Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 55

Thread: °°°Naruto's Awards Winners !°°°

  1. #31
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: °°°Naruto's Awards Winners !°°°

    Great awards!!
    I'm happy we did those this year!


    The only two I don't fully agree with are :

    - Best entrance
    Sage Mode Naruto should have win

    - Most overrated
    Sasuke is not overrated, IMO... He is supposed to be the strongest ninja ever if he want to compete against Naruto...
    Sandaime should have win that award.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; February 05, 2012 at 11:58 PM.


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  2. #32
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: °°°Naruto's Awards Winners !°°°

    Idk if Hiruzen deserved most overrated over Hanzou though. This is a dude who Jiraiya seemed surprised was defeated by 1 person (even though we saw it was Pain), but he got outclassed by one dude. Hiruzen fought against someone who'd already defeated a Kage, and then summoned 2 Kages from the dead, lol...while being like 70 years old.


    Edit: Glad that Madara won the best entrance, when he punched out of the coffin, that was some G shit...on some Juggernaut "let me in!" type shit, hahahaha (if anyone remembers those videos anymore)
    Avoiding debates with people below a certain level of English comp.

  3. #33
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: °°°Naruto's Awards Winners !°°°

    Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Great awards!!
    - Most overrated
    Sasuke is not overrated, IMO... He is supposed to be the strongest ninja ever if he want to compete against Naruto...
    Sandaime should have win that award.
    I believe that the Sasuke award was inspired by fans, that thinks that Sasuke is a god that can do everything.
    Manga-wise I agree with you, Sasuke isn't overrated, he is the counterpart of Naruto, it is normal that he is strong as hell, damn he has to compete with the main character

    Regarding Sarutobi, I disagree, and my motivations are explained perfectly by UchihaHunter

    Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    Idk if Hiruzen deserved most overrated over Hanzou though. This is a dude who Jiraiya seemed surprised was defeated by 1 person (even though we saw it was Pain), but he got outclassed by one dude. Hiruzen fought against someone who'd already defeated a Kage, and then summoned 2 Kages from the dead, lol...while being like 70 years old.


    Edit: Glad that Madara won the best entrance, when he punched out of the coffin, that was some G shit...on some Juggernaut "let me in!" type shit, hahahaha (if anyone remembers those videos anymore)
    What can you expect for a old man way past his prime other than being able to keep up with Orochimaru and 2 other Kages?
    Find me someone that could stand up to 2 kage-levels ninja or more except Nagato, which had the Rin'negan, the ultimate Doujutsu

  4. #34
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Shinomori Aoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Country
    Greece
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    225
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: °°°Naruto's Awards Winners !°°°

    I don't understand how anyone can say that Hanzou is overrated... This is the ONLY Edo Tensei that actually was able to disobey the commands of Kabuto. Even Itachi broke free because of a technique. I think that's pretty impressive.

    By the way, doesn't bronze medal in the best male character award go to Jiraiya and not Kakashi?

    EDIT: And Konan -not Mabui- second in the most fashionable female?
    Last edited by Shinomori Aoshi; February 06, 2012 at 06:41 PM.

  5. #35
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: °°°Naruto's Awards Winners !°°°

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    I believe that the Sasuke award was inspired by fans, that thinks that Sasuke is a god that can do everything.
    The real irony here is that Minato gets treated the same way, even worse. At least Sasuke's fans use facts, Minato fans use fanfiction and assumptions like Minato with being able to be immune to genjutsu or breaking out of it to try and give him victories.

    Based on the tournament and the way Sasuke lost, he's definitely underrated while Naruto is overrated.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #36
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: °°°Naruto's Awards Winners !°°°

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    What can you expect for a old man way past his prime other than being able to keep up with Orochimaru and 2 other Kages?
    Find me someone that could stand up to 2 kage-levels ninja or more except Nagato, which had the Rin'negan, the ultimate Doujutsu
    That is what people are saying.... the majority of the hype Hiruzen received was purely from words that were spoken throughout the manga. He has faced 2 kages and Oro,,, but willl you honestly say these two even looked like Kage level shinobis?

    Hashimara was nothing more than a copy of Yamato, and lol... Nidaime was pretty much spitting water and that was it. I remember Orochimaruh commenting Nidaime's water attack and claiming it was rediculously great and powerfull.... and now we have 50 ninjas facing and spitting water against Madara's inferno blaze attack.... What was great at the beginning of the manga is nothing more than fodder techniques today.

    Which is why it's understandable to claim the likes of Hiruzen, Hashimara, and Hanzo are overrated because we havent seem them deliver the quality they appently had even if we were told they had it.... In Sasuke's case.... we see him defeat a countless amount of fodder ninjas with no sweat... defeat Akatsuki member, match the Raikage to force him to head towards a mutual death scenario, defeat Danzo.....

    We were told Hiruzen was the strongest living Kage at the time.... but i find it quited hard to believe it,,, but since it was said, it was likely true given there is no reason for me to believe otherwise.

    Minato,Itachi,Naruto and Sasuke could take on 2 kages if not more depending on the match up. The only matchup that would very likely get them is Raikage + Tsuchikage because of the offensive and speed bump Raikage would get from Tsuchikage's support. But surely, they would all obliterate Edo Hashimara and Nidaime.
    Last edited by insid3rkill3r; February 07, 2012 at 12:35 AM.

    My child, do not hesitate, it is the path you chose after all.
    Our suffering will only last an instant, it is nothing compared to what you will have to face.
    Our opinions may differ, but i am still proud of you - Fugaku
    .
    -

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #37
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: °°°Naruto's Awards Winners !°°°

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    The real irony here is that Minato gets treated the same way, even worse. At least Sasuke's fans use facts, Minato fans use fanfiction and assumptions like Minato with being able to be immune to genjutsu or breaking out of it to try and give him victories.

    Based on the tournament and the way Sasuke lost, he's definitely underrated while Naruto is overrated.
    True, Minato fans are somewhat biased ( I include myself in this category ) since it is tough to argue when the guy used a very poor arsenal of jutsus, and argue based on that is tough. One has to make assumptions.

    Based on the tournament maybe, based on popular opinion then I believe both are somewhat overrated, they are the mains, they cannot be viewed as weak character, and sometimes they're handed more that they have/show.
    But saying that Sasuke is underrated is a biased opinion imho, see any Sasuke topic ( too much to count now ) and tell me if Sasuke fans paint him as the underdog. See them, and tell me if ppl paints him as something different from a shinobi-god, able to do everything better than anyone

    ---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by insid3rkill3r View Post
    That is what people are saying.... the majority of the hype Hiruzen received was purely from words that were spoken throughout the manga. He has faced 2 kages and Oro,,, but willl you honestly say these two even looked like Kage level shinobis?

    Hashimara was nothing more than a copy of Yamato, and lol... Nidaime was pretty much spitting water and that was it. I remember Orochimaruh commenting Nidaime's water attack and claiming it was rediculously great and powerfull.... and now we have 50 ninjas facing and spitting water against Madara's inferno blaze attack.... What was great at the beginning of the manga is nothing more than fodder techniques today.

    Which is why it's understandable to claim the likes of Hiruzen, Hashimara, and Hanzo are overrated because we havent seem them deliver the quality they appently had even if we were told they had it.... In Sasuke's case.... we see him defeat a countless amount of fodder ninjas with no sweat... defeat Akatsuki member, match the Raikage to force him to head towards a mutual death scenario, defeat Danzo.....

    We were told Hiruzen was the strongest living Kage at the time.... but i find it quited hard to believe it,,, but since it was said, it was likely true given there is no reason for me to believe otherwise.

    Minato,Itachi,Naruto and Sasuke could take on 2 kages if not more depending on the match up. The only matchup that would very likely get them is Raikage + Tsuchikage because of the offensive and speed bump Raikage would get from Tsuchikage's support. But surely, they would all obliterate Edo Hashimara and Nidaime.
    The fact remains that he could've killed Orochimaru if he was younger, a feat that very few can claim in the manga. Sasuke himself did the smart thing and fought him when he was sick and weak.
    And on top of that, he had to fight against 2 other kages that ok, weren't that strong, but I'm sure they could hold their own against any Jounin in this series, except Gai and Kakashi. So he went against 1 kage level ninja + 2 elite jounin immortal ninjas, and would've won completely if he wasn't old.
    That is something very, very few can claim, and add to that the fact that he hasn't any overhaxed ability like Naruto, Minato, Itachi and Sasuke had.
    Could they fight evenly against Orochimaru, the First and the Second without their haxed abilities? No, they would be slaughtered, one by one

  10. #38
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: °°°Naruto's Awards Winners !°°°

    Eh, even looking back though, Hiruzen had to deal with multiple high-level ninjutsu, as well as Hashirama's bloodline limit, the sheer sight of which made the Alliance army shit bricks in Part 2. And this was in Part 1, when the combat scale was lower. Not to mention that at the end of the day, he was fighting 3v1, and part of which he did in complete darkness. I still don't see what people are complaining about with Hiruzen. If anything, give him credit for not wasting time and ending the fight before Hashi/Tobirama could perform more techniques than they already had. No matter how I look at it, Hiruzen did more to damage Orochimaru and his ambitions than Tsunade and Jiraiya were able to do together, and he incapacitated him in a way that only Sasuke and Itachi were able to do afterward.

    Hanzou, on the other hand, fought in Part 2, where we had already seen multiple high-level battles (Sasuke vs Deidara, Naruto vs. Pain, Jiraiya vs Pain, etc.), and he showed nothing that was impressive to me. Pain noted that Naruto and Jiraiya gave him trouble; I didn't see anything like that when he fought Hanzou (although we didn't see the fight itself). Maybe it's because all we had seen of Mifune prior to that fight was an initial clash with Sasuke that left neither one with any sort of damage, but if I was to go by the hype on this forum (and indeed even in the manga), I would've expected Hanzou to wtfpwn almost any character in a 1v1 setting.


    Side note: I don't think Minato is overrated story-wise, I think that his fans use assumptions to make up for the limited combat we've seen. Hiraishin by itself is hax in every sense of the word, so all of the manga hype about Minato is justified. He literally can take out an army of relative fodder in seconds. He can take on multiple high-level shinobi as well, provided they don't have the durability to tank a Rasengan. He showed a variety of sealing techniques, and overall combat savvy, and was the CREATOR of both the Rasengan (tops in shape manipulation) and Hiraishin (already described as hax, lol). Dude is legitimately described as one of, if not the, top Kage of all time.

    At the same time, Sasuke's been able to fight against multiple Kages, defeated high-level Jounins, and has a skill set that enables him to fight with genjutsu specialists (Itachi), ninjutsu specialists (Kakashi, Danzou, etc.), taijutsu specialists (Yondaime Raikage), and basically any ninja in the manga. He's been the top or very near the top of his class since the beginning of the manga, and right now, only Naruto can fight at his level, from the Rookie 9 + Team Gai. I don't see how that makes him overrated, lol
    Last edited by UchihaHunter; February 07, 2012 at 08:49 AM.
    Avoiding debates with people below a certain level of English comp.

  11. #39
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kelv015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    PR
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    450
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: °°°Naruto's Awards Winners !°°°

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    The real irony here is that Minato gets treated the same way, even worse. At least Sasuke's fans use facts, Minato fans use fanfiction and assumptions like Minato with being able to be immune to genjutsu or breaking out of it to try and give him victories.

    Based on the tournament and the way Sasuke lost, he's definitely underrated while Naruto is overrated.
    I don't think he's as much underrated as that people simply don't like his character and will always vote against him out of that hate...not everyone can get their bias out of the way when voting or speaking their opinions in a forum...

  12. #40
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: °°°Naruto's Awards Winners !°°°

    I dislike Sasuke, so it's not really bias. It's just that the Sasuke haters annoy me because they tend to be ignorant, as shown in the tournament in in this award. Even the most ardent Sasuke fans can admit when he'll lose and have trouble, but Minato fans tend to come up with anything to make him win. So ironic as Minato fans yell at people liking Sasuke, but they can praise Minato in any way. Fan-wise, Minato is far more overrated than Sasuke, he gets portrayed as a god who can do anything without any proof, mostly on assumptions. Sasuke is underrated because there are more people that go against Sasuke than with him unless his victory is obvious. Sasuke could be infinitely more powerful than Nagato but people would still say he loses somehow while they'd say Minato would beat Pain without Hiraishin.

    Sasuke took out like, 1,000 shinobi (according to translation I read years ago) while training with Orochimaru without killing them, which is more impressive due to sheer number, not trying to kill, and no easy defense. Yet people find any way to downplay that although Minato went up against just 50 shinobi, who were just as much fodder as the 1,000 shinobi.


    Sucks Temari didn't win the best female character though.

  13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #41
    MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In Flames
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: °°°Naruto's Awards Winners !°°°

    lol killer bee better than Pain ... people are creepy

    ---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I dislike Sasuke, so it's not really bias. It's just that the Sasuke haters annoy me because they tend to be ignorant, as shown in the tournament in in this award. Even the most ardent Sasuke fans can admit when he'll lose and have trouble, but Minato fans tend to come up with anything to make him win. So ironic as Minato fans yell at people liking Sasuke, but they can praise Minato in any way. Fan-wise, Minato is far more overrated than Sasuke, he gets portrayed as a god who can do anything without any proof, mostly on assumptions. Sasuke is underrated because there are more people that go against Sasuke than with him unless his victory is obvious. Sasuke could be infinitely more powerful than Nagato but people would still say he loses somehow while they'd say Minato would beat Pain without Hiraishin.

    Sasuke took out like, 1,000 shinobi (according to translation I read years ago) while training with Orochimaru without killing them, which is more impressive due to sheer number, not trying to kill, and no easy defense. Yet people find any way to downplay that although Minato went up against just 50 shinobi, who were just as much fodder as the 1,000 shinobi.


    Sucks Temari didn't win the best female character though.
    I always avoid discussions about Minato's so called godly fighting skill... But there are so many fans that tend to overrate their favorite characters... It really is annoying... Especially because we haven't seen any proof that supports their claims. If you track every argument Minato's fans posted, the fact that he used Shiki Fuujin to seal the Kyuubi will look so stupid. like in:"how the hell can a person like "this guy" sacrifice his life to seal the 9-tails while he could beat him in a normal fight?" lol...

  15. #42
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,561
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: °°°Naruto's Awards Winners !°°°

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Sucks Temari didn't win the best female character though.
    Yeah...it would've been cool to see Temari having some more recognition...I would've expected a gold medal for fashinable female for her...I dunno...I think it's just some characters are off the radar for too long

  16. #43
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: °°°Naruto's Awards Winners !°°°

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I dislike Sasuke, so it's not really bias. It's just that the Sasuke haters annoy me because they tend to be ignorant, as shown in the tournament in in this award. Even the most ardent Sasuke fans can admit when he'll lose and have trouble, but Minato fans tend to come up with anything to make him win. So ironic as Minato fans yell at people liking Sasuke, but they can praise Minato in any way. Fan-wise, Minato is far more overrated than Sasuke, he gets portrayed as a god who can do anything without any proof, mostly on assumptions. Sasuke is underrated because there are more people that go against Sasuke than with him unless his victory is obvious. Sasuke could be infinitely more powerful than Nagato but people would still say he loses somehow while they'd say Minato would beat Pain without Hiraishin.

    Sasuke took out like, 1,000 shinobi (according to translation I read years ago) while training with Orochimaru without killing them, which is more impressive due to sheer number, not trying to kill, and no easy defense. Yet people find any way to downplay that although Minato went up against just 50 shinobi, who were just as much fodder as the 1,000 shinobi.


    Sucks Temari didn't win the best female character though.
    Sasuke fans will admit when he will lose? Unless you're saying that Sasuke can lose only to the Rikudou Sennin and Madara Uchiha, then I believe that the Sasuke fans you know and the Sasuke fans I know are completely different lol.
    Still I somewhat agree with you, but as kelv015 and I said, assumption when talking about Minato is necessary because we saw very little of the guy, and everything we saw, granted him, if not his god-like status, a good amount of respect:
    he screwed Tobi's plan despite being inferior in Space/Time ninjutsu, he taken away the Kyuubi from him, he saved the village from the Kyuubi, and he gifted his son with the very power he is using now by sacrificing himself and his family.
    So you can understand when ppl ( usually the same Sasuke fans ) try to display him as some mid-Jounin level ninja one can do so much before channeling his inner-fan boy and retaliate.
    Sasuke on the other hand is strong, very strong, but his fans gave him powers, mastery, abilities, strenghts that he doesn't have by association and their own assumptions, the very same that Minato fans does.
    How then Minato is overrated and Sasuke is underrated when Minato was a Kage respected and feared by all? To me, they are both overrated.

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #44
    MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In Flames
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: °°°Naruto's Awards Winners !°°°

    We've seen so much Sasuke's fights:
    Sasuke VS Haku
    Sasuke VS Gaara
    Sasuke VS Orochimaru's minions
    Sasuke VS Naruto x 2
    Sasuke VS New Team 7
    Sasuke VS Orochimaru
    Sasuke VS Deidara
    Sasuke VS Itachi
    Sasuke VS Kages
    Sasuke VS Danzou
    ... etc
    But Minato was shown 3-4 times fighting and sometimes it was only a skirmish ... (like vs Raikage).

    So Sasuke's fans have clearly more material to base their assumptions on... and Minato's fans went a bit too far.
    P.S: I'm not talking about those crazy ones you mentioned Uchiha_Blood lol ... I'm talking about the rational fans here xD

  19. #45
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: °°°Naruto's Awards Winners !°°°

    For all the whining about people saying Minato is immune to genjutsu, no one has shown him succumbing to one but they assume he will fall to any genjutsu and lose his life by decapitation Just sayin' tho.

    Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts