Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Mihawk's Power Level

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mihawk's Power Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Yes that's what I'm talking about, even if he turns into sand, it is still his body right ?
    Not necessarily. A bit part of being a logia is the innate ability to generate significant amounts of one element. The sand crocodile creates is not necessarily a part of his body in this particular regard.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ocajavati's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Um.

If no one noticed, WB was beating back Akainu with relative ease up until he got a stroke or something.

Not to mention WB was nowhere near his prime; Mihawk's gauge of WB's strength could easily be from past memories. Both Marco and Jozu were fighting on par with Admirals until they were caught unaware.

I find it hard to believe Mihawk would be considered weaker than Marco and Jozu. At least on par.

Maybe Mihawk will pick up a few tricks before the end of the manga? Who says the Strawhats are the only one getting stronger as the story progress?

Remember how Roger's first mate was able to beat back Kizaru, despite his lack of practice and advance age? If Luffy does indeed become the Pirate King, I would hope Zoro, being the first mate, could at least match Rayleigh in power.

Otherwise... it would just be a very depressing generation.
    Last edited by ocajavati; January 24, 2012 at 10:32 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't put Mihawk on par with the Yonkou or Admirals. He wasn't capable of defeating Vista and didn't show any extreme strength against an injured and tired Luffy. We also have no idea what new swordsmen might rise. Mihawk probably hasn't fought every swordsman in the world.

I think Mihawk can fight an Admiral or Yonkou to some extent but would lose. If Mihawk were that strong then Zoro would be strong enough to defeat Blackbeard, Kaidou, Sengoku or Akainu in the end. That would put Luffy on too high of a level for any villain to stand a chance against him.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member xeteboi's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I would put Mihawk equal to the Admirals,saying Mihawk losing to the Admirals is just like saying that Shanks will lose too. It is the dream of Zoro, next to Pirate Kings dream of Luffy, it is no joke.
    prediction:
    Bigmom has a Queen Sugar Ant Zoan

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Balearic Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing with the plot twist that Mihawk trained Zoro, someone like Shiryu will eventually defeat or kill Mihawk (no one wants to see this) and Zoro in turn would have to defeat Shiryu to claim the throne of the strongest swordman. At least that is how a traditional manga would develop.

But then One Piece is always unpredictable, and that is why it is One Piece.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GomuGomu_Getsuga View Post
    He wasn't capable of defeating Vista and didn't show any extreme strength against an injured and tired Luffy. We also have no idea what new swordsmen might rise. Mihawk probably hasn't fought every swordsman in the world.

I think Mihawk can fight an Admiral or Yonkou to some extent but would lose. If Mihawk were that strong then Zoro would be strong enough to defeat Blackbeard, Kaidou, Sengoku or Akainu in the end. That would put Luffy on too high of a level for any villain to stand a chance against him.
    I strongly disagree with ur Bleach or Dragonball concept. Honestly I can't stand it. It doesn't work in OP. Luffy is always portrayed close to Zoro's lvl -> red datebook. One Piece isn't like: A beat B, so naturally A has to be stronger than C, who was beaten by B. Such theory simply doesn't work. There will be certainly opponents who Luffy jsut can't handle.

Just cause Mwk has the title of the strongest, doesn't make any other swordsman a fodder for his swords. Take AoKiji vs Akainu for example. They needed to fight 10 days to determine the stronger one. So now considering that how long did Mwk fight with Vista? couple of seconds maybe?! What makes u think Vista can be beaten in mere seconds, in minutes max? Why do u portray Vista as a fodder?

Anyway, Mwk played with Luffy and Vista is no fodder. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Piston View Post
    I think Mihawk is one of the strongest characters but to say he is stronger than Kizaru is ridiculous. Kizaru is by far one of the most powerful characters in OP with a really hax logia.
    Kiz hax? hm.. true some ability's of Kiz may hax, but that goes also for some of Croco's or any other df abilities. Guys with hax abilities are Kuma and Enel imo. Maybe Im forgetting someone xD

Oda is saving Mwk for future plot. Means he couldn't let him go wild in the war arc. Mwk along with just a few guys (Kizaru, Hancock..) left the marineford war with absolute zero damage line. No panting, no dirt, no wounds, no signs of battle altogether. Think about it for a second.

Mwk is Zoros goal, a endgame character. Saying that he will definitely lost to Admirals or Yonko is just a false statement imho.
    Last edited by BlackHair; January 26, 2012 at 05:03 AM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

So... isn't luffy's crew meant to mimic in some form roger's own to some degree? In this particular regard, we did see Rayleigh being a match for an admiral even though he was an old fart who had spent the last 20 something years boosing. It wouldn't be strange at all that zoro to end up being actually stronger than an admiral nearing the end of the manga which incidentally is, as I said before, the most likely time he will finally defeat the strongest swordsman in the world. Mihawk is a monster among monsters, heck, casually swinging his sword resulted in a several mile long cut of a huge iceberg (admittedly the iceberg was indeed created by an admiral but still).... Heck, mihawk is one of the few people who walked out of the war without so much as a scratch on him....

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonadez View Post
    Remember smoker, he's also a logia type.

Boa manage to kick smoker when he's not even solid himself. Haki can harm logia user wether their in solid form or not. we dont know if Don Flamingo can also use haki, we dont even know what his abilities exactly do.

And kizaru isn't the one with hax abilities. Heck u let him fight between Jimbei and kizaru in ocean. Jimbie wins -.- as devil fruit weakness would be sea it self.

If i were to choose between hax abilties, it would be Enel, his abilities can read mind and further more he can tap into unlimited lightning and his lightning alone can wipe out entire island into dust. 200,000,000 volts will hurt other logia user. only rubber was his weakness -.-, imagine if enel took part in whitebeard war, he can wipe out the entire sland where navy standing. His lightning alone is enough to melt a metal. He will just melt aokiji ice and they all sink into sea -.-
    Well ground is infinite conductor of electrical energy so he cannot really destroy an island, that is why he like the floating piece of ground but all that is above land is going to be destroyed nevertheless... Enel's teleportation > Kisaru, that I think is his advantage but kisaru have haki so kisaru is going to kick his ass big time
    CLEANED

Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe at the very end of the story the monster trio will be capable of fighting the Admirals/Yonko on par. They will be definitely high tier. Luffy will be without doubt the strongest man at the very end. Since Zoro has been imo always portrayed close to Luffy's lvl, I have every reason to believe that Mwk as his last game foe will be extremely strong. Oda is saving him for plot after all.

I think Mwk can definitely win against Shanks and Kizaru, individually. Not by a big margin, much like Luffy vs Lucci.
    Last edited by BlackHair; January 27, 2012 at 05:09 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be completely honest I don't think that even now the monster trio are that far off from the admirals... I mean, not one of them would actually win in a fight just yet against them however with the strength they have shown I do think they would indeed be able to put up a fight. The monster trio at least are by no means people who could be easily dealt with by admirals nowadays, without at the very least that much now there is no way they would be able to survive their impending fight against the full might of one of the yonko...

Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Actualy Im not sure about that. Though a lot of ppl seem to share ur opinion. True the monster trio are much stronger. But putting them on high tier lvl, I don't know. I mean we are despite everything just barely past the middle of the grandline. There has to be at east 3 arcs before Raftel. I don't think the crew has already high tier fighters in their midst. Otherwise there wouldn't be much space for improvement.

The monster trio were taken by AoKiji's single attack. Now I might see them fighting back together, maybe even win by hairbreadth. But each monster on his own? I don't think they can hold their own yet.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the whole point of the timeskip was that they would be able to defend themselves from strong people. more so, if they are not capable of at least holding their ground against an admiral there is no way they can in any imaginable way get the best of the guys that make up big mom's crew (at least I can't imagine a yonko without people capable of going 1 on 1 against an admiral).

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GomuGomu_Getsuga View Post
    I wouldn't put Mihawk on par with the Yonkou or Admirals. He wasn't capable of defeating Vista and didn't show any extreme strength against an injured and tired Luffy. We also have no idea what new swordsmen might rise. Mihawk probably hasn't fought every swordsman in the world.

when luffy find one piece and will have final war i think it he will have war against world government that means admiral will not be strongest fighter from their side they will be these 5 old man . i m 100% sure they r more powerful then admiral

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I completely missed this topic somehow. Mihawk is strong, there is no doubt about that, but I highly doubt that he is stronger than an admiral or Shanks. I'm am certain that he is on the same level as them, however. I personally would be rather vexed if he were stronger than all three of the marine's greatest fighting force. We've seen what the admirals can do when they go all out (Punk Hazard).

I'm pretty sure he and Shanks were equal in strength before Shanks lost his arm. Remember, it was said that Mihawk had stopped pursuing Shanks. Meaning Shanks was someone Mihawk felt he had to either prove his superiority to or he was the only one who he could take on while not holding back. Either way he apparently went out of his way to find Shanks whenever he wanted to fight. As for now, I'm certain they are still on the same level, as a databook stated Shanks was not weakened in anyway and when Mihawk found Shanks to tell him about Luffy, Shanks seemed pretty comfortable with the idea of fighting him, although Mihawk lost interest.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Mihawk is obviously damn strong. As for how strong he is. I would put him around an Admiral level. The difference is that if he can defeat an Admiral or just manage to tie with them? I believe he won't actually win against any of the Admirals. These guys are just beasts in any term and with their DFs they are just beyond a reason. Also they seem to be quite proficient in terms of Haki. If we remember the fight between Akainu and those who tried to prevent him chaising Luffy and Jimbei barely managed to hurt him and they were Marco, Vista dn some other strong guys and Marco and Vista do know Haki, so it's not only about Haki and being strong to take down a Logia Admiral.

And about Shanks and Mihawk... Well, there is a difference between being still that strong and being as strong as before as a swordsman. Mihawk was interested in a sword fight, not a fight of Haki or something else and obviously that Shanks got worse with sword as he lost his main hand. And nothing implies that he is as good as he was with his sword than before as the only thing he did was a block, but you can do it without being a swordsman. For now Shanks relies mostly on Haki and it's obviously great, but Mihawk clashed with him before as a swordsman, so he isn't interested in fighting him anymore.

New Reply
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast