Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Are Tao, Takeo, M-21, and an injured Sangeen enough to take down these Cerberus guys?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 16.67%
  • No

4 66.67%
  • Possibly, but not all of them will come away from it.

1 16.67%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 222 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 222 Review

No character spotlight this week for 2 reasons. Firstly, because I went a little longer than usual with the rest of the review and I don't really want to make it any bigger. Secondly, I think I did one for Tao fairly recently(though I can't quite remember). Anyway...

Onto the Review!

Chapter Summary

I've made my decision. Screw that Sangeen guy, we're going to a masquerade party!

This week starts out with Frankenstein in a labratory-like place waiting for something and resolving to keep his master from fighting until he"finds a way"; presumably to restore Raizel's vitality.

Then things cut off to a pair of the Cerberus people, Rasta-douche and blonde troll-ish guy, who are headed up to Sangeens room to kill him for the sake of pissing off Yontsu(such an epic dick move). When they get to the room however, they find him missing and pretty quickly work out that this whole thing was a trick and that he must be an enhanced human. The Rasta-douche does not take this... well; blowing out the side of the building in a burst of anger.

Meanwhile back at the school; Tao, Takeo, and, M-21 are sitting around digesting the information they good from Sangeen. Tao, in a display of his impressive analytical thinking, works out that these Cerberus people must be here to investigate Crombell's activities. and decide to call and inform Sangeen of this.

But when Sangeen returns to the hospital he finds his room in flames and Rasta-douche and the Blonde Troll waiting for him. He using one of his needle-like attacks to create a cloud of dust to evade them for a bit and as he is hiding he receives Tao's call. But before Tao can give him information he simply says that he was found and is now being pursued by Cerberus; and as such the deal they had is off due to the "inconvenience" it would bring to them. Then he crushes the phone.

On the other end of the line. Tao tells the others what he was told and considers what to do now, as Frankenstein left him in charge it is his decision to make. He makes a decision and asks his friends if they will follow him. They both dismiss the question, having complete faith in him, and he tells them to take.....ridiculous masquerade masks. Announcing that "RK-4 is off to rescue their allies", while Takeo and M-21 stare at the masks and appear to have a whole lot less faith all of a sudden.

Chapter Review

So are you guys cool with leaving Sangeen hanging?

Substance
    Lots of developments this week.

Sangeen's plan to sneak off and get intel on Cerberus blew up in his face big time. Now Rasta-douche and the Blonde Troll both know he is an unregistered enhanced human and probably suspect Yontsu is as well. So if that information gets back to the others it would spell disaster for Yontsu and the KSA as a whole. So for their sakes he absolutely has to take them out somehow.

And RK-4 deciding to get involved greatly improves his odds of success. It's still a uphill climb Right now it appears to be 4 on 2(assuming they get there before Sangeen gets destroyed) but, with the power these Cerberus guys have shown, I'm not sure I like their chances. If they try to split up and go 2 versus 1, I think they will get smoked. So the way I see it they need someone to keep one of occupied while the rest gang up on the other but that is going to be a punishing task for whoever gets the job.

This chapter also brought a little more clarity to the intentions of Cerberus. They are basically here in an attempt by the 12th elder to get dirt on Crombell. Which explains why Yuri has not been exactly helpful to them. It also might mean that Yuri wants them to run into Frankenstein and his allies; after all what could be worse for the 12th elder than losing his strongest people.

Presentation
    This chapter had solid artwork with a few very nice panels of facial expressions but the way it was plotted out seemed a bit funky. I like the decision to skip the conversation between RK-4 and Sangeen; as I thought it helped keep up the momentum but the injection of flashback moments all over the place resulted in this chapter feeling uncharacteristically messy.

Character-wise, I really liked what this chapter did with Sangeen. Watching him handle this disaster really gave us insight into who his character is as a person, which is something we haven't seen with him before; and I think the coming chapters even more enjoyable because of that insight.

The Rasta-douche however continues to be just too far over the top for me as a foil. While I realize his despicableness is supposed to create a contrast with characters like RK-4 and Sangeen but it's being taken to the point where he seems like a terrible operative because of how uncontrollably evil he is. He seems like more of a hindrance than a help to Cerberus and that makes his status as an experienced member had to believe.

Final Rating
    This is a chapter that's easy to get excited about; action that seems to be leading into even more action, big consequences, and a touch of comic relief to make it fun. Sadly, the messy way it was structured holds it down quite a bit.

So I give it a 3 out of 5

My Predictions
    • Somebody else will join RK-4 and Sangeen in tackling Rasta-douche and the Blonde Troll.

My Previous Predictions(Current Record 7-8)
    Nothing yet to point either way on the Yontsu/Sangeen marriage controversy, and I assure you I will continue to watch that like a hawk.

Spoiler: Ongoing show

Thread Question of the Week
    How do you think this fight will go down?
    Last edited by Jammin; February 07, 2012 at 03:28 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 222 Review

Another splendid review...

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    In my opinion Yonsu will come and be the decoy for the blond guy (I saw you also had a similar theory), who will go after her.

The other guy (I guess I'm going to call him "Rasta-douchebag", similar as you) will go after Sangeen, but RK "masquerade" will come to help him. Together RK brothers and Sangeen will kill "Rasta-douchebeg", but Yonsu will escape the blond guy, who would than explain everything to other Cerberus guys, and want to kill Sangeen and Yonsu peronaly/himself (personal groudge) !!!

Yuriy's "sharp eye" should also notice that Tao is behind everything (the communication device Sangeen crushed).

What I'm interested is if Yuriy will try to find his ex members, or will he rather try to divert the attention of Cerberus guys on finding Frankenstain, that Dr. Crombell meet before ???

But I belive that at the end Yuriy will go with the flow and try finding out who is backing up from behind, people like Tao, Takeo,...

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

About the poll, I voted NO, but if it happenes as I said earlier than they might have a better chance.
    Last edited by Monsterguy; February 07, 2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason: spelling
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Monsterguy
    I think Yontsu is definitely a good candidate the question is can she get free of her other responsibilities without arousing suspicion?

Either way though, I think if somebody is to hold the Blonde Trollish guy in check they are going to need to be a up-close fighter and be able to take some damage without going down. So I think M-21 is probably best suited to that. The only problem with him doing it is that I think they are really going to need him to take on the Rasta-guy. Tao is not suited for up-close fighting, Takeo is better at ranged combat, and Sangeen seems to be highspeed mid/range; and none of them seem like they can soak up a lot of damage. Basically, I think if they can find one more up-close fighter this fight would become much more win-able.

Yontsu or Regis would be solid candidates but it's hard to say if either will be factor in this.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not so sure that Yontsu will be able to serve as that distraction. The main reason being the first thing that Rasta and Troll would do would be to call the other members of Cerberus to grab her on suspicion of being an unregistered enhanced human. They can then use her as a hostage to get Sangeen to surrender. They have probably already done it.

The scene I'd like to see:
    RK-4 is fighting Rasta and Troll in the street, and the 2 Cerberus douches are winning (but with a lot of effort). Rasta is about to pound someone but then a foot is firmly planted in his face! Shinwoo and the kids have shown up including Regis and Seira.
    Shinwoo: "What's the mask for Ajussi? Can I have one?"

8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now it appears to be 4 on 2(assuming they get there before Sangeen gets destroyed) but, with the power these Cerberus guys have shown, I'm not sure I like their chances. If they try to split up and go 2 versus 1, I think they will get smoked. So the way I see it they need someone to keep one of occupied while the rest gang up on the other but that is going to be a punishing task for whoever gets the job.
    I agree. I think the best way possible would be to hope that one of the two Cerberus members would go to search for Yontsu and hope that she could hide well or take as much time as possible from him. While Sangeen joining the others knock down the other members. Sounds unfair, really, 4 vs 1, but you can't help it if the one enemy has a huge power, no? XD

The Rasta-douche however continues to be just too far over the top for me as a foil. While I realize his despicableness is supposed to create a contrast with characters like RK-4 and Sangeen but it's being taken to the point where he seems like a terrible operative because of how uncontrollably evil he is. He seems like more of a hindrance than a help to Cerberus and that makes his status as an experienced member had to believe.
    Make sense. Isn't he the type like Hammer from DA-5, if I remember correctly, who seems to be very thirsty of blood and fights just for the sake to tell others that he is strong. At certain points it helps to intimidate the opponents, but at other times it's just purely annoying for being so uncontrollable. Maybe he is really designed that way, or maybe he just likes to show off, or that this whole KSA business upset him. ^^;

It would be unfair. When I wrote what I wish to see above, I think it's not really possible, so I imagine that our guys would have a bad time dealing with Cerberus members. >__<

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    What I'm interested is if Yuriy will try to find his ex members, or will he rather try to divert the attention of Cerberus guys on finding Frankenstain, that Dr. Crombell meet before ??
    Ex-members?
    I'm not sure, but Yuri doesn't seem to be interested much in this Cerberus thingy, really. His objective lies with Frank and teams. Now that he knows about it, he just need a reason... Perhaps he would try to get information from the agents about their cooperation with Frank, failed, getting upset, and go to see them himself. :P

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Ex-members?
    I'm not sure, but Yuri doesn't seem to be interested much in this Cerberus thingy, really. His objective lies with Frank and teams. Now that he knows about it, he just need a reason... Perhaps he would try to get information from the agents about their cooperation with Frank, failed, getting upset, and go to see them himself. :P
    By "ex members" I meant ex DA-5 people (like Tao and Takeo), why otherwise the suspicion would fall on Yuri and on Dr. Crombell that Yuri is working for (consequently with discovering also M-21).

My assumption is that Yuri will try to find Frankenstain without luck, on himself / alone. So at the end Yuri would be forced to cooperate with other members of Cerberus, becouse of no other leads. This should later be shown useful to him, becouse he would discover that the enemy of Union is KSA with strong people (among those people Yuri might think that there is also Frankenstain), what he will report to the Union.
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Red Dog's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I agree. I think the best way possible would be to hope that one of the two Cerberus members would go to search for Yontsu and hope that she could hide well or take as much time as possible from him. While Sangeen joining the others knock down the other members. Sounds unfair, really, 4 vs 1, but you can't help it if the one enemy has a huge power, no? XD
    I'm not a fan of GangBanging either but eh,it's not like their power Levels are similar,is'nt it....

Quote Quote:
    In my opinion if the RKs fight a Cerberus goon Head on,they'll end up defenseless even despite the numeric advantage

The only sustainable strategy is teamwork,they ought to try the same formation they used against Rael:

Tao reading the moves
    Takeo sniping from afar
    then M-21 striking Blows on Blows(of course after using provokative talk )

The problem is that they may have to face the Duo RastaDouche/Blonde Imp at the same time!
    Zettai-Teki Seigi/Absolute Justice

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply