Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kaito reborn?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweaty Kaito reborn?

Hi guys,

I've got a simple question concerning the 2nd Ant king who was rescued by Koruto after the queen dies.

He seems to have Kaito's memories, but why? Kaito wasn't eaten by the queen after he was killed by Pitou, he was turned into a training doll for the chimera soldiers.

So how did his personality end up in an Ant? Am i missing something?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kaito reborn?

I am guessing a pat of him was indeed eaten by the queen. As far as we know he would have been thought to be necessary nourishment for the queen so a part of him was kept for experimenting and another remained for training purposes. For all we know pitou made him work without all of his organs. The part of him that was eaten would have ended up as a quimera ant. I always wondered if the people reborn as quimera ants were actually the same as the original ones though. Does that make sense? We saw kaito dead immediately after he was defeated and the people supposedly reborn as quimera ants were also slaughtered before they were eaten. I think the queen effectively copied the memories of the people she ate rather than actually resulting in their rebirth into a new specie. Basically they are more like clones....

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I am guessing a pat of him was indeed eaten by the queen. As far as we know he would have been thought to be necessary nourishment for the queen so a part of him was kept for experimenting and another remained for training purposes. For all we know pitou made him work without all of his organs. The part of him that was eaten would have ended up as a quimera ant. I always wondered if the people reborn as quimera ants were actually the same as the original ones though. Does that make sense? We saw kaito dead immediately after he was defeated and the people supposedly reborn as quimera ants were also slaughtered before they were eaten. I think the queen effectively copied the memories of the people she ate rather than actually resulting in their rebirth into a new specie. Basically they are more like clones....
    Mm but supposing they fed the queen kaito's brain and all... Still odd. Even if they are from the same womb, meruem has no memories, while new kaito seems pretty much to be an ant clone of kaito.

I've read some ants have two ways to reproduce: normal way with eggs concieved by the queen and sometimes other ants, or a sort of cloning.

i think there are two sorts of ants: the ones born from the queen (meruem and new kaito), or other ants (if i remember well, the royal guards were in some non descript ants' bellies), and the ones born from cocoons (like Palm). The word cocoon is also used for were commander level ants come from.

So, in a way, if it's a difference in method of conception, it makes sense that le king and the RGs have no recollection of their past lives at all, but practically all commanders have.

But then, why does new kaito member even his own name, and our friend Meru doesn't?

---------- Post added at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

@kkck LOL at your "cookie" sig by the way :-D love it

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The way I took it was that the royals and the king had no past lives, they were simply what they were. Maybe kite would have been born like a commander or captain ant if the queen had lived longer although we might never know that...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, when was it shown that? I must have missed it somehow...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HelixEpsilon View Post
    Mm but supposing they fed the queen kaito's brain and all... Still odd. Even if they are from the same womb, meruem has no memories, while new kaito seems pretty much to be an ant clone of kaito.

I've read some ants have two ways to reproduce: normal way with eggs concieved by the queen and sometimes other ants, or a sort of cloning.

i think there are two sorts of ants: the ones born from the queen (meruem and new kaito), or other ants (if i remember well, the royal guards were in some non descript ants' bellies), and the ones born from cocoons (like Palm). The word cocoon is also used for were commander level ants come from.

So, in a way, if it's a difference in method of conception, it makes sense that le king and the RGs have no recollection of their past lives at all, but practically all commanders have.

But then, why does new kaito member even his own name, and our friend Meru doesn't?
    Well, while Meryem consists of many humans and Nen users in general. I think the main difference between him and Kaito. Is that in Meryem's case there was no ''dominant'' Nen user, who could have preserve it's ''own'' conscious. In Kaito's case it's the opposite of Meryem's, he had a ''dominant'' conscious due to him only consisting of one strong Nen user. I hope my explanation makes some sense, this way. That's why he is able to preserve at least some of his past memories.

Quote Originally Posted by MegamanX195 View Post
    Wait, when was it shown that? I must have missed it somehow...
    It was shown right after the Ant Arc concluded. When Morau was talking on the phone with Koruto at the hospital. Here is the page, that you forgot.

Credits:Shinsatsu

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll get an official explanation soon enough i think; it's got to be raised when the kid ant becomes more central.

My own theory is more poetic than logical: the queen was fed Kaito, let's say his brain. His conscience and the strength of his nen were to strong to let themselves become part of the king, and 'lose themselves' in him. As a result, a tiny twin entirely inhabited by Kaito's nen separated himself from the king's foetus, striving to live..

:-D

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll go with Samurai theory. I like it, it's consistent.
    Although we will never know. The only thing we can assure is that every ant was a human EXCEPT the King, the Queen and the Royal Guards. Maybe just because that Kaito born from the Queen and kept his personality.
    Last edited by Uriel; February 05, 2012 at 02:06 PM.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, the Royal Guards didn't come from humans?

I thought it was said Yupi was a demon in his past life, or something to that extent.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegamanX195 View Post
    Wait, the Royal Guards didn't come from humans?

I thought it was said Yupi was a demon in his past life, or something to that extent.
    Nope, they're a completly different entity. Yupi is literally a beast just like the others.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

did you guys watch alien 3 or 4? that's were togashi took the idea of the memories... it's different than a clone.

other thing is we don't know if baby kaito was other king he could have been other kind of ant.

and lastly even if he was a king ant he probably didn't had yet any other people inside only kaito at that momment.
    Last edited by kenosecon; July 07, 2013 at 04:15 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member frozen18ice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1. kaito has an ability in his slot that allows him not to die ging mention this to gon
    2. queen ate his brain according to pitou
    3. he is the twin of the ant king
    4. kaito is female now
    5. his twin could be from the nen user that pokka and his brain was played with by pitou lost his memories the queen need high level of special human being the last two high level human she ate the most likely to be the by product is those two personality. one having not memories and the other having all in tack.
    6. kaito would not eat live people he is kaito
    7. we don't know how much different is she to the original ant queen in reproduction
    Last edited by frozen18ice; June 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1. kaito has an ability in his slot that allows him not to die ging mention this to gon

That's like... my main problem with the ant arc... well, election arc, w/e : p How the fuck does Kite have that ability but not someone like Netero... Seems like a HUGE plot device, and it doesn't feel like Togashi's usual writing. I'm just waiting for him to explain that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post

That's like... my main problem with the ant arc... well, election arc, w/e : p How the fuck does Kite have that ability but not someone like Netero... Seems like a HUGE plot device, and it doesn't feel like Togashi's usual writing. I'm just waiting for him to explain that.
    Togashi is not infallible. Kite's ability is indeed extremely lame as you'd think if you can learn an ability like 'don't die' that'd be the first thing anyone halfway serious about fighting would learn. Remember way back in GI, Shalunark was saying to pull your soul out into a game when the only criteria is 'use aura' is way too weak and therefore he deduced GI must not really be pulling people's soul into it. Well apparently just thinking 'I don't want to die' is enough to survive against any impossible odds and allow your soul to safely reincarnate after your body has been totally destroyed. Abilities are supposed to be balanced by the risk/criteria, and "I don't want to die" is hardly any restriction worth mentioning.

But if you accept he has an ability like that, since abilities are absolute, if he can't die and yet his body is gone, then he obviously has to reincarnate as somoene else. Since most Ants are basically human reincaranted anyway, that's not much of a stretch if you allow for the fact that such an ability like 'don't die' can exist in the first place.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, looking at things it does seem like ant kite got his memories back faster than what most ants did. If anything his recovery so to speak was remarkable as he seems to be completely aware of his past while most ants even after thinking about it a lot don't have a notion of who they were. Perhaps what ended up happening was a combination of the ant cloning whatever and his ability. It wasn't just one or the other considering that what we just saw is significantly different from other ants.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast