Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Pets/partners sizes of Toriko (the manga).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pets/partners sizes of Toriko (the manga).

According to the title, this thread was made in order for us to discuss the difference in size and limit of growth. It is quiet fascinating at how Rikky (Chief) got ridiculously huge.
    This is the image of the first time showing Rikky
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/toriko/v02/c019/16.html
    This is from chapter 173
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/toriko/c173/6.html
    The difference is just ridiculous. Rikky's growth rate is crazy. because Rikky was just about 15 times bigger than Terry at that time. But now...more like 300 times.

Also another weird thing is Terry is now way bigger than her mom! How?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pets/partners sizes of Toriko (the manga).

I think the thing why they grow that big is that they also have Gourmet Cells and thus by eating tons of delicious ingridients they grow.
    Remember the Tiger from Gourmet World http://www.mangareader.net/349-57546...apter-111.html
    That Tiger that Jirou fought was really enormous in Size. Maybe all the beasts from Gourmet World depending on what they eat can grow practically as big as posible?

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we have seen huge beasts in Toriko already. Eg. Salamander Sphinx... Imo, I think their fast growth is quite normal given the circumstances, certain elements created by the Toriko setting.

Well, I mean: a great comparison would be when we saw Terry and its mother together. The difference was huge but it was also a hint towards the fans that we can expect some animals to become bigger. I also believe it will be necessary when they'll enter gourmet world. A grown up Terry can help Toriko if necessary or Terry can protect Komatsu.

The growth happens faster too because their metabolism will be different too
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

That's actually a good reason for Terry to finally get more screen time, because I totally can't see how Komatsu can survive Gourmet World without a help. Even with this I can't understand how he can survive it, cause even Toriko after Sky Garden couldn't survive it (physically) and he is one of the strongest Bishokuya of his age.

I can actually see Terry getting as big as Rikky now, when they enter Gourmet World (if it will be in several Arcs) and by the end of the story Terry can grow immensily. Especially if they'll feed him with delicious food of Gourmet World.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So the theory is that 2 of the same kind. One eat delicious food and can grow way bigger than the one that dont. Interesting. Also in the latest chapter 173, the Chief said that Terry will grow due to his DNA from the ruler of the Gourmet world. What i find troubling is that we dont know what he means by "growth". Could it means strength or size, most likely is both. However it is only theory at this point.

New Reply