Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

3 1.74%
  • 2 (Average)

5 2.91%
  • 3 (Good)

55 31.98%
  • 4 (Great!)

81 47.09%
  • 5 (Epic!)

26 15.12%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 1.16%
New Reply
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 656 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 656 Discussion / 657 Prediction

^ the shichibukai that half man might be saying is Buggy. He might have been able to spilt not only his body now but others too!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    But it's interesting. If Buggy and Law are Shichibukai, who could be the 3rd one? Damn Oda for teasing us.
    I don't think M is any character we have met so far.
    Talk about a "M" and a shishibukai. If only there was a shishibukai with a name starting with M...

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Mass quote for a recap of the Moriah theories[or not:P].
    Quote Originally Posted by kazeofsilence View Post
    Gecko Moria. Thats where my thoughts are on the spoilers.
    Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    For the Master M, that really looks like Moria style ( kidnapping pirate with cheap method ) and his crew calling him master. Also he's an ex-shichibukai and his dead wasn't confirmed. But i hope it have nothing to do with moria, im tired of this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosco12 View Post
    Personnally, I like Moria for being M and the shi7, the samurai is after. Moria would know that the WG has forbidden the marines to go to this island, which would make it a perfect hiding place from them. The Samurai would be after Moria for desecrating the tomb of Ryuma and taking is body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    When I saw the fog on the Sunny the first character I thought of was Gecko Moria. I seriously doubt it though. My guess is Doflamingo will be the antagonist of this arc, if it is not Law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    It will not be Moria if he cannot transplant shadows in half of the body only ... because if he could he would have not required hogback to repair the bodies before transplantation of the shadow....
    So would he call Moria Shichibukai despite being long gone from the list? Maybe their isolation from the WG lead to an out of date information concerning the Shichibukai. Personally I don't want it to be Moria, nor Law.

I personally like this one:
    Quote Originally Posted by yieps View Post
    Why not just "M" as in the James Bond series ?
    Quote Originally Posted by raDar View Post
    Then why didn't Brook resist?
    Maybe he decided that he couldn't/shouldn't try do anything against an unknown force and decided to do a recon in ghost form.
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 09, 2012 at 07:47 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joshua019 View Post
    He might be playing dead! seriously if brook can't even be useful in this situation, and wat is the point of him!
    He will be useful by not being kidnapped.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua019 View Post
    ^ the shichibukai that half man might be saying is Buggy. He might have been able to spilt not only his body now but others too!
    The half man is searching the shichibukai, he is not one. And devil fruit are not Pokemon, they don't evolve. Buggy can only split himself
    Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    Talk about a "M" and a shishibukai. If only there was a shishibukai with a name starting with M...
    Mihawk ?

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member monkey D luffy's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

i just thought of something!
    this is a brilliant play on oda's part, we are left with 5 crewmates that can still do stuff, 3 of them never had a 1 on 1 fights and 2 of them are really hyped up, oda is gonna give each of them a 1 on 1 fight soon
    getting excited for this arc if im right
    my new dragons:

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to tell you that I voted "good" when Benelori restored the poll,although I had voted "average" before that. I changed my mind because of the possibility of law as shichibukai,but I'd be satisfied if oda would tell us more infos about the shichi nonetheless. Also,One Piece was/is and will always be very slow,then I can't complain anymore,even though I'd prefer more actions.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Specking of Brook i think that maybe he used his ability and detached his soul from the body and is waiting for a good chance to rescue his friends. He can't possibly attack them suddenly without seeing what they're capable of 1st right?

And yeah i also would like to see the other SH's not only monster trio taking a 1 on 1 fight , i think it's about time for them to show Luffy that they are reliable and aren't just a burden anymore.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Maybe he decided that he couldn't/shouldn't try do anything against an unknown force and decided to do a recon in ghost form.
    Sanji who most likely inhaled the gas a shorter period of time then the others couldn't even with his speed reach the den den mushi. So it wouldn't be very odd if Brooke like the rest collapsed before he realized what happened.
    We don't know, however, whether that is true. If his Soul can't do more than to communicate with others he might be hiding somewhere until the scouting team comes back or he's on his way to contact them on his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I thought I hid my sarcasm well...

Yeah, you can't be 100% sure, but come on. You can't really think that the black bat brought Buggy anything else than a Shichibukai invitation. It would make no sense, especially not after we found out that Jinbei was invited the same way. I don't know what else Oda could have done to draw the picture, except maybe making the bat carry a big flag which says - "I CARRY A SHICHIBUKAI INVITATION!"

And if WG could invite Buggy, who was part of Roger's crew, there's not much surprise in them possibly inviting Law. Akainu doesn't decide who gets to be Shichibukai, nor he decides which Shichibukai gets terminated. As we've seen with Dofla coming to kill Moria, the order came from those above Sengoku. Fleet Admiral leads Marine forces and Shchibukai don't have obligations towards Marines but towards WG. Law doesn't strike me as a person who would refuse Shichibukai title if it helped him in any way. Let's remember, he stayed in Paradise to wait for good time to act. The fact that he stayed in Paradise alone could point to the possibility of him receiving bat-message.

But it's interesting. If Buggy and Law are Shichibukai, who could be the 3rd one? Damn Oda for teasing us.

I don't think M is any character we have met so far.
    Well, as for me I don't like the idea of Buggy being a Shichibukai and in case of Law it isn't important who decides the Shichibukai composition. If Oda wants him to be one there's nothing that speaks against it and if not it is the same way.
    Buggy, however, I can only imagine as a Shichibukai if either his new crew is suddenly portrayed as overly strong so that they could even survive the sea in the NW, the marines provide him their own men like those we saw with Smoker or like Moria he stays only in one place. I don't like neither these examples nor those few I read online so far.
    Last edited by yieps; February 09, 2012 at 08:34 AM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Brook ghost form is quite visible, and I can be wrong but I remember that his sool is still attached to his body and here we don't see anything.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

guys,you are wrong,the "M" doesn't mean that the shichibukai starts with a "M",but just "master",I read other versions where they say "B"(boss). furthermore,how stupid would calling someone with his first letter be?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohana raw says ”M”(マスター). Which btw is very strange, what does the parenthesis mean ? I'm not sure.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    guys,you are wrong,the "M" doesn't mean that the shichibukai starts with a "M",but just "master",I read other versions where they say "B"(boss). furthermore,how stupid would calling someone with his first letter be?
    As it's in the in brackets it's likely just an personal interpretation of the word/letter M. They could also have said M-sensei/dono, which would explain a bit. Also you know codenames, like in the 007 series? They use them all the time, just as some people have nicknames shortened to one letter. I will go with yieps idea, which could mean master, Moria or Mistery Man.

Google translates it to "master".
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 09, 2012 at 09:15 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member 外国人's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone who thinks that the lower-half Samurai could join should keep in mind that Oda has already told us the real-world nationalities of the SHs, with Zoro being revealed that he would be Japanese. Since Wa no Kuni is based on Feudal-era Japan, it is unlikely that Oda would put two Japanese people in the crew of the Straw Hats.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner JMunevar's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Either way I think Law is a shichibukai, we was waiting to steal the "proper throne" remember?, so i think is likely, however i don't think that he is the one, my guess is that is someone else entirely, probably oda just teasing us... but i'm still curious who called in the den den mushi?, what's on the other side on the island? He called the one that killed them SAMURAI, and a shichibukai is a pretty known figure... so i don't think anyone would miss that... where are the samurais anyway? a lot of questions and probably we will have to wait some time for answers.

For the next chapter i think we will see the other side of the island, the decimated crew that called, and on the other side probably one or two of the crew mates of the given "Master" and perhaps some shadows of the main crew or even the Boss... What do you think?
    My thougths
    Spoiler show

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

On the Buggy theory: Looking at raDar's parallelism thread I think we can discover that certain aspects of the New World and Paradise may be shown as similar, though would that apply to east blue as well? Buggy was one of the first villains of the East Blue saga, first major one since Morgan was defeated fast and so was the fat lady. It would not be un-Oda like to start off the New World with the major villain he started the series. Also Smoker is there just as he was in the town that Roger died and was an antagonist for the first saga of Paradise.

Buggy will surely appear, maybe later on, but him appearing at the start is certainly symbolic. Of course this is only if he perfected his power to effect others or something as it was mentioned before.^^ Putting that aside it fits perfectly within some form of parallels that can be drawn with Paradise and even East Blue. Plus if it is Buggy I am sure he will not fight Luffy in any serious manner, maybe be a fun villain as he always was and "M" is the true villain of the arc. That prediction is really good story wise.

New Reply
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast