Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Skyrim has been offically released world wide ( I Believe).

DISCUSS NAO!

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discuss what
    Until I have the cash to buy it I can't discuss nothing
    But I heard that like all bethe games, its buggy as usual..so maybe its better for me to wait for the patch too.
    Oh and the AI is not as smart..again this time.
    Still going to buy it tho

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only played about three hours so far into it and I haven't run into any bugs yet.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

You will, further in the games. Like all bethe games. Tbh, that's not what I was expecting.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I never ran into any Bugs during Fallout 3 before the Patch came and I had went through and completed it. New Vegas I never played that far into it. Brink I never played. Skyrim still no bugs to report.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing you want to talk about is bugs !!!! I didn't want to buy it firstly because I'm not a huge fan of oblivion ... BUT I was surprised. This is easily the game of the year.

The design is top notch. With the design, the music & the realisation, it's for me much better than Oblivion. The gameplay is well thought. It's still not the best in battle but at least it's acceptable right now. And because there was an improvement with the gameplay, I can finally enjoy all the things that made elder scrolls to be the richest RPG out there.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner KaitouYahiko's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never played an Elder Scrolls game, I was thinking about renting Skyrim, as I have no money. What do you guys think? Though I'm sure you'll all probably say to get it, I figured I'd get some opinions first.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KaitouYahiko View Post
    I've never played an Elder Scrolls game, I was thinking about renting Skyrim, as I have no money. What do you guys think? Though I'm sure you'll all probably say to get it, I figured I'd get some opinions first.
    The main issue with elder scrolls games is the gameplay in battle. It's was archaic in Oblivion & it's just acceptable in Skyrim. If you rent the game, you will quickly know if you're going to like it or not ... because the beginning is quite impressive. But doing the whole game while renting seems hard to do, you can play this kind of game for 100 hours easily. After 10 hours, I was still busy with the quests from the first big city ...

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner KaitouYahiko's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm.... I may wait till later. At the moment I'm more interested in saving money and getting Skywards Sword. But I do think at one point I may check out Skyrim.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Skyrim main storyline can be easily done in less then 100 hours though....and it's somewhat a bit dry for my taste but oh well...I liked the Brotherhood of Darkness and the Winterhold College storylines better...

But indeed it's a great game...I didn't buy it though, but if anyone wants to invest in the game, then the best approach is to wait for the patch first, and then install some cool mods to improve the game...

Spoiler: Main quest show
    Last edited by benelori; November 29, 2011 at 06:54 PM.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm unable to play skyrim offline due to steam and because of my low internet connection I will have to wait
    until it finishes patching before I can even play it.
    I thought patch v1.2 is ridiculous and it forces me to have an internet connection in order to play it.
    Ruined my plans
    V1.2 also bans mods if I'm not wrong.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Skyrim main storyline can be easily done in less then 100 hours though....and it's somewhat a bit dry for my taste but oh well...I liked the Brotherhood of Darkness and the Winterhold College storylines better...

But indeed it's a great game...I didn't buy it though, but if anyone wants to invest in the game, then the best approach is to wait for the patch first, and then install some cool mods to improve the game...

Spoiler: Main quest show
    Yeah but the main quest is never the goal of that kind of game. I now played more than 50 hours and I'm still nowhere in the main quest. But after 50 hours, I have to admit that my mage is already too overpowered and I don't see the point anymore in doing side quests. I'm in the middle of the dark brotherhood quests, after I'm finishing with those, I complete the main quest & I stop the game.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    Yeah but the main quest is never the goal of that kind of game. I now played more than 50 hours and I'm still nowhere in the main quest. But after 50 hours, I have to admit that my mage is already too overpowered and I don't see the point anymore in doing side quests. I'm in the middle of the dark brotherhood quests, after I'm finishing with those, I complete the main quest & I stop the game.
    Have you done any Daedric quests? Or Companion ones? I think it's worth UR attention...

There are some pretty cool mods out though, so gameplay improves a lot...

First there are the graphical mods, that came out pretty quickly...face repairs, environment retextures, richer or sharper effects, you can have it all...
    But then there are gameplay mods...new spells, new items, new craftables....make sure to try those out too as well...

What I really like though are the ones that mess with the AI...there's a mod called Deadly Dragons that has an overall AI improver incorporated in it...and it's beautiful...it's really tough to battle dragons...even with an overpowered Dragonbone greatsword and heavy armor...

/lolo luvs it...

Of course Skyrim is the Game of 2011, but I think Witcher has more technical and story telling pluses than Skyrim...the choices in Skyrim are pretty bland...after I decide what to do in the civil war and end it, some NPCs still talk like there's a war going on...Dark Brotherhood questline's end is without effect, even though it's a huuuge development...

Whilst The Witcher 2...it's a technical and story-telling beauty...despite being developed by and indie developer....but I guess the open world full of adventure fares better, then story...

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

Anyways...do you dislike anything about Skyrim? Like in design for example...I loathe the Daedric armor/weapon set...I think it looks awful...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool, a Skyrim thread. I'm a level 12 female Nord. From the very start, I intended on making her an assassin and eventually joining the dark brotherhood, so all I did was sneak everywhere I went in order to get my sneak skill up; you never know when those wolves would appear. Now my sneak level is in the fifties while most of my other skills haven't left 15 lol.

After seeing a friend of mine play the story mode of the game prior to me getting it, I decided that I wasn't gonna follow the game story line because it was hella boring, so what I did was kill my first quest giver and was subsequently unable to continue the game story line lol. I also decided to wipe out the entire town on a whim. Now I'm like a missing ninja just wondering about killing everyone. I recently decided to join the dark brotherhood. It was clearly my destiny. I find this path so much more enjoyable that the story mode my friend was playing.
    Last edited by Freid; January 15, 2012 at 01:28 AM.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    Cool, a Skyrim thread. I'm a level 12 female Nord. From the very start, I intended on making her an assassin and eventually joining the dark brotherhood, so all I did was sneak everywhere I went in order to get my sneak skill up; you never know when those wolves would appear. Now my sneak level is in the fifties while most of my other skills haven't left 15 lol.

After seeing a friend of mine play the story mode of the game prior to me getting it, I decided that I wasn't gonna follow the game story line because it was hella boring, so what I did was kill my first quest giver and was subsequently unable to continue the game story line lol. I also decided to wipe out the entire town on a whim. Now I'm like a missing ninja just wondering about killing everyone. I recently decided to join the dark brotherhood. It was clearly my destiny. I find this path so much more enjoyable that the story mode my friend was playing.
    Nice...you will find the Dark Brotherhood storyline very entertaining, that much I guarantee...I think it's the best story in the game...you should do some Thieves Guild quests as well...the armor that you get near the end of the Thieves Guild questline is really good and it will work well with the assassin image you are creating

On my first partial playthrough I played with a mage/assassin dark elf...it was a lot of fun...sniping people, or cutting their throats from time to time...if that didn't work then the fireball just did its job

I found that it's a bit boring to level up just one type of skills....combining classes is what really makes it fun
    Last edited by benelori; January 16, 2012 at 04:13 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast