Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Hisoka vs Pariston, who will win?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hisoka

13 39.39%
  • Pariston

10 30.30%
  • Hard to predict.

10 30.30%
  • It would be a draw.

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Hisoka vs Pariston

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hisoka vs Pariston

Hisoka againnst Pariston, in a fight or even better, a mind game.

They're for me the best villains in all mangas for a while, for their cunning, for the intelect, for everything. I would like to read the others members opinions and situations about what would happen inf the had a strugle.
    Last edited by Sakazuki; February 02, 2012 at 01:13 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hisoka vs Pariston

Well they are both cunning and really good at mind games but Hisoka has one main disadvantage.

We don't exactly know what Pariston really wants except that he does things for the fun of it. Hisoka is the same but we know that what he wants is fight against strong opponents, there is something about him that is predictable and that could work against him, he wouldn't do anything that would cost him a good fight. Plus he likes so much fighting with what he considers worthy people that he gets too fixated on them. We can see this at the scene where Hisoka and Illumi met for the first time at this new arc. Illumi told him that he was so fixated on Kuroro that he completely missed on the ants and a chance to fight them and Netero. Hisoka even said that he wasn't good at setting his priorities and he suggested that Illumi be his manager

Pariston could use that to his advantage in many ways while he himself, from what we've seen this far, doesn't really have anything that someone could use against him, so my vote goes to him. It would be a close call though

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Based off of feats: Hisoka.

Based off of hype: Pariston.

Pariston is a triple star Hunter and while it's not necessarily due to strength having strength can possibly help in getting a triple star rating.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Difficult to say whitout at least having a glimpse on Pariston's nen capabilities. So I go with the hard to predict option =]
    Though, I might add that I don't see this battle happening in the manga, mainly because I have this idea that Hisoka praises more fighting type guys over manipulative ones when choosing with whom to fight <_<

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

(I am new to this forum by the way, nice to be here! I used to post on a now disappeared forum (nxg) before the hiatuses a looong time ago, i really missed that! Hxh is the best for discussing!)

What's funny is that Hisoka and Pariston have lots in common. Like Ging and Pariston, Hisoka is also one of those characters who's goal is very fluctuating, depending on what situation brings him the most pleasure.

I'd just say that Hisoka is 100% battle oriented, that gives him the upper hand on pretty much anyone in a fight.

If it's purely a mind battle without fists, god knows what would happen, but Hisoka is pretty extreme and efficient in those situations too. He was in a very bad spot when the predictions were made in York Shin, but fooled everyone including Kuroro and turned the situation to his advantage. That situation kinda reminds me of how Pariston manipulated the zodiacs and the hunters. They both played the riskiest cards with confidence.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't care about pariston...i'll cheer for hisoka.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

There can be no real outcome to this debate.

We know very little about Pariston's fighting ability - I assume he is a strong fighter for three reasons

1. Triple Star Hunter - there are limits to how much mind games you can play, you still have to fight occasionally.
    2. He felt being healed from a long distance away.
    3. He is being introduced as a Core Character Cast (aside from 4 protagonist in the Manga) - Like Kuroro/Zeno's Family/Ging/Hisoka/Notero - they all have one thing in common, they are very strong.

We will have to wait and see what Pariston is capable of in fighting skills - but the manga is long due for a serious fight scene of Human vs Human (They are much more interesting fights than ants, because the ants were born to be strong)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Fighting Skills: Hisoka

Mind Games: Pariston

Hisoka isn't cunning, he just likes to play with his food before eating.
    Pariston on the other hand, is much more twisted (since he doesn't lift a finger by himself). Being a 3 star hunter doesn't mean anyhting in fighting terms, just that he accomplished a lot of stuff, but since he felt Alluka's aura from a distance, we can at least conclude that he's a pretty skilled Nen user (which, again, doesn't mean he's a strong fighter).

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zvane View Post
    Fighting Skills: Hisoka

Mind Games: Pariston

Hisoka isn't cunning, he just likes to play with his food before eating.
    Pariston on the other hand, is much more twisted (since he doesn't lift a finger by himself). Being a 3 star hunter doesn't mean anyhting in fighting terms, just that he accomplished a lot of stuff, but since he felt Alluka's aura from a distance, we can at least conclude that he's a pretty skilled Nen user (which, again, doesn't mean he's a strong fighter).
    Hisoka's pretty quick witted, seems to me what he likes the most is mind games..his whole personnality is about getting off fooling strong and intelligent people like Kuroro, he showed that during york shin arc plenty enough...even his abilities are a reflection of that, they're adaptable but not straightforward weapons.

He's just not a politician, if he was to get other people do his killings that wouldn't make any sense

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

You know...at first I thought Pariston would be Transformation because He is similar to Hisoka. Then I thought He was manipulation because that seems his main characteristic...Now I think He's Emission based. He doesn't lie, He just hides the truth and picks his words awfully fast and clever. I'm basing myself on Hisoka Nen Test, of course.

And I can't possibly know. Pariston maybe too much hype, but you don't become a Zodiac because you're just smart. After all they're the playing mates of Netero.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    You know...at first I thought Pariston would be Transformation because He is similar to Hisoka. Then I thought He was manipulation because that seems his main characteristic...Now I think He's Emission based. He doesn't lie, He just hides the truth and picks his words awfully fast and clever. I'm basing myself on Hisoka Nen Test, of course.

And I can't possibly know. Pariston maybe too much hype, but you don't become a Zodiac because you're just smart. After all they're the playing mates of Netero.
    Thanks for pointing that out...All of the Zodiac's are capable battle wise because they were playing mates of The late Hunter President and are 3star hunters. Pretty sure each have frightening and unique Nen abilities. Partison is almost Ging's equal it seems as neither of them dress to their Zodiac sign.....Now I think it would honestly take a skilled 2star hunter or an apt 3star hunter to defeat Hisoka...And until Partison is shown kicking some ass we can't say...I vote Equal at the moment.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm maybe they are related? lol.

New Reply