Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter RPG: Sign-up & Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter RPG: Sign-up & Discussion

Heron:
    Spoiler show

Megaman:
    Quote Quote:
    On the range thing, you're right, I should have been more specific. Honestly, I'll leave it up to you to decide a fair range, as I can't decide on one. What do you think is possible/realistic range for a Transmuter?
    I'm not sure either to be honest. :P given that each blast hasn't got that much nen put into it, I'd probably say only a few metres or so. That being the case it'd be a mid-range technique than a long one. We can play it by ear though. I guess that's what we're doing with everyone's abilities to begin with anyway. :P

Quote Quote:
    On the mirror thing, I meant that, instead of it simply showing the reflection like a regular mirror, it's images show something that corresponds to the environment, like those ninja-wallpapers (don't know the name), in a sense. Basically, unless you see Sora on the other side of the mirror, it's impossible to discern it from the actual enviroment solely with the vision.
    Ah okay, so it's not so much a mirror as a Texture Surprise that can only be used under certain conditions. That's fine.

Hunter:
    Quote Quote:
    Any chance I could use this character instead? It was the first nen ability I came up with and I really like the character a lot more than the other. If not Amparo is ok, but I think Lukannon would be way more fun.
    Sure! Everything here's fine. (I would have been confused by this description of your Hatsu had I not read it before in the Hatsu thread. :P) Lol, Lukannon is not going to like this first Hunt.

NFW:
    Quote Quote:
    The strengthening conditions would be to play better and faster. The better Random plays, the greater damage the nen-balls inflict. The faster he plays, the more nen-balls he chucks.
    Oh yes, of course. My bad - misunderstood what you meant.

Out of curiosity, is there any way that Random can make people besides himself fly? By providing them with nen "seats" of their own or letting him sit on the pads or anything?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

@Bio:
    Spoiler show

@Umbral Veil:
    Aaaaaah, it got accepted, w00t! \o/
    Spoiler show

Remind me if I forget something to clear, for I made this post while extremely hungry. ;x
    Now, if you gentleman excuse me, I'm in need of some nutrients. Feijoada, ahoy! \o/

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Thanks for letting me change. The character will be looking to adjust to life in society, so even if he is a bit quiet (he is always thinking a lot) it's just because most social situations are fairly new to him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Ah okay, so it's not so much a mirror as a Texture Surprise that can only be used under certain conditions. That's fine.
    Well, the "mirror" part actually means it "mirrors" the environment, instead of the usual meaning one understands from the word mirror. And also, because it looks like a mirror

And yeah, I don't think there really needs to be a specific distance to Blue Blast's range, it just needs to be known that it doesn't get too far. As you said, it's a mid-range technique, so we'll go with what works when/if the time comes :P

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Tame

I forgot: Random's "drum set" is a basic drum set consisting of 1 hi-hat, 1 snare, 2 toms, 1 floor tom, 1 crash cymbal, 1 ride cymbal, and 2 bass drums (when seated). All in all: 7 or 9 pads present.

If Random would give other people nen-seats I don't think he needs the Hatsu itself but he could probably just send nen-pads large enough for a person to sit on and maintain them, just like any other Emission guy could probably do.

Lukannon reminded me of Ted Kaczynski for some reason.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

heron:
    Spoiler show

@NoFreakingWay: Two bass drums?! Ridiculous! :P That's cool though. The ability to carry others might come in very useful for one part of this mission.

As I said, I might not be around this weekend but I'll be back by Monday to start this baby!! Minor spoilers ahead:
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I'll make the modifications and repost.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW, story-wise, will our characters know each other's abilities?

Just for curiosity though, I don't really have any problem whether they do or don't.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegamanX195 View Post
    BTW, story-wise, will our characters know each other's abilities?

Just for curiosity though, I don't really have any problem whether they do or don't.
    I think not until they use it...I mean, it's almost a rule in HxH keeping your abilities a secret, cause talking too much is asking to get outsmarted and, subsequently, killed

Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Tame

Two bass drums is for, fast bass drumming. The likes of which you can hear on most metal bands nowadays.

And uh, here's a little something extra for the RPG.

Spoiler show

That's Random, my character.

Back at Tame's old nexgear HXH RPG, I used to draw characters. Including NPCs. So here's a little continuation of something can now call a tradition.

If you guys want to have your character drawn just post a reply and include a clear physical description of your character. If I happen to draw your character and you didn't like it, I could always post another drawing, or I could completely take it down.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, I've typed up the first post but my computer is being slow as shit and won't let me post it. I'm gonna try again in the morning when it'll be more cooperative.

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds cool. Randomson looks pretty bad-ass. Lukannon has very few clothes. He is always shirtless with baggy cagro shorts. He sports a hairy face (sloppy, thin yet full mustache and beard) with sharp features (fairly large gold eyes, bit of a sharp nose, little bit of pointed ears), very sloppy looking, toothy smile, short but shaggy/messy haircut; fairly dark skinned (because of time in the sun), lean and muscular frame. He likes to carry a small satchel with him to store herbs that don't fit in his pocket.

Is this enough of a description?

Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter2323 View Post
    Sounds cool. Randomson looks pretty bad-ass. Lukannon has very few clothes. He is always shirtless with baggy cagro shorts. He sports a hairy face (sloppy, thin yet full mustache and beard) with sharp features (fairly large gold eyes, bit of a sharp nose, little bit of pointed ears), very sloppy looking, toothy smile, short but shaggy/messy haircut; fairly dark skinned (because of time in the sun), lean and muscular frame. He likes to carry a small satchel with him to store herbs that don't fit in his pocket.

Is this enough of a description?
    It's enough I guess. I tried to draw Lukannon using the earlier description you gave but somehow I think I was pretty off. And yes I was off. I was honestly thinking Lukannon looks like Ubo. Now I have a totally different image. I'm thinking he looks like a cage fighter. Not that cage fighters look sloppy and messy but I think Lukannon has that intimidating cage fighter look. About the haircut though, it would have been great if you could give an example of a character that uses that haircut you have in mind. This is the same problem I had when I was trying to draw Denis Galbuster. I thought he looked like an older Gon with DragonBall Z hair. I would have wanted a more detailed description.

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=XwGxXHtQ3ED

I was thinking something like this pic. The character just got his first haircut and he kept changing his mind so it is just short, maybe uneven, and sloppy because he never really brushes or cuts it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll upload my own pic in a bit, I had drew one but it got lost... so I'll either find it or draw a new one(I could probaby do better anyway XD)
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

New Reply
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast