Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Webtoon] Girls of the Wild's by Hun & Kim Hye Jin

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member world is wide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Webtoon] Girls of the Wild's by Hun & Kim Hye Jin

Yeah this webtoon is a little confusing. First impression is of a Kenichi like "weak to strong" martial arts series, but it is actually much heavier on the rom/com aspects.

Doubt Queen is just going to go away, but confused where this can go. Is the gang going to try to convince her parents, or perhaps convince Queen to rebel?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It isn't a direction I necessarily want the series to take at this time (it could have worked better a lot earlier into the series), but Jaegu could be hired by one of the YK affiliated corporations. (Driver Park would have to be the in as I don't think he'd accept the "charity" from Queen, and that would doubly eliminate the possibility of the cliched instance of his being hired as her personal assistant) Queen would then through "pure chance" start helping manage that company as part of her learning of the family business.

If that were to happen, I'd kind of like Park Sun Mi (Jaegu's mother) to happen to be working at that company or something similar. As Jaegu said in this chapter, he isn't going to be fighting anymore (that's good. It would be stupid for him to continue) which creates a void in the series which would be nicely filled with familial drama which would destabilize his relationships with the girls.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anticipating where this is going. It's a fun series.

---------- Post added January 13, 2013 at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was January 06, 2013 at 06:46 PM ----------

Chapter after this, Queen will probably toss her brother from the helicopter for flying such an embarrasing banner.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure I agree with the direction this appears to be going, but the last page was absolutely hilarious.

---------- Post added January 29, 2013 at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was January 14, 2013 at 07:14 PM ----------

Instead of scouting someone who got the shit kicked out of her by Queen, wouldn't it make more sense for Jaegu to:
    -Scout people coming out of the preliminaries (Dal Dal and Moonyoung are less likely to have seen them fight before)
    -Scout the people/person who beat them in the previous tournament if they are still competing
    -Scout Queen (the ultimate goal, assuming she is competing)
    -Scout the competitors from the weapons tournament that is integrating with the normal tournament. (Both Dal Dal and Moonyoung struggled against weapon users in the exhibition match. They should spend a lot of time preparing to fight them)
    -Promise either of them that if they win the tournament that he will go out with them.

Basically, literally anything but what he is currently doing.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

New chapter hints Jaegu won't just stay in the coach's box forever. I think.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It does, but what is his motivation? He'll get his good grades if Dal Dal/Moonyoung win a few fights, so he has literally nothing to gain from trying to become a great fighter. Seeing as it directly contradicts his stated goal of getting through school while expending as little energy as possible, the reasoning better be damned good.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

is it me or GoW is becoming a love story rather than a martial art manhwa? .......... oh wait he broke her hands with just a kick wow that was kick ass

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Becoming a love story? Was I mistaking the horde of female students looking at Jaegu like he was glass of water in the Sahara from the second chapter for something else?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The last few chapters have been good, but we really need to see some indication of where the series is going to go for the short term in the next chapter.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Still no clue where this is going, but I'm not complaining. Why is that red-headed bastard back, though? While I'll admit that a cocky Jaegu is just delightful, I'd prefer a subversion of the whole defeat means friendship trope here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally read this one. And it's weird. Like there are two different mangaka for the same webtoon.

The beginning is sad. Saegu is going through many problems. The guy is the king of bad luck.
    But then it's slowly transforming into a light-hearted harem manga.

Often in mangas/manwhas, female characters are stupid/weak/useless & everything is around male characters. Here, it's the complete opposite. The male characters are mostly annoying (the red-headed bully, the yakuza) & the female characters are super strong, charismatic, funny, ...

All in all, it's not bad but I think that the end is near. I don't see what this webtoon can still offer. Saegu is no longer the king of bad luck, Queen is finally a human being starting to feel & accept emotions ...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"Because life is too short" ???! That poor yakuza boy is going to die, isn't he? Month long break?!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list....30&weekday=fri
    manhwa about NOBLESSE AND Girl the Wild's ? WHO IS THIS TRANSLATE ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

With so many manhwas in hiatuses (is it like that?) I took interest in his one and read in a couple days....

I liked! I usually don't read harem because they are full of useless echii and stupid shoujo romance plot, but this one not. It is fun to see their comedic daily life without those exageration, plus the martial arts are an extra!

So... Which girl do you guy prefer? Queen, Moon Young, Dal Dal, wushu girl?

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Black Void's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer Queen, but sometimes. I'm not sure.. Moon Young and Dal Dal are great, love them, too^^

Girls of The Wilds is a great webtoon,i really like it!
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic134950_2.gif

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast