Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 335 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter 335 Discussion / 336 Predictions

"If your organization ever becomes boring I'll come back to play...for REAL this time"
    --Pariston to Cheadle (from mangasteam)

It may just be me but that sounds like Pariston was threatening Cheadle.

Though the mangareader just has Pariston say "I'll seriously make fun of you."

So maybe the mangastream translation just sounds threatening?
    Or is the mangareader translation just wrong?

Though Pariston's expression doesn't look like he's saying "I'll seriously make fun of you."
    I mean really, that sounds like something you say in jest with a big grin on your face.
    On the contrary Pariston looks for once in his life completely serious.

and since Cheadle is incredibly boring I think we stand a very good chance of seeing
    more Pariston and this time with a vengeance.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, where should I start? I kind of had mixed feelings at the beginning for this chapter.

First, about the meeting, i liked how Ging acted, awkward at the beginning and more confident with the advice and him going on a rampage on the other hunters was hilarious
    On the other hand, I was expecting Gon to be more mature, that was a little too much crying for me especially since I had another image about him after the ants... I guess you could say he is just unstable and unpredictable. He is usually a kid but sometimes when he wants to, he can be really serious. It could be a good thing. I mean when a skilled nen user looks at Killua they can tell his strength but they always underestimate Gon since it seems that the nen he can draw for a fight depends on his mood and feelings rather than just a fixed reserve (I don't know if I'm making any sense here^^'). In short, you can't really tell his potential because his nen (or he himself) is unstable.

Second thing, I liked when at the end of the chapter Gon said that he needed to apologize to Killua for snapping at him and accusing him of being calm because he wasn't concerned by the situation (I assume that's what Gon meant with ''I said something terrible"). I thought that Gon hadn't realized that he had said something wrong that bothered Killua since he is so aloof. Now that I think about it I wonder what they told Gon about who healed him or if he even asked. It should be obvious by the medical equipment and Leorio's reaction when he met him that Gon was heavily injured and that he didn't heal magically on his own without a scratch left. Plus Leorio's excuse about why Killua wasn't there is half-assed. Who would shut his phone while searching for a way to heal his dying friend and thus not know what is the condition of said friend he is trying to save? If Gon pauses to think a little he should figure out easily that something is off.

Then, I don't think that Gon and Leorio are heading towards Killua. I think they are going to see Kaito and if Gon doesn't put two and two together, we will probably see Killua facing Illumi alone which is what I think will happen. I honestly can't guess what will happen between the two brothers. I believe that Alluka will stay in a coma-like state for quite a while as the consequence for healing Gon, so even if Illumi gets his hands on him/her he shouldn't be able to 'use' Nanika for some time.

I find it funny that Killua was angry at Gon for doing everything on his own in the ant incident yet now he does the exact same thing with Alluka
    Last edited by miotara; February 09, 2012 at 06:08 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noonealive View Post
    I don't know if you guys haven't noticed but Pariston pointed out that he did this whole election scandal as a tribute to Netero. He respected him this much so he had to show some gratitude to the chairman he looked up to the most. It was his way of showing how he appreciated Netero. which i thought was cool and made his character stand out a lot more. Im sure togashi isn't done with Pariston's character one bit.
    I liked the fact that Gon didn't care so much about meeting his dad in a way. He poured his feelings out to Ging about Kaito which was satifactory for me. Ging being a douchebag still comforted Gon and reassured him that it wasn't his fault. This chapter was great and can't wait for the next one!!

My thoughts exactly. Would be good if Pariston is as strong as Ging/Kuroro etc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

i am sure this had been mentioned somewhere, but Ging totally reminds me of Yuusuke Urameshi. :0

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R4n View Post
    i am sure this had been mentioned somewhere, but Ging totally reminds me of Yuusuke Urameshi. :0
    He looks completely like him! I am so glad that the meeting between gon and gin is not the end of HXH. it would be nice if gin would come and help them with illumi,

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sea Hunter's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read the chapter soooo here goes:

Every single page in this chapter turned out to be either complete opposite of what everyone thought or didn't ever occur to anyone.
    I couldn't stop laughing for a while when i saw the next panel after after Ging said "ehm i dont know about that i'm a busy man..". I must say when Pariston asked Gon who would he chose i was dumbfounded i felt like cheadel , her thought were exactly my own shows how much of a monster he is when it comes to reading other people's minds/hearts and with mind games in general (even Ging was surprised), and i wasn't at all excpecting him to forfeit his position i really wanted him to be chairman though i didn't really expect (yea like we can ever expect something to happen and it does happen in hxh) Pariston to care about Netero, guess the election was his way of mourning him or something...i'm somewhat shocked.

Yuske's personality is my personal favorite for a main char in any manga, no wonder i like Ging more everytime he yells or gets yelled at lol

Also one of the thing i wasn't expecting (sigh) is Kaito's ability, does that mean his brain wasn't eaten by the queen and he got reborn cuz of his nen? if that's the case then he probably retained all of his memories and abilities.

As usual i type my thoughts as soon as i read the chapter so i'll go read all the posts now

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member hunted's Avatar
    Country
    Bhutan
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a very strange idea ...
    as kurapica didnt appear till now ...
    may be he will interfare in the meeting of killua and illume

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Pariston giving up his post as the chairman was quite a surprise to me at the beginning but if you think about it, it actually makes sense. Anyone would think that being the chairman gives power. Well it is true up to a certain point but I believe that whoever is chairman has to answer to someone else. Don't you remember, during Netero's fight we saw a flashback of someone or more like a group asking him to destroy the ants (this page and the one after http://www.mangareader.net/207-14297-9/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-288.html).

It looked to me like they were the ones taking the decisions and not Netero (he even thought at some point when the king sat and asked him to just talk "the decision won't change"). If that's the case then it means that the position of chairman is actually limited and you can't really do whatever you want, so I highly doubt that Pariston, knowing this, would want the position. He doesn't seem like someone who would enjoy being monitored or accept someone else's decision.

On that note, I wonder who that group was, I have a hunch we might hear about them again.

Totally aside from that, I think that I came across proof that Ging has been watching Gon. http://www.mangareader.net/207-14156-15/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-147.html We see an unknown guy and in the panel just after we see a house in the middle of nowhere. All this time I thought that it was Hisoka watching Gon and that was how Hisoka's nickname 'kuroro Lucifer' appeared in Gon's book list. However after paying more attention, the unknown guy's shoes don't have heels and we've never seen Hisoka without them or with long pants. That's why I think it might have been Ging. You are going to tell me that the design doesn't match Ging's current design either but it does match the one he had when he was 12. Or it could be someone else completely...

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Moeru's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeap i agree with you, honestly since i saw Pariston trolling and Gin tell that he's looking only for fun, i thought that he'll give up the post soon after his election or do some evil thing during the x day, but we don't know the man he can be anything! Remember he is the Rat of the zodiak and he act like one (that doesn't mean anything though...).

And yes the President of the HA and all of the Hunters have to answer to a committee as you can read all make sense with the missing hunter and the pro Pariston vote. People powerful like Hunters cannot act without supervision and they can't have all of those advantages by themselves, there is certainly a government at the top and they need it. Some nen user are really fucked up... That's why Hunters like Bushidora & Co want the 10 commandments and the Hunter Exam to be reformed but that's not worth it, a lot of people with bad intention can have access to Nen and didn't need any Hunter license to get what they want.... I think (and hope) that Togashi will continue to developing the political view of the HA.

Raaaah that right i can't remember if we saw who's that guy; I've been looking but didn't find anything, Instead i have something quite funny, in a sense...
    Last edited by Moeru; February 09, 2012 at 05:50 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The stuff Netero was talking to, that's clearly more like the UN or some kind of Illumnati organization. After all, I doubt the Hunter just found a Rose from their storage house. Obivously someone with a huge amount of power authorized this and the Hunter's Association, for all their power, still has to answer to these guys.

There are also comittees within Hunter's Association. Powerful characters listen to these guys because presumably that's the rules they agreed on ahead of time, not because these unnamed individuals are unfathomably powerful. It's like how the president can't just blow off the Senate/House of Representatives even if he's super popular. I don't see how these committees can possibly challenge the top Hunters in terms of fighitng power, but of course the top Hunters still respect their decisions because that's how the organization works.

At any rate I think Pariston prefers to stay in the shadows even if he was planning something. He seems to only plotting evil because that's everything the Hunters do not stand for, so he knows he'll be able to get his fun when he makes an evil plot since Hunters are obliged to stop him. If the Hunters are actually an organization of evil people, I'm sure he'd be plotting good deeds, again just because he wants to mess with the organization. That's why his warning to Chidol is quite scary too. That is, if Chidol failed to make things interesting, he'd actually be serious in his evil plots because he wasn't entertained.

In Metal Gear Solid series, Otacon says when he built the Metal Gear he left a weakness basically because he thinks all super powerful bosses needs a weakness. Pariston is almost the same way. In retrospect it is clear he could've won the election rather easily if he was at all serious about it, but he actually gave his opponent multiple chances to defeat him (Gon could've said to vote for Leorio) because there's no fun if you always win. In fact, I think he prefers to lose because that means his opponents will stick around to amuse him the next time. If he did become the Chairman, I think he'd find it very boring to laugh at the face of a bunch of losers who have given up.
    Last edited by Phantron; February 09, 2012 at 10:16 PM.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Re: Hunter x Hunter 335 Discussion / 336 Predictions

this is my first time to post in this thread.. can you guys consider my thoughts?

- what did the "you might be slapped again" words from ging for? it was like emphasized.

- didnt you doubted Pariston to be Gyro?

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow what an asshole (Gin and Pariston both). Well, soon 5000 chimera ants will arize. Toodles everything we've learned to love!

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe, just maybe, Kaito can still come back to life with his skill?

Sometimes I like to try shooting the moon, and right now I think Kaito didn't get the chance to use his last resort against Pitou, and that would be the reason to why he's an ant and not his own self. So perhaps he just survived like those other ants did, and Gon still has the chance to bring him back to life by putting him through a great risk and waiting for the little rat-girl to use Kaito's ability. Anyone else think it's possible?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

somehow i dont feel happy with that kaito is that little girl it would be even better if he would be dead
    why making him a little girl
    but if he can back really back to normal i have nothing against it because kaito is actually a cool character

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sea Hunter's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea Kaito is a very cool char but you need to realize that as an ant his potential is a lot higher than his human self, with training ant Kaito can be 10 times stronger than what he used to be.
    Still, i hate the fact that he's a girl now...

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast