Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 21 of 83 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 1245

Thread: Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha)

  1. #301
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha)

    Quote Originally Posted by jagman1x3 View Post
    It even adds furigana, so I can actually read most of it...
    I believe 81 Diver and Kakuriyo Monogatari also have furigana.

  2. #302
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jagman1x3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    I believe 81 Diver and Kakuriyo Monogatari also have furigana.
    Huh, did not know that. I've honestly got no idea how Shueisha decides which series get furigana and which don't. For a while I though it was just the imprint, since both One Punch-Man and Jojolion have furigana and are released under Jump Comics, but then I found out that Jumbor doesn't have furi even though it's also under JC, and now you're saying that some stuff that's under YJC has furi... eh, probably not worth my time to try and figure it out.

  3. #303
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The depths of human reasoning.
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,038
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha)

    Quote Originally Posted by jagman1x3 View Post
    Huh, did not know that. I've honestly got no idea how Shueisha decides which series get furigana and which don't. For a while I though it was just the imprint, since both One Punch-Man and Jojolion have furigana and are released under Jump Comics, but then I found out that Jumbor doesn't have furi even though it's also under JC, and now you're saying that some stuff that's under YJC has furi... eh, probably not worth my time to try and figure it out.
    Oddly enough, One punch man doesn't have furigana in the 'magazine' and I don't think Jojolion does either. Though yeah it is sorta odd. Jojo once ran in WSJ so maybe that just carried over even when the mag changed. Fujisaki (Kakuriyo Monogatari) was also in WSJ at one point so maybe he's just used to it. As for One punch, I have no idea. Another odd thing (which has nothing to do with Shueisha) is how Shounen Sunday manga will sometimes drop furigana mid sentence despite the manga not being seinen. It's thoroughly interesting to think about really. I sorta think these are exceptions more than hard and fast 'rules' though. (Except for the Sunday thing. That seems to be pretty universal...gave me a hard time when I first started trying to translate Ueki and then the furigana would just disappear mid sentence.)
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

    Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

  4. #304
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jagman1x3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    Oddly enough, One punch man doesn't have furigana in the 'magazine' and I don't think Jojolion does either. Though yeah it is sorta odd. Jojo once ran in WSJ so maybe that just carried over even when the mag changed. Fujisaki (Kakuriyo Monogatari) was also in WSJ at one point so maybe he's just used to it. As for One punch, I have no idea. Another odd thing (which has nothing to do with Shueisha) is how Shounen Sunday manga will sometimes drop furigana mid sentence despite the manga not being seinen. It's thoroughly interesting to think about really. I sorta think these are exceptions more than hard and fast 'rules' though. (Except for the Sunday thing. That seems to be pretty universal...gave me a hard time when I first started trying to translate Ueki and then the furigana would just disappear mid sentence.)
    I've got a bunch of Ultra Jump issues, and Jojolion actually does have furigana in the magazine. Kinda annoys me that nothing else does cause I can't read most of it, but oh well. Guess I'll just have to actually study some more... Jumbor is the one I find really weird, since Takei also brought that series over from WSJ yet it doesn't even have furi in the tanko releases.
    I'm still not quite sure why seinen magazines take out furigana at all; Young Ace and Comic Alive have furi for almost all of their series, so I kinda wish others would have it too. Only two things I can think of are fitting more text in each bubble and keeping kids (and me) from reading stuff they aren't supposed to, although I'm pretty sure that's not the reason because LNs published for children don't have furi.

    As for Sunday... I really don't understand why anything would drop furigana mid-sentence at all, but the only Sunday tankos I have are Hitoribocchi 1-3 (and that's not even WSS) which doesn't do that, so I haven't ever seen it happen.
    Last edited by jagman1x3; August 28, 2013 at 10:36 PM.

  5. #305
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha)

    Issue 40:
    Kakuriyo Monogatari (Lead CP)
    Kingdom
    Kamen Teacher Black
    Tokyo Ghoul
    81 Diver
    Cyclops Shoujo Saipuuuu
    Heeeesei Policemen!!
    Hibi Rock (CP)
    Gunjou Senki
    WxY
    Usogui
    Himouto! Umaru-chan
    Bakumatsu Gurentai
    Minamoto-kun Monogatari
    Mongrel
    Samurai Soldier
    Gokukoku no Brynhildr
    Nejimaki Kagyuu
    Grand Slam
    Shirayukihime to 7-nin no Shuujin
    Destroy and Revolution
    Nipongo
    Innocent

    Terra Formars (Absent)

    Kakuriyo Monogatari


    Hibi Rock
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; September 03, 2013 at 01:09 PM.

  6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #306
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vinceled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha)

    I have a question about a series I started recently and I'm almost caught up to the actual chapters. Concerning Zetman, for the anime did it have an original ending? I mean the studio managed to do 12 episodes for 200+ chapters... And things I saw in episode 10/11 I'm now seeing in chapter 205.


    Series I follow in the magazine :

    Terra Formars (magazine then volumes, currently have 5 and 6 ordered)
    Real
    Tokyo Ghoul (need to catch up, stopped after 60 for a bit)
    Zetman
    Innocence
    Mongrel
    Kakuriyo Monogatari
    Kingdom (currently at chapter 240+)
    Nejimaki Kagyu (started the scans recently and have been following the weekly publication since recently, I'll get all the chapter from 50 soon)
    Minamoto Monogatari
    Gunjou Senki
    Liar Game (stopped a while ago I need to catch by 4-5 chapters or so)
    One-punch Man
    Snow White & the 7 Dwarves (currently getting all the raws from the back issues since 2012/50)

    I plan to start Usogui soon.
    Last edited by vinceled; September 06, 2013 at 11:17 AM.

  8. #307
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha)

    Gokusai first chapter has been scanned. I'm going to check that since Mr Prince recommend it and the color spreads were really nice.

  9. #308
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha)

    It is confirmed that Gokukoku no Brynhildr going to have an anime-adaptation.



    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...e-in-the-works

  10. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #309
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha)

    Quote Originally Posted by vinceled View Post
    I have a question about a series I started recently and I'm almost caught up to the actual chapters. Concerning Zetman, for the anime did it have an original ending? I mean the studio managed to do 12 episodes for 200+ chapters... And things I saw in episode 10/11 I'm now seeing in chapter 205.
    Yup, it did have an original ending. Manga is still ongoing. It's at Chapter 215 right now.

    "I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

    Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #310
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha)

    Issue 41:
    Gokukoku no Brynhildr (Lead CP)
    Terra Formars
    Kingdom
    Kamen Teacher Black
    Himouto! Umaru-chan
    Bakumatsu Gurentai
    Cyclops Shoujo Saipuuuu
    81 Diver (CP)
    Samuai Soldier
    Tokyo Ghoul
    Kakuriyo Monogatari
    Gunjou Senki
    Kuroneko to Kuro no Hibon (CP, One Shot)
    Minamoto-kun Monogatari
    Usogui
    Mongrel
    WxY
    Nipongo
    Hibi Rock
    Heeeesei Policemen!!
    Nejimaki Kagyuu
    Grand Slam
    Shirayukihime to 7-nin no Shuujin
    Innocent

    Gokukoku no Brynhildr


    81 Diver


    Kuroneko to Kuro no Hibon (One Shot)
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; September 12, 2013 at 08:15 AM.

  14. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
  15. #311
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner madmaxmh2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    madaba
    Country
    Jordan
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha)

    hmm
    excuse me mr Kaizou 10 ,but can you post the cover also?

  16. #312
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha)

    Quote Originally Posted by madmaxmh2007 View Post
    hmm
    excuse me mr Kaizou 10 ,but can you post the cover also?
    Most of covers in Young Jump are a garveur idol, a singer, an actress, or a model, and I'm not really interested in those covers. I kind of prefer upload the cover if the manga series receive the cover.

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #313
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner madmaxmh2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    madaba
    Country
    Jordan
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Most of covers in Young Jump are a garveur idol, a singer, an actress, or a model, and I'm not really interested in those covers. I kind of prefer upload the cover if the manga series receive the cover.
    I'm sorry
    After i put my question I remembered this matter
    Haha
    Thanks anyway^^

  19. #314
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vinceled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha)

    Is Mongrel absent I don't see it?

  20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  21. #315
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha)

    Quote Originally Posted by vinceled View Post
    Is Mongrel absent I don't see it?
    Fixed. It looks like I accidently erase it while uploading it.

    ---------- Post added September 15, 2013 at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was September 11, 2013 at 03:33 PM ----------

    Based on looking at the spoiler, it looks like Innocent going to end soon.
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; September 11, 2013 at 02:51 PM.

  22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 21 of 83 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts