Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 283

Thread: Mihawk's Power Level

  1. #16
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member frontaLobotomy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Power levels are such a tough one to call in One Piece, as fights are often dictated by the situation. Mihawk may be the strongest swordsman in the world, but if he fought Magellan in Impel Down, for instance, he'd be dead the same as pretty much everyone else. Compared to his fellow Shichibukai (those that we know anyway) I'd put him as one of the top 3 fighters alongside Doflamnigo and Boa Hancock. Whoever replaces Jinbei, Teach and Moria would still be below their level as well imho.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #17
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Quote Originally Posted by frontaLobotomy View Post
    Power levels are such a tough one to call in One Piece, as fights are often dictated by the situation. Mihawk may be the strongest swordsman in the world, but if he fought Magellan in Impel Down, for instance, he'd be dead the same as pretty much everyone else. Compared to his fellow Shichibukai (those that we know anyway) I'd put him as one of the top 3 fighters alongside Doflamnigo and Boa Hancock. Whoever replaces Jinbei, Teach and Moria would still be below their level as well imho.
    Why would he be dead ? It's not like he makes direct contact with Magellan, it's only the sword...

  4. #18
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    19,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Why would he be dead ? It's not like he makes direct contact with Magellan, it's only the sword...
    I guess it depends, if we think about it the whole magellan situation had a few points which made no sense. Say crocodile... He has range and there is no reason for his attacks to not his magellan and get him dehydrated. Still we saw the guy running from him... heck, if crocodile could make a path to scape level 6 there is no reason for him to not be able to turn the entire prison into sand or simply climb out of the prison by the same means.

    Shiliu seems like a reasonably powerful swordsman, strong enough to impress BB (who was unimpressed by luffy and bonnie). If he is as strong a swordsman as he is implied to be then things like ranged slashes should pretty much be a given and even then he did not seem to be a match to magellan even though realistically speaking magellan did not seem fast or strong enough to keep up with luffy during his bout with him. it wouldn't make sense if shiliu was not THAT strong either as he is likely to fight zoro in the future....

  5. #19
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Thing is, dehydrating him would mean " touching " him. If you just touch him, you're dead.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but say that he stretched his hand by turning it to sand, if you threw a liquid at that hand, would it turn normal ?
    Or let's say for example Crocodile turns into sand or partially, someone throw a liquid at him, he will turn to his normal self right ?

    In the case of Mihawk, he has long range attacks, and also, even in close range, it's his sword that will make direct contact, not Mihawk himself.

    About Shiliu, well we don't know if they fought to begin with (unless I forgot), but it has probably happened, and taking into consideration that Magellan is in a closed place, which grants him quite the advantage, it is normal for him to win if there was ever a fight I guess.

  6. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Im putting Shiryu and Magellan below Mwk. Not together, individually. I don't see how Magellan can beat him. He can fight in long range and his cuts should have no problem passing through his liquid poison. Hence I don't see how Magellan can stop his immense brutal cuts. And since Luffy was able to "scratch" him, it rules him as a high tier out imo.

    About Crocodile vs Magellan, this is a though one. Its true that he was running away, but that was for plot reasons imho. I mean Magellan was supposed to be beaten down by BB pirates. And Croco was needed to seize the marine ship. I would still put Magellan above Crocodile, but should be tough one for him. Except the poison fog, everything can be dehydrated by his sand.

    Don't get me wrong, Im not downplaying Magellan. I think he is a worthy Admiral candidate, if he got a bit stronger. Im also putting him above Shiryu Crocodile but below Mwk.

  7. #21
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    19,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Thing is, dehydrating him would mean " touching " him. If you just touch him, you're dead.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but say that he stretched his hand by turning it to sand, if you threw a liquid at that hand, would it turn normal ?
    Or let's say for example Crocodile turns into sand or partially, someone throw a liquid at him, he will turn to his normal self right ?

    In the case of Mihawk, he has long range attacks, and also, even in close range, it's his sword that will make direct contact, not Mihawk himself.

    About Shiliu, well we don't know if they fought to begin with (unless I forgot), but it has probably happened, and taking into consideration that Magellan is in a closed place, which grants him quite the advantage, it is normal for him to win if there was ever a fight I guess.
    Crocodile does not need to actually touch magellan to do that. His spada attacks have range and dehydrate the targets. Remember when he attacked the marines that were going to execute ace?

  8. #22
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Crocodile does not need to actually touch magellan to do that. His spada attacks have range and dehydrate the targets. Remember when he attacked the marines that were going to execute ace?
    Yes that's what I'm talking about, even if he turns into sand, it is still his body right ?

  9. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lemonadez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    790
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Who knows about his strength, maybe mihawk capable of using haki too? I mean u cant defeat a logia with out using a haki, considering mihawk been in New World already, we know New World have logia user.

    Beside even white beard commander able to use haki. I say Mihawk would probably be in admiral level too, Haki can harm admiral :-). If mihawk really that weak then diamon jozu wont even block his attack.

  10. #24
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,042
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Yes that's what I'm talking about, even if he turns into sand, it is still his body right ?
    Don't think so, or else Ace attacks at BB or Kizarus laser spikes would have been their own body too. I believe they have control over the element once it's just a moving mass. Of course there's a difference to the extension of their bodies they have shown us at times, like Smoker catching people with his smoke hands. The water Aokiji turns into ice, isn't his body too obviously.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  11. #25
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bisha16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tirana
    Country
    Albania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Don't think so, or else Ace attacks at BB or Kizarus laser spikes would have been their own body too. I believe they have control over the element once it's just a moving mass. Of course there's a difference to the extension of their bodies they have shown us at times, like Smoker catching people with his smoke hands. The water Aokiji turns into ice, isn't his body too obviously.
    If u remember the fight between crocodile and doflamingo crocodile got a injury from doflamingo and he got that while he was in his sand form so this means that the sand is part of his body and if u hit the its the same as hitting a part of his body

  12. #26
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Don't think so, or else Ace attacks at BB or Kizarus laser spikes would have been their own body too. I believe they have control over the element once it's just a moving mass. Of course there's a difference to the extension of their bodies they have shown us at times, like Smoker catching people with his smoke hands. The water Aokiji turns into ice, isn't his body too obviously.
    Well, aren't Crocodile long range attacks an extension of his body ?

  13. #27
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,042
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    What I'm talking about is that if the logia user is 100% in human form and sends his element towards the enemy. The destruction of that object doesn't/shouldn't hurt the user, as seen with ... all characters? Could you pm me the scene of the CvsD fight? Only if the user uses the element as an extension of his body/extremities, it would of course hurt the user when the oponent has enough/more control over CoA.
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 24, 2012 at 06:38 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  14. #28
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    In the SBS it was said that any elemental attacks of a logia are part of their body. I remember it clearly since it was one of my first discussions on this forum, I believe it was with Imitorar. But I couldn't find it in the SBS nor the discussion from back then.

    Anyway jsut wanted to say this, hopefully someone else remembers it. Since tbh I lost interest in searching after 2 minutes, maybe tomorrow xD

    Quote Originally Posted by bisha16 View Post
    If u remember the fight between crocodile and doflamingo crocodile got a injury from doflamingo and he got that while he was in his sand form so this means that the sand is part of his body and if u hit the its the same as hitting a part of his body
    Don't remember Crocodile getting hurt by any other than Jozu.

  15. #29
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jet Piston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    I think Mihawk is one of the strongest characters but to say he is stronger than Kizaru is ridiculous. Kizaru is by far one of the most powerful characters in OP with a really hax logia.

  16. #30
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lemonadez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    790
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Remember smoker, he's also a logia type.

    Boa manage to kick smoker when he's not even solid himself. Haki can harm logia user wether their in solid form or not. we dont know if Don Flamingo can also use haki, we dont even know what his abilities exactly do.

    And kizaru isn't the one with hax abilities. Heck u let him fight between Jimbei and kizaru in ocean. Jimbie wins -.- as devil fruit weakness would be sea it self.

    If i were to choose between hax abilties, it would be Enel, his abilities can read mind and further more he can tap into unlimited lightning and his lightning alone can wipe out entire island into dust. 200,000,000 volts will hurt other logia user. only rubber was his weakness -.-, imagine if enel took part in whitebeard war, he can wipe out the entire sland where navy standing. His lightning alone is enough to melt a metal. He will just melt aokiji ice and they all sink into sea -.-
    Last edited by Lemonadez; January 24, 2012 at 09:49 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts