Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

13 7.74%
  • 2 (Average)

25 14.88%
  • 3 (Good)

53 31.55%
  • 4 (Great!)

49 29.17%
  • 5 (Epic!)

20 11.90%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

8 4.76%
New Reply
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 654 Discussion

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 654 Discussion / 655 Prediction

Eh? The chapter is not epic enough for being the chapter when the crew FINALLY enters the long awaited New World? And the great symbolism of Zoro's words just make me even more excited : "Looks like the entrance of HELL." And even the greater symbolism of entering the second part with a whale by their side! Oda you sure know how to construct a story.

Also random crew interactions are a thing that sets One Piece apart, it has a brilliant set of characters somehow all connected, some bonding as well, humor at the satisfactory level and a well known trick of the smaller fish being eaten by the bigger. The chapter has hidden gems of beauty if one looks for them.
    Last edited by Josef K.; January 25, 2012 at 02:42 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    As long as BM isn't shown opening the Tamatebako yet, I think that they will just visit some islands or something like that, and it seems that they're far from Smoker too. Oda have the choice to show us any character this time, but I think once that bomb will explode either in BM face or anyone from her crew, it will be the beginning the BM arc.
    I so wanna see that and please let it explode in BM's face and i hope it's a fairly powerful bomb. One of Neptune's soldiers did say they stuffed Tamatebako with bombs so i expect a nice and powerful "booooooom"

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Instead of responding to the hate, many others already did, I would rather talk about what will await them from now.

I'm wondering if the whitestorm moved them into the direction of the calm belt or made them skip to a second or third level[in terms of 1st 2nd island on a path] island. Many predict Big Mam to be their first Yonko encounter, but with the way the islands are to and from, they could travel to places reigned by each of the Yonkou, which will ease the discussion about power levels["He beat Yonko #1, so there won't be anymore dangers."] and give us an impression of their characters and goals. I would definitely prefer that to straight Big Mam or Kaidou sagas.

Nami looked quite happy despite seeing that Log Pose needle going haywire, seems like she was effected by Luffys spirit of adventure.
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 25, 2012 at 02:37 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

A wild Whitestrom suddenly appeared!

Well, that one is a bit cliché-ridden and we didn't get to see the Red Line hole but it is still a great, almost epic chapter avoiding simple fighting with the marines or chasing the BM crew, just doing their stuff

Btw, there is good example, for those who don't understand OP, concerning the "decision making" discussion in the last thread. http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...cussion/page14
    Last edited by yieps; January 25, 2012 at 05:24 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i alway's read each chapter twice... Once from mangareader and the second time from eatmanga. Mainly because mangareader is sure to have all the pages but the translations aren't the best. Eatmanga has the best translation around in my opinion, but i have seen the odd time, like once every 100 chapters where there was one page missing... so i like to do a double take with both sites.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    yeah,and it's one of its aspect that I hate most. face it,op is really slow,even when there aren't transition chapter,it's slow and oda doesn't show much(for example the last chapter of 2011,he could have shown at least BM's face,but he didn't).furthermore,the smartest thing to do in order to show what the crew is doing in a realistic manner is to make them explain what they have been doing during these 2 years.why did zoro not explain the reason of his right eye,or robin's past with dragon and the revolutionary ecc. oda is just wasting time IMO
    Wow, well somebody doesn't know patience. Oda specifically doesn't show or mention these things for a reason not to 'waste time' as you have put it. Would you really read one piece if everything was explained. Oda is a genious at explaingin things at just the right time. When he does it doesn't feel forced or rushed and I still want to see what happens next. It also makes me appreciate the info im given.

This breather was really important to the plot. For the past few weeks we've had nothing but tension because of all the build ups and Luffy challenging big mom and everything, it was nice, relaxing, and similar to their first passing through the grandline (they also came across large sea kings)

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ero-Sanji View Post
    Always been fond of the "ship-chapters", greatly nostalgic and this particular chapter on the ship was beautiful!
    Although, I am a bit sad that those Whales had the faces that resembled Laboon and they felt a little bit forced, in the way to make us remember when they got into the grand line in the first place. Would have been better to draw them without the scares since those made Laboon and his story unique, as well as the fact that Brook saw Laboon in a "normal" physical state.
    I was thinking about it...couldn't those whales be part of 'laboons' family from when he went with the rumber pirates. I feel as if they were crossing the redline to see laboon. I mean its just my two cents.
    Last edited by meepers4982; January 25, 2012 at 03:37 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hamlet's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    So? If I'm allowed to remind you: West Blue is linked to New World through the Calm Belt. So a whole giant whale tribe could easily pass the Calm Belt and go for the New World.

Spoiler show
    Dude, can you provide proof? I fail to remember such fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by japjapjunjun View Post
    You are right. They live only in the West Blue. So it's natural to think that Strawhats are carried to the West Blue by the White Strom and be on the surface of the West Blue now
    hahaha!(excuse me, but that scene was funny). No, that's the NW, finally.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    I think those whales travel the sea. Maybe their birthplace is in west blue and they swim the seas later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post

japjapjunjun/akatsukichro
    You know even fish and wales travel around the world...
    And they come back to nest particularly in West Blue?
    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMugiwara View Post
    They are whales, they can swin and they should therefore be able to cross a Calm Belt.
    West Blue is next to NW.
    Spoiler show
    Thanks for providing a map, but, alas, I still don't understand it. The Calm Belt extend to the Red Line; it is the end of it.
    Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

tret16
    You mean the Mangazone and Mangastream version, as those are the scanlation groups. Mangareader just takes the first version it get's as seen a couple weeks ago. The first ones have a unrefined, but literal translation, while the last ones have analogous one, it's more fluid, but invites errors and mistakes more often.

yieps
    It would be far easier to link to the point in the discussion, it reached 21 after all.^^

akatsukichro
    It is connected to the wild seas of the New World, so how about yes!? Why shouldn't they give birth and breed the younglings in some calm waters instead of a sea with burning seas and thundering skies? You are being unreasonable if you can't see that as a possibility. Why shouldn't marine mammals be able to move through the Calm Belt, especially those island wales?

edit:
    The last part was just an additional general argument, sry if took it differently. I'm not implying it's the calmest one, the East Blueobviously is as said several times throughout the manga, but they can't get there, can they? Looking at the Supernova, Trafalgar Law, Basil Hawkins, and X Drake come from the North Blue, while Capone is the only one from the West Blue, I guess it's the calmer one of the two, the whales giving birth[at least Laboon] there hints to that too.
    /edit

The green field could all be their haunt/living environment.
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 25, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Oni Giri's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Nami looked quite happy despite seeing that Log Pose needle going haywire, seems like she was effected by Luffys spirit of adventure.
    she may be scared at first but she will take luffy wherever he wants to go. that's why she spent her 2 years at weatheria after all
    "A crew whose captain lost his dignity will surely collapse" - Roronoa Zoro

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

so which does eatmanga get there's from, there's seems to be rather good except for the odd spelling mistakes here and there.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oni Giri
    Lol I know, it's just a fast change of opnion despite her fear last week, but now that they have arrived there she has no reason to complain.

I don't think anybody has to remind me[the OP board is my residence ;P] of the mindset of the mugiwaras.

edit
    Thanks. : )
    /edit

tret16
    eat manga is just a manga reader page like batobato[best one for giving [some of] their income to the scanlation groups], mangatrader[they got one too now] or mangafox, not to be mistaken with I Eat Manga, now I Eat Soul. I asume that's the reason for their name change too. They, I say it, steal the manga from the scanlation group and earn their money, which lead to those annoying watermarks.
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 25, 2012 at 04:48 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Oni Giri's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Oni Giri
    Lol I know, it's just a fast change of opnion despite her fear last week, but now that they have arrived there she has no reason to complain.

I don't think anybody has to remind me[the OP board is my residence ;P] of the mindset of the mugiwaras.
    you can be sure that i wont next time

anyway when will oda reveal that what zoro and robin did during time skip. they should stop and talk about what they did instead of fishing damnit.
    "A crew whose captain lost his dignity will surely collapse" - Roronoa Zoro

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hamlet's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

akatsukichro
    It is connected to the wild seas of the New World, so how about yes!?
    won't do
    Why shouldn't they give birth and breed the younglings in some calm waters instead of a sea with burning seas and thundering skies? You are being unreasonable if you can't see that as a possibility.
    *Sighs*so you imply that West Blue is the calmest of the five seas?
    Why shouldn't marine mammals be able to move through the Calm Belt, especially those island wales?
    I didn't imply whatsoever that they cannot move through the Calm Belt. I don't know where you fetch such contradictions.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

I guess this makes sense
    Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Certainly more calm than the GL, especially the NW.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

he's not implying that west blue is the calmest sea. The whales probably just find that all the conditions for raising there young are optimal in west blue. For example, maybe the type of food in west blue is there favorite, or perhaps the water temp is optimal for good birth condition. there could be several other reasons. we will never know unless Oda explains though.

New Reply
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast