Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Webtoon] Girls of the Wild's by Hun & Kim Hye Jin

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Webtoon] Girls of the Wild's by Hun & Kim Hye Jin

49 RAW

I need a trans on what boxer dude did there but my opinion if him just got better again either way
    Last edited by haegar; July 22, 2012 at 03:40 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh seems like he threw a jab towards his face, and he kept his eyes open the whole time, and it appears to shocked him. then a surrender

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i just began reading this in the morning from chapter 1 - 50 and it was awesome i like it because of the similarities of the protagonist to Shioon from the breaker :P

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Speculation for the next chapter:
    Near-Death Tirggered Super Ultimate God of Rage Mode or clinically dead for thirty seconds. Hell, why not both?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

haha the cliche beserker? well i dont mind what he does, as long as he beats in the red heads face. the releases feeeel so slow, damn you weekly release! maybe i should do a batch read again

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

GYAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! They just cuddle up next to him and fell asleep on the floor!! And the nurse is all like "wha?" Funniest thing I've seen all day!!

---------- Post added September 23, 2012 at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was August 27, 2012 at 08:08 PM ----------

They call her Ms. Pig!

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That was great!

My favorite panel of the week I think. And probably one of my favorite "scary faces" of all time.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

New chapter.
    Highlights:
    "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS IMPOSSIBLE!!"
    Big brother instinct is over 9000.
    Dal Dal is seeing hearts!

---------- Post added October 28, 2012 at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was October 21, 2012 at 07:44 PM ----------

Now that the evil red head has been defeated, what's next for our protagonist?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noooooooooo! Why does the chapter always end at the peak of drama!?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

will this fight ever end ??
    and what is power level in this i mean u win against stronger opponent but have hard fight against weaker opponent
    Last edited by suraj5898; December 10, 2012 at 02:01 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The biggest issue with the series is a lack of direction. Although there were some issues before, the series has flitted around apparently aimlessly since Jae Gu beat Kim Hangyul.

It was important to note the change in the rules of the Wild League in that the weapons competition has been consolidated with the normal tournament, but the event battle was largely pointless minus some comedy.

The whole mafia battle was even more pointless and drawn out. If I had to find a purpose for that whole sequence, I'd say it would be to remove Jae Gu's naivete about fights, but him being naive was kind of ridiculous in the first place. This is a character who said "life is a war" and was picked on for years. I understand that him fighting back is a major change in his personality and that he is still generally a nice guy, but while that might mean that he isn't going to be ruthless, he would definitely expect his opponents to be.

While there is still the Wild League going on, I was expecting some hint of the direction the series is now going to take in chapter 71, but alas, there was none.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    The biggest issue with the series is a lack of direction. Although there were some issues before, the series has flitted around apparently aimlessly since Jae Gu beat Kim Hangyul.

It was important to note the change in the rules of the Wild League in that the weapons competition has been consolidated with the normal tournament, but the event battle was largely pointless minus some comedy.

The whole mafia battle was even more pointless and drawn out. If I had to find a purpose for that whole sequence, I'd say it would be to remove Jae Gu's naivete about fights, but him being naive was kind of ridiculous in the first place. This is a character who said "life is a war" and was picked on for years. I understand that him fighting back is a major change in his personality and that he is still generally a nice guy, but while that might mean that he isn't going to be ruthless, he would definitely expect his opponents to be.

While there is still the Wild League going on, I was expecting some hint of the direction the series is now going to take in chapter 71, but alas, there was none.
    It's definitely not what I would call focused and the pacing is pretty slow on top of that but I have to confess that I love it anyway. I just really enjoy watching this cast of characters be themselves.

The protagonist is the weakest point so far but I feel like he's starting to come along, even if it isn't quite as fast as I would perfer.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read this manga for probably the last 45 chapters now. It's decent, but nothing much happens. The fights and the comedy are entertaining, but the series itself is pretty lacking.

Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I've read this manga for probably the last 45 chapters now. It's decent, but nothing much happens. The fights and the comedy are entertaining, but the series itself is pretty lacking.
    I'm curious what you think it lacks specifically.

I mean, I wouldn't call it perfect but I think it's been pretty enjoyable for what it is. Which is basically a RomCom.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The series is enjoyable for what it is, but it could be better without a lot of major changes.

Specific things I find lacking:
    -Series direction. Already explained, but the series has wandered around for awhile and I have no idea where it is going. Is Jaegu going to become a Kenichi character and learn all the various different types of fighting styles? Why continue to fight after the Wild League preliminaries? He accomplished his goal of showing his good side to his siblings, but he still has the issue of needing to save energy for school and work rather than fighting. Are we going to see anything more with his mother? (Now might actually be a perfect time for her to make an appearance, especially if she can destabilize his relationship with the girls.)

-Song Jaegu's motivation for "changing". It is a lot harder to make pacifists interesting, so I understand why he was made to decide to fight, but I thought he was a lot more interesting before that. Bash Kim Hangyul in the head with a brick and leave him to die in an alley? Sure, but not get into a ring and fight for no real reason.

-Too much stating of how badass Dal Dal, Lee Moonyoung, and Queen are and not enough of them actually showing it. The prohibition on fighting outside the ring has lead to them making threatening statements and scary faces without any real follow through. The Wild League will likely solve this, but there could have been a touch more sparring early in the series.

-Not enough school action. Other than being eye raped by the women in the school, Jaegu seems to have almost zero interaction with anyone other than the main 3 female characters. I understand wanting to keep the cast of characters small because doing otherwise means characters going long periods without face time (see every series ever), but I'd have liked more scenes like when he was in class being bothered by the girls during break or them changing in the classroom for PE. It doesn't have to be much, just enough to remind me that he is actually going to school.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast