Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 71

Thread: Gantz 358 Discussion/359 Prediction Thread

  1. #31
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 358 Discussion/359 Prediction Thread

    Kei's battle isn't odd at all.

    One of the main theme's in gantz thats been here since the first ISSUE, was whether or not we are the good guys.

    The aliens have been qusetioning the gantzers since day one, like when the Onion alien saw his son killed and was screaming at Katou about why he would kill his son for no reason. (I implied that, but obviously the dad wasn't to happy about his son being murdered)

    In the Buddha mission, the 1000 arm ingests one of the gantzers brain so he can specifically ask "why the fuck are you killing innocent aliens?"

    Remember when the alien got revenge on Kei and KILLED HIS ENTIRE CLASS?

    So yeah........of course the gantzers are comming off as antagonists. Its been that way the entire manga.

    And yes its already established in the manga that only the aliens know who these gantzers are.

    The entire human population has been lead to believe that the gantzers are terrorist working to stop the negotiation between the aliens and the people. That very fact lets you know that the aliens know damn well who the gantzer are. The aliens are lying the humans of the world to get them to WILLINGLY come to the mother ship so they can be harvested.

    The female alien I felt is helping tae because Kei showed the alien that theres no real difference between the two species. That they are one in the same. Hopefully that can foreshadow happy ending between the two species, but this is gantz so thats highly unlikely.

    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/3914/ga...by_whatever/17

    Thats what she used to think of humans. Big change no?

    Seems there are more people thinking that the gantz technology was sent by the aliens. No one can disprove this theory of course but what I will say is this.

    I fucking hope thats not the case. Thats just shitty writing if you ask me "Hurr derrr we are gonna give these insects technology that can be used to kill us, so we can learn how to kill them. Hurrrr derrrrrr. Stepping on them is just to easy, lets give them equal fighting power hurrr derrr"

    I dunno, if you think thats a clever idea, more power to you. I really hope Oku is a better writer than that.

    ---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Oku made the alien robots bigger than normal, he already did that with the gantz robots.
    I dont know what you mean by making the gantz robot bigger?

    Do you mean to say that the robot in the Osaka arc and these robots are one in the same?

    I dunno about that.
    Last edited by kliff2004; February 24, 2012 at 04:42 PM.

  2. #32
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Darthdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 358 Discussion/359 Prediction Thread

    So , Reika is now rly dead ... was unexpected ... well we all know that ll end up with reviving her but wow she is rly dead and now the scene is moving to the big battle , thats nice but i want to see more about the creators of gantz , those german freaks ...

  3. #33
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    My home
    Country
    Peru
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 358 Discussion/359 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    I dont know what you mean by making the gantz robot bigger?

    Do you mean to say that the robot in the Osaka arc and these robots are one in the same?

    I dunno about that.
    I can't say for sure that they are the exact kind of reward but i can say that they look exactly the same and i already compared both robots since they first appeared in the 353. Damn, it even has a cockpit with the flying unit (bike) inside of it.

    It could be a more "advanced" reward of the 100 point menu, or somehow the zaibatsu made the robots bigger...but they look the same except bigger.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

    心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

    06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

  4. #34
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 358 Discussion/359 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    I can't say for sure that they are the exact kind of reward but i can say that they look exactly the same and i already compared both robots since they first appeared in the 353. Damn, it even has a cockpit with the flying unit (bike) inside of it.

    It could be a more "advanced" reward of the 100 point menu, or somehow the zaibatsu made the robots bigger...but they look the same except bigger.
    if kei 1 is sitting in a flying unit while piolting that thing, Ill bite and say its a bigger version.

    I have such a hard time seeing things in gantz at times.

    Its either to much clutter, or to much black, or osmething.

  5. #35
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 358 Discussion/359 Prediction Thread

    Was still a little beside myself about how the last chapter was handled, but hopefully we're progressing a bit.
    Nice that Kei2 didn't just wander off and disappear.

    Kaze's still a bro.

    More Mary/Kaze shipper fuel.

    Guess they didn't forget about the invader's city renovators. Hope to see a bit more of Cherry soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post

    Seems there are more people thinking that the gantz technology was sent by the aliens.
    I guess there's the theory that the aliens didn't intend for Heinz to pick up their signals.
    Last edited by York; February 24, 2012 at 11:33 PM.

  6. #36
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner eddyb16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 358 Discussion/359 Prediction Thread

    okay i am a bit confused with the alien ships kei1 and others are battling.... are the ships being punched or damaged any way by kei's mecha? or are they simply crashing against buildings and blowing up near the mechas? the art is so confusing now

    also im pretty sure zaibatsu knows about kei's situation to be known as THE terrorist, i wouldn't be surprised if they are taking advantage of it, which led to the sending of kei1 to the mecha... idk but im getting the feeling the zaibatsu are working on something big right now, maybe this is just a decoy... or maybe they just wanna put the blame on kei1 and his group to not gather any unwanted attention

  7. #37
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro's Gantz Room
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    628
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 358 Discussion/359 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Not the rock one, the foot soldiers. http://www.mangareader.net/97-1364-4...apter-202.html He's holding a gun. And judging from how the corpses look, it was done with the gun. Oh yeah and here's a better shot of him having one during the mission. http://www.mangareader.net/97-1364-5...apter-202.html Then after that he put the gun on the floor while talking to Takeshi.
    Somehow I had never noticed that! Thanks for pointing it out!

  8. #38
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 358 Discussion/359 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by eddyb16 View Post
    okay i am a bit confused with the alien ships kei1 and others are battling.... are the ships being punched or damaged any way by kei's mecha? or are they simply crashing against buildings and blowing up near the mechas? the art is so confusing now

    also im pretty sure zaibatsu knows about kei's situation to be known as THE terrorist, i wouldn't be surprised if they are taking advantage of it, which led to the sending of kei1 to the mecha... idk but im getting the feeling the zaibatsu are working on something big right now, maybe this is just a decoy... or maybe they just wanna put the blame on kei1 and his group to not gather any unwanted attention
    lol, I thought he just punched them. I've given up at times trying to figure out what IM seeing in a Gantz issue, cause they are so cluttered.

    I want to know what those damned Zaibatsu are doing.

    They were so fuckin interesting, and yet they haven't been shown in a friggen year or something.

    I dont think it's them that sent Kei1 to the mecha, I think its the germanz. Well, assuming its the germanz that organised everyones missions since gantz started that is.

  9. #39
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Darthdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 358 Discussion/359 Prediction Thread

    Is this mound of earth a grave for Reika ?

  10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #40
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 358 Discussion/359 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    Seems there are more people thinking that the gantz technology was sent by the aliens. No one can disprove this theory of course but what I will say is this.

    I fucking hope thats not the case. Thats just shitty writing if you ask me "Hurr derrr we are gonna give these insects technology that can be used to kill us, so we can learn how to kill them. Hurrrr derrrrrr. Stepping on them is just to easy, lets give them equal fighting power hurrr derrr"

    I dunno, if you think thats a clever idea, more power to you. I really hope Oku is a better writer than that.
    you're right, no one can disprove that. though Sebastian gives the reporter an explanation that's unknown if it was real or not. even coming up with the excuse that everything we know is a lie and that the Gantz world is not too far off from the movie The Matrix.
    one thing Sebastian and Heinz's story did have in common was that the "aliens" that the technology came from was not being given to the humans because of that reason that you stated. in here, Sebastion gives a theory. that Heinz's daughter due to her irregular mental state is able to receive and relay signals from the Akashic records. from what I've gathered, is an all knowing source of data library (or something like that), that has data of past, current, and future information, and not just of earth but from the rest of the universe. (i hope i got it correctly, anyone do feel free to correct me as I'm also curious whether i got the basic idea of it or something).
    whether the numeric code she received was from a future earth, is unknown. whether the numeric code came from a past, current, or a civilization and/or species that have yet to exist is also unknown. whether what Sebastian said is true or not, is unknown, but this is all the information we're giving.
    and of course, that bit about the Matrix, so we can all just assume that Kei will be Neo, where he and his girl dies but saves all of humanity, and he can fly and stop bullets.
    Last edited by playerdude; February 26, 2012 at 06:04 AM.

  12. #41
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 358 Discussion/359 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by playerdude View Post
    you're right, no one can disprove that. though Sebastian gives the reporter an explanation that's unknown if it was real or not. even coming up with the excuse that everything we know is a lie and that the Gantz world is not too far off from the movie The Matrix.
    one thing Sebastian and Heinz's story did have in common was that the "aliens" that the technology came from was not being given to the humans because of that reason that you stated. in here, Sebastion gives a theory. that Heinz's daughter due to her irregular mental state is able to receive and relay signals from the Akashic records. from what I've gathered, is an all knowing source of data library (or something like that), that has data of past, current, and future information, and not just of earth but from the rest of the universe. (i hope i got it correctly, anyone do feel free to correct me as I'm also curious whether i got the basic idea of it or something).
    whether the numeric code she received was from a future earth, is unknown. whether the numeric code came from a past, current, or a civilization and/or species that have yet to exist is also unknown. whether what Sebastian said is true or not, is unknown, but this is all the information we're giving.
    and of course, that bit about the Matrix, so we can all just assume that Kei will be Neo, where he and his girl dies but saves all of humanity, and he can fly and stop bullets.
    HOLY FLYING ASS FUCK MAN!

    I dont know why I never fuckin saw that before. But then that explains everythign.

    I'm not familiar with the "akasha Chronicle"

    But I've read about various real life accounts of people whom claim to be Psychic, and that are able to tap in to this "realm of pure information" Some people referred to it as the "archives of Atlantis" where all knowable knowledge of the universe is stored.

    If thats what they are referencing then, that explains everything there is to know about where the information is coming from. Thats a literal written explaination by oku himself.

    I've talked about this subject in various classes through my college experience, and I had always liked the idea that, knowledge is something that exists independent of us, and we attempt to acquire it through whatever means we can.

    This girl goes above and beyond research or "learning" taps into the concept of knowledge.

    Thats so fucking cool mean, i never noticed that part THANK YOU =)

    I guess what oku is trying to say is that god exists, but not in the way we perceive it.

    God is the capacity of what is capable of happening in the universe. If you can harness that information, then the harnes the power of what it is to be a god.

    Which I guess was why Sebastian was killing all those people. "is this world just a playground for the devil"

    Well thats what happens with great power. You either use it for good (be god) or evil (be a devil)
    Last edited by kliff2004; February 26, 2012 at 09:02 PM.

  13. #42
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jiraiya's hair
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 358 Discussion/359 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthdevil View Post
    Is this mound of earth a grave for Reika ?
    I think it was a flower bed. We didn't see them actually bury Reika and they don't have shovels.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

  14. #43
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 358 Discussion/359 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    I dont think we have a frame of reference yet.

    It looks to me like kei 1 is looking down on them.
    Judging by the buildings, the gantzer's robots barely match the alien skyscrapers. While the alien robots seem to match/exceed the height of what's in the area and they're still partly in the water.

  15. #44
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Darthdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 358 Discussion/359 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by warbandit66 View Post
    I think it was a flower bed. We didn't see them actually bury Reika and they don't have shovels.
    Yeah we didnt see them bury her , but Kurono kneels to it and we cant see her body , so it seems like she is buried in it .

  16. #45
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 358 Discussion/359 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by warbandit66 View Post
    I think it was a flower bed. We didn't see them actually bury Reika and they don't have shovels.
    I doubt they would need a shovel to dig a hole. Kaze probably just punched the ground and mad a hole >__>

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts