Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: A vs. Minato

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A vs. Minato

i just watched the animated fight of there encounter on the anime and it says

Raikage: "There's no shinobi faster than me, not since the fouth hokage!"
    Naruto: "You knew my dad?"
    Raikage: "We fought many times, I came to believe that no one could ever defeat him"

And at my house I have this volume in English that i bought a couple weeks ago, I can post that translation later on when i get back there

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    It was a test of speed because, more than anything else, Raikage excels in speed.
    And, just like his father, Naruto had to prove to be able to survive that speed blitz and overcome it. I don't think it would've been wise to have an all-out battle instead
    As if an all-out battle was the only way to go. Regardless, if they used speed just for the sake of using speed, then there would be nothing at all to indicate that Naruto had surpassed Minato and could succeed where he failed...

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    As if an all-out battle was the only way to go. Regardless, if they used speed just for the sake of using speed, then there would be nothing at all to indicate that Naruto had surpassed Minato and could succeed where he failed...
    Then do tell how it should've go down the confrontation, in your opinion.
    Raikage was convinced by his brother that Naruto was reliable, that he, just like Bee, found their sun, as corny as it is, and thus its a Jinchuuriki that wouldn't be overwhelmed by his bijuu, he saw the kid having good resiliance and speed, and knowing his Uzumaki heritage plus his bijuu chakra he also knew Naruto was one of the few guys to be able to match him in chakra quantity.
    There was really no other way, at least no one that was quick and served the plot:
    what would they do, arm wrestling?
    In Sage Mode Naruto would've shat on Raikage.
    Intelligence test?
    Both would have a 0.
    Endurance contest?
    Good luck with 2 chapters on enduring blows.

Raikage saw first hand Naruto's convinction, and by the way of the main character, he believed in him. Testing him in speed was the only logical choice imho, since, as he said, he was the second one to dodge his charge at full speed.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole point is that the confrontation went down the way it did because speed was the point. That's the only thing Ee would have needed to learn in order to see whether Naruto had surpassed Minato. That was the key, since that was what Minato had over Ee.

And I seriously doubt Sage Mode would have been a threat to Ee.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole point is that the confrontation went down the way it did because speed was the point. That's the only thing Ee would have needed to learn in order to see whether Naruto had surpassed Minato. That was the key, since that was what Minato had over Ee.

Speed was the point because Raikage was known to be the faster guy alive.
    He wasn't the strongest, nor the most durable, nor he had the most destructive jutsu, he simply was the fastest.
    And if Naruto wanted to be the saviour, he needed to prove to be able to do at least that much, as in defeating Raikage in the thing Raikage did best.

In strenght? Only Tsunade and Jiraiya showed comparable strenght to Naruto in Sage Mode

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes but he mentions speed and goes onto saying Minato was unsurpassed after it. It would be completely retarded for him to say Minato was faster than him and then go on to saying Minato was faster than him again.

And even then, when he said it, Naruto had not shown his full speed nor the ability to dodge Raikages top speed for the Raikage to even assume that Naruto could have surpassed Minato in that field inorder to be branded the savior.

And please, stop being so sure of what Minato had over the Raikage, its not a fact.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Speed was the point because Raikage was known to be the faster guy alive.
    He wasn't the strongest, nor the most durable, nor he had the most destructive jutsu, he simply was the fastest.
    And if Naruto wanted to be the saviour, he needed to prove to be able to do at least that much, as in defeating Raikage in the thing Raikage did best.

In strenght? Only Tsunade and Jiraiya showed comparable strenght to Naruto in Sage Mode
    Defeating Ee had nothing to do with Naruto proving he was the savior, surpassing Minato who had previously held the role was what would have proven that.

Huh? Tsunade has shown more strength then Sage Naruto too. Sage Naruto hits someone, they get thrown back. Ee and Tsunade hit someone, and they get a hole punched through them. They also both hold the feat of cracking Susanoo.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    Yes but he mentions speed and goes onto saying Minato was unsurpassed after it. It would be completely retarded for him to say Minato was faster than him and then go on to saying Minato was faster than him again.

And even then, when he said it, Naruto had not shown his full speed nor the ability to dodge Raikages top speed for the Raikage to even assume that Naruto could have surpassed Minato in that field inorder to be branded the savior.

And please, stop being so sure of what Minato had over the Raikage, its not a fact.
    "Minato was faster then me" and " no one ever had greater speed then him", are two different points. One's personally references his own relationship with Minato, the other is a reference to the overall world.

I get that, that it wasn't until Ee saw the faith both Kirabi and Tsunade had in Naruto that he began to change. Outside ninjutsu, I see no reason to doubt what they had over each other.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Defeating Ee had nothing to do with Naruto proving he was the savior, surpassing Minato who had previously held the role was what would have proven that.

Huh? Tsunade has shown more strength then Sage Naruto too. Sage Naruto hits someone, they get thrown back. Ee and Tsunade hit someone, and they get a hole punched through them. They also both hold the feat of cracking Susanoo.
    He had Bee and Tsunade, his own brother and the one that would know Naruto best since they are both Jinchuuriki and a Hokage tell him that they have faith in him, Raikage needed only a solid proof, and that proof was a speed contest.
    One isn't a saviour if he hasn't the skills, and Naruto had to prove that he was at least his father's level.

Considering he killed a Path without even touching it and showed such strenght that he can throw Rhinos and Bijuus around, I wouldn't sell him short.
    A cracked only the riblet version, and Naruto never ever punched Susano'o in SM, so we can't really compare.
    Don't forget that Raikage is coathed in lightning, every strike has high piercing abilities

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He had Bee and Tsunade, his own brother and the one that would know Naruto best since they are both Jinchuuriki and a Hokage tell him that they have faith in him, Raikage needed only a solid proof, and that proof was a speed contest.
    One isn't a saviour if he hasn't the skills, and Naruto had to prove that he was at least his father's level.
    I acknowledge his change began with those two showing their faith in Naruto. And if the proof that Ee needed was speed, after he made mention and had a flashback dealing with just that thing, then wouldn't the conclusion be that the whole thing had been about speed?

Considering he killed a Path without even touching it and showed such strenght that he can throw Rhinos and Bijuus around, I wouldn't sell him short.
    A cracked only the riblet version, and Naruto never ever punched Susano'o in SM, so we can't really compare.
    Don't forget that Raikage is coathed in lightning, every strike has high piercing abilities
    Naruto killed Hungry Path due to hitting him in a specific way, breaking his neck. We saw Naruto hit the others Paths, and do no damage. Cracking Susanoo is still a feat, greater then their regular feats of cracking walls and floors. And Ee wasn't piercing through stuff, he was tearing through it.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

No, A doesn't have piercing abilities as far as we know. THat's all power. Unless his fingers are extended and the cloak near his hands look sharp like chidori or Third Raikage's chidori, it doesn't pierce. Third Raikage made a fist, to which Dodai commented that he wanted to knock Naruto and/or Dodai out instead of killing them or taking them down.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    No, A doesn't have piercing abilities as far as we know. THat's all power. Unless his fingers are extended and the cloak near his hands look sharp like chidori or Third Raikage's chidori, it doesn't pierce. Third Raikage made a fist, to which Dodai commented that he wanted to knock Naruto and/or Dodai out instead of killing them or taking them down.
    Notice how Juugo's hole is smooth, if it was only strenght, like when Tsunade punched Madara, it would probably end with Juugo exploding parts flying around

Also see here how Raikage hands ( noticiably the left one ) is enclosed in lightning, similary to Sasuke's own hand.
    Raiton's property is penetration, Bee showed as much when he used a pencil against Kisame. Considering A's Raiton armour is used for his Nintaijutsu, its pretty safe to assume that his blows too have piercing powers.
    Chidori is different because you focus all the chakra in the hand ( which transforms into a sword ), while Raikage coathes his whole body with Raiton chakra

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

I acknowledge his change began with those two showing their faith in Naruto. And if the proof that Ee needed was speed, after he made mention and had a flashback dealing with just that thing, then wouldn't the conclusion be that the whole thing had been about speed?
    It was about speed because, again, the best trait Raikage had was speed.
    Just like Yondaime was the fastest one alive. One can argue on his smarts or whatever, one still can't argue that, with Hiraishin, Yondaime is faster than anyone bar Naruto

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Raikage doesn't make his raiton penetrate though, he uses it as a shield and to speed up his synapses. It's only penetrative if the user makes it penetrative, like what Bee did to the pencil or what Sasuke does to the sword.

I don't think blunt force would end in parts flying around. Juugo is not ET or Susano'o. If it was penetrative, Juugo would have a hole, not a crater.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It was about speed because, again, the best trait Raikage had was speed.
    Just like Yondaime was the fastest one alive. One can argue on his smarts or whatever, one still can't argue that, with Hiraishin, Yondaime is faster than anyone bar Naruto
    Why do you think it was only because Ee was good at it? Against Kirabi, he depended on strength instead of sped to settle their dispute, so it's hardly as if all Ee knows is speed.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

"Minato was faster then me" and " no one ever had greater speed then him", are two different points. One's personally references his own relationship with Minato, the other is a reference to the overall world.

I get that, that it wasn't until Ee saw the faith both Kirabi and Tsunade had in Naruto that he began to change. Outside ninjutsu, I see no reason to doubt what they had over each other.
    It is if spoken by two different people. But the Raikage said first that no one is faster than him, which means he is the fastest and goes on to add that thats because Minato is dead, which then also says that Minato was the fastest. For him to go onto saying that Minato was faster than him, He is the fastest now, then go back to saying that Minato is faster than him and no one was faster than Minato would point to him being a complete retard. He got his point across the first time i dont think he needed to reinforce the idea of Minato being superior to him in speed.

On what they have over each other should not even be brought up. We know close to nothing of what Minato can actually do with the seals or his chakra capacity or his durability etc to even come to a conclusion that there is no doubt that so and so had this over who.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahahaha can't believe 30 pages of reposting the same thing all over the place, you better stop guys, some people believe Minato can beat Raikage, other don't, their opinion, just stop this, it's becoming painful to read the same thing

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast