Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: Underrated J/K Pop Artists?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Underrated J/K Pop Artists?

There's plenty of infamous Artists that gain a lot of recognition (world-wide) but what about those who are really talented and gifted in singing/performing but fail to reach the heights that one would expect them to naturally obtain/reach? :O

Have you ever come across a band/group/singer/musician that you feel deserves more recognition, fan support and love? xD Their music may be the best you've ever heard in a long time but why aren't there more people listening to them?

Share your thoughts and discuss them with us in this thread!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most underrated J/K Pop Artists???

This is my chance to promote! *ahem* I'm a fan of 80kidz: it's an electronic indie duo that remixes other artists and makes (mostly) instrumental songs. They have several upbeat songs that gets you in the mood to dance, work-out or wake you up on your morning commute to school/work.

My favourite songs by them are:
    -- Go Mynci
    -- Miss Mars
    -- Life Begins at Eighty
    -- Remix of MGMT's Kids

Here is their lastfm profile. They don't have a Wikipedia page. D:

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Underrated J/K Pop Artists?

I've recently been listening to a lot of AZU. I think she's really good and I love her voice She has so many good songs and has sung for popular anime like Naruto and Gintama, yet her sales are soooo pathetic Why, Japan, why!?!

Here are some of my favorite songs by her:
    For You
    Ima Sugu ni...
    I Will
    Anata ni Aitakute
    You & I
    Tsuyoku Tsuyoku
    In My Life
    Jikan yo Tomare

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Erza Scarlet's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Last year I knew a k-pop boyband called U-kiss, and I really like them because their style is so cool, they are so handsome and talented, and I don't understand why they are underrated, their dancing skills are good, and they really can sing and dance at the same time, actually their voices are better on live and they aren't like other boybands that can't sing well on live due the lack of oxigen. But they haven't won any award and it's so unfair D:

these are my favourites songs:

Tick Tack (first japanese single)
    Neverland
    Forbidden love
    DoraDora
    Shut up

Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

J-Min. Fo' sure. She sang the first opening of the K-Drama "To The Beautiful You". She's an artist under SM Entertainment, the same company that houses K-pop giants such as Super Junior, TVXQ, BoA, Girls' Generation, SHINee, f(x) and EXO. SMEnt always give their new artists such extravagant debuts, but I just feel that she was kinda swept under the rug. She's really talented, yet her debut didn't really make much of an impact and then she started to promote in Japan instead of building a strong presence in Korea first. :/

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally have someone to mentioned here.

For me, at this point, it's definitely 4MEN. They are an old R&B ballad Korean boy group, debuted back in 1998 but still survived until now despite changing members many times. 4MEN doesn't have 4 members now like the name, though. There's only 3, but all 3 are brilliant singers. They have this unique voice, power, emotion, arrangement, everything... They releases albums, singles, even soundtracks under the group name or as a solo singer. That quality... and this kind of music you don't get to see so often because the popular boy/girlbands and high-beat songs... 4MEN is just too awesome. <3

I posted their latest song at the Current Favorite K-Song, a ballad titled "Propose Song". My other favorite songs are "Can I Love Again" feat Davichi, "Like Snow" feat Ben (Bebe Mignon), "Thank You", soundtracks for K-drama 'Bad Guy' and 'Faith'. *__*

This is a YouTube channel containing some of their songs >> http://www.youtube.com/user/Voice0f4Men

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently discovered Aimer through the Zankyou no Terror ED. I was drawn to her voice in Dareka, Umi wo. and listened to her other songs on Youtube. They were also good, but unfortunately it doesn't seem as if she's that well known in Japan. It's a shame because she's quite talented and would provide a breath of fresh air to the stagnant J-Pop scene. It also helps that the way she sings and the type of songs she has would appeal to the West.

Hopefully Zankyou no Terror would introduce other people to her as well. She still seems fairly new so there will probably be more opportunities for her to promote herself.

New Reply