Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

3 1.41%
  • 2 (Average)

6 2.82%
  • 3 (Good)

26 12.21%
  • 4 (Great!)

90 42.25%
  • 5 (Epic!)

79 37.09%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

9 4.23%
New Reply
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 655 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 655 Discussion / 656 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Sumpner View Post
    A Freakin Dragon! Has Oda been playing Skyrim? or Secretly likes Fairy Tail?

This could be a good arc, would love to see Luffy tame the dragon like he did the kraken.

Smoker is also on his way, should keep people in this forum happy, we will definitely see them fight this arc!

Until i saw the Dragon i wasn't sure, but you know what they say...there is no Smoker without Fire!
    I think he does both! that freakin dragon has a massive nostrils! I love to see him tame it. island of fire + winter + dragon + samurai, Oda will never ceased to surprise you!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I would say the chapter is really damn great.
    All the crew was great, but Usopp was the most hilarious this week. Nami and Robin were as sexy as always.
    The Punk Hazard island is totally crazy. There are several posibilities from my part on how this island my be like this:
    1. There was some Government's experiment that provoked such a disaster and it might have been made by Vegapunk. This Island might have been Winter Island, the same as his birthplace and he wanted to try to heat it up with a special system, but then something went wrong and then is what we have now.
    2. There is also an option that it's a natural disaster due to this enormous Dragon. It might have been a Winter Island, but then the Dragon came and started to burn everything or he might have been provoked by the citizens and then destroyed the city with flames.

The interesting thing will be if Luffy manages to tame the Dragon and make him his pet)) Would be really awesome.

Also Zoro was as badass as ever. He is really damn muscular)) Smoker also looks badass and now he has only one ship, thus he won't have any advantage in ship numbers over Mugivaras.

So now it's going to be interesting was it the Dragon who was behind the call? And what's gonna happen.)

And also it's hinted that Luffy's crew will get to Wano Country and we'll see them fighting Samurais and it will make Zoro and Brook progress more.

3. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcassin View Post
    Hello all.

I also think the name of this island (Punk Hazard) is linked with Dr Vegapunk. Maybe the place where its failed experiment would be "stocked" ...

Besides why not for Oars-giants since the skull they saw is bigger than one of a giant !
    It may also be the island where he actually is! Though I doubt it, but we will certainly learn more about him, if only Franky got on the mini Merry he would have noticed similarities in the base with what he saw in his previous laboratory.

Also I love the Icebarg cover and Smoker being absolutely badass I did not mention in my rant post.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 655 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Why shouldn't Usopp be on the ship, his goal was always to become a brave warrior. Him coming with them could be his first big test in the New World.
    I guess, it's a I told you so time :-)
    Poor Usopp, that was so long since he didn't make a disease joke. I'm so happy !

I'm sorry for the guys who wanted Smoker near Luffy. But at least he makes an apparition and he knows where is luffy. What is the range of a black den den mushi already ?

This island is really crazy. I wonder if the Blaze/Winter change will remind luffy of Impel Down hells.

And Razh : CONGRATULATION ! A Dragon appeared after the end of Fishman island. I must apologize mocking your prediction :-))

Although, I wonder if after the whale last week, Oda does not continue is comparison with their entrance in grand line. Having the Strawhat, Smoker and a Dragon in a same chapter feels really nostalgic.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Oni Giri's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

that girl on the cover was at secretary audition
    i love robiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin loled at how she feeds luffy

though i didn't like the drawing of dragon, its still exciting

milky road was good too. i dont know what mugiwaras would do without nami
    Last edited by Oni Giri; February 01, 2012 at 09:53 AM.
    "A crew whose captain lost his dignity will surely collapse" - Roronoa Zoro

8. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Bahrain
    Post Thanks / Like

Could it be this the island which Admirals Akainu & Aokiji fought on?

10. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Poisok2's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved this chapter. The interactions between the crew members, Nami's milky road, the new island, Smoker and Tashigi, Luffy being himself... This chapter is a good example of the things that make me love One Piece.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom2000 View Post
    Nice thought ! Even though I do think this Island is closely related to Vegapunk. Anyway it might be both !

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't think so Tashigi said that place is prohibited because of what happen 4 years ago and those 2 admirals fought 2 year ago(2 year time skip)

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Chapter
    Why do I get the feeling it was the dragon saying he was cold?? And that's why he's burning everything.
    Of course that doesn't explain the person getting stabbed. *sigh* another mystery.
    I wish I had the power to not read One piece for a year.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    The spoiler also talks about Wano country which is where Ryuma killed a real dragon. I think it was more intended that way. And I don't think that revolutionary Dragon would need help.
    I completely forgot about that! And Oda even cared that Brook is the one telling the story. Maybe that Dragon is the one Ryuma killed :O
    Quote Originally Posted by japjapjunjun View Post
    Yeah, but in Oda's short manga "MONSTERS" there are a samurai named Ryuma and a dragon. Like you know, Ryuma was from Wanokuni in One piece. And Wanokuni(Country of Wa) originally means Japan, samurai country
    So a samurai and a dragon here remind us of Wanokuni.
    A whole place melted and cold? Oda has a weird way to talk about the present day in "subtle" manners xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    And Smoker also is heading there... Will he arrive in time or will Luffy get away again?
    It will be cool if He doesn't meet him until Luffy defeats Big Mom. Mostly because we can know the paths most people take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaan View Post
    So, on a island on fire there talking about being cold.... could it be we've found the location of our missing Ex-Admiral?
    As far as the dragon goes.... it'll be tamed or eaten
    Damn. I never thought that possibility. I just thought the island was like that or that Vegapunk invented someway to make it to winter. Just like his homeland kid project which He left it there. :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakazuki View Post
    Was that an Oars flag in the gate?
    Maybe. I did not noticed. Someone has a pic to compare?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakazuki View Post
    Will Luffy tame the dragon like he did with Cerberus and the Kaken?
    This one talks :O
    Quote Originally Posted by marcassin View Post
    Hello all.
    Welcome to this forum! If you have any question I am the mod from here and HxH. Don't hesitate to ask me for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    The interesting thing will be if Luffy manages to tame the Dragon and make him his pet)) Would be really awesome.
    Or his nakama. Just saying.
    (Yes, I'm on fanboy mode now)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni Giri View Post
    that girl on the cover was at secretary audition
    You're awesome for the reminder. :O

WHAT IF the ex-boss Oda said that will join the Mugiwaras was not talking about Jinbei BUT Aokiji? I know, too far-fetched. ._.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Demon's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

When i hear them stay fire and ice, that was the first thing that jumped in my mind aswell! But what the hell is the dragon doing there?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    WHAT IF the ex-boss Oda said that will join the Mugiwaras was not talking about Jinbei BUT Aokiji? I know, too far-fetched. ._.
    The flaf from this chapter is here:

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/59626333/14

And Oars Jr's flag is in the bottom of this page:

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Oars

About the ex-boss part, do you have the lik from where he said this, please? PLEASE!!

20. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter really gives justice to New World's hype. Now I'm even more excited!

many questions are surfacing here...

Could it be Punk Hazard = Wa no kuni? The samurais are there, even a dragon.

I have a wild theory : The government's sign probably means the country has been taken down for a while. But now the wa no kuni and the dragon clans are somehow cooperating to regain control over their country. Thus, It could means Revolutionary Army might have been behind this scene.

my 2 cents.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Shiki_Dance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay! What a fun chapter! I haven't felt like posting comments in some time, but this chapter was too cool to ignore! So many continuity references!

First, I get the impression that the island is supposed to be a winter island, but then Something Happened at that government base to create this flaming disaster zone. I think the base was probably some kind of science lab (I mean, Punk Hazard? Vegapunk?). I would love to hear more about Vegapunk this arc!

There's also the idea that this was where Aokiji and Akainu fought, but if this island was closed 4 years ago and they fought in the last 2 years, then probably not.

Second, Ryuuma and Wanokuni callbacks! We've heard about Wanokuni vaguely before with Ryuuma, who is said to have defeated a dragon when he was still alive. Now we finally get to hear more about Wanokuni, and we even have a dragon (Zoro was wrong! They do exist!). I do not think Punk Hazard and Wanokuni are the same island - Brook said the government stays away from Wanokuni, while here they once had a base.

Is the dragon here on the run from a samurai which is hunting them down? Baseless prediction, but somehow it came to mind...

Ah, I'm so curious! The wait for next week's chapter is going to be difficult!

EDIT: And apparently I type too slow, loads of people said things I just did, haha
    My crazy One Piece theory:
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast