Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 192

Thread: Members of the Uzumaki clan

  1. #16
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    st.pete...tampa bay,usa
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,248
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs Up Re: Members of the Uzumaki clan

    hair color doesn't mean jack...kakashi,tobirama,kabuto and darui are a few examples.all have white hair...but none are related.BUT,kushina did say that her clan was spread over many lands...so there is quite the possibilty that roshi is uzumaki.we were never told nagato's last name...so he may very well have had the uzumaki last name.
    recently people have been very much changing my way of thinking about tobi...i think he may be uzumaki.what's the comment about"trademark red hair"?he may just have red hair himself.who knows,but he definitely knows about the uzumakis...probably more than he knows about the uchihas....
    Last edited by gnut; February 05, 2012 at 02:35 PM.
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #17
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,406
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Members of the Uzumaki clan

    To me, currently there is only another person that we know who is an Uzumaki. Karin. The fact that her chakra is special, and her way of acting, makes me think that she is an Uzumaki.

    Kushina, Naruto and Nagato have already been confirmed.

    Now, there are a couple others that could end up being Uzumaki if we got only by the hair color, Gaara and his father. Kushina did mention that the remaining ones were forced into hiding.

    Gaara's dad was basically the same age as Minato.

    Plus, Naruto and Gaara being relatives would be awesome

  4. #18
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Members of the Uzumaki clan

    Karin can't take a hit, contrary to every Uzumaki member we know about. She has no skill in Fuuinjutsu that we've seen, which we know the clan was supposedly good at. Saying that she has a special body is nice and all...but so do half of the characters we've seen. Everyone and their grandmother has a "special body" or "unique chakra" or something to that nature.

    Given what we know of the clan, Chouza makes a better fit for an Uzumaki than Karin does. Hair color does not mean everything. Or even something.


    Another point to make; the Uzumaki were also feared for their Fuuinjutsu skill...but they weren't the only ones who could use Fuuinjutsu. Just because you're known for something, that doesn't mean you're also unique for it.

  5. #19
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Members of the Uzumaki clan

    Quote Originally Posted by sage88 View Post
    all red hairs are not uzumaki
    sasori
    sasori's father
    gaara
    they are not uzumaki
    You have to realize that there is nothing in the manga that proves that they are not Uzumaki. From what we are told, the Uzumaki survivors fled the country and hid their identities so that they wouldn't be hunted down. For all we know, they COULD be part Uzumaki, but they hid their names. It would fit the idea that Gaara was a compatible jinchuriki due to his Uzumaki blood. And how awesome would that be if Gaara and Naruto were distant relatives.

  6. #20
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    459
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Members of the Uzumaki clan

    actually the hid and fled from the country durring the second shinobi war if i'm not mistaken, which mean that Sasori wouldn't be a Uzumaki since he was part of Suna way before the second shinobi war. And i'm assuming that Garaa's father was also part of suna durring this time as well, infact he was the Kazekage. Red hair means nothing. And if you want to use the theory that it hasn't been disproven then you can also say that it hasn't been proven either which makes this discussion pointless. To me the reason why it hasn't been disproven is because Kishi probably doesn't think people are dumb enough to believe that they are part of the Uzumaki clan. so it will never be disproven...

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #21
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Members of the Uzumaki clan

    Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    actually the hid and fled from the country durring the second shinobi war if i'm not mistaken, which mean that Sasori wouldn't be a Uzumaki since he was part of Suna way before the second shinobi war. And i'm assuming that Garaa's father was also part of suna durring this time as well, infact he was the Kazekage. Red hair means nothing. And if you want to use the theory that it hasn't been disproven then you can also say that it hasn't been proven either which makes this discussion pointless. To me the reason why it hasn't been disproven is because Kishi probably doesn't think people are dumb enough to believe that they are part of the Uzumaki clan. so it will never be disproven...
    There was no evidence suggesting that all the Uzumaki's remained in the Eddy Village until it got destroyed. For all we know, they may have immigrated to different countries before that event. Sasori being part of sand before the destruction of the eddy village doesn't disprove anything.

    As for Gaara's dad, not having red hair does not necessarily disprove that a person is not part Uzumaki. For all we know, the gene could be recessive in certain individuals.

    As for Kishi not bothering to include more details concerning the red hair, it could be for multiple reasons:

    1) there isn't enough time
    2) he couldn't find it relevant enough to add it to the plot
    3) he wants to leave little hints to amuse and interest the readers that are open for speculation.

    Why would you be so offensive and call people dumb for thinking outside the box?

    ---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zau View Post
    Karin can't take a hit, contrary to every Uzumaki member we know about. She has no skill in Fuuinjutsu that we've seen, which we know the clan was supposedly good at. Saying that she has a special body is nice and all...but so do half of the characters we've seen. Everyone and their grandmother has a "special body" or "unique chakra" or something to that nature.

    Given what we know of the clan, Chouza makes a better fit for an Uzumaki than Karin does. Hair color does not mean everything. Or even something.

    Another point to make; the Uzumaki were also feared for their Fuuinjutsu skill...but they weren't the only ones who could use Fuuinjutsu. Just because you're known for something, that doesn't mean you're also unique for it.

    Naruto doesn't know fuuinjutu, but you can't say that he is not Uzumaki because of that. Red hair is genetically inherited while sealing techniques are learned. There's a difference. ::
    Last edited by SuperSaiyan4; February 09, 2012 at 02:57 AM.

  9. #22
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Country
    Central African Republic
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Members of the Uzumaki clan

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan4 View Post
    Naruto doesn't know fuuinjutu, but you can't say that he is not Uzumaki because of that. Red hair is genetically inherited while sealing techniques are learned. There's a difference. ::
    He will learn it. I was and still pretty sure that Fuuinjutsu is the key for the final battle. I hope against Tobi and Juubi.

  10. #23
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Members of the Uzumaki clan

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan4 View Post
    There was no evidence suggesting that all the Uzumaki's remained in the Eddy Village until it got destroyed. For all we know, they may have immigrated to different countries before that event. Sasori being part of sand before the destruction of the eddy village doesn't disprove anything.

    As for Gaara's dad, not having red hair does not necessarily disprove that a person is not part Uzumaki. For all we know, the gene could be recessive in certain individuals.

    As for Kishi not bothering to include more details concerning the red hair, it could be for multiple reasons:

    1) there isn't enough time
    2) he couldn't find it relevant enough to add it to the plot
    3) he wants to leave little hints to amuse and interest the readers that are open for speculation.

    Why would you be so offensive and call people dumb for thinking outside the box?
    To be honest, its likely that Red hair doesnt mean a person is definetely an Uzumaki. Akimichi clan members are a good example.
    Also, Gaara being an Uzumaki is extremely unlikely lol.
    However Sasori you do have an argument since his grandma Chiyo had longetivity lol she was quite the old timer. But seriously its unlikely ninjas of the Hidden Sand are Uzumaki's.

  11. #24
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    459
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Members of the Uzumaki clan

    Actually back durring the second shinobi war and even before the war and somewhat after the war, all the nations didn't associate with each other and didn't trust eachother enough to let another village member to join there village. The eddy village and konoha were the only village that allowed member trading, like kushina and the first hokage's wife... So if Sasori was infact part of the eddy village before, Suna would have most deffinitly not have allowed him to come into there village from fear of him finding out secret information and bringing it back to the eddy and konoha village. :P

  12. #25
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Members of the Uzumaki clan

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    To be honest, its likely that Red hair doesnt mean a person is definetely an Uzumaki. Akimichi clan members are a good example.
    Also, Gaara being an Uzumaki is extremely unlikely lol.
    However Sasori you do have an argument since his grandma Chiyo had longetivity lol she was quite the old timer. But seriously its unlikely ninjas of the Hidden Sand are Uzumaki's.
    Considering how many different characters were described to be distant relatives of the sage of six paths (the gold and silver brothers, uzumaki clan, uchiha, hyuuga, tsunade, etc.), you cannot rule out that these characters are at least somewhat related to one another. I mean, technically tsunade is naruto's great aunt or something. And we've seen a special friendship that chouji and naruto, most recently in the last chapter of naruto. It feels like their relationship was more spontaneous and easier than others and I feel like there is significance in that.

    On that note, based on what we have seen so far, those with some blood of the sage of the six paths is capable of being compatible with a bijuu. With the gold and silver brothers, raikage assumed that it was their heritage that allowed them to withstand the kyuubi chakra. I think we could imply that this condition applies to the other jinchuriki as well since it has been shown that there are certain individuals who were "compatible."

    With gaara, I think it was significant that chiiyo described him to be the first "compatible" one, especially since he was the only redhead among the siblings. And I think gaara's mother may have been part uzumaki or a distant relative of the six paths. I think it may give some explanation to how gaara's sand has been protecting him all this time. I think it's similar to how naruto's parents sealed their power within naruto.

    So let me rephrase my earlier statement. I think these individuals are all distant relatives. However, there is a good probability that those with red hair have some part of the uzumaki lineage.

    And come on, can't you see that there is something weird going on if sasori can continue to live on only as a small mass of flesh inside a plastic doll.

    ---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    Actually back durring the second shinobi war and even before the war and somewhat after the war, all the nations didn't associate with each other and didn't trust eachother enough to let another village member to join there village. The eddy village and konoha were the only village that allowed member trading, like kushina and the first hokage's wife... So if Sasori was infact part of the eddy village before, Suna would have most deffinitly not have allowed him to come into there village from fear of him finding out secret information and bringing it back to the eddy and konoha village. :P
    What if this happened before the second war? Also, there has been periods where the villages tried to be friendly with one another. Like when the first hokage offered the bijuus to other nations and when the second hokage tried to establish a treaty with the hidden cloud village. Even in the flashback of the third tsuchikage, he mentions that the first hokage wanted to maintain a friendly relationship between earth and fire. There are plenty of periods where uzumaki clan members, or any other distant relatives of the uzumaki would have immigrated to other countries. And the purpose behind the immigration may vary too. It could be that they were fugitives, criminals on the run, or simply those that wanted to relocate or something.

    Look at individuals with jiiton (magnet element). They were mostly present in the sand country, but we recently found another from the cloud country. Specific families are not always restricted to living in one country in principle. With youton (magma element), we have seen the mizukage, tsuchikage's granddaughter, and dodai from the cloud village using them. If these bloodlines limits are inherited, then we can see that it is not impossible for certain families to immigrate to other countries.

    Also, look at Roshi. He has red hair. He is a jinchuriki. It seems that only those of special lineage are capable of withstanding the bijuu chakra (I.e. Te gold and silver brothers, the uzumaki clan). He's part of the earth country. Before he got sucked into the gedo mazo, he mentioned that he thinks that he could have walked down the same path as naruto. That is implying that all other conditions that Roshi and naruto were under were pretty much identical, but they just made different decisions, like how naruto and nagato differed in their decision making in the past. This is implying that Roshi may be a relative of naruto, and possibly a uzumaki. This is supporting the possibility that having red hair is a strong indication that the individual may be a part uzumaki.

    ---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by solomon585858 View Post
    He will learn it. I was and still pretty sure that Fuuinjutsu is the key for the final battle. I hope against Tobi and Juubi.
    Well, sage of six paths believed in the younger son, who believed that love was the key to peace. Perhaps naruto might kiss sasuke again at some point like he did before . I mean, it was after that encounter that sasuke became less obsessed with revenge and became really close to his teammates (look at the flashback naruto had with the kyuubi of the time when sasuke and naruto first dueled each other. Compare that with how close naruto and sasuke became as a team).
    Last edited by SuperSaiyan4; February 14, 2012 at 04:43 PM.

  13. #26
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chibistar6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Members of the Uzumaki clan

    waitwait roshi (4-tails jinchuuriki) IS an uzumaki - I don't remember where, but tobi definitely mentioned it in one of the last 10 or 15 chapters. Also nagato was an uzumaki, as tobi also revealed....

  14. #27
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Argentina
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Members of the Uzumaki clan

    Quote Originally Posted by chibistar6 View Post
    waitwait roshi (4-tails jinchuuriki) IS an uzumaki - I don't remember where, but tobi definitely mentioned it in one of the last 10 or 15 chapters. Also nagato was an uzumaki, as tobi also revealed....
    No, he's NOT. It was never said by anybody. Sorry

  15. #28
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Members of the Uzumaki clan

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokuryuu View Post
    No, he's NOT. It was never said by anybody. Sorry
    Too blunt haha. Indeed. He was just said to be a difficult catch and a lava style user. His hair was red like Uzumaki's trademark but he aint.

    ---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan4 View Post
    With gaara, I think it was significant that chiiyo described him to be the first "compatible" one, especially since he was the only redhead among the siblings. And I think gaara's mother may have been part uzumaki or a distant relative of the six paths. I think it may give some explanation to how gaara's sand has been protecting him all this time. I think it's similar to how naruto's parents sealed their power within naruto.

    So let me rephrase my earlier statement. I think these individuals are all distant relatives. However, there is a good probability that those with red hair have some part of the uzumaki lineage.

    And come on, can't you see that there is something weird going on if sasori can continue to live on only as a small mass of flesh inside a plastic doll.
    Now that you mention it, Sasori definetely showed longetivity there. And the Gaara being the perfect match theory isnt baseless at all.
    Fair enough.

  16. #29
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Members of the Uzumaki clan

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokuryuu View Post
    No, he's NOT. It was never said by anybody. Sorry
    Roshi wasn't proven or disproven. But Tobi did mention that nagato was.

  17. #30
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    459
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Members of the Uzumaki clan

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Too blunt haha. Indeed. He was just said to be a difficult catch and a lava style user. His hair was red like Uzumaki's trademark but he aint.

    ---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------


    Now that you mention it, Sasori definetely showed longetivity there. And the Gaara being the perfect match theory isnt baseless at all.
    Fair enough.
    actually he didn't show any trace of longevity. try not to get mixed with longevity with turning your entire body as a puppet. that's the only reason he looked young. As for the reason why Chiyo was alive, was simply because she managed to survive as a shinobi, and when your a shinobi your entire life you tend to be very fit and healthy so a long life isn't out o the ordinary. I mean look at arnold schwarzineiger and silvester stallone. Those two are super old and they look in 10 year younger hten what they really are... And if you want to give old age the theory of Uzumaki, then would about the tsuchikage, he was around back when Madara was alive, so why don't we just call him an Uzumaki.

    @supersayin:
    You see, old age and red hair don't ALWAY'S signify that your an Uzumaki. BUT all Uzumaki do have red hair and prolonged life, more so then other shinobi which means instead of living till the age of say 80 or 90, they might live till they are 110 or something... But saying that all red hair people are Uzumaki is way off. Especially saying that Sasory and Garaa are Uzumaki's. Back in the day (even when the first gave the bijuus), the countries didn't trust eachother. They were still too suspicious of the other countries trying to invade and trick them... So they could have looked at the first actions as a way to gain there trust in order to get closer so that he could take them out when there guard was down. It was obvious to them that the first could control the bijuu, so him giving the bijuu to the other countries didn't do a thing for trust, all the first had to do was take control of them again when they were used againts him... No trust was brought into account, it was simply to balance the power. As for the treaty long ago with the lightning, we all saw what happened when they had a truce, they invaded the leaf and tried to kidnap hinata. Just because there's a treaty doesn't mean that they trust eachother enough to let the other villages shinobi live there... The very first act of trust was between the sand and leaf which was WAY after the fall of the Eddy village. so sorry no, the facts all show that Garaa and Sasory are not Uzumaki. Besides Garaa's family specialize in sand type jutsus. not a trait of the Uzumaki clan.

New Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts