Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Boys Love Anime/Manga/Drama Confessions Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Boys Love Anime/Manga/Drama Confessions Thread

This is a blatant rip-off of Destiny4eva's Confessions Thread located here.

Confess your frustrations, aspirations, embarrassements, disappointments, and excitement about all things yaoi and boys love related here. Sometimes, its better not to hold it in!

If the moderator doesn't find this suitable for the forum, I'll delete it.

I will go first. I confess to wanting Shimoku Kio to write a boys love manga! Especially after reading the most recent chapter of Genshiken Nidaime. The mangaka has created a very unique relationship between two men, and his handling of gender and sexuality makes me want all the ship teasing to mean something, damnit!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boys Love Anime/Manga/Drama Confessions Thread

I confess that I'm a fan of KakaSasu, but my legal mind only allows my perv mind to read fics with timeskip.

There are some very nice fanart, but they use the first part clothes.
    Perv Kakashi is perv.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, Kakashi. I can totally see him going both ways too!

I confess that even though I appreciate a lot of yaoi now....I still can't get myself to ship Allen from D.Gray-man romantically with another guy. Lavi/Kanda? AWESOME. Lavi/Tyki? HOT. Kanda/Alma Karma(het and BL)? TRAGIC BUT BEAUTIFUL. Lavi/Krory? BUDDYSHIP. Link/Allen/Link?....I can't do it. And Allen has so much ship tease with all these people. =(

I confess my strong desire to write a shipping essay on ship_manifesto....but I'm scared no one will read it. T_T The fact that it is for a really small fandom makes me even more anxious no one will read it. >_> And on top of that, the small fandom for it is blatantly anti-slash. =/

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I read yaoi for the story and skip the smut but I don't like shounen-ai. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME. D:

Not sure if this is the right kind of confession but I gotta get it off my chest.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

There's nothing wrong with you at all. Hey, its important to know if the couple are in a real relationship or not. And there is no such thing as a "wrong" kind of confession!

I'm the opposite. I skip the fluff to get to... other parts.

I confess I only ship yaoi in "regular" series if they have loads and loads of female characters. The less female characters there are, the less likely I'll ship anything but het. Evidence? I shipped Kosukegawa and Kanami together from Change 123 (straight up harem/ecchi series). Now that's messed up. xD

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Awww, i'm a fan of fluffiness. Even when it's mixed with half violence. *cough Tyrant cough*

I confess that, although i like shounen mnanga, i'm getting bored with Hakkenden cause it's supposed to be shounen-ai, but the first volume is pure shounen.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MisaoFan's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    Awww, i'm a fan of fluffiness. Even when it's mixed with half violence. *cough Tyrant cough*

I confess that, although i like shounen mnanga, i'm getting bored with Hakkenden cause it's supposed to be shounen-ai, but the first volume is pure shounen.
    This series is considered shoujo according to MangaUpdates. But there's loads of shounen that aren't action-oriented, like Love Hina, one of the most popular shounen romantic comedies.

Back in this thread, I would confess Sasha with Edgar in Qwaser of Stigmata. Even though the series itself doesn't have any BL hint (it has huge loads of ecchiness and female characters), I was curious when it comes to feminine men or crossdresser boys (Edgar was part of the latter), which makes me hunger with series that contains any references to them. And it's good to ship a normal guy pairing with a crossdresser guy. This hint also applies to a straight-up shounen romance Prunus Girl as well.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

@MisaoFan; answered at Hang out thread to avoid going offtopic here.

The crossdresser thing... I don't like it in BL mangas. It is strange to see a man wanting another man dressing like a maid.

But i like it when it's in shoujo or shounen and it's not related to sex fantasies.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess, sometimes I wonder how much (or how little) a shonen or a seinen title would change if the main character was gay.

I also confess, that before Beelzebub I would probably seriously dislike saying the sentence above.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner charliez's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    I confess, sometimes I wonder how much (or how little) a shonen or a seinen title would change if the main character was gay.

I also confess, that before Beelzebub I would probably seriously dislike saying the sentence above.

Also, not quite sure what to confess about, but I uh.. sometimes wonder if I would still ship my yaoi OTP if they were genderbent with slightly different personalities/characters/dynamics.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh... is it okay if I confess here?

I confess that I...I... I never read any real shounen-ai manga except for Gamerz Heaven, No. 6, and The Ice-Cold Demon Tale even though I'm a fujoshi! Ah, the pain of being too young to read Gravitation...

I confess that I'm an obsessed Yullen fan – however, I love LaviYu too! I'm not stereotyping or anything, but I heard that 90% of Yullen fans hold vengeance agaisnt LaviYu... well, I don't!
    Last edited by Bloody Queen; April 05, 2012 at 12:02 PM.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Its the confessions thread, of course its ok to confess here!

LOL, I have heard this too, being a LaviYu fan myself. I don't know why we (as people, not just yaoi shippers) have rival pairings, but we do. When I was deep into the D.Gray-man fandom, I used to think we had this intense, vampire vs. werewolf rivalry that would never go away. xD

I confess even though I like Tight Rope, I still have not finished reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by charliez View Post

Also, not quite sure what to confess about, but I uh.. sometimes wonder if I would still ship my yaoi OTP if they were genderbent with slightly different personalities/characters/dynamics.
    I think the same thing too. But then I just think: wouldn't it be a different pairing, then?
    Last edited by Teeba; April 01, 2012 at 12:26 PM.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was deep into the D.Gray-man fandom, I used to think we had this intense, vampire vs. werewolf rivalry that would never go away. xD
    ... Do I know which incident this was? yes.. yes I think I do lol.

Quote Quote:
    I think the same thing too. But then I just think: wouldn't it be a different pairing, then?
    It might be, unless the only thing that changed was only gender and if their personalities remained the same :B

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that when I was waiting for my BL doujinshi purchases to clear customs, I prayed more often.

I confess to wanting to blow my meager salary on wanting to buy more doujinshi. This is normal, right? >_> *opens up C-Queen*

... Do I know which incident this was? yes.. yes I think I do lol.
    It was Yullen vs. LaviYu/AllenLenalee. Vampires and Werewolves have always had rivalries, right? >_>

It might be, unless the only thing that changed was only gender and if their personalities remained the same :B
    Gender is such a tricky thing to switch around, I think it depends on the manga itself. Would Twincest be so popular in Blue Exorcist if Yukio was a girl? What if Rin and Yukio were twin sisters? Hetalia, which already has gender bended versions, wouldn't make a difference either way because they are countries. Yullen might be really cliche if Allen was a girl, plus, the storyline would change quite a bit. Beelzebub would have become a harem romcom.
    Last edited by Teeba; May 05, 2012 at 03:59 PM.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess to wanting to blow my meager salary on wanting to buy more doujinshi. This is normal, right? >_> *opens up C-Queen*
    yes, it's normal. very normal.

*eyes growing stack of doujinshi shiftily* >_>

Quote Quote:
    It was Yullen vs. LaviYu/AllenLenalee. Vampires and Werewolves have always had rivalries, right? >_>
    Oh, that. I don't think I remember that one (I was thinking of the time where some of the members were RPing as 'vampires' and 'werewolves' and then they tried to take over the 'Ville.... to no avail

Quote Quote:
    Gender is such a tricky thing to switch around, I think it depends on the manga itself. Would Twincest be so popular in Blue Exorcist if Yukio was a girl? What if Rin and Yukio were twin sisters? Hetalia, which already has gender bended versions, wouldn't make a difference either way because they are countries. Yullen might be really cliche if Allen was a girl, plus, the storyline would change quite a bit. Beelzebub would have become a harem romcom.
    Hmm, I think you have a point thar. About gender-switching. So in that sense, it really depends on the kind of scenarios these gender-switched characters are thrown into, y/y?

The 'genderbent' versions of the Hetalia nations are sort of different thought, because the creator himself has stated that they are not the same as their original counterparts, and have different personalities (example, fem!Italy does not behave/think the same way as normal!Italy).

Confession time: I feel guilty shipping two characters, considering how I've always thought I never was into the romantic/pairing aspect for this one series that I like. I don't really take the ship seriously, and I have even come up with 101 ways to disprove it and how LOLthiswillneverhappenincanonbecauseit'ssocrack.

I still find myself liking it regardless... and looking for doujinshi/pretty fanarts for it now... I feel shallow u_U
    Last edited by charliez; May 22, 2012 at 10:37 AM.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast