Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter RPG: Sign-up & Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunter x Hunter RPG: Sign-up & Discussion

Hi all. For a while now I've been planning an HxH RPG here, and I've finally got round to doing it (I said I'd do it a couple of weeks ago, but then I went on holiday, and then had an exam, and my computer broke...)!

The RPG will involve new central characters created by the players, (with me playing antagonists, supporting characters and other non-player characters), and new story arcs. I have several hunts in mind, but I want the players to shape the story as much as I do, so I'm all up for suggestions from you guys.

This is how I plan things to go:

Spoiler show

Rules:
    Spoiler show

Character Sheets:
    Spoiler show

Potential Hunts
    Here are some prospective hunts that I have planned out to different degrees. If anyone has a favourite, or any ideas they'd like to see/do, then please say so. None of these hunts are compulsory; if the players want to do something completely sparate from them, then that's cool.
    Spoiler show

If anything's unclear, or if you have any other questions, please do ask. Equally, if I've forgotten anything important I'll add it later.

Above all I want this to be a fun game that stays true in spirit to Togashi's work. That means that you guys, the players, will have as much say in how the story shapes itself as I do - I don't want your characters to be merely pushed along by the plot I set out. I want them to have free will - if they want to chuck in a hunt halfway through and jump on an airship to wherever, then they're free to do so!!

Characters
    Spoiler show

Spoiler: Character Bios show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter RPG: Sign-up & Discussion

This is interesting... but I'll wait a bit more before confirming if I'm in.

Specially because I'm still thinking about the Hatsu...

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have time to join, but you have all my support.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, sounds fun, but I'm not sure about how much free time I will have to spent on this (semester's gonna start next week :/). Any thoughts on how to manage a more casual player?

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    This is interesting... but I'll wait a bit more before confirming if I'm in.

Specially because I'm still thinking about the Hatsu...
    No worries, take all the time you need! Thanks for your interest!

Quote Originally Posted by heron bpv View Post
    Hmm, sounds fun, but I'm not sure about how much free time I will have to spent on this (semester's gonna start next week :/). Any thoughts on how to manage a more casual player?
    Hmm, maybe a character who operates separately from the main group? That way you can post at your own pace. Kind of like how at different times during the York Shin arc all the main characters are off doing different things (except Gon ad Killua who stick together).

If we could tie in your character's plot to that of the others somehow, that'd be good too (though not completely necessary).

Also, I'm about to edit the character sheet slightly; I'm going to add "Type of Hunter" (as in Beast, Hacker, Blacklist etc.).

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, in that case, just give me some time. I need to think about the specifics about my character. When I'm done, I'll post the character sheet. =]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw crap! I'm not late am I? I tried running a HxH RP at the KWF... but it died, so joining this one would be nice
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

You're definitely not too late! Thanks for expressing an interest!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is my info. I've only done pen/paper RPGs, so not sure how an online one works. I can usually get online everyday, but the time I'm on is very different than most people (living in China). Is it we agree on a time to meet or just often check the board? If we can check ourselves I'd love to join; if we have to agree on a time to meet I probably can't do it.

Name: Amparo
    Height: 182 cm
    Weight: 77 kg
    Hair Color: Dark Brown
    Eye Color: Brown
    Appearance: 3 rings are always carried around his own neck, somewhat disheveled, baggy carpenter jeans and hoody, often wears sunglasses because eyes are very sensitive to light; kali sticks kept in his sleeves
    Personality: mover, hates to be in one place too long, works at local carnivals (ring toss) in between hunts
    Background/History: family immigrated to a foreign country at a fairly young age; considered smart but always bored with school, always good at sports, quickly adjusted to language differences (mother and father taught him their dialects, learned birth country’s language and new country’s language fairly easily); father taught him his island’s local martial art (Pencak Silat); loves reading mythology and wishes to hear mythological stories in their native tongue
    Type of Hunter: Language Hunter/Myth Hunter
    Licensed Hunter: Yes
    If yes, how many years have they had their license?: 8
    Primary Nen Type: Emission
    Secondary Nen Type: Manipulation
    Strongest Advanced Nen Technique: Shu
    Weakest Advanced Nen Technique: En, In (both basically non-existant)
    Weapons: 3 sharpened titanium rings, kali sticks
    Other Equipment and Personal Belongings: cell phone, wallet (pics of family), hunter license
    Nen:
    Rings of Saturn (emission, manipulation, transformation/reinforcement)

1 - use 3 solid razor sharp rings in order to manipulate and deal damage; if all 3 rings can be placed around someone's neck that person is now under the user's control for 1 hour (this can only be done after telling the opponent of the ability)

2 - emit rings of nen to use against the enemy; silver rings are razor sharp; gold rings shoot a nen energy cannon, rings can be used as blunt force, more rings means more powerful cannon; crimson rings are used to increase rate of healing (around self or others)

The second ability can only be used if all three rings are around the user's neck.

Commentary on Nen Ability:
    3 is used for the first ability and there are 3 colors of rings because the ring toss is the the job he worked before becoming a hunter to help his family ($1 for 3 rings). Final restriction is so that the 2 abilities cannot overlap (which I think would make the character a bit broken). Everything works in threes for this ability. As of now, Amparo can only use up to 3 rings at once (forgot to mention red rings cannot inflict damage, only heal). Hoping there is some type of training scenario that allows the characters to improve their abilities. When creating the character, I imagined at his peak he could be operating 18 rings at one time.

If that character is no good, I also like this character.

Name: Akau
    Height: 182 cm
    Weight: 68 kg
    Hair Color: Dark Brown
    Eye Color: Blue
    Appearance: baggy khaki shorts, unbuttoned short sleeve collared shirt, sandals
    Personality: somewhat neurotic planner; constantly planning, always considering all options; somewhat untrusting of self, so tries to avoid direct combat
    Background/History: grew up near a volcano so understood the power of nature and harsh conditions; ash reminds him of home; father’s home was buried by a volcanic eruption; loved reading his island's local mythology so decided he wanted to read/hear myths from all over the world (so he learns the language to read/learn the myths)
    Type of Hunter: Language/Relic/Myth Hunter
    Licensed Hunter: Yes
    If yes, how many years have they had their license?: 13
    Primary Nen Type: Manipulation
    Secondary Nen Type: Emission
    Strongest Advanced Nen Technique: Gyo
    Weakest Advanced Nen Technique: En, In, Ken
    Weapons: huge gourd of ashes, throwing knives
    Other Equipment and Personal Belongings: small pouch of winter clothes/sneakers
    Nen:
    Ash Mountain (manipulation, emission, reinforcement)
    carry around a massive gourd filled with ashes that I would then manipulate for different effects; ash must be personally collected/created and then placed in gourd by my own hands; removing the gourd increases the power greatly but if the ashes are not placed back inside within 7 minutes they can no longer be manipulated (must find/collect/create new ashes and refill the gourd)
    Ash Elves – with an emission/manipulation core, these can be used for distraction/spying, user can temporarily give up his sight to allow them to see through one of his elves; create fake weapons/hide real weapons; small/weak shields; distractions; smothering/poisoning/forcing ash down throats; Black Out Dome – create a dome to block out all light

*I changed the strongest to just one, so is it okay to leave the weakest at a few? Also, the two nen descriptions are both characters at the best of their abilities, so you can put some level restrictions on them if you want.
    Last edited by Hunter2323; February 07, 2012 at 05:24 PM.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for replying, Hunter! Don't worry, just check when you can. If it was a specific time that would never work. I for one couldn't be bothered. :P

Now, on to your character. Pretty much everything's fine except for a couple of small things; in strongest and weakest advanced nen techniques please choose only one technique for each.

About your hatsu, is there any limit to the number of rings you can create? It would still be broken if you could make, say, three of each colour at once.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'M almost done with my oc, can I reserve a spot for a few hours?

Nevermind, here it is, need a little help with the nen though and some helpful critisim.

Name: Denis Galbuster
    Height: 67 inches
    Weight: 165 lbs
    Hair Colour: Black
    Eye Colour: Brown

Appearance: Has light brown skin with very short yet spikey hair, wears a blue jacket with a black shirt underneath jeans and sports Brown and black travel boots

Personality: A boy who simply wants to find an adventure in life and feels that being a hunter would help fulfill his desire. He’s something of a jokester and speaks sarcastically most of the time, causing people to sometimes wonder what he hell he’s actually thinking, but it is apparent he upholds a strong moral code about people he considers a friend of ally. despite that however he can sometimes come off as an ass if he does something that dosn't effect his code, which is one of the things people chatise him for.

Background/History: He grew up in a pretty poor and run down place, constantly labeled as living garbage by nobles and people who had money. The only joy he had was a little girl his age who was a close friend of his and as he claimed was” too optimistic for her own good.” Turns out he wasn’t far from the truth, when they were 8 she childishly tried to help a injured wild animal in the rain. Not only did she get a cold, but the creature was carrying a disease that needed serious medical treatment for, which of course they had no money for so she was on a deathbed. Denis tired everything he could even stole medicine from a pharmacy, but it did little to no good. He would have been a depressed wreck, but his friend gave him her final words: “Denis, I had fun. Now I want you to promise me something ok? Promise you’ll have even more fun then I did!” When he agreed she smiled and passed. Denis snuck into libraries did research and found out about the hunter association and decided to join due to all of the perks. He waited until he was sure he could pass and left his home (by freeloading on a ship) and began his journey there to find something worth living for.

Type of Hunter: none in particular, takes any job he can.
    Licensed Hunter: NO
    If yes, how many years have they had their license?:
    Primary Nen Type: Emission
    Secondary Nen Type: Manipulator/transmuter
    Strongest Advanced Nen Technique: shu
    Weakest Advanced Nen Technique: ko
    Weapons: Hunter knife, used mostly for hunting wild animals though
    Other Equipment and Personal Belongings: A backpack, slingshot, Hunter knife, utility muti tool, a locket with a picture of his deceased friend and her words to him.

Hatsu
    Name: Bubble
    Type(s): Emmision, Manipulation, a little bit of transmuter
    Details: He can create on of 3 types of ‘bubbles’ of aura.
    1st : ‘shift bubble’ : Using both emission and manipulation types He creates a blue bubble that intraps a object and move it around the air. It can only levitate and carry inanimate objects; humans, animals and etc. are not affected. Restrictions have been placed to help enhance the use of the ability when called.
    2nd : ‘Burst bubble’: creates a red bubble that deploys his nen energy one it is touched. Since this mostly uses emission he can create more than one, but no more than 10 due to the transmuter use of acting like a bubble. He can also control how powerful the blasts the bubble gives off are.
    3rd : ‘Cushion bubble’: creates a bubble to save himself from any long falls or dangerous objects, once used however it instantly deflates thus ending the use.

Restrictions: Shift bubble can only effect inanimate objects, humans will not be effected. Only one bubble can be made and it can only hold one object. The object in question cannot supersede a large height or a enormous weight. Can only use 3 times in battle, usage doubles outside of battle. Boom bubble can only create up to ten bubbles at a time, the number shifts depending on the size or quantity of nen. Cusion bubble immediately enters a slow state of deactivation after use (like a air bag or something). No two types of bubbles can be out at the same time.

Commentary: none right now.
    Last edited by thatguy3331; February 07, 2012 at 05:15 PM.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Hunter x Hunter RPG: Sign-up & Discussion

Took me a while before I consolidate my nen ability. I had other in mind, but couldn't make clear enough, even for me, so I put that aside and came with this (*WARNING* - Wall of text ahoy!):

Spoiler show

*Obs.: Kung-fu shingen is Netero's school of martial arts, and if I remember correctly the continent Yorubian is where Southern Peace and York Shin are located.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm totally in, here's my character:

Spoiler show

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all so much for applying!! Here's feedback on all your applications.

Hunter232
    Spoiler show

thatguy3331
    Spoiler show

heron bpv
    Spoiler show

Zvane
    Spoiler show

Whilst finalising your characters you might want to start thinking of what Hunt you'd like to start off with. Of the four that I mentioned in my first post of this thread, is there any that's caught anyone's fancy? I'll be trying to come up with more all the time, and I'd like to hear you guys' suggestions/requests too.

In order of the extent to which I've thought them out it goes:
    Bodyguarding (pretty much completely thought-out)
    Roc (quite planned out; still want to come up with a twist or two)
    Hostage Rescue (I've tweaked slightly. The hotage now holds information re. either a corrupt politician or a corrupt official within th HA.)
    Depth Tower (not very many ideas for this one. Think it might be a dead-end.)

PS. Apologies for any stupid spelling errors in this post: the half the keys on this keyboard don't work properly. :P

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, thanks for replying.

Spoiler show

As far as my character goes, he's an information hunter, so if someone's holding important information he can use or sell, he's open for Hostage Rescue
    Last edited by Zvane; February 09, 2012 at 10:36 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast