Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kaito reborn?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kaito reborn?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Togashi is not infallible. Kite's ability is indeed extremely lame as you'd think if you can learn an ability like 'don't die' that'd be the first thing anyone halfway serious about fighting would learn. Remember way back in GI, Shalunark was saying to pull your soul out into a game when the only criteria is 'use aura' is way too weak and therefore he deduced GI must not really be pulling people's soul into it. Well apparently just thinking 'I don't want to die' is enough to survive against any impossible odds and allow your soul to safely reincarnate after your body has been totally destroyed. Abilities are supposed to be balanced by the risk/criteria, and "I don't want to die" is hardly any restriction worth mentioning.

But if you accept he has an ability like that, since abilities are absolute, if he can't die and yet his body is gone, then he obviously has to reincarnate as somoene else. Since most Ants are basically human reincaranted anyway, that's not much of a stretch if you allow for the fact that such an ability like 'don't die' can exist in the first place.
    So why doesn't someone like Netero have that ability ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member frozen18ice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

each person have their strengths, and majority of the nen ability people have is base on their personality and traits. even a very strong guy like netero will have limitations.

i wonder if the death of the queen got something to do with it. them getting their memories back ant serve loyal to a queen her being dead disrupts the higherky of things.
    kaito's brain not being played with could also be the reason why his memories did not get messed up.

netero did not die the same way as kaito

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    So why doesn't someone like Netero have that ability ?
    Because it's just a cop out for Kite to not die so it's not going to be repeated. Otherwise you end up with a world like FFX where dying is optional. I mean yeah if you look at it, if Kite can learn an ability to 'not die' why would people much stronger than him that clearly enjoy living not learn exactly the same thing?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me, or is the title of this thread a major spoiler for any unsuspecting anime-only person who wanders onto the forum?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this is primarily a manga discussion forum and at large most of the events being discussed were revealed in the manga well over a year ago so spoiler rules do not apply. No rules are being broken here so far. Not posting thread titles which were in some form a spoiler for someone would kinda hamper discussion too, we would end up with thread titles which don't clearly say what the thread is supposed to discuss.

That said, I wonder if we will actually see kite with a boyfriend... or maybe new female kite goes the lesbian way? Or maybe he was gay to begin with and actually got a sorta acceptable deal now? Or maybe he was gay and remains gay so now he is a lesbian.... Meh, I guess even togashi is not brave enough to get into this in a shonen manga lol.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

^Sensui was gay...

Gon would want to be her boyfriend for sure... What I really want to know is if Kaito wants to return in his body.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

The queen probably ate his brain or something. That would explain why he could come back as an ant with the same memories. That and that one slot power he had.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    ^Sensui was gay...

Gon would want to be her boyfriend for sure... What I really want to know is if Kaito wants to return in his body.
    Good point. Occasionally I forget the japanese have a slightly different approach to the whole thing than in other parts of the world. Gon dating kite would be weird though. For starters gon does not seem to have sexual urges per say. For another if gon is ever going to have a disturbing relationship it is bound to be with killua(lets face it, killua is gay and will likely end up keeping gon in separate jars across a shrine dedicated to him). I am pretty sure a 40 year old man turned a little girl that grows really fast dating gon would be disturbing anywhere. Then again japan....

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

nay, killuah ain't gay, it's bromance.
    Dont you remember when gon told him he had a sexual relationship with older women on whale island?
    Killuah was upset because gon was an adult and he wasnt, not because those girl had gon before him

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Romance in my Hunter x Hunter? What is this?

The thought of Gon and Killua in any sort of romantic relationship is weird. They both may as well be asexual. And Gon having a relationship with reborn Kaito is really weird. If anything, Gon will probably see Kaito as a younger/older sister, parallel to Killua and Alluka.

And we don't know if Gon had sexual relationships. He said the older women taught him all sorts of things and Killua's mind went into the gutter.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; July 06, 2013 at 09:54 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Killua is gay but I don't think Gon cares about those kinds of things. He could be bisexual and when he was dating Palm he didn't even reject her becausse he doesn't love her or anything but because of his training despite the obvious difference of age and all and you know... I admit I was shipping Killua/Alluka during the election arc and I wouldn't have a problem with it if it happens.
    Last edited by Demonspeed; July 07, 2013 at 12:24 AM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2