Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

3 1.74%
  • 2 (Average)

5 2.91%
  • 3 (Good)

55 31.98%
  • 4 (Great!)

81 47.09%
  • 5 (Epic!)

26 15.12%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 1.16%
New Reply
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 656 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 656 Discussion / 657 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
    C'mon Razh, don't disappoint me. Observe those events chronologically, and I think you will reach a different conclusion. Moriah was getting slain after the war had ended and Law had dived. So, I don't think he was aware of that. And I honestly do not see how would saving Dragon's son help his endeavor. His actions didn't signify any attempt of becoming a Shichibukai, I N M Y O P I N I O N. Oh, and, yes, I believe that Law is the Shichibukai, too. After all, it was heavily hinted about that in the recent chapter.
    Well, it's just a possibility. Yeah, I was rushed so I made an error. At the time Law helped Luffy, there was only 1 empty spot. I don't really think Law planned to become one of Shichibukai. I think he just felt like there was an opportunity for him and that was one of the reasons why he didn't go to NW.

It's going to be embarrassing if we find out Law is not a Shichibukai, lol.

I'm in the process of watching Thriller Bark again, and someone mentioned a country where all the worst criminals were sent. That was when they were about to go wake Oars up. I remembered dead Oars skull on PH. Not that I think PH is that land with the criminals, but it could be a possibility.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

C'mon Razh, don't disappoint me. Observe those events chronologically, and I think you will reach a different conclusion. Moriah was getting slain after the war had ended and Law had dived. So, I don't think he was aware of that.
    Hmmh? There was huge news in the paper about Moriah being killed in Marineford when Perona and Mihawk read it, wasn't there? I don't think you can't be aware of that unless you're Luffy - which Law isn't.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hamlet's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Well, it's just a possibility. Yeah, I was rushed so I made an error. At the time Law helped Luffy, there was only 1 empty spot. I don't really think Law planned to become one of Shichibukai. I think he just felt like there was an opportunity for him and that was one of the reasons why he didn't go to NW.
    Agreed. I still find it strange for Law to be prompted by kindness to save Luffy. I believe he has a sly scheme up his sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    It's going to be embarrassing if we find out Law is not a Shichibukai, lol.
    lol, but we speculated well with the scanty evidence we have.

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Hmmh? There was huge news in the paper about Moriah being killed in Marineford when Perona and Mihawk read it, wasn't there? I don't think you can't be aware of that unless you're Luffy - which Law isn't.
    Dude, I don't know what you're insinuating, but it was clearly stated by Doflamingo that Moriah disappeared from the battlefield. The newspaper are covering up the truth.

Anyway guys, we are just a few hours away from the chapter; cheer up xDDD
    Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

A little warning before you read this post: It contains some theories that ̶m̶̶i̶̶g̶̶h̶̶t̶ sound absurd but as the name implies are just theories So they ̶m̶̶i̶̶g̶̶h̶̶t̶ differ quite a lot from the opinion many share (which is actually a reason I came up with them in the first place^^) and the chances might be pretty ̶l̶̶a̶̶w̶ low .

I think those question raised many question. For example who is the shishibuka Leggy was talking about? Personally I don't think it's Law unless he transferred his head to his butt. Because I don't think the legs should be able to talk otherwise (if it's Law's ability).

Another question that was raised is "who is M?" and the question if "M" and the mentioned shishibukai are the very same person. I guess there would be no reason to use "M" as acronym unless he is quite famous. So there are to possiblities: He is indeed pretty famous but still unknown to us or he is famous and we know him. If "M" is used as an abbreviation of his name there are actually not many possibilities as there are only a few characters whose name start with "M". Taking a look at the list of characters of the OP-wikia let me only think about a few.
    I browsed the list and if I take into consideration that "M" might be the shishibukai Leggy was talking about "M" should be quite strong. Moria came to my mind but I dismissed this idea pretty fast but another idea I had is Magellan. Because of his defeat it was said that he was going to commit suicide or something like that so I have to think he is a very pride person and I don't think he would resume his old profession just like that. Maybe Sengoku talked him out of commiting suicide and Magellan was left without a purpose until he remembered a way to redeem himself: Stopping pirates in particular the culprit of the Impel Down disaster: Luffy. I know that he wouldn't need to be a shishibukai but maybe his pride doesn't allow him to be a member of the world government anymore but he still wants to destroy pirates. The only possibility left to do so without being a target of the WG/marines is being shishibukai. So much about his motive.
    There are actually two more reason why I think it COULD be him: The kidnapper used a gas and I think it's not unnatural to think that Magellan would be able to produce a poison that isn't too harmful. The last reason is because I think that he might make a return. A reason for his return is obviously the revenge he wants to extract on Luffy and another one would simply be to show the progress Luffy made in those two years (the downside of that would be that Magellan would be defeated without any chance to take him down and so no chance of redemption either ... well he could become a member of smokers crew or something like that).

Another person that came to my mind while browsing the characters list is McGuy. A captain that allied with Whitebeard. I think that at least some of them might make a reappearance and if you ask why an ally of Whitebeard would defect to the shishibukai there is actually a simply answer: as an ally of Whitebeard he was virtually protected by him and with his defeat lost this protection. Allying with another big force (marines, yonkou for example) would seem like a good idea. Furthermore he didn't seem to weak at least and could pose a quite good challenge as the first new world enemy without pushing the SH to their upmost limits. After the fight there would even be a chance that he becomes an ally of the SH (like he was for WB).

The panda-bears rocking all over the world!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

hey everyone, i haven't been reading the forums for this past week (been playing final fantasy xiii-2) so i haven't been reading the more recent posts. But from the posts i have read, it seems everyon is trying to figure out who this shichibukai. Now i read some say Moria, which could be possible, nothing states otherwise, but other say it's a new member or the shichibukai... As for this M character, has anyone ever thought that maybe that this shichibukai and this M character are competely different people... I mean the gas things doesn't really feel like something a shichibukai would do. why keep them alive. the guy that was stuck to the dragon could have been there for a while and is just constantly thinking that the shichibukai that attacked him a while ago is still trying to hurt him after so many years... beside this legs guy doesn't seem to be all there afterall... lol

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude, I don't know what you're insinuating, but it was clearly stated by Doflamingo that Moriah disappeared from the battlefield. The newspaper are covering up the truth.
    "Moriah is dead" (as official news) means free Shichibukai seat. Even if he disappeared from the battlefield - either Kong or the Gorousei ordered him to be killed by Doflamingo and a group of Pacifista. It doesn't really matter at all whether or not the news paper state any truth: The information behind is that there's an open Shichibukai seat.

Additionally "Blackbeard turning seat down" means free Shichibukai seat, same goes for Jinbe (which was broadcasted to Sabaody, so Law actually saw it live).

If I understand you right, you thought that Law wouldn't see an opportunity to become a Shichibukai from his statement that he ... didn't want to go to the New World at once unlike the other rookies.

But looking at the story chronologically, Law should have definitely known about at least two free seats left by Moriah and Jinbe. So it's logical to assume that he actually went for that position on purpose. I think that he saved Luffy is also part of his strategy to appear like the petty evil.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone seems to have forgotten Magallan... We don't know what his motives were after the breakdown and where his true loyalties lie can still be questionable. He was previously working for the world government (chief of impel down).

Due to his pride as the chief he might have done 1 of these 3 things.
    1) went rogue to capture all escaped pirates, 2 years have passed, he could be the new "warlord"
    2) he was already strong at the time, at least as strong if not stronger than vice admiral. He could have been promoted to the new Navy Admiral. What better way to hunt down criminals than to join the navy?
    3) he stayed where he belongs (still chief of impel down).

Now, 2 years later we have this group with gas masks and this mysterious character called "M". It could be that this M might indeed be Magellan who went to the new world after "blackbeard". After all, it was blackbeard that defeated him. The strawhats may have escaped but they didn't defeat him.

All speculation though =]

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hamlet's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

"Moriah is dead" (as official news) means free Shichibukai seat. Even if he disappeared from the battlefield - either Kong or the Gorousei ordered him to be killed by Doflamingo and a group of Pacifista. It doesn't really matter at all whether or not the news paper state any truth: The information behind is that there's an open Shichibukai seat.
    By using the correlative conjunctions: either...or, you made it seem as though everything points to those two: Kong or Gorosei. We don't have a diagram or a good idea how the WG's political structure is. All Don Quixote de la Mancha, uh, I mean, Donquixote Doflamingo said, as far as I remember, is,"Try higher." We have no indication whatsoever whom he referred to by that. But I remember him being censured by the dude I showed you in the link earlier.

Additionally "Blackbeard turning seat down" means free Shichibukai seat, same goes for Jinbe (which was broadcasted to Sabaody, so Law actually saw it live).
    I don't have the time to flick through the chapters to find out weather or not he was caught by the camera at that moment, but if you want to convince yourself as well as the readers with false premises, that's another story.
    If I understand you right, you thought that Law wouldn't see an opportunity to become a Shichibukai from his statement that he ... didn't want to go to the New World at once unlike the other rookies.
    Nope. You got it wrong, you totally understand me wrong, alas.

But looking at the story chronologically, Law should have definitely known about at least two free seats left by Moriah and Jinbe. So it's logical to assume that he actually went for that position on purpose. I think that he saved Luffy is also part of his strategy to appear like the petty evil.
    Hm...I see. You obviously didn't look at the chapters to gather solid info, and you seek to convince me with a false premise. I can't believe it, lol.
    I won't try to persuade you with anything, but I recommend that you look at the war chapters AGAIN.
    Last edited by Hamlet; February 15, 2012 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Ooooooops!
    Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Scrapheap's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless of course he was offered the position and took it into consideration?
    He does seem the kind to think ahead, unlike Kidd, which i believe may have been asked but refused.
    What better oppourtunity than to be given immunity to arrest and time to better your skills on other pirates in preparation for the New World? Which would give more interesting story/fights etc on the 3 top rookies

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

law saw jimbei getting owned by akainu and then spent a couple of days/weeks with him so im pretty sure he would know there is a position available.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the WG probably chose buggy to become one of the shichibukai because (even if he was imprisoned) he was noted as one of the perpetrators trying to escape impel down which succeeded.. and he was in that war wherein it was broadcasted that he was one of the jolly rogers pirates. plus, sengoku and the others saw him talking to whitebeard and shanks as if they were equal. BUGGY is like "mr.satan" of DBZ, at the end of this manga, i won't be surprised if he'll be declared as the pirate king or he was one of those pirates to reach raftel.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBOTT View Post
    law saw jimbei getting owned by akainu and then spent a couple of days/weeks with him so im pretty sure he would know there is a position available.
    everyone knows that. the only stupid ones are the SH,who don't read newspapers aside from Robin(who knew about Law in Sabaody),although nami read newspapers in the 1st series too. Mihawk told Perona(reading a newspaper) that moria had been killed,hence everyone who reads them knows what's happening in the world. Jinbe told the Sh just about the aokiji and BB things because Marine and yonkous are very important in NW,contrariwise the shichibukai act particularly in the Paradise.

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

By using the correlative conjunctions: either...or, you made it seem as though everything points to those two: Kong or Gorosei. We don't have a diagram or a good idea how the WG's political structure is. All Don Quixote de la Mancha, uh, I mean, Donquixote Doflamingo said, as far as I remember, is,"Try higher." We have no indication whatsoever whom he referred to by that. But I remember him being censured by the dude I showed you in the link earlier.
    Well... In fact, we do have a diagram: One Piece Yellow Data Book. The Supreme Commander who turned out to be Kong is in command of all Cipher Pol units, the Shichibukai, Marine HQ, Enies Lobby and further executives of the World Government. Only the Gorousei outrule him.

I skip the rest. Obviously, I'm much too dumb.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... In fact, we do have a diagram: One Piece Yellow Data Book. The Supreme Commander who turned out to be Kong is in command of all Cipher Pol units, the Shichibukai, Marine HQ, Enies Lobby and further executives of the World Government. Only the Gorousei outrule him.

I skip the rest. Obviously, I'm much too dumb.
    I wonder whether the man who ordered doflamingo to kill moria is above Kong. perhaps he is between him and the gorusei.

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 656 Discussion

^ This is getting too off topic for this chapter discussion... I've answered in the Mega Convo, 3rd chapter
    Last edited by hoeru; February 17, 2012 at 01:55 PM.

New Reply
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast