Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

13 7.74%
  • 2 (Average)

25 14.88%
  • 3 (Good)

53 31.55%
  • 4 (Great!)

49 29.17%
  • 5 (Epic!)

20 11.90%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

8 4.76%
New Reply
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 654 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 654 Discussion / 655 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    The biggest sea battle in One Piece is the one between Shiki and Roger... we didnt see it happen, but we know how it ended, and I am expecting something of those sorts...

Ships battling each other is quite common in fiction, I am sure Oda was saving it for the New World.
    Well considering that most of the ships only fire cannon balls and, since early chapter we have seen how easy it is for experienced pirates do dodge and reflect cannon balls, I don't see much of a battle unless we see something like Garp shooting the cannon balls or something like buster call where there are a SH*T load of battle ships and they completely rain down SH with cannon balls.

Crap I used cannon balls too many times.
    Last edited by Zoro #1; January 30, 2012 at 09:54 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    That is the point ... smoker always knew that he can overpower luffy and just because he can but that time he cudnt because of dragon's interference and thats why he left logue town to capture him,... which sounds too egoistic to me...
    It was his job not to let any pirates leave Logue town and was obviously very committed to it. Luffy specifically piqued his interest after smiling at the face of death and being insanely lucky, so he focused only on him. It's not like he showed as much interest, if any at all, in Alvida and Buggy going free.

Anyway, whether or not you like him has no bearing on the possibility of a confrontation. For me personally, I think it's possible that Smoker may sense them with haki and begin sailing in their direction, thus signifying the continuation of their cat and mouse chase.

It could then lead to an actual confrontation. I can see a scenario where during or after the crew have gotten away from the storm, the Marines appear and begin firing. Franky prepares to use use Coup de Burst while the crew or just the monster trio handle the cannons with minimal effort. Luffy and Smoker then make eye contact. Smoker gets ready to personally attack while Franky says that the Coup de Burst is ready. Luffy smiles at Smoker, and the Sunny flies away. Smoker is left pissed.......I'd be satisfied with just this.
    Last edited by Freid; January 30, 2012 at 11:19 PM.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro #1 View Post
    Well considering that most of the ships only fire cannon balls and, since early chapter we have seen how easy it is for experienced pirates do dodge and reflect cannon balls, I don't see much of a battle unless we see something like Garp shooting the cannon balls or something like buster call where there are a SH*T load of battle ships and they completely rain down SH with cannon balls.

Crap I used cannon balls too many times.
    Well, I was thinking more in teh lines of a pirate raid.... how the unicorn under Francis Haddock was raided by Red Rackham (Tintin reference), the black pearl in pirates of the caribbean....

Considering Luffy and co being nice guys and all, I can imagine a fight between Luffy and another pirate ship, people jumping across ships and fighting it out. Maybe Luffy fights an armada under a big pirate or even a yonkou..... Cannon balls, sword fights are a part of it, but a battle in the sea with a clash of different Df fruit users.... there are so many possibilites.... without overusing the cannon balls ...

Anyways, thats what I expect, a known force clashing with Luffy very soon, either a ferocious battle or an epic escape...
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i was actually thinking that Oda was saving a great sea batle for the new world. Especially since pirate crews seem to be a lot larger in the new world compared to Paradise. So i could actually see another strong pirate crew confronting the Mugiwara and then shooting cannon balls at eachother and once they figure out that both sides aren't effected by it, they begin to get closer and then bored eachothers ships and fight it out... Although i can't see it happening exactly like that even though i would like to see it... Because to me it seems that the Mugiwara never actually want to fight, they just want adventure so most of the time when they are at sea they think about just running away so that they can continue to explore the sea without any problems. The only time they get in fights is when they are backed into a corner and have no other choice...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have been happy if caribou was not introduced in the story from the start. Moreover the fakes was not only for the comic relief because there was nothing comic about them ... they were a bunch of losers... It was more of a way to gather marines at the island so that the things should be interesting for SHs to restart the journey (completely own the pacifistas and epic support of others who have help them those two years) ... and agreed that there should be these kind of lite chapters... but I like it when these chapters are full of SHs only .. ... I actually wait for such deck scenes

I think the only reason he made appearance was to show that he still exists /// Also the group of laboon took them somewhere else.. and almost all the whales came out at same time roaring at the sky... sounds to me some shitty place where something is going on.... Also they lost that three islands the log was indicating to initially 9it seems like so) ... overall , I am excited and I don't care for smoker to appear until and unless some other epic thing is in front.. smoker is pretty last on my list ... Though if smoker confrontation happens i will be happy anyways ..
    The only support that has not been around is

Mihawk
    CLEANED

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elitefox View Post
    The only support that has not been around is

Mihawk
    For that matter ivankov was not there too.. only the other okamas were there ... for zoro .. perona was there .... {oops i m drifting away from the topic}

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

For that matter ivankov was not there too.. only the other okamas were there ... for zoro .. perona was there .... {oops i m drifting away from the topic}
    haha I guess I wanna see mihawk more seeing him sail away.

We can expect anything as of now though, but I smell great adventure ahead
    CLEANED

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    It could then lead to an actual confrontation. I can see a scenario where during or after the crew have gotten away from the storm, the Marines appear and begin firing. Franky prepares to use use Coup de Burst while the crew or just the monster trio handle the cannons with minimal effort. Luffy and Smoker then make eye contact. Smoker gets ready to personally attack while Franky says that the Coup de Burst is ready. Luffy smiles at Smoker, and the Sunny flies away. Smoker is left pissed.......I'd be satisfied with just this.
    Yeah, it would be nice, even if a little repetitive. I'm tired of Luffy running away from Smoker and Coup de Burst escaping from Marines (even though it happened only once). I'd like to see a situation in which escape is impossible and they at least have a little skirmish. We've been waiting for that a long time.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The closest we had so far from a naval battle was the escape from Enies Lobby.
    another scenario than the escape would be that they sink the marine ships but, honnestly, I can't imagine Smoker on a raft like the pirates in Asterix
    Last edited by k-dom; January 31, 2012 at 05:25 AM.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regino's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    The closest was had so far from a naval battle was the escape from Enies Lobby.
    another scenario than the escape would be that they sink the marine ships but, honnestly, I can't imagine Smoker on a raft like the pirates in Asterix
    A real naval battle link Roger vs Shiki (in Shanks backflash) would be nice, but I think its too early for that to happen, but I would really appreciate it

Smoker on raft.... epic
    "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Henry Ford

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine Smoker on a raft like the pirates in Asterix

I imagined it ... and that is one way oda will make me love that character for real ...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

The closest was had so far from a naval battle was the escape from Enies Lobby.
    What about escape from Alabasta and Bon Clay's diversion? SH had to repel cannonballs and Merry was filled with metal spikes. Bon Clay's attack on Hina's ship was epic. Well, anime soundtrack helped
    Spoiler show

One of the best moments in anime for me.
    Last edited by Razh; January 31, 2012 at 05:23 AM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Now your link made me reread the end of Arabasta and Robin joining (I can't get tired of these chapters). And there was an interesting point that i forgot when the ship falls from the sky. The log pose change its direction and lock to a sky island instead of the fall island they were going to initially. So that means that by taking the whitestorm, they may have locked on other islands than the 3 from Fishman island.
    Last edited by k-dom; January 31, 2012 at 06:06 AM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually think that Usopp would be very usefull in a sea battle now that he has his pop green. I mean he could most deffinitely just shoot plants and seaweed and kinds of pop greens on the other ship and no one would be able to deflect them like the cannonballs. And since they are so small, they wouldn't see the pop green till it was too late.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

surely in next chapter we will see them watching at the sea/sky/weather for about 5 pages while talking to/about the whales. then we should finally see smoker! oda,please,at least in the 3rd chapter after that one!

New Reply
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast