Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who stole the chapter?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pariston

25 52.08%
  • Gon

23 47.92%
New Reply
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 334 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 334 Spoiler Thread

From the way it's described it looks like if Gin won the election as Pariston predicted, Pariston would still be able to get his change to Hunter exam, and presumably bring in his ant soldiers and no one can stop him even if Gin becomes the chairman.

Now he's the chairman but he promised to retract his motion. I got the feeling the plan was to sacrifice the position of the chairman (let Pariston win) to get him to concede on his other plans. After all, if he successfully got the Hunter exam changed, not even the entire organization can stop him after he gets the ant soldiers their Hunter status.

If you look at the strategy involved, both Pariston and Gin assumed initially that Pariston cannot win. Gin predicted a stalemate, and Pariston predicted he'll lose to Gin. The twist should be that Pariston indeed won, but he had to give up his motion to change the Hunter exam (which he was going to do even if he lost) for the victory. I assume he gave it up because he was about to win, so that way it'll look too much like an obvious power grab. I.e. his original plan was probaby like, "It looks like I lost this but I want to make one last change for the good of the Association." Now that he's assured victory, he can't request that without looking like power-hungry.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    No killua in this chapter, I fear the worst for him.
    "The ones who are cursed are those who make the wishes!!"

What could be the worst thing that could happen to Killua, being on the very same state as Gon?
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Reviewer 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member LoneLobo's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Just my 2 cents for a change in a discussion topic

Will Gon meet Ging now?
    I vote for "No"! Why? It would be totally boring. Gon was supposed to hunt him down, which did not really happen... and he also wants to meet Ging together with his best friend, Killua. So I think Gon will turn around or so before a "real meeting" happens. At most they will exchange a few words, or Gon might shout "I will find you for real next time and then I will introduce you to my friend." Meeting Ging now would be like cheating for Gon. I really doubt it will happen.

Memory loss
    Could be, but I doubt it.

Not telling who healed him
    Now, we know that Killua wants to free Alluka. To do this, he has to run away from the family and away from Illumi. Possible scenario: he does not want to get Gon involved in this whole conflict, so he ran away alone (with Alluka). Maybe he even said to Mr. Smoke: "Tell Gon I died on the Ant battlefield."
    Count of One Piece Reviews: 38
    Latest One Piece Review: 658

Expect reviews when the chapter deserves it!

Other Reviews: Fairy Tail 223 | HxH 311, 319-320

Interview featuring... ME =P (check it out )

5. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

My bet is that Alluka's next pestering was that Killua would renounce his own will and take on the family leadership. It would really drive Killua away from Gon, he would be renouncing the freedom to walk with his friend to be an assassin, something he hates. What better "punishment" for Killua than to please the ones that love him in exchange for saving one he loves?

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    "The ones who are cursed are those who make the wishes!!"

What could be the worst thing that could happen to Killua, being on the very same state as Gon?
    I think that there will be an heavy price for Alluka's request. I just don't see such a powerful technique without a huge drawback.
    And for me, the worst price Killua can pay is the following: "Gon will live but your friendship for him will be gone forever."

Something similar to what happened to the wolf in the canadian tv serie "lost girl" ...

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr.danly View Post
    He just explained it, he was just using that as a stalling tactic till Gon arrived.

Perhaps...Though I still think he's up to something.

No, Killua and Alluka ran the hell away. Didn't Killua say that after healing Gon, he would leave his side? And Killua knows that Illumi is still after Alluka, he just told them in their last meeting that Alluka would never be free until Killua revealed all the secrets. And Killua's vowed to protect Alluka from any harm, so he's almost certainly on the run.

Where did Killua say that? Besides Alluka's ability is a give and take. There has to be some consequence for Gon's healing.

He's not going to try and kill him, if that's what you mean, Hisoka just wants to have fun and fight people. Maybe he thinks Gon is "ripe" now, but I doubt Hisoka would challenge Gon this soon.

Well you never know with Hisoka.

How has he obviously lost some of his memories? Nothing in the chapter implied that.

Well for one thing he doesn't realize that he was badly injured. Plus before he was injured he was fighting Pitou who he was really pissed off at for killing Kite. But now he's seemed to completely forgotten about that which is strange since that it was extremely tragic event for him. Also he hasn't asked
    "Hey where's Killua?" (or Kurapica).

Not necessarily, Gyro thus far has been shown to be an abused and extremely strong-willed character, but that's about it. In fact, some of the ants' undying admiration for him seem to imply that he has very good qualities, not an entirely terrible, evil person.
    Gyro's mission is to spread evil across the globe. The dude is evil. People saw good qualities in Hitler but that doesn't make him a good guy.

I'm gonna be really annoyed if Togashi ends it after all this build up.

Not counting the Alluka Arc all we got is speeches and voting percentages.

If it's just gonna end like this then this has been the worst arc ever and Pariston will be the lamest antagonist ever.

But hopefully Togashi isn't gonna disappoint.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sea Hunter's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Pariston for chairman!!!!

Damn i thought he was a genius but he's even way more than that!!!!!11ONEONE

Just read the chapter now so i posted without reading other comments, will read them now :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Gyro's mission is to spread evil across the globe. The dude is evil. People saw good qualities in Hitler but that doesn't make him a good guy.

I'm gonna be really annoyed if Togashi ends it after all this build up.

Not counting the Alluka Arc all we got is speeches and voting percentages.

If it's just gonna end like this then this has been the worst arc ever and Pariston will be the lamest antagonist ever.

But hopefully Togashi isn't gonna disappoint.
    I disagree with you with being this arc being the worst arc yeah we didn't get battle but all the psychological battle with the zodiac and Pariston makes this one of the most unique arc... For me I like all the battle but most of the shounen series are like this what makes HunterXHunter unique because it could have an epic arc of fighting and an epic arc dealing with mind battle...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tobeulp View Post
    I disagree with you with being this arc being the worst arc yeah we didn't get battle but all the psychological battle with the zodiac and Pariston makes this one of the most unique arc... For me I like all the battle but most of the shounen series are like this what makes HunterXHunter unique because it could have an epic arc of fighting and an epic arc dealing with mind battle...
    I haven't said it is the worst arc. I said it WILL be if it just ends like that. But I'm hoping it doesn't end like that and we get the payoff.

Psychological battle? I actually like psychological battles but if the series end like the next chapter then this will just be boring.

The zodiac are joke psychological wise. The only two that have any shred of intelligence is Ging and Pariston and they don't give a crap.
    Cheadle is as dumb as rocks. I don't care how smart the manga says she is. She's an idiot and the dullest character this manga created.
    The only thing worthwhile about the Zodiac are there designs. But even Kanzai who was at one point my favorite Zodiac is now
    just plain lame. There are no real "stakes' in this so called "mind battle". Yeah they made Pariston winning out to be like the worse
    thing in the world but as a reader I have yet to see why. So far all it really is is that Pariston annoys them because they're idiots
    and so they don't want him to win. Yes we have all the "conspiracies" about him but they're just that conspiracies. We don't
    even know if they're true or not. Really as far as we actually know Pariston is just an annoying good guy character. Which would be lame.

The previous arcs of HxH have been FAR more psychological than this one is. This one is just a lot of blabbering.

You know what a REAL psychological battle is? Leorio vs Leroute and I'm not taking about the 1999 anime version
    with that absurd Evil Psychologist Leroute who was all like "Your friends hate you". I mean the manga version
    where she and Leorio are gambling time. THAT was real psychology because it actually MATTERED if Leorio lost
    because it would cause the team to lose time which would risk them losing the Hunter Exam which was
    obviously very important to them considering that they had almost died or risked serious injury a few times
    to obtain an Hunter's License. And there was pretty much no fist fighting action in that "fight."
    That was good psychological entertainment. This arc is just boring. Unless something changes.

But I sincerely hope I'm wrong and this arc is just the beginning of something great.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sea Hunter's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 334 Discussion / 335 Prediction

Actually for me even if the arc (not manga) ends like this it's still the best / most enjoyable arc i ever read among all shounen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Federicoxxx's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder . . if this TRULY the end of "Chairman election Arc"

if it is.. what kind of thing will be the next Objective/Treath to eliminate ?

Jairo?

Pariston Evil plans ?

Illumi Hunt for IT ?

i dunno .but i think Gon ..will prefer not 2 meet.. Ging.. till he is more Strong..

thats exactly what Ging Want too ...

i predict will see a Twist Next chap....

instead of... go Running besides Ging..

Gon will back away..with that Thought.. on his mind,,,

as for Killua.. and Alluka... .now.. Illumi has been witness of such

magnificent Power...the way Back home.. smells like Trouble...

Also ..even if Illumi ..obtain somehow IT power

bet your ass.. he is a Candidate on "HISOKA`S FIGHT CLUB" LIST
    Itachi and Nagato..
    F.A.D
    (Friends After Death)

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Pariston is god.
    But I was alright all along. He, as Ging, plan things as they come.

What was the most weird thing for me is Killua not allowing anyone to tell Gon He saved him. I mean...WHY? He wants to disappear now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Van Burace View Post
    He didn't lose. Gin is optimistic because he knew too far ahead. He knows something Pariston doesn't.
    I'm counting on this too, but I just can't see how He will change the outcome. Unless Gon says "Vote for Leorio" that could actually work for the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    No killua in this chapter, I fear the worst for him.
    Damn, you made me nervous now. O_O
    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Pariston surely is a monster. That's what I call a true villain, if he turns out to be one tough (lol)!
    The most interesting villains are those who you can't exactly tag them as so.
    Boring villains are the ones you immediately hate but because they're just jerks.

What I'm sure right now is that we're not in the climax of this arc...We were just on climax of the election. Now the second wave of events should start to amaze us.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Federicoxxx View Post
    I wonder . . if this TRULY the end of "Chairman election Arc"

if it is.. what kind of thing will be the next Objective/Treath to eliminate ?

Jairo?

Pariston Evil plans ?

Illumi Hunt for IT ?

i dunno .but i think Gon ..will prefer not 2 meet.. Ging.. till he is more Strong..

thats exactly what Ging Want too ...

i predict will see a Twist Next chap....

instead of... go Running besides Ging..

Gon will back away..with that Thought.. on his mind,,,

as for Killua.. and Alluka... .now.. Illumi has been witness of such

magnificent Power...the way Back home.. smells like Trouble...

Also ..even if Illumi ..obtain somehow IT power

bet your ass.. he is a Candidate on "HISOKA`S FIGHT CLUB" LIST

Hopefully it's NOT the end because I really do think this COULD be the best HxH arc.

Basically right now we got build up. But build up is only good if there is pay off.

So far there has been little to no payoff.

But I hope and I expect there will be.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone remembers yu yu hakusho? The manga started being about a spirit detective and then it changed to a full blown martial arts/fighting for the sake of the world manga.... In this particular regard, it would not be THAT weird if gon did meet his dad, a change in focus in the manga would not be all that terrible. Perhaps it would even be interesting to see what gon makes of himself after his goal of finding ging is fulfilled. I do kinda lean towards gon refusing to meet him though, just wanted to make the previous point lol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Man what a chapter....... HxH has been stealing the shounen spotlight for weeks, and it keeps getting better...

Killua made some promise to Gon and his Dad right? I am thinking his disappearing has something to do with it. Gon seemed exactly like before, that makes allukas abilities the strongest in the series...

It will be interesting to see how Gin escapes from the scene, I am sure this will not be their meeting place, Gon might actually initiate that part..

Of course, the highlight of the entire chapter is Pariston, he managed to control so many people, without even using any abilities....
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

New Reply
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast