Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mihawk's Power Level

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mihawk's Power Level

Okay I'm just curious as to how powerful you would consider Mihawk. The man obviously has the title "World's Greatest Swordsman" but how does he compare to all of the other characters? Is he at the level of an admiral, an emperor, or something else? Was he stronger than Shanks back in the day when they used to fight? Since Shanks still uses a sword does that make Mihawk stronger than Shanks even though Shanks is an emperor? We know for a fact already that combat prowess varies quite a bit amongst the Shichibukai so is he the strongest warlord?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mihawk's Power Level

I believe that mihawk is actually above the admirals and on or at the most extremely relatively equal to shanks. Mihawk is the ultimate target of zoro's. In this regard, it is not likely zoro will defeat him halfway through the new world, as he is an ultimate target it is likely mihawk will finally be defeated close to the end of the manga. However, if they fight close to the very end of the manga it would seem rather likely that by this point the strawhats have already faced a couple of admirals or admiral level people and bested them. In this particular regard plotwise it makes sense for mihawk to be stronger than those guys simply because it is extremely likely he will be zoro's final enemy given the current context of the story. At the very least I doubt mihawk will be defeated halfway through the new world, how would it make sense for zoro to accomplish his dream so much before luffy?

3. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Putting Mihawk above an admiral is to much, those 3 dudes fought evenly with WB,Akainu actually having had the upper hand in most of the fight, while Mihawk stated during the war that he wanted to see the difference in strenght between him and WB, meaning he believed not to be on his level..

And I dont think Mihawk is stronger than Shanks, it was said they used to duel before shanks got injured,so we dont know if the title of the strongest was only claimed by Mihawk after Shanks lost his arm, or even if Shanks had any intention on being granted such a title while he still had both his arms.
    He is,no doubt,incredibly strong, and will probably be one of the last, if not the last, big opponent of Zoro,but I dont even think Zoro will end the manga being capable of defeating an admiral 1 vs 1, they are just that powerful,I even doubt Luffy himself will beat any admiral 1vs1 except,perhaps, Akainu, because of revenge,and that will be pretty close to the end of the manga,considering how difficult it is to reach Akainy nowadays.

So, Mihawk is probably the strongest of the shichibukai,depending on Flamingo (from whom we've had so little information) and belongs on the tier of strongest characters in the manga, aside from the final antagonist/Admirals.

I do not doubt he could evenly fight with any Yonkou ( captain ), but I personaly dont believe the captains of the yonkou crews are the strongest characters in the manga, they are very strong,but are only the top 4 because of the crews they've gathered,well, aside from Blackbeard who is being hyped to be the strongest character Luffy will have to defeat..

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regino's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is hard to measure real strength in OP...

Mihawk had difficulties to fight vs jozu because of his diamond ability, but Jozu did not stand a chance against an admiral. Of course Jozus abillity was a big advantage, but to consider Mihawk as strong as an admiral is really too much.

Among the swordsman in Op he is certainly one of the strongest and maybe the strongest... I cant measure Shanks (as a fighter, not as an Yonkou) and Shiryuu.

Within the world of Op as a whole I would say he is one fo the 20 strongest characters (considering fighting skills only)
    "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Henry Ford

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm i think Mihawk is Yankou's lvl for sure. I personally find him an interesting character and i always had the feeling from the battles we saw that he hasn't fought to his fullest not even once. Maybe with Shanks he fought seriously since i doubt he would spar so many times with him just to kill some time but of the fights we saw till now i can say i haven't felt him being serious. He's the type of guy who likes to calculate his moves so he doesn't give too much when he's fighting ,that's the impression he gives me
    And i think he is able to stand up to an admiral. I guess it all depends of the situation. Remember he wasn't afraid to attack WB head on. I don't think he would have done that if he wasn't confident in his skills and power.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bisha16's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I believe that mihawk is actually above the admirals and on or at the most extremely relatively equal to shanks. Mihawk is the ultimate target of zoro's. In this regard, it is not likely zoro will defeat him halfway through the new world, as he is an ultimate target it is likely mihawk will finally be defeated close to the end of the manga. However, if they fight close to the very end of the manga it would seem rather likely that by this point the strawhats have already faced a couple of admirals or admiral level people and bested them. In this particular regard plotwise it makes sense for mihawk to be stronger than those guys simply because it is extremely likely he will be zoro's final enemy given the current context of the story. At the very least I doubt mihawk will be defeated halfway through the new world, how would it make sense for zoro to accomplish his dream so much before luffy?
    I like your idea it would be cool if they will fight at the end and to see a fight in a higher level than the admirals because zoros dream is as important as luffy's one so it would make sense if oda-sensei would let us mouth-open when he shows us the real power of the greatest swordman in one piece which surpased even admirals that would make the fight between zoro and mihawk epic maybe the best fight in one piece and zoro deserves that

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Expecting a couple more swordsman being introduced with the Yonkou and NW marine crews, I would put him into the Top 5 of swordsman, Top 10 to 20 of fighters.

Why? While he is a Shichibukai, he doesn't give a shit about their[WG/Marines] opinion and follows his own agenda. Dracule[besides the Yonkou] is one of the most free characters presented, which shows off his own power already. Factor in being Zoros supposedly final rival, he should be capable of fighting some of the top dogs equaly.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Mwk is definitely last tier. Capable of fighting equally with any introduced high tier. Out of the Yonkou and Admirals, I personally believe he is stronger than Shanks and Kizaru. I beleive each high tier is extremely close in power lvl. Means even if I said he would be able to defeat Kiz and Shanks, those fights will be much like Lucci vs Luffy. Luffy won, but just barely, he couldn't even move. I expect a similar scenario.

Anyway strongest Shichubukai followed by DoFlamingo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Mihawk said to Luffy that if he want to be King of Pirates he will have to become stronger than him. So I think that Zoros final enemy is equal to emperors and admirals.. I wonder why he doesnt have even single scar on his body while being swordsman his entire life(Oda drawn him as a kid and even back then he had sword with him).
    BTW I cant wait for Bleckbeard killing of Jozu and giving diamond DF power to Shiliew- I predicted something like this when it was said that BB is in hunt for DF powers.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Mihawk said to Luffy that if he want to be King of Pirates he will have to become stronger than him.
    No, Mwk said that becoming Pk is harder than defeating him. It has a different meaning than ur interpretation.

Now since we know how the world works, we perfectly understand Mwks words from back then. After all becoming the strongest swordsman means only to defeat the title holder (Mihawk), while becoming PK means conquering the Grand Line and beating every contestant on the way to finally reach Raftel. The island which was said to be only reached by Roger. Leaving anything in the blank century and prior aside.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Over 9000.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Regino View Post
    I think it is hard to measure real strength in OP...

Mihawk had difficulties to fight vs jozu because of his diamond ability, but Jozu did not stand a chance against an admiral. Of course Jozus abillity was a big advantage, but to consider Mihawk as strong as an admiral is really too much.

Among the swordsman in Op he is certainly one of the strongest and maybe the strongest... I cant measure Shanks (as a fighter, not as an Yonkou) and Shiryuu.

Within the world of Op as a whole I would say he is one fo the 20 strongest characters (considering fighting skills only)
    Well, all jozu did was block a slash from mihawk. I would not quite call that a fight just yet lol. Among people who have reached that level I really doubt we can say much from blocking a lone attack. And from what I recall jozu did give aokiji a fight, that he lost in the end is another matter.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zmsp View Post
    Putting Mihawk above an admiral is to much, those 3 dudes fought evenly with WB,Akainu actually having had the upper hand in most of the fight, while Mihawk stated during the war that he wanted to see the difference in strenght between him and WB, meaning he believed not to be on his level..

And I dont think Mihawk is stronger than Shanks, it was said they used to duel before shanks got injured,so we dont know if the title of the strongest was only claimed by Mihawk after Shanks lost his arm, or even if Shanks had any intention on being granted such a title while he still had both his arms.
    He is,no doubt,incredibly strong, and will probably be one of the last, if not the last, big opponent of Zoro,but I dont even think Zoro will end the manga being capable of defeating an admiral 1 vs 1, they are just that powerful,I even doubt Luffy himself will beat any admiral 1vs1 except,perhaps, Akainu, because of revenge,and that will be pretty close to the end of the manga,considering how difficult it is to reach Akainy nowadays.

So, Mihawk is probably the strongest of the shichibukai,depending on Flamingo (from whom we've had so little information) and belongs on the tier of strongest characters in the manga, aside from the final antagonist/Admirals.

I do not doubt he could evenly fight with any Yonkou ( captain ), but I personaly dont believe the captains of the yonkou crews are the strongest characters in the manga, they are very strong,but are only the top 4 because of the crews they've gathered,well, aside from Blackbeard who is being hyped to be the strongest character Luffy will have to defeat..
    I don't think we ever saw the admirals fighting evenly with WB. If I recall aokiji was unable to freeze WB and while akainu did land a few hits he also definitely took a pounding from WB. In the end I don't see where exactly the admirals seemed equal to even wounded WB (he was stabbed before he started fighting).

Well, shanks actually caring for the title of the strongest is kinda out there however given what we have seen of shanks and his crew at the start of the manga I doubt there would have been many duels if they hadn't actually tied. Mihawk is not the sort to run away from a fight (no scars of retreat) and shanks is not quite the type to spare an enemy (he and his crew killed the mountain bandits). at least given the context of the story it would make sense they were equal.

I do think the monster trio will eventually be able to take out the admirals though. Wouldn't they need to be able to do at least that much? The 4 yonkou are insanely strong and to boot they should at least a couple people in their crews capable of fighting with admirals. heck, if luffy's crew is meant to have any parallels with the roger pirates it would even make sense for the monster trio to eventually best them. Even Rayleigh at his advanced age and after years of not fighting was able to fight evenly with kizaru.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Jozu blocking Mihawk's slash doesn't mean he will be able to do so in close quarters. Remember how Zoro and Mihawk cut through steel? By making contact with said steel. It shouldn't work differently with Jozu. Of course, it won't be so easy because it IS Jozu, as he has a high defence and a strong body as it is.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bisha16's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Jozu was being manipulated by doflamengo just like a puppet but he is a diamond and thats why mihawk's attack didn't had any effect just like with bugy whom not even the strongest sword could do a thing to him because of hes devil fruit but this doesn't mean that mihawk is weaker than bugy or jozu

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he is the only one who could defeat kuma out of the 7warlords,if we consider BB,as he was before volume 59. although i don't know how he could defeat kuma,who can teleport and can shoot beams and "air" . anyway I think he is weaker than jows,admirals and emperors. hw should have haki but it doesn't mean much,he is the strongest swordsman because he is the best one in using swords,but he would be stomped by a lot of other warriors.

New Reply
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast