Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter RPG: Sign-up & Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter RPG: Sign-up & Discussion

I never got a chance to say this, but good job on dennis, I laughed how he kinda has DBZ hair XD

sorry for not posting in a while, I'll go post in a bit.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    Yeah, I've been planning some action to come up when they land, but the dialogue's going really smoothly right now, so I don't want to interrupt it! ^_^

I've drawn the first map (the one Dietrich's just shown them) but I forgot to take it out with me so I didn't end up going to the library to scan it in - sorry!! I'll try and do it tomorrow.

NFW, when Random suggests using In, do you mean to make themselves invisible? Can In be used for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by MegamanX195 View Post
    I'm also not sure what he meant by "one of them using In".
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy3331 View Post
    I never got a chance to say this, but good job on dennis, I laughed how he kinda has DBZ hair XD

sorry for not posting in a while, I'll go post in a bit.
    @ Tame, Megaman

Yeah I meant for someone to use In on themselves, so that they'll become invisible. I think Ubo did use In on himself to hide himself from Kurapika when his BBI created a dust cloud. If you think it can't be done, well, I think you can just use Zetsu.

@ thatguy

Thanks man, I should have done better with Dennis especially on detail, but in my mind he's leaning on the manga adolescent style and I'm having trouble with that so I struggled hard, took me a couple of tries before I could nail something halfway decent IMO. Yeah your description said he should have had "short spiky hair" but I struggled as I said, so he came out looking a 'lil bit like Sasuke and Goku.

-----

Will post in the RPG after Zvane, Megaman and thatguy does. So go ahead guys...
    Last edited by NoFreakingWay; April 01, 2012 at 01:52 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, In can be used for that. What I didn't get was why only one of them would be using it. Wouldn't all of them using it be better? Though I'm not sure how easy In is to mantain, they were never shown to use it for extensive periods of time. Besides, any Nen users would use Gyo instantly upon seeing us, so it would't be any different from Zetsu. Well, except if we're Nen-sniped. In that case, using In would be ideal...

Well... I don't know.
    Last edited by MegamanX195; April 01, 2012 at 10:51 PM.

Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegamanX195 View Post
    Yeah, In can be used for that. What I didn't get was why only one of them would be using it. Wouldn't all of them using it be better? Though I'm not sure how easy In is to mantain, they were never shown to use it for extensive periods of time. Besides, any Nen users would use Gyo instantly upon seeing us, so it would't be any different from Zetsu. Well, except if we're Nen-sniped. In that case, using In would be ideal...

Well... I don't know.
    Actually, there are two guys whom Random mentioned to be using only In.

The first guy to use In would be someone in the third wave to attack frontally.

The second guy would be the one who would attack from above, as Random suggested. That guy is going to attack like a paratrooper, or like how Netero and Zeno entered Meat Garden/Meryem's Palace. From above.

Random suggested this to prioritize the guy who is going to attack from above. The guy using In in the third wave of the front gate assault is going to be the In-using decoy.

Upon spotting the decoy In user, the guards would focus their concentration on the guys up front and around the mansion. Seeing that guy using In would make them think there are more people using In or Zetsu storming the mansion from those directions. They would have lesser time to think that an attacker would be descending from above, this way.

Random's ability is the technique the second In user (the guy descending like a paratrooper) is going o use to get himself to the sky. Random's ability, Air Drums, involves a nen-pad which he can use to support people and give them limited flight, if they decide to stand on the nen-pad originally intended to be sat upon. Think of it as how Shoot used one of his flying hands to evade Yupi's spine attack (which would have killed him).

So basically, what Random has in mind is a weird, limited version of how the Hunters executed the infiltration on Meryem's Palace.

I should not have answered the question this way for it is going to be a definite spoiler, but the question basically begged for it.
    Last edited by NoFreakingWay; April 02, 2012 at 07:28 AM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I got your plan now. Yeah, that works.

---------- Post added April 08, 2012 at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was April 05, 2012 at 05:07 PM ----------

Also, about the new uses for Sora's Hatsu I've been thinking on. In story, he would have already trained them but never got the opportunity to use them in real situations, as opposed to his other abilities.

Blue Cord: Sora can create a line of his aura, connected from one of his hands to the end of Blue Wave's hilt. The line is cold, because's it's made of Sora's ice aura. It can go on for very long, but it has no special properties besides that. Basically, as far as Blue Wave goes from Sora (in a throwing attack, for example), the Cord goes along with it, and it stops when Blue Wave stops. It's basically made from water (from Sora's aura) enveloped by his aura in a "normal" state to prevent it from slipping, so nothing can really be done to it by enemies.

Blue Sword: Sora shapes his ice-aura into a sword shape, that he usually uses in his left hand. It's lighter, and consequently faster than Blue Wave, and is also significantly colder than it, but it's also significantly weaker.

Also, not sure if I said it before, but Sora can put his ice aura into objects.
    Last edited by MegamanX195; April 08, 2012 at 05:03 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also gonna add two new abilities...or well...not abilities per sé

Forced Start

The target will be inside Scyre's Nen space, even if he doesn't agree to play. For this to happen, they will have to refuse a game first, Scyre needs to touch them directly, and also, by using this, the target will start with one point already.

I survived a fucked up game show

As long as Scyre loses in a 2-3 situation, and having won 10 "Our War Games" in a row, he can cancel a penalty placed upon him.

Right now, Scyre has won only 5 Our War Games in a row.

Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Megaman

Sora's base Transformation ability (related to Ice/Water) is very versatile. You really don't need to formalize an ability with it, especially when you have a lot of opportunities to use Ice. I guess you just have to formalize making an actual Hatsu technique for really special attacks. But for freezing things, there's a lot that could be done there already. Consider the probability that Marconi's house has a big swimming pool that just begs to be abused...

@ Zvane

Added mechanics for "Our war Game"? I have a question though for Forced Start? What if Scyre's target doesn't say a word? He's not refusing and he's not agreeing that way, either. How does Scyre cope with that?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah crap I just remembered that I still haven't uploaded the map! I'll go to the library and do it tomorrow!

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone is interested in starting new RPs and participating in others, please visit the new MangaHelpers Role - Playing Forum.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Should this thread be moved there? Like the screen name, btw.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

@NFW

I suppose so. Was just making sure I wasn't pulling any BS, I guess.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It's up to you, actually. I don't have any issue, if you want we can move the thread. Decide and PM me first.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm all up for promoting the new RPG section, so if no one has ny objections, I'd like this to be moved there.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I'm a major rp guy so I'm defiantly orreries how often does this rp happen if I have the time for it I'll make a character bio right away please reply as soon as possible

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Thread moved. This is in the OOC section while you will find the other in the general RP area.

Quote Originally Posted by The3greateyes View Post
    Hey, I'm a major rp guy so I'm defiantly orreries how often does this rp happen if I have the time for it I'll make a character bio right away please reply as soon as possible
    Please look around the section for other RPs as well, or start your own.

New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast