Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Noblesse: Chapter 221 Discussion/222 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yellowblue's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse: Chapter 221 Discussion/222 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    What? None of you think they are the Mulder and Scully of the KSA searching out the paranormal with a little suggestive romance on the side?
    Well Mulder or David Duchovny is a well known sex addict so there is always romance on the side ... Sangeen on the other hand looks like a straight arrow agent so I doubt their romance if there is any is real.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    It's not that I don't like it so much as it just doesn't fit.

I mean, there is a reason everybody finds this surprising. Yontsu and Sangeen have never really shown a hint of that kind of affection for one another. Sure they are agents and, hypothetically, maybe would want to keep it professional at work. But they haven't given each other so much as a pat on the back and if they were married wouldn't that be a little...odd. I mean, when Yontsu burst out crying out of frustration he just stood there....no friggin' way are they married...
    Yeah i understand but it's not like they had the chances to be lovey-dovey I mean all the situations we saw them in were all not exactly favorable for them. On contrary we only saw them in the middle of executing their orders from the KSA , you can't expect them to behave all affectionate right
    And when she cried they weren't alone they were together with the director so it's understandable. Anyway i totally love them , especially Snageen he's a nice guy

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it really is understandable though. If your wife/girlfriend/etc is crying, I don't care where you are and what your doing, you reach out and subtly touch her hand at least. That's like relationship 101.

I don't expect the affection to go overboard but do I expect something. Like the "Mulder and Scully" thing was brought up earlier. Everybody knew that was coming because of they way they acted with on another. Granted the way it happened was a little surprising but the actual relationship groundwork was already there. I mean, they were acting like a married couple loooong before they were together. Sangeen and Yontsu don't even glance at one another. If they are married they must be the kind of married couple that sleeps in separate rooms, because there is just no sense of familiarity or closeness at all.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

If they're married - they could be the type that does not display affection publicly or it could be because of their classified training that they rarely show any emotions.
    Last edited by Charlie; February 03, 2012 at 01:16 PM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Charlie. Indeed it is rather subjective, there might be cases that even fighters can show affectionate feelings toward their partner, but in this case Yontsu and Sangeen seem to be the serious type. I think it is also because they understand their importance in the agency itself. As far as we know, the modifications they have are different form other modified humans the agency have, so they must keep it secret. I guess that somehow makes them... 'stiff', like, too serious or something. Just my guess. ^^;

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    If they're married - they could be the type that does not display affection publicly or it could be because of their classified training that they rarely show any emotions.
    But it's not like Yontsu has done a great job hiding her other emotions....So why should that one be the exception? I just don't think you can explain away the absence of warmth and affection between husband and wife that easily. Especially when you consider thant Sangeen and Yontsu have not just been shown on missions. They have been shown in downtime, and their interactions seemed identical to me.

Noblesse's characterizations are generally far to subtle for me to dismiss that.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I agree with Charlie. Indeed it is rather subjective, there might be cases that even fighters can show affectionate feelings toward their partner, but in this case Yontsu and Sangeen seem to be the serious type. I think it is also because they understand their importance in the agency itself. As far as we know, the modifications they have are different form other modified humans the agency have, so they must keep it secret. I guess that somehow makes them... 'stiff', like, too serious or something. Just my guess. ^^;
    I just don't buy it. Noblesse tends to delight in the subtle part of human interaction. And this isn't a matter of a relationship being was hard to notice up until now, it just wasn't there at all. Now we could make up all kinds of theory's as to why it isn't(special training or whatever) but to me it just seems off that we have seen these agents, in and out of the field, and not once have they done anything that seems to me like it could be construed as an act of personal warmth or loving familiarity, even if only a reassuring glance.

In most series I would dismiss that fact as just a spot of poor characterization but Noblesse almost never delivers weak characterizations so to me it still seems more likely that Yontsu was lying.

-------------------------------------------

One way or another we should find out within the next 3 chapters.
    Last edited by Jammin; February 04, 2012 at 01:39 AM.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

You bring up interesting points Jammin - I suppose we'll have to see how it turns out. You could be right.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    You bring up interesting points Jammin - I suppose we'll have to see how it turns out. You could be right.
    He just likes to stick with his beliefs Well so do i so i guess all we can do is wait and see . I would lmao if in a few chapters we'll see Yonsu and Snageen smooching

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    He just likes to stick with his beliefs Well so do i so i guess all we can do is wait and see . I would lmao if in a few chapters we'll see Yonsu and Snageen smooching
    Well if I didn't believe them for a reason I wouldn't believe them at all.

This whole thing just seems too suspicious for me to accept it at face value without some kind of corroboration. Another character mentioning it in any way would do, kissing of course, even a hug would convince me instantly. Not that I expect any of those things....

By the way another thing about this that seemed suspicious to me is that Tao did as thorough a background check as he could on those two and this never came up. If they were legally married that would seem to be pretty hard for him to miss. I mean, you could say "they were married in secret for some unknown reason" but if that was information they wanted to keep hidden telling Cerberus was unwise(they are not exactly trustworthy).

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet the whole 'Marriage' thing is a standard cover story they use inside the organization to cover and explain for each other's behavior. I'll bet they live together too. It's just easier to cover for each other if they are just paired up. They couldn't do that if they were on their own or paired with 'not in the loop' personnel. She has simply used her standard cover story that is certain to be part of the record.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Actually, after thinking about it, their fake marriage would work out better for them than a real one. Most employers don't like Husband and Wife teams as their domestic issues can drag over into their work life, so they get split up. Evidently, they work very well together without any domestic issues so this may be taken as evidence of either extreme domestic bliss or no domestic life at all.

20. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet the whole 'Marriage' thing is a standard cover story they use inside the organization to cover and explain for each other's behavior. I'll bet they live together too. It's just easier to cover for each other if they are just paired up. They couldn't do that if they were on their own or paired with 'not in the loop' personnel. She has simply used her standard cover story that is certain to be part of the record.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Actually, after thinking about it, their fake marriage would work out better for them than a real one. Most employers don't like Husband and Wife teams as their domestic issues can drag over into their work life, so they get split up. Evidently, they work very well together without any domestic issues so this may be taken as evidence of either extreme domestic bliss or no domestic life at all.
    I thought the first perspective was interesting. It would be interesting if they're married as part of their cover and living together as well. If anything the discussion here have shown a few possibilities are open currently.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

An interesting thought, as agents for a secret organization it would stand to reason that they would have posed as husband and wife before(that's kind of a "classic secret agent" thing to do).

It would explain both the lack of the kind of emotional connection I would expect from a married couple and also why she threw that out at Cerberus with so little hesitation. Definitely something worth considering.

24. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3