Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: The Power of Monkey D. Dragon

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate The Power of Monkey D. Dragon

One Piece is famous for a lot of reasons like Fantasy, Tragedy, Battle and Mystery.
    From the section Mystery, the most mysterious discussion of One Piece is Monkey D. Dragon himself.
    And I realized myself that to foil the mystery itself, Oda has been hinting us a lot of things about Dragon. About his abilities.

On a flashback first told by Monkey D. Garp to Monkey D. Luffy about Dragon, the flashback had shown us some black and white cinematography action about Monkey D. Dragon which explains his power can level with the Yonkos at MAX, probably Shanks.

And most fans think that Dragon only has physical abilities and Haki too. But as I said before, Oda has been also hinting us about a Devil Fruit of Dragon to us! But of course I don`t know if Dragon has a devil fruit or no but it is a theory of mine if he really has a Devil Fruit.

In Loguetown arc, Dragon had literally created a massive windstorm that blew literally half the residents of Loguetown which also created a storm. I think Luffy was saved by Dragon himself at that time. Wind Ability!!!

Now now now, in the Post War Arc, we see that the moment Dragon enters Grey Terminal the fire dims after the collision of the chill and the wind forms. Wind Ability!!!

If Dragon had a Devil Fruit, I think he`d have the Kaze Kaze No Mi (The Wind Wind Fruit!)
    Because two big arcs. Two big hints. And on the same thing!!!

But if Dragon has no Devil Fruit but has the Wind Ability, then he is definietly what Shirahoshi is like... One of the weapons of One Piece!!!
    His wind power hinted and his extreme physical ability hints that he is Uranus.

Because Uranus welds a massive army, the wind ability, superhuman strength. I think Dragon resembles and is the Uranus if he has no devil fruit.

See TVTalk101, a Youtuber`s theory for more basic information.
    Also go to One Piece Wiki on Dragon`s page in the Trivia Section for more exclusive details.

What`s your opinion?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Power of Monkey D. Dragon

Well Pluton was a ship, and Poseidon was a person, can the third one also be a person? I think that is what makes me wonder, the theory is good and makes sense and a nice twist to it as well, but I mean if we are not shown that Pluton was a person, or if we can hint form that that all weapons are persons, maybe we can deduct that the chances of the last weapon being a person is high.

However not that many knew that Shirahoshi was a weapon, maybe the highest rulers of the WG do? So if WG knows that these are people perhaps they can harvest them easily? Depends on who can read the Ponygliphs tho, so if Dragon is the weapon there is some history that links him to it, and Robin also probably knows since she spend time with him.

These next chapters Robin reunites with Sabo and Koala so maybe we get some history there?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Dragon is a mythical Zoan: Model Dragon. In japanese mythology dragons could control wind and weather.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Pluton -> ship, an object.

Poseidon -> living thing, mermaid

Uranus -> killer DF, maybe Dragon found it in some small cave or something.

If some of you still remember about the timing and the accurate of the lightning which passed between Buggy's blade and the strawhat, that narrow space in between is only couple centimeters, only an extremely power man could do that. Eneru was far far away, so far that the level of CoO is beyond god's level.

Anyway, if Dragon were a df user then his df is either a legendary dragon or a logica model: the 4th state of matter -> plasma.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

New Reply