Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shiba Ichigo

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member crono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shiba Ichigo

So similar to Naruto where everyone assumes that Naruto is the 4th Hokage's son at the beginning, then everyone forgets about it as it's not hinted at for a long time until it's finally revealed, I think Kubo has deliberately left out the Shiba clan for a long time so that when Ichigo's past is revealed, it will come as more of a shock.

Everyone remembers the SS arc, which is why many of us read/watch this manga/anime. I don't think it's a coincidence that Ichigo looks exactly like Shiba Kaien, and I'm sure it will be connected later. I fully expect to see the return of Ganju/Kukaku within the next few arcs.

As for the name, I'm unsure whether Ichigo's mom or dad was a Shiba. It was indicated that Ichigo was half human/half shinigami, which means his mom must have been human. Isshin also introduces himself as "Kurosaki Isshin" when fighting Grand Fisher, so that makes a conundrum since that would mean that Ichigo's dad isn't a Shiba either, but Ichigo's dad could easily just have taken his wife's name (with Ichigo taking his mom's name - another parallel to Naruto).

Anyone else expecting the Shiba clan to tie in to Ichigo's background once it is revealed?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shiba Ichigo

crono, Isshin could have switched his name like Gendou Rokubungi aka Gendou "That evil bastard" Ikari.

Maybe Kurosaki was Masaki's families name.

I had a feeling for a long time, way before the Kushina reveal in Naruto, that Masaki was nice and sweet with her family but was a secret badass.

I'd love to see a flashback where Masaki is the one beating the shit out of punks.

It would be really cool if Isshin was calm and goofy and Masaki was hot headed and violent. Bonus points for Ichigo's teacher being in Masaki's old biker gang and that being the reason why she let's Ichigo skip out of class whenever he wants.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno, somehow I don't quite see this.... More so, under this logic hisagi should be ichigo's cousin or something. I think their similar appearances are just a coincidence which kubo used as a plot device in the early stages of the manga. I do think kurosaki is masaki's family name though, otherwise it would be weird for SS to not relate ishin to ichigo early on.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

There's also the other unknown fourth family xD But personallly, I don't think it's going to happen... It's just all those Ichigo is going to be a captain things, it's not really suited to his style (Ichigo has always seemed rather like an underdog ~_~)

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Underdog? You can't possibly mean the human born with shinigami/hollow powers and captain level reiatsu who has the innate ability to shrink years of training into mere days who had a 3 month training session with zangetsu in order to develop actual godlike powers lol.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Mayumura's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I noticed it when I were watching Bleach for first time. Isshin is very similliar to Ganju and Ichigo to Kaien, but I just forgot that stuff cuz Kubo love to use same face/hair model to many characters.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by What we'll be dealing with the next arc
    The resemblance between Ichigo and Kaien
    So, even tho we could 'deal with it' in sense that Kubo will confirm, no there's nothing more to their resemblance, I kinda doubt he'd put it into the preview chapters if it wasn't a big thing ;D

I think the one from Shiba House is Isshin. Why? We have yet to see what makes Shiba a nobles one (as we know, not one of the 4 noble houses, but the "5th one" once was..), so far we have Kuukaku who is strong, but isn't exactly Noble!Genius like Bya or Yoruichi, Ganju is...... (and maybe adopted, who knows, but I don't think so XD), Kaien was strong, Lieutenant level (like Byakuya's father for example) and he probably could become Cpt level (but he's dead obviously)... But there's no one we know that was ultra strong like Yoru or Bya.. and Isshin would fit the bill. Plus his looks also are "rough" (can't find proper word), wild and strong like Kuukaku and Ganju....

Masaki was either human or Quincy in my book...

ex oriente lux

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    So, even tho we could 'deal with it' in sense that Kubo will confirm, no there's nothing more to their resemblance, I kinda doubt he'd put it into the preview chapters if it wasn't a big thing ;D

I think the one from Shiba House is Isshin. Why? We have yet to see what makes Shiba a nobles one (as we know, not one of the 4 noble houses, but the "5th one" once was..), so far we have Kuukaku who is strong, but isn't exactly Noble!Genius like Bya or Yoruichi, Ganju is...... (and maybe adopted, who knows, but I don't think so XD), Kaien was strong, Lieutenant level (like Byakuya's father for example) and he probably could become Cpt level (but he's dead obviously)... But there's no one we know that was ultra strong like Yoru or Bya.. and Isshin would fit the bill. Plus his looks also are "rough" (can't find proper word), wild and strong like Kuukaku and Ganju....

Masaki was either human or Quincy in my book...
    You just made me imagine Uryuu as a Kurosaki cousin ~_~

And you just made me think of something with your post ^^ Kaien was the eldest and strongest right? Well so is Ichigo. I think the patterb here is younger sibling = less power. I'm pretty sure Byakuya and Yoruichi were only children ( or at least, I don't remember any siblings being mentioned) so it wouldn't apply to them. So yeah, Kuukaku is older than Ginjou, thus she's stronger than Ginjou. Same with Karin, but then Karin/Yuzu would be weird since they are twins >_>

Lulz I hope I make a bit of sense here xD just made it up then...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Supposedly, Kubo said recently that this last arc will give the reason as to why Kaien and Ichigo look alike, so there is definitely more of a connection there than "Kubo can only draw a few models". I'm banking on Shiba Ichigo!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be actually interesting if Ichigo is one of the Shiba clan. That will open tons of posibilities for character debvelopment of Ganju, Kuukaku and Ishhin with Ichigo as well. The thing is, that we know that Shiba were once the Fifth Noble House, but at some point something happened that made them collapse... Maybe Isshin had some connection to it? I believe it will be revealed at some point in the same way we saw infor on Urahara and Vaizards.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    It would be actually interesting if Ichigo is one of the Shiba clan. That will open tons of posibilities for character debvelopment of Ganju, Kuukaku and Ishhin with Ichigo as well. The thing is, that we know that Shiba were once the Fifth Noble House, but at some point something happened that made them collapse... Maybe Isshin had some connection to it? I believe it will be revealed at some point in the same way we saw infor on Urahara and Vaizards.
    Hm, I don't think that would be taken as bad thing if Isshin was just so damn good that he was promoted to Royal Guard...
    ..assuming he was, of course...
    But this should be answered in the arc. Somewhere. Flashback mini-arcs are always just so good that the opportunity is too big for Kubo to miss it.

Reappearance of Kuukaku (...and Ganju.... xP) would be awesome.

------

So, for now.. How there's this new arc called 1000yr Blood War, I think there was something in the past about Noble Houses, a war or conflict, and Shiba clan ended up cast out.
    Last edited by Darjaille; February 18, 2012 at 04:40 AM.

ex oriente lux

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

It might be connected to the Shiba Clan and some dirty deeds among Nobles, but it might be also only partly connected with it and mainly focused on other things.
    Though I believe we'll have a mix and it will be connected to all Noble Houses, King, Royal Guard, Quincy extemination, Arrancars and might be with someone totally new.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So it looks like Ichigo is a Shiba. It was lame however that in one chapter, Aizen called Ichigo half-human, half-Shinigami, though now it seems Ichigo is part Quincy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crono View Post
    So it looks like Ichigo is a Shiba. It was lame however that in one chapter, Aizen called Ichigo half-human, half-Shinigami, though now it seems Ichigo is part Quincy.
    Aizen was actually cut off half way through and its obvious now what he was going to say, which is half shinigami - half quincy
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    Aizen was actually cut off half way through and its obvious now what he was going to say, which is half shinigami - half quincy
    I remember the translation I saw said "because you are half shinigami and" and in the next chapter, it said "because you are half human and" , which made it seem like he was half shinigami and half human.

If you look here http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v45/c398// it says "half human and...". You are saying half shinigami and half quincy, but that doesn't go with the previous chapter that says that he is half-human.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast