Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 283

Thread: Mihawk's Power Level

  1. #76
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Satellite of Love
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Yeeaaah, I'm going to follow ish3's advice as well.

    He must have had a crew at some point. The Grand Line is harrowing enough for beginners, I can't imagine someone being able to take it on alone until they become strong enough. Hell, even Roger and Whitebeard needed a crew to get as far as they did. He might have a crew and just disbanded it after some point in time. If his dream was to become a great swordsman, then he accomplished it early and didn't need a crew any longer.

  2. #77
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    mihawk having a crew is just speculation, nothing more.
    Facts are hes shown to live alone, having a 1 man boat, and has a castle in a country withoud people and manga never mentioned or even hinted at him ever being in a crew. hes just that badass to go where he pleases, alone.

  3. #78
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the rabbit hole.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Dutch it's all speculation and theory as what these threads are for. As badass as that sounds no one not even former and current admirals move throughout the world without a crew. At least before they obtained their titles. Every strong man has a following even if he's a lone wolf the right people would follow regardless that's why it's odd especially in a story such as One Piece. That's why I feel at some point his origin and backstory will be necessary. He definitely wasn't the person he is today since birth. Something happen to make him believe in destiny and its turning gears. Whether it be gol d roger or another experience.

    Until he was the level he is now there's no way in hell he traveled the grandline let alone the new world on his own. I know it won't be until near the end of the series but I can't wait till we delve more into his character. I could care less about his feats or powers as he already has the strongest swordsman title. At least until Zoro fights him.
    Mr. Wonderland
    Psn: verbalinter39

    myanimelist.net/Ishmael

  4. #79
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    if u want 100% facts..

    1. Mihawk is the worlds most powerfull swordman
    2. shanks got his arm eaten by a fish
    3. shanks got 3 scars on his eye by blackbeard.
    4. shanks has a big crew/allies and controls many islands and is a younko
    5. mihawk is alone, and is warlord title given by government
    6. mihawk and shanks were rivals before who had legendary duells.
    7. mihawk doesnt consider shanks a rival anymore, now that he lost an arm.

  5. #80
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,042
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    a younko is pirate captain of one of the four most powerfull pirate crews in the new world, they govern lots of islands and have many allies.
    Mihawk doesnt have a crew, he doesnt govern islands.

    this discussion is about his powerlevel, not about how strong hes non-excisting crew is, or how many island he ''controls''
    Shanks IS a swordsman, and the fact oda didnt give him the title strongest swordsman should be enough to put a end to this discussion.
    Sure till now we've seen impressive things from shanks, and aswell from mihawk.

    However we havent seen their maximum fighting capability either.
    Comparing shanks and mihawk , like luffy and zoro isnt good either, Luffy is using fists, unlike zoro, shanks and mihawk.
    Is shanks damn powerfull? yes he is.
    Is shanks stronger then Mihawk in a 1 on 1 confrontation now? no he isnt, simply because if he was, he would have been the strongest swordman.
    Will mihawk have a easy win? nop, however we dont know how big that gap actually is yet.
    is shanks more populair then mihawk? 100%

    As for the future of one piece.
    Zoro will surpass both shanks and mihawk eventually, and luffy will be as strong as whitebeard in his prime.
    In terms of powerscale 1 too 100 , in the end luffy will be 100 and zoro 99

    Also, i cant wait for coby to surpass garp ^^
    What does governing islands have to do with this? Provide a connection between power levels and the reign of characters over territories please. For all we know Shanks just sails around every couple months and chills on an island, uninhabited or not.

    But it's not enough, this manga has gone fourteen times as long as it has been at that chapter, fifteen years have gone by since that moment, the manga has increased in volume, characters, had added a huge amount of plot and world building.

    Why should we not be capable of comparing characters if they aren't using the same weapons? What idiocy is this!?

    The long bolded sentence is a false equivalence. The popularity of a character doesn't say anything about strength, keep this bullshit out of the discussion.

    And considering that you just wrote that those two are not comparable like Shanks and Mihawk, Luffy or Zorro better stay out of this topic, unless you can provide a connection to it.

    Coby surpassing Garp until Luffy reaches his PK titles would be really weird and not make sense considering it took Garp decades to reach his prime, just like it took the fighters of Strawats years of their life to reach their current strength.

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    if u want 100% facts..

    1. Mihawk is the worlds most powerfull swordman
    2. shanks got his arm eaten by a fish
    3. shanks got 3 scars on his eye by blackbeard.
    4. shanks has a big crew/allies and controls many islands and is a younko
    5. mihawk is alone, and is warlord title given by government
    6. mihawk and shanks were rivals before who had legendary duells.
    7. mihawk doesnt consider shanks a rival anymore, now that he lost an arm.
    1. Yeah we all know that, every single reader of OP knows that. What's the point of repeatedly posting this information!?

    2.
    Did you just admit that you have a huge lack of understanding of this manga? Because posting this says nothing about Shanks capability to rip that Sea Monster apart in the first chapter. It rather ignores that physical sacrifice of Shanks for the one person he though could follow in his captain's footsteps.

    3. Shanks confirmed Blackbeard to be a tough fighter, even before he stole the DF. What's your point?

    4/5. What does that have to do with anything? Rayleigh swam through the calm belt before rowing there, Shanks would likely be capable of the same. What's your point?

    6. And?

    7. What does that say about Shanks being a capable combatant to Mihawk considering he's officially one of the top 4 pirates on the planet? Nothing.

    Fact #8: You do not understand how discussions/argumentations work.

    Please leave if you have no intention to actually talk, reply or rebut the argumentations provided.

    _________

    Quote Quote:
    "Greatest Swordsman in the World"
    Greatest as in most skilled on earth and likely the strongest as well, but that's not 100% sure. If Blackbeard used swords now and was capable of beating Dracule with help of his powers and sword, he would be the strongest on earth, but not the greatest/magnificent/briliiant/terrific/excellent/admirable one.

    And Since Shanks lost his sword hand, his skill in swordmanship will have decreased, yet he surely wouldn't be weak either, just weaker than with both hands or rather his sword hand. Therefore Mihawk doesn't accept him as a rival anymore, as he is not capable of fighting to 100% as he was before.
    Last edited by Schabrak; October 26, 2013 at 09:46 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  6. #81
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Eternal Winter Palace
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    if u want 100% facts..

    1. Mihawk is the worlds most powerfull swordman
    2. shanks got his arm eaten by a fish
    3. shanks got 3 scars on his eye by blackbeard.
    4. shanks has a big crew/allies and controls many islands and is a younko
    5. mihawk is alone, and is warlord title given by government
    6. mihawk and shanks were rivals before who had legendary duells.
    7. mihawk doesnt consider shanks a rival anymore, now that he lost an arm.

    ^ Not always true, I'm very certain that Mihawk wasn't the strongest swordsman of 25 years ago, that title belonged either to Rayleigh or someone else like the old monk who is among the top people controlling the WG. Hawkeye "never actually owns the title strongest swordsman, he merely looks after it for the next generation"!

    Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

  7. #82
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    ^ Not always true, I'm very certain that Mihawk wasn't the strongest swordsman of 25 years ago, that title belonged either to Rayleigh or someone else like the old monk who is among the top people controlling the WG.
    We dont know who was the previous worlds most powerfull swordsman, manga hasnt mentioned that yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    Hawkeye "never actually owns the title strongest swordsman, he merely looks after it for the next generation"!
    I dont really understand your logic, that mihawk doesnt own it.
    Mihawk really is the strongest swordman in One piece, thats why he currently has that title.
    We dont know for how long he has that title, or how long he will keep it, but right now, he does own the title.

    PS: i wouldnt be suprised if Rayleigh was the previous holder of that title

  8. #83
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Eternal Winter Palace
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    There must be some super strong swordsman who doesn't give a damn about the silly title. I hope Zoro will realize this truth, because I don't like Zoro wastes his remaining life defending this useless title.

    Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

  9. #84
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Uddevalla
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    731
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    There must be some super strong swordsman who doesn't give a damn about the silly title. I hope Zoro will realize this truth, because I don't like Zoro wastes his remaining life defending this useless title.
    The thing is, Zoro probably knows that. And you would think that if there's some "super strong swordsman" that isn't in the marines, nor a bounty hunter or pirate, I'd be really disappointed. There is no way that someone of Mihawk-lvl strength is just out there somewhere in a small village cutting onions. Zoeo is not doing this for anyone but himself. He wants an adventure, and to defeat the man regarded as the strongest, just to know his own strength. What his limit is as a man, how far he can go. It's not a useless title, that is just your subjective opinion.
    The three brothers

  10. #85
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    There must be some super strong swordsman who doesn't give a damn about the silly title. I hope Zoro will realize this truth, because I don't like Zoro wastes his remaining life defending this useless title.
    What makes you say this is the truth? an unknown superstrong swordman nobody knows about? xD

  11. #86
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ikuroi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    Antarctica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    464
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Just to add my two cents in this thread/debate;

    Being the strongest swordsman doesn't mean he is the strongest in general.

    I think what the databook said about Shanks not becoming weaker by loosing an arm (fact) is a hint, about a power we have yet seen (theory). We know he got amazing haki (fact).

    What I believe;



    Shanks vs. Mihawk,

    In a swordsfight between Shanks and Mihawk, Mihawk will win (not an easy fight though).

    In a all-out-fight between Shanks and Mihawk, Shanks will win (not an easy fight thouh).



    An Admiral vs. Mihawk,

    From what i've seen, admirals are monsters. But there are some people who can give them a fight and come up on top of it (Rayleigh, Marco, WB).
    Even amongst the admirals there seems to be a power diffrence (Akainu seems to be at the top). I can't see alot of people beating him tbh.

    So I say, Mihawk can fight them equally or beat or get beaten by them. But he is def up there power wise.


    An Yonkou vs. Mihawk,

    First off, I think the title goes to the most powerful pirate. So I think it's pretty similiar to the admiral case. But we have to little information on them, so I don't really know.. I can only go with my gut feeling on this one, to debate this also pretty useless as we haven't seen Shanks (since he became a yonkou), Kaidou or Big Mom fight.



    An Shichibukai vs. Mihawk,

    Can't really see any of them beating him. After what I've seen in the marineford arc and punk hazzard/dressrosa arc.


    Oh I forgot, power =/= strength.
    Last edited by ikuroi; October 30, 2013 at 07:45 AM.

  12. #87
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Quote Originally Posted by ikuroi View Post
    Just to add my two cents in this thread/debate;

    Being the strongest swordsman doesn't mean he is the strongest in general.

    I think what the databook said about Shanks not becoming weaker by loosing an arm (fact) is a hint, about a power we have yet seen (theory). We know he got amazing haki (fact).

    What I believe;



    Shanks vs. Mihawk,

    In a swordsfight between Shanks and Mihawk, Mihawk will win (not an easy fight though).

    In a all-out-fight between Shanks and Mihawk, Shanks will win (not an easy fight thouh).
    .
    Shanks is a swordsman , but he does have impressive Haki, did you know Haki can be used to imbue swords?
    In a all-out-fight between shanks and mihawk, shanks will still lose, even with his monster haki.
    Thats how strong mihawk is, and why he has the title of strongest swordsman, and also why hes the ultimate goal for zoro ever since the beginning.
    It aint shanks that zoro wants to beat, its mihawk.

    Sure Shanks hes very strong and is a younko and is very respected, however he still will lose from mihawk combat wise 1 on 1.

    Story wise Mihawk should be as strong or stronger then most of the younko, because hes zoro's final goal.
    Besides, being the strongest swordsman, means he is the strongest swordman, including shanks.
    It doesnt mean hes the strongest overall though, i agree on that.

    As for people who think shanks isnt a swordman, should explain their own theory why he isnt a swordman anymore?
    Its not like he ate a devilfruit, and haki can be imbued into swords.
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-56928...apter-597.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2623-...apter-516.html

    Reason why im sure why hes a swordman.
    1. Shanks flag contain sword
    2. Shanks in one piece games, is a swordman
    3. Shanks is Always seen with a sword
    4. shanks clashed with WB with a sword
    5. Shanks blocked magma fist, with a sword.
    6. Shanks was mihawks former rival.
    Last edited by DutchPhoenix; October 30, 2013 at 08:24 AM.

  13. #88
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    This debate is pointless. There are those that have decided that the title given to Mihawk is somehow the most meaningful thing to ever have been put forth, and apparently nothing is going t dissuade them from spurious conclusions. These claims obviously have to wilfully disregard his showings and how he has compared to others, WB captains in particular. This also requires some to ignore the greater context of the manga. Suffice it to say, Mihawk holds the title of the strongest swordsman, but from what we've seen, that title means very little when he hasn't put much behind it.

  14. #89
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ikuroi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    Antarctica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    464
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    Shanks is a swordsman , but he does have impressive Haki, did you know Haki can be used to imbue swords?
    So what is your point?

    Quote Quote:
    In a all-out-fight between shanks and mihawk, shanks will still lose, even with his monster haki.
    Thats how strong mihawk is, and why he has the title of strongest swordsman, and also why hes the ultimate goal for zoro ever since the beginning.
    It aint shanks that zoro wants to beat, its mihawk.
    So in an all-out-fight(brawl) he will still loose? Why? Last time I READ the manga strongest swordsman =/= strongest person.

    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2341-...apter-234.html

    We haven't seen Shanks fight yet, just defend. SO if you base all his abilty based on that. Go ahead.

    Quote Quote:
    Sure Shanks hes very strong and is a younko and is very respected, however he still will lose from mihawk combat wise 1 on 1.
    Don't see your point.

    Quote Quote:
    Story wise Mihawk should be as strong or stronger then most of the younko, because hes zoro's final goal.
    No you're wrong. That's no indications for him beating or being stronger than most of the yonkous. Zoro is aiming for the swordsman top, not the seat of the strongest person.

    Quote Quote:
    Besides, being the strongest swordsman, means he is the strongest swordman, including shanks.
    It doesnt mean hes the strongest overall though, i agree on that.
    Well if Shanks only fights with swords.. which we don't know. We haven't seen him fight, only defend with his sword. Until I or we see him fight we can't make that conclusion.


    Quote Quote:
    As for people who think shanks isnt a swordman, should explain their own theory why he isnt a swordman anymore?
    Its not like he ate a devilfruit, and haki can be imbued into swords.
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-56928...apter-597.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2623-...apter-516.html
    I'm not denying he can fight with swords, but who says that's all he amounts to? Or that he hasn't eaten a fruit? Your just to hasty with your assumptions.

    Whitebeard fought with his bisentō but he fought much without. So there isn't any room for fighters to be able to fight with a weapon and their body or ability (by your logic)? Like WB or Rayleigh?

    Quote Quote:
    Reason why im sure why hes a swordman.
    1. Shanks flag contain sword
    2. Shanks in one piece games, is a swordman
    3. Shanks is Always seen with a sword
    4. shanks clashed with WB with a sword
    5. Shanks blocked magma fist, with a sword.
    6. Shanks was mihawks former rival.
    1. Pirate flags, usually contain bones or swords. It's just a typical pirate flag. Which might give away that he fights with swords.. or sword or with more than just that perhaps?
    2. Non-canon, next please.
    3. WB is always seen with a bisentō, doesnt make him a pure spear/naginata fighter. No?
    4. True, and whitebeard with a bisentō.
    5. I guess it's a smarter choice than stopping it with a haki imbued fist?
    6. Guess that makes him a very good swordsman.


    To be honest, im astonished.. that people claim that Shanks is a pure swordsman after we've seen him so little. For example I don't think Roger only fought with a sword just because we've seen him with a sword. Same goes for WB, Rayleigh, Smoker etc etc
    Last edited by ikuroi; October 30, 2013 at 01:13 PM.

  15. #90
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Eternal Winter Palace
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mihawk's Power Level

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    What makes you say this is the truth? an unknown superstrong swordman nobody knows about? xD

    Similar to the new one just popped up and joined BB crew, that jailer, anyway you misunderstood my post. It's the truth about the tittle which Zoro wants, but great people like Shanks doesnt give a damn about being one of the Yonkou, he only wants adventures, rums, ales etc....


    Most tittles are given by people who admire strong fighters, nobody has any copy right owning them.

    ---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ikuroi View Post


    To be honest, im astonished.. that people claim that Shanks is a pure swordsman after we've seen him so little. For example I don't think Roger only fought with a sword just because we've seen him with a sword. Same goes for WB, Rayleigh, Smoker etc etc

    I think both Roger and BB used hand guns somewhere (can't remember the chapter #)


    From my point of view only, in term of pure sword skills then Mihawk >>> Shanks but when it comes to haki then it's the other way around, because I don't think Hawkeye could beat Shanks in general. If Mihawk is hyper strong then why did he join shichibukai? Truly a strong person don't work for any organization but himself. If Hawkeye >> all Yonkou in 1-1 battle then why the WG didn't ask him to erase all of them with some help from the admirals for cleaning up Yonkou's crew members and alliances?
    Last edited by MBVC; October 30, 2013 at 03:46 PM.

    Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

New Reply
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts