Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

3 1.41%
  • 2 (Average)

6 2.82%
  • 3 (Good)

26 12.21%
  • 4 (Great!)

90 42.25%
  • 5 (Epic!)

79 37.09%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

9 4.23%
New Reply
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 655 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member wing_gundam's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 655 Discussion / 656 Prediction

Speaking of dials... I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this (or at least I didn't see it - sorry).

Maybe the call was made from a tone dial... Remember when Nami first went to Verth is Skypia? Someone could be playing it randomly or on purposes next to a snail phone etc... but the call itself could have been from a long time ago (ie 4 yrs ago).

The point being while it reads semi conversationally, there's no reaction in the message to Luffy's comments. It could very well be pre-recorded.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post

S/He's an outcast. It lives in a dangerous place who suffered something in the past (There you have your sad moments) it's a freaking extinct race and most probably Luffy will ask it to join. :O
    I mean...You know Luffy. He just can't avoid his glittering eyes.
    Well sir.. That is your opinion. However there is no evidence that this Dragon is an outcast or a member of an extinct species at all. Also up until now the danger has been heat and fire, which are usually products of a Dragon.. The Dragon could be the danger contained on this island. We can speculate that if the Dragon is making the call that it was being attacked by a Samurai, but that doesn't mean a deep and meaningful reason for becoming Nakama is inevitable and proven in three frames. As you well know from all the posts, there are a thousand possible potentialities out there...

Could it be possible.. yes it could. Why? We have zero empirical evidence proving otherwise at his point.
    Is the thought of the Dragon as an ally or Nakama cool... yes. IF the Dragon is the victim, of course knowing Luffy he will save him and somehow make friends.. but that IMHO does not yet qualify the Dragon for Nakama potential.
    Especially with the pending nature of Jinbe's promise with Luffy.

It's going to be cool to see what Punk Hazard has in store.
    Last edited by Poneglyph420; February 03, 2012 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Content.. and I'm bored..

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Uriel gave a go to the next crew member discussion, I thought about someone else than the dragon : The boss. I don't recall a lot of us mentioned him in our discussion. However I'm pretty sure he will have an important role in the arc but the dragon apparition is of course what we retain the most from the chapter.
    In the end except the Strawhat we will have many other groups involved : the dragon(s), the samourai, the boss and what is left of his companions, Smoker and G5 marines. Who is friend, who is foo :-)

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Dragon being the next nakama is allowed this week here and as long as it appears. So enjoy that out and take it out your fanboysim.

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Since Uriel gave a go to the next crew member discussion, I thought about someone else than the dragon : The boss. I don't recall a lot of us mentioned him in our discussion. However I'm pretty sure he will have an important role in the arc but the dragon apparition is of course what we retain the most from the chapter.
    In the end except the Strawhat we will have many other groups involved : the dragon(s), the samourai, the boss and what is left of his companions, Smoker and G5 marines. Who is friend, who is foo :-)
    I think he gave permission for "dragon as a nakama" discussion only not any other wild predictions... that is also because he liked the idea of dragon in the crew... mean moderator

So if you support the idea of dragon nakama then only your posts are tolerable

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well maybe the Dragon is the Boss !!

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by menino View Post
    I believe the dragon spoke directly with luffy, since he said 'who are you'. Luffy was also the only one scared to react before the dragon speaker.
    i love this chapter.. usoop scared is the best.
    About Admiral Aokiji I believe that he is not on Punk Hazard and everything indicates that Vegapunk is the one responsible for this crazy time.

sorry for the poor english.
    I think luffy thinks the dragon was his father
    CLEANED

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sumpner's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Should be quite simple to beat that Dragon, just use Marked for Death and then whip out the Daedric Battleaxe!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Demon's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok here's a shot in the dark, what if Luffy's dad (Dragon) was named after the Dragon (Zoan) type devil Fruit which he may poses, so Luffy is talking to his Dad!

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Sorry kinda jumped in without reading previous posts.....

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Oni Giri's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

as far as we know Dragon is his name not epithet unlike Marco "the phoenix" or Sengoku "the buddha" so i don't think he have that fruit. besides Dragon knows Luffy why'd he ask "who are you"
    "A crew whose captain lost his dignity will surely collapse" - Roronoa Zoro

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

don't you guys think that that luffy and co. are in the same island were blackbeard and crew captured bonney. it's possible that the super huge skull they saw was that member of blackbeard pirates(dunno his name). he probably wasn't fast enough to escape so akainu caught him and burnt him to crisp.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    i agree with you on the vegapunk theory... my head starts to hurt everytime it's brought up same thing goes with the zoen DF for the dragon... it's like a person sitting beside you and poking you in the same spot for hours... get's annoying. lol
    Im going to poke you once more! If it is not a zoan then how can they fit the bloody thing in their ship??

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm all happy for Skyrims success, but I doubt that people want to see OP being influenced by it. At first I missread you comment as a reason to make him a good nakama, it/her/him being marked for death[by the Samurai] with a nice battleaxe to fight with the crew. XD

k-dom
    Which boss are talking about? The alleged attacking force/unknown end fight?

Quote Originally Posted by garabilagan View Post
    ...the same island were blackbeard and crew captured bonney.
    Would Blackbeard or Bonney have the means to get there? How come the barrier/port was unharmed? And how would they have gotten there with no Log Pose capable of finding the isle? Remember the isles Smoker mentioned, it's probably the Risky Red island we've seen them on, not this one, which they only accidently saw by moving through the whitestorm.
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 03, 2012 at 05:55 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joshua019 View Post
    Im going to poke you once more! If it is not a zoan then how can they fit the bloody thing in their ship??
    Why would they even need to fit it in their ship? a Dragon normally has wings, he can fly

And if it was just a matter of how big he's, look at Sanjuan and Oars.

But the main question here, why do some of you guys think that he'll join? O_O

PS: Sorry Uriel you had to read my version of the VegaPunk Theory a page back.
    Last edited by Black Lagoon; February 03, 2012 at 05:50 AM.

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post
    Ok here's a shot in the dark, what if Luffy's dad (Dragon) was named after the Dragon (Zoan) type devil Fruit which he may poses, so Luffy is talking to his Dad!
    I don't think it ever happened before that Oda directly gave an animal/creature name for his character and turn him to be a Zoan of the said animal/creature. We had Crocodile which obviously don't have a crocodile Zoan. Caribou which isn't even close to being a caribou and so on.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    k-dom
    Which boss are talking about? The alleged attacking force/unknown end fight?
    I will answer the first question since i don't understand the second.
    Ah it's so cold, is that you boss ? : This one
    Last edited by k-dom; February 03, 2012 at 06:30 AM.

New Reply
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast