Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Members of the Uzumaki clan

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Members of the Uzumaki clan

Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    um, i would have to guess that the eye color thing has some exceptions. My mother has brown eyes yet i have blue eyes. and no i'm not adopted if you were goin to say that... lol.... My father has blue eyes, so i alway's thought that blue eyes were more dominant.

I did remember my teacher tell me this many years back, but your responds made me curious so I checked up on how it works.. Indeed, you're completely right, the exception is that if one parent has brown eyes, the child mostly also get brown eyes, but not always.
    If both has brown eyes, then the child will always also get brown eyes.
    For example, if only people with brown eyes/genes survived a mass extinction, then the whole future of human race would be of brown eyes, even if they carry the DNA for blue/green eyes, (until a new mutation of course).

It could be very similar with the Uzumaki's, if both are Uzumaki, then the child is guaranteed to have red hair, however, if half or less Uzumaki, then you have much less of a chance. Only this is backward from brown eyes, in such that the red hair of Uzumaki is easily lost when paired with a none Uzumaki (possible).

Interesting stuff :3

Quote Quote:
    • Eye colors are distinct (brown, green, blue) rather than mixed. If we mixed green and blue paints we would get a greenish-blue paint. Mixing in brown would give mud. Eye colors of children came out as pure green, blue, or brown, not as a mixture of the colors of their parents' eyes.
    • Eye color acts like distinct particles are inherited - one can have the particle for green eyes or the particle for blue eyes.
    • Children can have different eye colors than either of their parents. This is strange, if colors can't mix. It would make sense if colors mixed and blue and green eyed parents had greenish-blue eyed children.
    • Brown tends to swamp out green, green tends to swamp out blue.
    • A parent with brown-brown genes produces only children with brown eyes, but a parent with brown-blue eyes could produce children with eye colors other than brown.
    Source: http://www.athro.com/evo/gen/inherit1.html

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cez View Post

I did remember my teacher tell me this many years back, but your responds made me curious so I checked up on how it works.. Indeed, you're completely right, the exception is that if one parent has brown eyes, the child mostly also get brown eyes, but not always.
    If both has brown eyes, then the child will always also get brown eyes.
    For example, if only people with brown eyes/genes survived a mass extinction, then the whole future of human race would be of brown eyes, even if they carry the DNA for blue/green eyes, (until a new mutation of course).

It could be very similar with the Uzumaki's, if both are Uzumaki, then the child is guaranteed to have red hair, however, if half or less Uzumaki, then you have much less of a chance. Only this is backward from brown eyes, in such that the red hair of Uzumaki is easily lost when paired with a none Uzumaki (possible).

Interesting stuff :3

Source: http://www.athro.com/evo/gen/inherit1.html
    Originally, humans had brown eyes. It's just through mutations over generations that led to different eye colors. Similar to how people were originally all lactose intolerant, but westerners developed another mutation that eliminates that trait in adulthood.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

ya, i alway's thought it was the revrse since my grandfather had the lightest blue eyes ever,and then my fathers were a bit darker and mine are like a greyish blue. so i was alway's under the impression that blue eyes were more dominent and the brown in the oposite sex just diluted it or something... and i was told that somewhere (can't remember from who and where), but i was told that it all mattered on where you ancester were from also... Apparently those who lived in a more brighter region, so places that alway's have the sun shining had brown eyes, and those who lived in more darker regions, say like in the north or south parts of the planet where the sun doesn't really have it's full effect, had blue eyes. so it could have been a mutation. Cause i know that my eyes are sensitive to the sun, along with a lot of other blue eyed people in my town. i alway's got to have my oakleys on hand incase the sun comes out... lol

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Back on topic lol.

@tret16
    Where we had kinda proved that the hair colour theory is still totally valid since Naruto is Half Uzumaki.

And the jutsu issue you claimed which broke the theory was wrong.

So we're at a point where we are now waiting for another detailed description of the Uzumaki family before we can decide.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Back on topic lol.

@tret16
    Where we had kinda proved that the hair colour theory is still totally valid since Naruto is Half Uzumaki.

And the jutsu issue you claimed which broke the theory was wrong.

So we're at a point where we are now waiting for another detailed description of the Uzumaki family before we can decide.
    That is all about paradigms (view points) then, so if we need to decide, it would be easier if we did it objectively, and not subjectively.
    Definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objecti...8philosophy%29

Think we can pretty much rule out that all the red haired are somehow linked to the Uzumaki far out in their families. It seems to random, and also not normal that red haired can't exist because the Uzumaki has monopole on it, even for a manga.
    We can't prove this with pure objectivity, so it'll be a bit Neo-Positivisme, basing our proof on real world (without statistical sources though, but we all know red hairs, don't you?).

Then there is the theory that the Uzumaki were like many other clans in the Naruto world, trying to preserve their purity, linked together with real life science knowledge.
    etc. etc. but won't continue, my point was only that we can use this technique.

At any rate, what do you think? If you're unsure about Paradigms, try look it up, this way we can find a way to agree in the end through logic, sources and proof (might sometimes be hard for a fantasy world though)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

These biological issues don't really apply to the Narutoverse since we have all sorts of wackiness such as generations of inbreeding producing healthy offspring.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kusomaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well generations of inbreeding can and do produce healthy offspring. The main problem with inbreeding is it doesn't allow for harmful mutations to be bred out.

Example.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

it's true that red hair is the trademark to the Uzumaki,but this doesn't imply that red hair are own of just the uzumaki clan. Karin will turn out being an uzumaki IMHO,though. that's would also be a good chance to give her some dignity and importance in a manga to which she seems not to belong anymore,especially with last/current events

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cezgeth View Post
    That is all about paradigms (view points) then, so if we need to decide, it would be easier if we did it objectively, and not subjectively.
    Definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objecti...8philosophy%29

Think we can pretty much rule out that all the red haired are somehow linked to the Uzumaki far out in their families. It seems to random, and also not normal that red haired can't exist because the Uzumaki has monopole on it, even for a manga.
    I dont think you should ''rule it out''. Although unlikely all of them.
    I just dont think its impossible for the likes of Karin, Sasori or Gaara to be Uzumaki's.

Remember how Chiyo saw Naruto in Sasori when he was sleeping? Just a thought. Probably wrong but shouldnt be ruled out as of yet.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, from the Sage of the Six Paths, we know one son got the eyes, the other the body. The hair goes along with the body idea, like how Uzumaki and Senju used to be the same clan or whatever. Same as Byakugan came from Sharingan.

So it's not crazy to think that people with red hair have a distant relation to the Uzumaki clan. Although it might be very distant. And they may just get the hair but not chakra or anything else. Whereas people can be half Uzumaki (like Naruto or Tsunade) and get the chakra, but not the red hair. Other people, like Nagato, get the hair and the chakra.

So, my prediction is we'll find out some more people in the series are Uzumaki-related. Some of them will have red hair, some won't. Probably at least one person out of Karin, Sasori, Gaara, Kurenai, the 4-tails host, or whoever else. Surely someone else we've seen in the series with red hair will be at least distantly related to the Uzumaki clan. Why else would the red hair thing have been mentioned in the manga, if not to make us guess and wonder?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

could be Kishi trying to mind F-ck us and be like "i just wasted several pointless hours of your day with something that's not there." lol

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    could be Kishi trying to mind F-ck us and be like "i just wasted several pointless hours of your day with something that's not there." lol
    The Majority of Jump Authors, and thats across the Monthly Jump Square, V Jump and Weekly, have shown that they are extremely talented in the art of trolling. So I wouldnt be surprised.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kusomaru View Post
    Well generations of inbreeding can and do produce healthy offspring. The main problem with inbreeding is it doesn't allow for harmful mutations to be bred out.

Example.
    inbreeding just doesn't give you the chance to randomly form greater genetic variations for the purposes of eliminating the weaker/defective genes.

if two people were perfectly healthy with zero defective genes, they could inbreed (assuming carcinogen/mutagen exposure is insignificant and generation-to-generation mutation is insignificant) for hundreds of generations and still be perfectly healthy

inbreeding in itself is not the cause of genetic defects

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: This week Chapter show
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone with red hair is an Uzumaki! Anyone who's blond is a Namikaze! Confirmed.
    Anyone who has a longevity is an Uzumaki!

New Reply
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast