Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Nurarihyon no Mago Old Discussion Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Slashout's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nurarihyon no Mago by Shiibashi Hiroshi

We can only wait and see. But it would be weird. And it will feel un-original. I doubt the author needs to rely on ideas he already used when he didn't even reach 50 chapters yet. I mean what's the point? He shouldn't be out of ideas yet. At least he should wait until we forget all about the one shot, somewhere around chapters 200 or something <_< (yeah I'm sure we'll get there xD).

Besides most of the time, what happen in the One shot is re-used on the first chapters of a manga more or less partially and the link is often obvious (story wise or character wise). Here it's a completly different "story", settings and characters. It would just be the cheating monk and real estate stuff re-used...
    Last edited by Slashout; March 12, 2009 at 11:43 AM.
    Click the banner to discover the world of katekyo hitman reborn!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner owlish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slashout View Post
    This is a good idea, but I doubt it is what's happening here (I'm refering to the monk being a fraud trying to force people out of the houses).
    That particular part, with that monk trying to sell the properties to real estate agent for a cheaper price than their value is exactly what happened in the pilote One shot of Nurarihyon (a fake monk uses his monk status and chase people out of their houses using Youkai stuff, to sell the houses to some yakuzas). It would be weird if a similar story happened.. again ^^.
    Ah- I forgot the pilot oneshot completely. After looking at it again, you're right that it would be a repetition if things play out that way. Well, only 1-2 more days until we find out the answer! : D

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner rexeren's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm most of the predictions here turned out..... true O_O

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member predsfan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsurara freezing Kana was pure win. She is becoming funnier and funnier in these not so serious arcs.

Also, do normal people go deaf when Yoruo is out or something, b/c from what I can tell right before he goes to exchange sake w/the Jami, he says his name is Nura Rikuo, out loud I assumed, and the glasses chick is standing right there. Surely she heard it.
    This Post Available in Double Vision [Where Drunk]
    "I am the man with no name. Zapp Brannigan at your service."

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

invisibility trait perhaps has some other effects to the normal people

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by predsfan View Post
    Tsurara freezing Kana was pure win. She is becoming funnier and funnier in these not so serious arcs.

Also, do normal people go deaf when Yoruo is out or something, b/c from what I can tell right before he goes to exchange sake w/the Jami, he says his name is Nura Rikuo, out loud I assumed, and the glasses chick is standing right there. Surely she heard it.
    Yup I just love Tsurara xD. Favorite Girl of the manga for me ^^.

About people going deaf around Yoruo I wondered about that too for a while now.
    Like in chapter 20 page 09. Some youkai shout "Rikuo-sama" in the presence of Kana. She already had some "small" doubts at the time, but didn't react to this. Or chapter 45 last page Tamazuki calls Yoruo "Rikuo" in front of the omnyouji girl... she strongly suspected him at the time, and didn't even twitch to this. I'm pretty sure there were other times like this, and some might not have shown in the translation, names are more used in japanese than in english if I'm not wrong.
    Last edited by Slashout; March 15, 2009 at 08:30 AM.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

This arc can be compared to a sorbet. It's an arc that tastes good and very good to cool down all the heavy things you eated (in this case read) before. So Jami is part of rikuyo's hyakki. Shima-kun is funny with his oikawa obsession. I think the female char design is really good, if I had to choose a favorite one? Well don't know her name
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The last arc made me like Tsurara a lot more, her type of character doesn't often interest me a huge amount but she's been developed pretty well in the latest chapters.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by owlish View Post
    Agreed! My speculation is that the Jyami that appears in the house is a puppet from the town-shirine-priest, most likely to harass the family ( into selling real estate at a cheap price, or some materialistic hidden motive of that sort), and it is being powered by all the charms in the room. (they were supposedly for 'banishing' jami, but instead, they give power to the FakeJami that appears in the room- hence, with the 'spirit-cleansing' every day that the guy from the shrine does, Jami-apparition in bedroom gets stronger every day)
    The Jami outside the house is a Youkai, (and the real Jami) and unable to enter the house because of the shrine's charms. ..This is what I've come up with so far. ^^ Wild peculation indeed, and I'm curious to see how things will play out.
    You were right, I apologize.
    /Bow

I really didn't except the author to re-use the one shot already ^^;.
    Well it turned out pretty good. The end of the chapter was the best part too. (I still need more Yuki Onna though ! )
    Last edited by Slashout; March 16, 2009 at 04:59 PM.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

it's been a year in serialisation, i can't say it's surprising that the one shot story finally got used

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Oda reused his oneshot within two months, so I'd say that compared to that, Shiibashi held out for a pretty long time. Most manga-ka who don't make changes to the universe as established in their one shot end up reusing the story at one point or another. I mean, if you've already got a story planned out, why not use? You just have to change it and elaborate on it enough to be not drawing the oneshot again, and I'd say that Shiibashi certainly suceeded in that.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, we put the progress of the chapters?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nurarihyon is one of my favourites ongoing at the moment, but it could use some polishing all-around.

I've always considered NuraMago to be 'what Reborn only dreams it could be', but I think NuraMago needs to mold up more on the development of the side-characters, interaction to throw in more spice into both the 'core' Hyakki and the school gang, especially the ones connected to the youkai world. Also some worldly development of sorts, since it'd be interesting to get an idea on the youkai geography and the diversification of the onmyouji arts, since I think a Yura Onmyouji Family arc is just a matter of time as well.

At this point, the only characters that I think are quite well-done in the Hyakki are pretty much Rikuo, Tsurara, Gyuuki, his 2 sidekicks and a little personal bias on the monk. Other than that, there's a feeling that the others still lack some quirk or depth to them, and is about the only part where Reborn does the whole 'Guardians' thing better.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the thing is wth dont they notice that rikou is a yoika its just stupid lol

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Tytani's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm in the chapter 51 I think that 2 page should be 3 page... but it doesn't matter XD
    The new arc in my opinion will be the best :3 and the new uniform are awesome XDD I hope that one of Crows with black hair, will be have more role :P ( someone know what his name? )
    Sorry for offtop, but I have super stupid question...
    My friend thinks that Kubinashi is guy, but I thought that she is a girl O_O
    I search manga, but I can't find anywhere the answer, sooo what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Guts View Post
    Nurarihyon no Mago v01 tank raw - http://sharebee.com/aeee6d86

Cover       Undercover       ToC

Extras

ah someone scanlated this already? *.*
    Last edited by Tytani; March 29, 2009 at 01:38 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast