Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: [Webtoon] Hive by KIM Gyu-Sam

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[Webtoon] Hive by KIM Gyu-Sam

Genre: Action, Horror, Survival, Post-Apocalyptic, Drama
    Author:KIM Gyu-Sam
    Artist:KIM Gyu-Sam
    Description: This story is about downtrodden office manager who is knocked out by a giant wasp and wakes up days later to find the world he knew is gone. Replaced by a nightmare where freakish bugs have taken over the city.

My thoughts: Good horror series. Similar in tone to the zombie apocalypse type stuff but with a nice monster movie feel. The protagonist is likeable and easy to sympathize with. For this series I think a lot is going to ride on building up a diverse supporting cast and not going too dark unnecessarily.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Webtoon] Hive by KIM Gyu-Sam

Does it have combats or survival baseball bat hit stuffs? I got tired of the latter after playing few games, after resi got famous many non name games of this genre came out nd i was a fan then got all of em then got tired for real.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    Does it have combats or survival baseball bat hit stuffs? I got tired of the latter after playing few games, after resi got famous many non name games of this genre came out nd i was a fan then got all of em then got tired for real.
    He gets an assault rife in the latest chapter and it's revealed that he does have military training. So he's kind of a reluctant badass. There are also abandoned tanks and APC's everywhere. So I'm guessing there will be no shortage of firearms.

Can't do much with a bat against a 800 pound mutant ant creature anyway.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

read up to the latest chap in Batoto. Its pretty decent imho. But it seems the scannaltion is slow, no? you said stuffs about him being in army and tank few weeks back and still the latest chap is about him saying he ws in army and the tank ie u were talking from this chap.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading up to chapter 20 I have slightly mixed feelings about this story.

I was really hoping it would take it's cues from the Alien series, becoming a tale of human survival in the face of a deadly species and tapping into a primal fear, and about 1/4th of the time that's what it is. But the other 3/4ths seem to draw inspiration from the Walking Dead series, using the apocalyptic scenario as more of a stage for human drama and tapping into peoples fears about humanity itself, and that doesn't work for me as well.

The bug preacher guy is a perfect example. Not only was it cynical and unnecessary, it just didn't make a whole lot of sense. There was no believable motivation or sense of "I could see why people would do that." Things like that just seem contrived in order to produce drama that wasn't really needed.

The other thing I'm not really sure about with this series is the protagonist and his resolve to rescue his wife and child. I think that's a great motivation but since neither was ever fleshed out to be anything more than plot devices that doesn't resonate with me the way it seems to have been intended. His wife isn't so much a character as she is a plot device and as a direct result his relationship with his female coworker, who is an actual character, is much more interesting and deeper. It's created something of a disconnect between the protagonist and me as a reader.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I read till latest chapter and I'm loving this series. Artwork is good especially the background.

The only thing I hate is that the MC is too much of a good guy which is a turnoff seeing this is a survival series.

So the female lead have some secrets or is it just us reader's assumption?

Noblesse Forever!

New Reply