Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter RPG: Sign-up & Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter RPG: Sign-up & Discussion

As far as the manga goes (and I can remember), there's nothing stopping an enhancer to acquire specialization. It's just that , by taking a look at the graphic on this same page, reinforcement has the lowest chance of acquiring it.

Also, on another note, I'm resigning my entry character. I don't really want to play it limited. Will try to make a new one, but no guaratees, so don't you guys really wait for it. :/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Denis and Scyre passed the exam in the same year as each other, as well as Amparo and Sora two years before! These pairs of characters will at least recognise one another, but I'll leave it up to you guys to decide exactly what kind of relationship they have with each other.

thatguy3331: Cool, your profile looks good. The Roc Hunt is still in the mix, but it looks like the Hostage Rescue Hunt is the most popular so I think I'll start with that one!

Megaman:
    Spoiler show

heron bpv: If you do decide to make an another character, then you're always welcome to do so.

As I said before, the Hostage Rescue Hunt seems the most popular so that'll be the first arc. I'll get thinking up the details as quickly as possible, including who your allies are going to be, who your enemies are going to be, where you're going to be fighting etc. Would you guys prefer to make this a shortish arc with only a fight or two against mid-level opponents, or would you like a more challenging team of enemies?

Once again I'd like to thank you all for taking part. I think all your characters are great and they should make for quite a dynamic team!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, finally made it back to Mangahelpers! It was a rough week. Tame probably has a rough week as well. His week is gonna get rougher if he decides to read through that HxH RPG Damage Calculation FAQ I wrote.

So here's my character.

Spoiler show

Also, I have a special reply for the Hatsu "The Gathering". Too bad the character got pulled out. Heron seemed like he really enjoyed making the Hatsu. I enjoyed reading it. But it's just too OP. Kurapika's Chains and Crazy Slots had nothing on it.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by NoFreakingWay; February 14, 2012 at 05:57 AM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, right when I'm about to leave, someone get and make a comment on the power. No time to read the entire reply, but before I forget: no troll intended. Just me being to emerged on awesomeness to notice the little details =P
    I'll edit here when I comeback. I'll also post my new entry character. Hopefully it'll not turn into another wall-of-text xD

Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I thought The Gathering was a troll but even if it was I don't care. It was entertaining to read and I sensed enough enthusiasm, whether from a possible trolling or just plain HxH/M:TG enthusiasm, to make me reply.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess I found some time to edit now... here goes!

Spoiler show

Also, cool thing that Amparo passed the exam at the same time as me! Wonder how that will work out...
    Last edited by MegamanX195; February 18, 2012 at 02:16 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn... I wish I knew more about this manga so that I could join this...
    But I can't remember half of the thing about Nen and the techniques...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to discuss The Gathering further could you do it in the Hatsu Thread? It won't be appearing in this RPG so it's now kinda off-topic to do it here.

NoFreakingWay: what is the strengthening condition that you mention in Air Drum's commentary? Also, (just for clarity) how many drums in your drum kit? Other than that, everything's all fine and dandy!! Thanks for joining!

Megaman:
    Quote Quote:
    The range isn't that great (about as big as the range where one can consistently headshot with an assault rifle).
    What range is that? I don't know anything about guns. According to wikipedia, am assault rifle's range is about 300m though (way too far for a Transmuter).

Quote Quote:
    By using aura, the mirror's reflection is changed to that of the environment, effectively serving as camouflage if used in conjuction with Zetsu.
    If your opponent is looking directly at you then it's just going to show them a reflection of themself...

Your characters are both accepted though. I'll make a character list in the first post after this.

Including heron's upsoming character we now have six players so... I WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING ANYMORE CHARACTERS!!! SIGN-UP IS CLOSED!! For the moment at least.

I'm going to my parents' for the weekend so from Friday I probably won't be making any big posts until either Sunday or, more likely, Monday. I'll try to respond to respond to character creation stuff, but I can't promise anything. Also I'll be starting the RPG on Monday; I've been working on the outline of the Hunt and I'm pretty pleased with it; I think I've got it planned out pretty completely until the point at which enemies turn up. After that I don't want to plan it too much because I don't want to limit your freedom.

So you can begin thinking about your first posts, here's a rough idea of how the RPG'll start: all your characters are currently within a certain city's local HA headquarters (I don't know if they have those in HxH, but it was the least contrived explanation I could think of for everyone being in one place at once). The headquarters is a kind of like an embassy/hotel for Hunters. Kinda like a Pokémon centre I guess.

The Hunter who's going to lead the team comes to the HQ; he has to gather a team at very short notice, so he asks for every Hunter in the building to meet with him so he can explain his plan, ask for their help, etc. I want to say more, but I don't want to spoil it. Man, I'm really excited about it now!!

Haha, with you guys' characters, the team leader and the other NPC that will be joining the group there'll be eight Hunters on this mission (assuming your characters all accept the request; they're free to turn it down flat. :P). With that many on the good guys' side I think I'm going to have to increase the number of enemies, hehehe...

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Hunter x Hunter RPG: Sign-up & Discussion

Since you post before I came back from uni, NoFreakingWay, I'm making another one instead of editing. =]
    Spoiler show

Well, new entry ahoy!
    Spoiler show

Hopefully there will be a free spot left for me in the group. Took me a while to comeback with something x]

@Edit:
    SwordsagedNinja'ed thrice. Damnations!
    And sorry Tame to bringing back the comments regarding The Gathering. I promise further discussion to be on it's place, if needed =P
    Last edited by heron bpv; February 14, 2012 at 11:44 AM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay, we're starting

Also, on both points:

On the range thing, you're right, I should have been more specific. Honestly, I'll leave it up to you to decide a fair range, as I can't decide on one. What do you think is possible/realistic range for a Transmuter?

On the mirror thing, I meant that, instead of it simply showing the reflection like a regular mirror, it's images show something that corresponds to the environment, like those ninja-wallpapers (don't know the name), in a sense. Basically, unless you see Sora on the other side of the mirror, it's impossible to discern it from the actual enviroment solely with the vision.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegamanX195 View Post
    Yay, we're starting

Also, on both points:

On the range thing, you're right, I should have been more specific. Honestly, I'll leave it up to you to decide a fair range, as I can't decide on one. What do you think is possible/realistic range for a Transmuter?

On the mirror thing, I meant that, instead of it simply showing the reflection like a regular mirror, it's images show something that corresponds to the environment, like those ninja-wallpapers (don't know the name), in a sense. Basically, unless you see Sora on the other side of the mirror, it's impossible to discern it from the actual enviroment solely with the vision.
    I was wondering...cause is not possible to use any kind of technique while using Zetsu, since Zetsu stops aure from flowing...

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zvane View Post
    I was wondering...cause is not possible to use any kind of technique while using Zetsu, since Zetsu stops aure from flowing...
    It's, actually. In
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Any chance I could use this character instead? It was the first nen ability I came up with and I really like the character a lot more than the other. If not Amparo is ok, but I think Lukannon would be way more fun.

Spoiler show

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zvane View Post
    The aura has already been "summoned". Sora doesn't need to keep pouring aura into the mirror.

Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Tame

The strengthening conditions would be to play better and faster. The better Random plays, the greater damage the nen-balls inflict. The faster he plays, the more nen-balls he chucks.

I kinda forgot to mention this but Random can't play the Air Drums without drumsticks.

Sorry about the The Gathering reply. I guess I should've read the earlier posts before posting. I usually don't reply as I read because I just save all comments on Notepad and then read it when I can concentrate. That's why I usually have these long posts that seem delayed. I may reply more about that banlisted technique on the Hatsu thread since I got a reply.

New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast