happened at MF well that's the thing i like about him and i'm referring here at his sense of justice which is the real deal. Obviously he couldn't just stand there and let Luffy pass without trying to stop him , after all Luffy's a pirate and he's a marine , they're meant to be enemies even if deep down Smoker has a sort of respect for Luffy so to say , after all Luffy did save his life so from that point onwards Smoker understood that he's not a ruthless pirate like BB for example. It just he can't help it 'cause they are enemies , that's why he fought with him with all he got at MF and that will never change until he catches him.

That is the point ... smoker always knew that he can overpower luffy and just because he can but that time he cudnt because of dragon's interference and thats why he left logue town to capture him,... which sounds too egoistic to me...
    It's not egoistic at all , the guy did his job as a marine and as the one responsible of stopping all the pirates from entering GL , can you blame him for doing what he's put there for ?

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

a chapter gone for the departure,a chapter gone for the ascent to the surface,hence the next chapter will be focused to Sh's displacement until they reach smoker. although I guess smoker will be the one who will run after them

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Given the smoker scenario, its likely what will happen is if they are far away he will realize it and set off, for all we know he might end up at the island they're on when he heads back to G5 or wherever he is located. Given he was suddenly introduced means that its likely we'll see a confrontation before the arcs over, even if it's just another escape one.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what do you guys think the plot will be this time when they first enter the grand line vivi was introduce and were heading to Whiskey Peak from the start .when they enter the grand line they meet laboon an island whale, when they enterd the New World they meet a school of island whales .it the same pattern .im not trying to make an argument . just wanted to point it out
    Last edited by mup; January 30, 2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Red sea with flames and dark clouds.... I hope its Akainu or Smoker around..... just being hopeful...

Its obviously the weather in the new world.

I am routing for a big sea battle soon, hopefully some real good action..
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what to expect from a sea battle in One Piece. Oda hasn't finished a single fight on the sea (aside from the attack on Duval) - everyone ended either with the escape of one party or the battle isn't shown at all, and in the end someone reports about it. Though it may be "nice" to see the Sunny in action and used with all channels.

One Piece has gone through the story without a "major sea battle" for tens of years - and I don't think it needs one at all that lasts more than half a chapter.

And if Smoker appears in the next chapter, the strawhats will escaped with Coup de Burst or the help of the Whales and Nami's skills.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

The biggest sea battle in One Piece is the one between Shiki and Roger... we didnt see it happen, but we know how it ended, and I am expecting something of those sorts...

Ships battling each other is quite common in fiction, I am sure Oda was saving it for the New World.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

New Reply
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast