Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/1/14 - 9/7/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Nurarihyon no Mago Old Discussion Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Slashout's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nurarihyon no Mago by Shiibashi Hiroshi

Quote Originally Posted by Shurou View Post
    So we'll get at least another arc involving the actual traitor from within.. Hope it'll be as epic as the arcs so far (although my favorite has to be the Gyuugi bit).

Not that I thought so anyways, but who's relieved that the One-Eyed wasn't the traitor?
    Yeah I was relieved too. It seemed obvious it was him at the begining, but it was just... TOO obvious. It's nice, that the author didn't take the easy way out.
    Click the banner to discover the world of katekyo hitman reborn!

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Well pretty interesting arc just because of what rikuo said. Jami isn't a youkai. Jami also warned to not come near the girl. So I wonder if jami's intentions are evil. Anyway I had the feeling as reading the first chapter of a new manga. The narration style, a recapitulation which felt as an introduction, etc
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member predsfan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I loled when Yuki Onna was like "I'll just freeze everyone, (even Ienaga)!" She's awesome. And can I say yay for having Kiyotsugu involved in another arc. He never fails to make me laugh.
    This Post Available in Double Vision [Where Drunk]
    "I am the man with no name. Zapp Brannigan at your service."

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shurou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by koenosaki View Post
    Well pretty interesting arc just because of what rikuo said. Jami isn't a youkai. Jami also warned to not come near the girl. So I wonder if jami's intentions are evil. Anyway I had the feeling as reading the first chapter of a new manga. The narration style, a recapitulation which felt as an introduction, etc
    Well, whatever Rikuo was chasing doesn't necessarily have to be Jami, IMO. I base this from the fact that Jami is seen to a towering, lanky youkai and the ah... apparition Rikuo saw seemed to be more child-like in the way it was sort of skipping along.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there might two "apparitions", one being the Samurai, and the other the jealous wife, the malicious one being the wife of course.
    She might still be going after the girls in the "house" out of jealousy, while the samurai tries to protect them. He (if he really is a he, might be a she even though the monk said it was a male) might be the one that came out to warn Rikuo.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner rexeren's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

i think it might have something to do with that hasebe guy who sort of can see youkai while his gang cant.. o_o

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What, nobody here thinks that one of the Jamis is the gang members and the other the real Jami? I've suspected that the Jami that showed up at the end of chapter 48 was a human dressed up as Jami ever since Rikuo said that it didn't feel like a Yokai. And then this chapter showcasing the hatred the townspeople have for Shinako seems to confirm that they don't like her and want to make her miserable, and what better way to do that than by dressing up as an old family horror and getting her ostracized? Though why they hate her I'm not sure...

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imitorar View Post
    What, nobody here thinks that one of the Jamis is the gang members and the other the real Jami? I've suspected that the Jami that showed up at the end of chapter 48 was a human dressed up as Jami ever since Rikuo said that it didn't feel like a Yokai. And then this chapter showcasing the hatred the townspeople have for Shinako seems to confirm that they don't like her and want to make her miserable, and what better way to do that than by dressing up as an old family horror and getting her ostracized? Though why they hate her I'm not sure...
    Hmm... what Rikuo said didn't feel like a youkai was subsequently dealt with presumably at the same time that "Jyami" appeared in the girls' room. The paper seen falling also makes me think that some kind of jutsu-using human (antithetical to the Onmyouji) is involved. We know for sure that there IS a strong youkai in the vincinity, and at the very least, the author seems to want us to believe that whatever popped up in the room was indeed Jyami since (1) it appeared and disappeared without anyone noticing (well, I mean Kana saw it, but she didn't see him materialize so...) and (2) the "Jyami" had a sword, which matches the description of its origin.

You do bring up an interesting possibility of a twist as to why Shinako is hated in the town, indeed. It could very well be reasons beyond just her supposed being followed around by Jyami.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

it'll be the priest bloke or whatever

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner owlish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles Loves You View Post
    it'll be the priest bloke or whatever
    Agreed! My speculation is that the Jyami that appears in the house is a puppet from the town-shirine-priest, most likely to harass the family ( into selling real estate at a cheap price, or some materialistic hidden motive of that sort), and it is being powered by all the charms in the room. (they were supposedly for 'banishing' jami, but instead, they give power to the FakeJami that appears in the room- hence, with the 'spirit-cleansing' every day that the guy from the shrine does, Jami-apparition in bedroom gets stronger every day)
    The Jami outside the house is a Youkai, (and the real Jami) and unable to enter the house because of the shrine's charms. ..This is what I've come up with so far. ^^ Wild peculation indeed, and I'm curious to see how things will play out.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by owlish View Post
    Agreed! My speculation is that the Jyami that appears in the house is a puppet from the town-shirine-priest, most likely to harass the family ( into selling real estate at a cheap price, or some materialistic hidden motive of that sort), and it is being powered by all the charms in the room. (they were supposedly for 'banishing' jami, but instead, they give power to the FakeJami that appears in the room- hence, with the 'spirit-cleansing' every day that the guy from the shrine does, Jami-apparition in bedroom gets stronger every day)
    The Jami outside the house is a Youkai, (and the real Jami) and unable to enter the house because of the shrine's charms. ..This is what I've come up with so far. ^^ Wild peculation indeed, and I'm curious to see how things will play out.
    I like this prediction It's been done before, the materialistic bad guy thing... this scenario fits it pretty well.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

speculation thirded. and the jami yokai joins the team afterwards

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Owlish probably got it right.

Another new youkai for the young master!

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by owlish View Post
    This is a good idea, but I doubt it is what's happening here (I'm refering to the monk being a fraud trying to force people out of the houses).
    That particular part, with that monk trying to sell the properties to real estate agent for a cheaper price than their value is exactly what happened in the pilote One shot of Nurarihyon (a fake monk uses his monk status and chase people out of their houses using Youkai stuff, to sell the houses to some yakuzas). It would be weird if a similar story happened.. again ^^.
    Last edited by Slashout; March 12, 2009 at 10:23 AM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

not really, one shot stories can often reappear within serialisations

New Reply
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast