Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: Are Yontsu and Sangeen really husband and wife?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 44.44%
  • No

5 55.56%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 221 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 221 Review

Nothing to say here so I'll get right into it....

Chapter Summary

There is a rumor going around about you Sangeen....and it makes us jealous...

This week starts out with Frankenstein, Tao, Takeo, and M-21 discussing Cerberus. Tao explaining that his knowledge of the group comes from the fact that DA-5, the union special operations group he and Takeo originated from, was an imitation of Cerberus created by Dr. Aris but never achieved anywhere close to the power of the original.

They then return to the upstairs where Raizel, Shin Woo, and the rest of the gang are having a great time together. But Frankenstien looks deadly serious, and tells Tao that he is entrusting him with all of this because he will be busy with "personal matters".

Meanwhile at the KSA, more of the agents that tangled with the Rasta-douche died of their injuries raising the tension level even further but Yontsu and Sangeen decide to continue on in their role as the primary "hosts" for Cerberus despite the dangers.

When they go down to meet the Cerberus people however, Sangeen almost immediatly gives the Rasta-douche an earful about his behavior and gets sent flying. But as Yontsu checks on him he signals that he did it so he could create an opportunity to sneak off to see M-21, Tao, and Takeo have any intel on Cerberus. As the medics come get Sangeen the rasta-douche mocks Yontsu's anger, asking if he's her lover. She tells him he is her husband and when the rasta-douche tries to press further the red-head tells him to cut it out, which seems to put an end to it. Clearly, she is not one to trifled with.

Then things cut to an injured Sangeen who is approaching the school and in a blink finds himself surrounded by Tao, Takeo, and M-21.

Chapter Review

Beware the dreaded nipple punch!

Substance
    Clearly the biggest revelation this week is the Sangeen and Yontsu being married thing. Which to be honest I don't believe because, frankly, they just don't act married; there are also things like the different last names and no wedding rings. I think that was a lie to make Cerberus dismiss her anger and take the douchebaggery down a notch or two. Which worked.

Though to be honest I wouldn't mind if it were true. You may think that doesn't make sense since I'm such a huge M-21 and Yontsu fan but you see if they are married then there must be a reason for it. In these circumstances there is really only one reason to have Yontsu and Sangeen be married and that would be "pathos". Meaning Sangeen is going to die and this is a way of gaining a greater amount of audience sympathy for both him and and Yontsu. So, either way, I don't see this as a threat to my 2nd favorite pairing in the long run.

The other significant development is that Sangeen is running to the RK-4 for information and/or help. It really shows how desperate the KSA's situation is; and the RK-4 can probably provide that help, but will they? They really have no reason to help protect an agency that attacked them so recently but Sangeen and Yontsu really have nobody else to turn to. It's going to be pretty interesting.

Presentation
    I liked the artwork this week. Most of it was fairly ordinary but Frankenstein and Yontsu's faces were fantastic. Which really helped enhance the impact of Frankensteins concern and Yontsu's worry, surprise, and rage.

I also liked that we got hints at the other Cerberus members personalities this week, though not much. The red-head and the scar face seem to be rational mission oriented type characters where as the rasta guy and the blonde are troublemakers.

I still don't like the characterization that the rasta-guy is getting. I realize he is a foil but it's just to obvious that we are all supposed to hate him. Sometimes less is more with characters like that.

Final Rating
    A solid chapter with a nice twist. It seems like the story is picking up momentum towards something, and I can't wait to find out what.

So I give this chapter a 4 out of 5

My Prediction
    • Yontsu and Sangeen are not really married.

My Previous Predictions(Current Record 7-8)

Spoiler: Ongoing show

Thread Question of the Week
    Will RK-4 help Sangeen? If so, how much help?
    Last edited by Jammin; January 31, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 221 Review

Your review really is the best, funny to read, and sometimes a story shown to me from another angle (same story from another person's perspective).

About Yontsu and Sangeen being married I voted "NO", why ???
    Becouse, they are simply not looking like lovers to me, but more like best friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Yes, as I already said in chapter discussion, I believe that the help to KSA will be approved, if KSA would also help them. KSA together with Rai's team should at the end defeat the Union...
    Last edited by Monsterguy; January 31, 2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: spelling
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Red Dog's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what to think about Franky's "personal matters",Will this mean that he'll be absent thus the RKs may deal with the Cerberus on their own ?

Quote Quote:
    Well he clearly said to Yontsu that he was shopping for infos about "those thugs" and not beg the RKs for help,maybe he just wanted to save face in front of Yontsu Wait&see

Quote Quote:
    Meaning Sangeen is going to die
    This sentence made me aware of Sangeen's fiercer enemy than the Union.......................the Noblesse's males community fan LOL
    Zettai-Teki Seigi/Absolute Justice

6. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Dog View Post
    I don't know what to think about Franky's "personal matters",Will this mean that he'll be absent thus the RKs may deal with the Cerberus on their own ?
    Yeah, I glossed over that because I just didn't know what he was talking about.

It could be he intends to take a trip somewhere in an attempt to find help for Raizel. Or it could be he just wants to focus on staying close to Raizel right now in his master and seeing that he does all he can for him.

Hopefully he won't stray too far because I think it's pretty clear from Cerberus' various displays of power that the RK-4 just aren't at their level.

By my reckoning, all of them together(including Regis) could maybe take one of them but not all four. Seira with her soul weapon could probably go one on on with another. That would still leave 2 plus Yuri and that's just too much firepower for them; which would leave not choice but for Raizel or Frankenstein to get involved. And if Frankenstein was otherwise occupied, it would all fall on Raizel in his weakened state.

This sentence made me aware of Sangeen's fiercer enemy than the Union.......................the Noblesse's males community fan LOL
    We pairing fans are a scary bunch in general, i think.

Seriously though when a male character suddenly has a wife or baby or something along those lines it's like funeral bells. Just ask Asuma from Naruto.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

/funny note: Usually I talked about your review's poll near the end of my post here, Jammin, but this time I checked the poll first. Look at all those denial.

There is a rumor going around about you Sangeen....and it makes us jealous...
    This was my favorite panel, and your sentence below it just made it super funny. Thanks, Jam!

Clearly the biggest revelation this week is the Sangeen and Yontsu being married thing. Which to be honest I don't believe because, frankly, they just don't act married; there are also things like the different last names and no wedding rings. I think that was a lie to make Cerberus dismiss her anger and take the douchebaggery down a notch or two. Which worked.

Though to be honest I wouldn't mind if it were true. You may think that doesn't make sense since I'm such a huge M-21 and Yontsu fan but you see if they are married then there must be a reason for it. In these circumstances there is really only one reason to have Yontsu and Sangeen be married and that would be "pathos". Meaning Sangeen is going to die and this is a way of gaining a greater amount of audience sympathy for both him and and Yontsu. So, either way, I don't see this as a threat to my 2nd favorite pairing in the long run.
    Wedding ring is not really a characteristic. Not only because they mostly wear gloves, but also because many people actually don't wear wedding rings. Even more since they are fighters, using accessories like that could be troublesome maybe. I'm looking forward for a confirmation next week, though. Hopefully. >__<

Dang you putting Sangeen like that. But he indeed seems to be the patriotic one, like, he would sacrifice himself for a bigger chance of success and survival. Yontsu is more the offensive type maybe, like Frank, while Sangeen is more like Rai in my eyes. I could totally see that happening. Indeed no one else in the team is more suitable to console Yontsu by that time but our werewolf prince. :P

I liked the artwork this week. Most of it was fairly ordinary but Frankenstein and Yontsu's faces were fantastic. Which really helped enhance the impact of Frankensteins concern and Yontsu's worry, surprise, and rage.
    Yontsu showed lots of expressions lately, I really enjoyed it. Frank's image seems to improve this chapter. M-21 is a so-so. I'm still not satisfied with Tao and Takeo though. Tao has lost his eyes with that hair being too long, and Takeo's eyes are just too small. They were bigger before, really. T__T

They will. I even think that Regis would step out first to help though he seems so ignorant of this. He just care that much. How many, depends. As starter I think Tao would make use of this chance to investigate Cerberus more... Also I don't think Cerberus would be that crazy to pick a fight with Sangeen or Yontsu again so soon after what they did. When they do, though, I guess RK-4 would help...

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

This personal matter seems to be related to Rai. Just look at how he looked at Rai. >__<
    I don't think he can completely leave RK-4 and others alone, though. There will come the time when even Rai would interfere, and we know where there is Rai there will be Frank as well. ^^

Bwahahahahaha~ I didn't think about this. Nice one, The Red Dog!

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Your reviews are good as always! Personally, I like the black guy in Cerberus (I like unapologetic villains...it's nice to have villains who are actually cruel and such, IMO), and just looking back...Regis couldn't compete with Kranz at all, even without Kranz using D or absorbing anyone. So basically, I can't see the RK-4 doing much of anything to any of the members of Cerberus, even with their level ups. I am, however, curious as to Yontsu and Sangeen's max strength. I doubt that they can do much to Cerberus, but the impending heroic sacrifice might show a significant level of power.
    Avoiding debates with people below a certain level of English comp.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Wedding ring is not really a characteristic. Not only because they mostly wear gloves, but also because many people actually don't wear wedding rings. Even more since they are fighters, using accessories like that could be troublesome maybe. I'm looking forward for a confirmation next week, though. Hopefully. >__<

Dang you putting Sangeen like that. But he indeed seems to be the patriotic one, like, he would sacrifice himself for a bigger chance of success and survival. Yontsu is more the offensive type maybe, like Frank, while Sangeen is more like Rai in my eyes. I could totally see that happening. Indeed no one else in the team is more suitable to console Yontsu by that time but our werewolf prince. :P
    I think a wedding ring is pretty basic but I'll grant you it's not absolutely certainty that it should be there. Though as someone with a bit of a background in martial arts I can tell you that in terms of fighting wedding bands are perfectly fine. Primarily because the force of a punch doesn't flow through the back of your fingers, it goes through the knuckles. Necklaces and all forms of facial jewelry are the big no-no's. Though I suppose it could hinder transformations, if they can do those.

As for Sangeen's patriotism being a possible cause for his demise, I don't know. I just think that if he was actually married that would be like a young soldier showing the main character in a war movie a picture of his pregnant wife back home. And it would make me think the same thing, "probability of death 100%".

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter
    Your reviews are good as always! Personally, I like the black guy in Cerberus (I like unapologetic villains...it's nice to have villains who are actually cruel and such, IMO), and just looking back...Regis couldn't compete with Kranz at all, even without Kranz using D or absorbing anyone. So basically, I can't see the RK-4 doing much of anything to any of the members of Cerberus, even with their level ups. I am, however, curious as to Yontsu and Sangeen's max strength. I doubt that they can do much to Cerberus, but the impending heroic sacrifice might show a significant level of power.
    Yeah, I'm eager to see what Yontsu and Sangeen can do when they go all out too.

I suspect the rasta-douche is the weakest of the Ceberus guys, based on the old "The weakest dog always barks the loudest" principle. So I'm thinking if we throw a heroic sacrifice into the mix, Yontsu and Sangeen might be able to take him down 2 on 1. Mainly because, though he can clearly throw out some damage, we have yet to see how much damage he can take. If his defense isn't as strong as his offense, he could be vulnerable to them. Though bullets may bounce off him like raindrops if he gives Yontsu an opportunity a few of her strongest earthshattering blows might be enough to hurt him badly.

New Reply