Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Members of the Uzumaki clan

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Members of the Uzumaki clan

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    Mei has brown hair I believe. So no, I do not believe she is a candidate to be an Uzumaki.
    there are exceptions to the rule

not all uzumakis inherit red hair

in the case of naruto, he's technically namikaze, but he inherited uzumaki stamina through his mother, is for all intents and purposes equivalent to an uzumaki in stamina and health, but is blonde

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    there are exceptions to the rule

not all uzumakis inherit red hair

in the case of naruto, he's technically namikaze, but he inherited uzumaki stamina through his mother, is for all intents and purposes equivalent to an uzumaki in stamina and health, but is blonde

Of course, just like not every redhead has to be an uzumaki. However, If we're going by the Uzumaki trait, Mei isn't a candidate. Hell, she could end up being one, or related but I honestly don't see the point in that.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

in naruto's case,there may be an explanation: that is that the namikaze's lineage is strogner than the uzumaki,that for what concerns hair. as if,uzumaki's red hair is the strongest,beneath the namikaze's blonde one.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Alderney
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    in naruto's case,there may be an explanation: that is that the namikaze's lineage is strogner than the uzumaki,that for what concerns hair. as if,uzumaki's red hair is the strongest,beneath the namikaze's blonde one.
    In real life red hair is the most rare of hair colours due to the fact the genes responsible for it are recessive. A marriage between a blonde and a redhead will in most cases result in a blond kid. So Naruto having yellow hair is quite natural.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nieuwsgierig View Post
    In real life red hair is the most rare of hair colours due to the fact the genes responsible for it are recessive. A marriage between a blonde and a redhead will in most cases result in a blond kid. So Naruto having yellow hair is quite natural.
    but that's a different case: uzumaki are said to have all red hair,look at nagato: his mother had red hair and he had them as well,instead of having black hair. that's explained by the fact that Uzumaki's lineage is very strong,so their genes are stronger than the others: hence even though the other parent has got non-red hair,it turns out to be red because uzumaki's genes are stronger.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    Of course, just like not every redhead has to be an uzumaki. However, If we're going by the Uzumaki trait, Mei isn't a candidate. Hell, she could end up being one, or related but I honestly don't see the point in that.
    I agree, despite Mei having the same hairstyle and color of Kushina, she hasn't any "life chakra/strong body" capacity.
    Unless having 2 Gekkei Kenkai is a sign of an incredibly strong/rare/unique body

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Members of the Uzumaki clan

in the recent chapters mei has been doing a lot of the work...not saying she's uzumaki...but she does have an abundant amount of chakra.jutsu after jutsu...and big ones to boot.
    Last edited by gnut; March 26, 2012 at 04:17 PM.
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    in the recent chapters mei has been doing a lot of the work...not saying she's uzumaki...but she does have an abundant amount of chakra.jutsu after jutsu...and big ones to boot.
    yeah exactly why she picked my interest as well. Are we sure her hair is brown though?

Mei plz be an uzumaki and marry naruto

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Members of the Uzumaki clan

well,if we go by naruto standards...brownish-red could probably pass.
    to me she reminds me of kushina...with her bully attitude mixed with sweetness.definitely uzumaki traits of bipolar personality...

also,let's not forget yagura...the perfect jinchuuriki...who is also red-head
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    well,if we go by naruto standards...brownish-red could probably pass.
    to me she reminds me of kushina...with her bully attitude mixed with sweetness.definitely uzumaki traits of bipolar personality...

also,let's not forget yagura...the perfect jinchuuriki...who is also red-head
    wait yagura had a red hair? always thought it was blue

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    And no... not everyone with red hair is a Uzumaki...
    Otherwise, Gaara and Sasori would also be Uzumaki...

And we can't see either that to be a Uzumaki, you need red hair...
    Naruto himself is the proof that you can be a Uzumaki without having red hair.
    Rather, it could be said that most, if not all, Uzumaki have red hair. I think red hair occurs when the clan interbreeds or breeds with someone else with same hair color. Would explain why Tsunade and Naruto are blonde despite having Uzumaki blood.

Basically, anyone can be Uzumaki, unless there's a strict rule that disallows marriage out of clan. Explains why all, if not most, Uchiha have same eye and hair color, as well as Hyuuga.

Makes two Uzumaki blood we've seen as healers though - Tsunade and Karin.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Rather, it could be said that most, if not all, Uzumaki have red hair. I think red hair occurs when the clan interbreeds or breeds with someone else with same hair color. Would explain why Tsunade and Naruto are blonde despite having Uzumaki blood.

Basically, anyone can be Uzumaki, unless there's a strict rule that disallows marriage out of clan. Explains why all, if not most, Uchiha have same eye and hair color, as well as Hyuuga.

And Tsunade is a Senju too, so, as far as genetic goes, she was destined to be some sort of legendary healing monster.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post

tsunade isn't uzumaki

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I agree, kishi cleared this point in the last chapter, with the image of Karin, Kushina and Nagato.
    I think that Naruto and Tsunade are not uzumaki, they are descendents of senju and Uzumaki but we can`t say that they are it.
    They obtained "powers" like vital force and biggest chakra capacity in Naruto and regeneration abilities in Tsunade.. But this is only a little heritage...

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Westerlana View Post
    Yeah I agree, kishi cleared this point in the last chapter, with the image of Karin, Kushina and Nagato.
    I think that Naruto and Tsunade are not uzumaki, they are descendents of senju and Uzumaki but we can`t say that they are it.
    They obtained "powers" like vital force and biggest chakra capacity in Naruto and regeneration abilities in Tsunade.. But this is only a little heritage...
    oh crpa i forgot about tsunade's grandmother

yes she's the equivalent of uzumaki

why is she so weak though?

and what happened to the shodaime's children (e.g. tsunade's parent)? merger of uzumaki and senju, should be pretty powerful, what happened there?

New Reply
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast