Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Tamura Ryuuhei Info and Interviews~

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Tamura Ryuuhei Info and Interviews~

Tamura-sensei was spotted in Taiwan at an anime convention! Not only did he give an interview, he was even signing autographs!

Because the interview was originally published in Chinese, I am posting the script here. I would be really grateful if someone could translate it. Keep in mind this article was published in August 2011.

Spoiler show

The original article has lots of pictures as well: http://gnn.gamer.com.tw/0/56590.html
    Last edited by Teeba; June 22, 2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: added a bigger picture.

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tamura Ryuuhei Info and Interviews~

Fuu, those lucky........!!
    Someone plz translate it soon!
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be wonderful if someone could translate it! I tried using Google Translator just to get an idea, and all I got out of it was:

-Definitely a question about Furuichi's importance in the manga
    -Why is Oga's love life so complicated (answer: Because Tamura-sensei wants to give the shippers a hard time, I'm sure)

I saw Hilda and Aoi's names pop up as well. I think it would be cool to read Tamura-sensei's hints about the Akumano Academy raid before it actually happened...it could give us an insight if there was indeed any editorial meddling or not. >_>

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's what I got off of google translate, If anyone feels like making sense of this though, be my guest, cause I ain't doin it (Too lazy)

Spoiler show
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, thank you for posting the Google Translator version. It was a very amusing read! And shockingly....some of it was readable!

Again, this is the farthest thing from a translation, but I'll post what I got out of it anyway.

-The first part of the interview is just talking about who Tamura-sensei is, and how publishing manga in Japan works.
    -Tamura-sensei's editor was also present (he's named "Zebian" in the translation), and he has been working with the mangaka since the beginning.
    -Apparently the editor thought the concept was "genius" when it was first presented to him.
    -Tamura-sensei is extremely punctual with his names and deadlines. (I knew it, the man is a workaholic!)
    -Whenever he gets a writers block he either takes a nap or goes for a walk outside.
    -Tamura-sensei says the serious battles are a good complement to the comedy, and he likes to switch it up to prevent monotony.

Interview (since this is not a translation, I am not sticking to a Q&A format):

Spoiler show

Again, I maybe understood like, 40% or 50% of the translation. But for the gist of it, I think the interview was pretty straightforward. Though Tamura is totally trolling the shippers!
    Last edited by Teeba; February 08, 2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Sorted out my grammar.

8. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

When Tamura was in Taiwan, he draw a picture of Oga and Beel for the audience. Akiyama posted it on vimeo, so I hope the embed works.

---------- Post added May 29, 2012 at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was May 27, 2012 at 09:30 PM ----------

Tamura's comments from the volumes, as translated from German to English by Black Hawk. Thank you!

Quote Quote:
    From Volume 3: During my working time, i dream often the Chapter is already been done. But when i woke up, i recognise the Paper is still empty.

From Volume 4: I get messgaes from my Fans, about some mistakes i am done. Its start from false Finger, Item them a disappear too fals placed Earrings.
    Stop it, it´s enough!!!! Ohh By that i mean me.

From Volume 5: I´m reluctant to go to the denitst. Only if i have some toothache, i run to the dentist. If the pain goes away, i doesnt care about it. Maybe if i can exchange my points for some great stuff ..... No, not even then i will haunt the dentist

From Volume 6: How fast time flies. The Series is already going on one Year and this is my six Volume. This number is nothing in comparison to the weight that I gained, in the past time. I think i have a problem.

From Volume 9: I need music while im painting. If i let then hang down my earphone careless, while im watching around. Sometimes this could happen. (picture above, You see one headphone dip into the inkpot)

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Extras from Manga Volumes

From Volume 7: It´s Summer. I don´t get summer feeling, i only sit here and draw day in day out. Onyl the drinks are summery.

From Volume 8: Beelzebub was implemented as an anime TV series. Of course I owe you, the loyal fans and my team that I always offer advice and assistance. So again a very big thank you! I will continue to give everything.
    Last edited by Teeba; June 26, 2012 at 03:16 AM.

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post

Tamura-sensei was spotted in Taiwan at an anime convention! Not only did he give an interview, he was even signing autographs!

Because the interview was originally published in Chinese, I am posting the script here. I would be really grateful if someone could translate it. Keep in mind this article was published in August 2011.

Spoiler show

The original article has lots of pictures as well: http://gnn.gamer.com.tw/0/56590.html
    It kinda goes like this. Starting from 3rd paragraph.
    Beelzebub "story to describe a bad students" picked up "a baby, but never imagined that this baby is actually the devil sent to destroy humanity" devil "? ! The author Tamura Ryuhei put down the weekly serials, specially come to Taiwan's participation in the of this diffuse Bo event. As also adapted for the animation, and animation agency Kapok invited on the same day to performing seiyuu organizing stage events.

Editor Tamura Ryuhei like a lot of new cartoonists is personally Nazhu to work to publishers recommend their editor had to help him see the manuscript that he really is a genius, so I started working with him journey. Just did not expect to start cooperation, only to find the teacher even though it can create attractive role, but not very good at these elements are combined into a complete story, and the results while they discussed the proposal is editor-in-chief to fight back votes, the two of them so often will with similar drinking about each other can not be reconciled.

Initially in the game to get better, and published in the form of a single back end of the " Beelzebub " magazine , in fact, spent a long time can not be carried out
    smoothly serial. "And the responsibility for editing constantly discussed but can not be carried out smoothly, and I are thinking about whether it should continue, our proposal is passed, then really happy to turn over, but in fact pleased that a fairly short time, because in determining serial , but also inform the date of the deadline ... and then immediately entered a busy stage (laughs). "recalls Tamura Ryuhei   Substantially each time from the outline to the finalization of a week's time, which probably spend three days in the idea of the story, part of finalization need about four days time, although his favorite is the idea of the story, to help role they want lines, but also to have carried out the flow of the situation. Whenever the bottlenecks encountered when he would take a nap or go out for a walk to converted mood. Editor, The Tamura teacher is quite punctual cartoonist always strictly Deadline deadlines.

" Beelzebub "This work is mainly want to let readers find it interesting that, after reading it, I felt very happy, but the Tamura and teachers take into account purely so it is too monotonous, why they joined the fight serious story, these levels in complementary under, become works we see now.   Associated visit as cartoonist Tamura Ryuhei media and stage live Q & finishing. Q: As a first overseas trip, is also the first overseas signature, what feelings do? Tin (hereinafter referred to as the "field"): the first time in Taiwan, found that seem in many places and people communicate in Japanese, I feel very surprised and also very convenient. All very delicious food, the dumplings like more delicious to not work ...... Editor: you do not gain weight back to Japan (laughs). Tian: true, would be fat. There is Taiwan people are very gentle, kind of able to Taiwan's nice feeling. Then really nervous before the start of the signature will ......

Q: Will the teacher have seen Beelzebub animation, it?

Tian: I watch every week timing Oh. Actually a week before on television, editorial department will first send my animation DVD tape, but after reading still time to watch television animation, each episode is actually will look twice. I feel great, the characters in the animated version of the move see, for example, sometimes talking all the time, on a kind of "ah" Bu Po, the original here say ah ~ ~ " feeling (laughs).   Said the overseas edition of Bu Po diapers, in fact, in the Japanese animated version he is naked Oh, so we are also quite curious about the overseas edition of the animation in the end is what! Q: " Beelzebub "as there are many other JUMP works Terrier Is this teacher a way to pay homage to the predecessors? Tian: In fact, I did not think so much, purely because those works are to accompany my childhood growing up, so I believe that many readers of the same generation and I are familiar with some of those works, and therefore would like to say if able stems to use in the works, should resonate with many people.

Signature will be carried out in

Q: May I ask in the name of the Japanese in the works "べruぜバブ" have any special meaning? Also, whether what inspiration from classic works the "strap wolf"?

Tian: "バブ(A pair puff)" represented by the word in Japanese, is actually the sound of the small baby also can not speak (with similar Chinese "babbling to" performance), so the title directly in the small baby Beelzebub followedバSTAB "(laughs). Strap wolf "this work is quite famous, but I did not go in-depth research, I should want to " Beelzebub "and it is not much related, but perhaps is somewhat related to the idea of the name?

Fans elaborate cards

Q: Why does the teacher set foot on the cartoonist road?

Tian: In fact, I began to see friends find it very interesting and it will start trying to draw comics, and later the more draw more interest, and finally to become a cartoonist. The digression original painting his friend, is now doing the work and of cartoonist fully eight pole Dabu Zhao relations. Q: Will the popular first feelings for " Beelzebub "for the comic strip magazine in Taiwan recently is it? Tian: Really? ! Really very happy. This work, although just launched, once popular first, but after has been very difficult to get the first place, so in fact you want to get the first place has been turned into a dream I. Also heard before this work in Taiwan has been able to remain in the top three, and even won the first place, really happy, I did not expect their dreams this way in Taiwan reached (laughs). Q: Will the teacher favorite characters in the works, who is it? Tian: I like the most is the protagonist, Oga and Bu Po combination. But in fact, the best painting is the role of the ancient city, this role seems to have a lot of my own shadow in the inside (laughs). Q: This work a lot of stupid-like role, whether the teacher set role with reference to the family and friends around? Tian: In fact, I mostly take their own when the template, these guys are the future will be more stupid (laughs). In addition, the use of the reader's perspective, create a plain, unlike the stars can be so powerful ancient city. I think the ancient city he was like a woman, even if the start of the Gifted immediately stopped personality, never becomes stronger!

Editor cordial autograph session in

Q: Speaking of ancient city, it is curious that he is exactly like what type of women? While he and Aram Deron's ambiguous relationship between what is going on?

Tian: I think the ancient City he likes mature women this is determined, but did set the role he is oppressed by everyone, and so will become this situation (laughs). As for he and Aram Deron's relationship, in fact, I really do have no thought, just did not expect it seemed animation special emphasis on the relationship between the two of them? Q: Will the teacher has their own preferences for women, projected in the works heroine "Hilde" who? Tian: about, right? In fact, I'm not sure, but such a strong feeling that I quite like. Editor: In fact, this type of role in the past is relatively small in the teacher's works appear, usually appears girls are more lovely type. Q: So the teacher actually like Hilde this type of female, Bang sticks Kwai types of women? If you marry for his wife, will choose which one? Tian: This question really hard to answer ... (thinking), wife and marry do another completely different (more distress).

Fans through translation would want to say to convey to the teacher

Q: This year the teachers involved in drawing planning JUMP planned for the Japanese earthquake, draw one filled with laughter Figure teachers want to convey what words to everyone?

Tian: In fact, I'm in the mood when drawing a photograph of the picture is very heavy, but because you want to bring vitality, so even the usually hard to come by Hilde smile, bright smile, and hope that we can look at little strength to after how many replies like. Q: This also works with the performance " Beelzebub "Animation seiyuu same comic Expo in signature activities are organized, what three between there will be what kind of interaction? Tian: this fact, we privately will get together for dinner, go back to Japan flight is the same. In fact, before I Mr. Konishi has been recognized, so sometimes his difficulties on voiceover For example, the lines somewhat confused when, will send text messages and I discussed.

Tamura Ryuhei signature

Q: What is the story of " Beelzebub "there will be what kind of development?

Tian: Yan Wang has a comprehensive declaration of war, so I thought that after the devil and will start a melee between the human and the campus, and ultimately, the battle scenes. Of course, although the battle, but it is not really that serious stuff, because the flame king like electric, so may also use the electric showdown like more fun fighting Oh.

I dont really know much of the rest. But some of it should goes like this. I really hope it helps cause i loooove beelzebub too

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply