Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Boys Love Anime/Manga/Drama Confessions Thread

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boys Love Anime/Manga/Drama Confessions Thread

I confess that i prefer to imagine all the extra bromance in Shin Prince of Tennis than to read Bara.
    But i will go back to Bara. I want know a few.

sPoT makes me feel guilty, those guys should be high schoolers to allow more fanfics.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess if I was able to read Japanese, I would have a doujinshi collection rivalling Kousaka from Genshiken. I would be broke, but somehow I'd find the money to buy some.

Eight BL doujinshi and counting, now.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess I think Ohtaka-sensei (of Magi) draws a lot of Jafar-related omake to kind of retcon the justification of people shipping him and Sinbad together. But I think its great because it gives him more of a personality than what is shown in canon.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that one of the first things that crossed my mind after Bleach recent chapters was: What about Bya-Renji?

I'm not ready to lose the Bya-Renji moments in Bleach.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that I really want Naruto to end up with obito.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member windy van's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oww... Your confession is so funny... lol

I confess my yaoi list is almost outnumbered half of my other list(shounen, shoujo, seinen, josei)
    What's that mean? For me yaoi is the 2nd after shoujo, even beats my favorite josei.. lol

'What one can do, what one cannot do, what one must do.. All These one must decide by oneself.'
    Bokura no Kiseki

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that i ship Rin and Haru in Free!
    That scene in the fence was so hot. Oh, the sexual tension!

They look so good together.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Back when I was really into Reborn, I was against BL shipping because there was just too much of it since KHR had a large male cast and Amano's art style made nearly everyone attractive. The fujoshi demographic was on the young side (i.e. middle schoolers), and they were often times vicious towards female characters. The uke characters were often times drawn really moe, and I wasn't into that.

On the other hand, ONE PIECE has a proportionately smaller and quieter BL circle so it's not as "everywhere". Characters who are over 18 vast out number those who are below it so I feel more comfortable with a pairing that's on the mature side. From my observation, fujoshis in OP seem to be older, and it also helps that I haven't encountered any misogynistic comments thus far. Even though I don't have a particular pairing I stan for per se, I'm not as close-minded as before: I enjoy going through pixiv and looking at fanarts of various BL ships. My favourites include Doffy/Vergo, Kid/Law and Smoker/Law.

Basically my enjoyment of BL in a non-BL work depends on what the fujoshis are like in that particular fandom.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Georgie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Basically my enjoyment of BL in a non-BL work depends on what the fujoshis are like in that particular fandom.
    This.
    I don't let the fandom influence me in which characters I ship, because I'm gonna ship whatever I like, but some shippers do make me turn away from a specific ship.
    Like, right now I'm into Attack on Titan and I love the Erwin x Levi ship. The shippers are fantastic, mature, and I love most art and fanfics....on the other hand jean x marco and jean x armin....left me disappointed, even thought I still ship them I don't go out of my way to look for fan stuff of them. And that's all I gotta say about that. But yes, sometimes the fandom can make or break a ship.

11. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, i check the most popular ships to see if i like it too, initially. But usually my favorite pair isn't the most popular.

Sometimes i ship two actors and that already gave me a hater once. Some fans can be too passionate.
    It doesn't annoy me to hear about different ships.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

This is an interesting topic! I confess I read Death Note after being really absorbed into all the L/Light fanart that I saw. But on reading it I just found Light so goddamn annoying. I felt like I was conned into reading an otherwise mediocre manga (in my opinion of course, I understand Death Note was popular for a reason).

And that's another thing I want to confess...sometimes I see something BL related and end up liking it before I've even tried it. Which can lead to disappointment.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    This is an interesting topic! I confess I read Death Note after being really absorbed into all the L/Light fanart that I saw. But on reading it I just found Light so goddamn annoying. I felt like I was conned into reading an otherwise mediocre manga (in my opinion of course, I understand Death Note was popular for a reason).

And that's another thing I want to confess...sometimes I see something BL related and end up liking it before I've even tried it. Which can lead to disappointment.

I started reading D.gray-man cause of one BL fanart. But it wasn't a dissapointment.

But i also have an example of dissapointment. Monochrome Factor. I saw this fanart and i got all happy and downloaded the whole season. It was so boring.
    That's why i say that i love bishies, but they can't make me interested in the story.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel ya.
    Many years ago, I read Gundam Wing fanfiction for a while before watching the anime, I even read some ship manifestos. Then I watched the anime and I was like "hmmm, this is not shippy at all expect for some 3x4 if you look hard enough..." Seriously, the fanfics and manifestos did a good job of making me think that Heero and Duo were kinda canonm when in reality, they barely interacted. lol. But I still love gw and 3x4 is one of my favorite ships of all time. ah, the memories, the doujinshi, the crazy fangirls, back then people were more hardcore about shipping than now.
    Last edited by Georgie; September 14, 2013 at 03:06 PM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to see an actual gay pairing in a non-BL manga/anime/visual novel/light novel. Is that too much to ask?

Even though I don't watch or read a lot, I've come across a few canon lesbian pairings in non-yuri series: Psycho Pass, Sailor Moon and even Shingeki if you count Ymir/Historia as canon. On the other hand, I'm having trouble remembering if there were any gay relationships portrayed in something other than BL or doujinshi. (If you know any let me know!)

IIRC two male characters in Yu Yu Hakusho were lovers, but I don't remember if it was explicitly stated or heavily implied or whether that was only fandom putting shipping goggles on. If they WERE lovers, then I'd like to see more of it in mainstream series.

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I want to see an actual gay pairing in a non-BL manga/anime/visual novel/light novel. Is that too much to ask?
    Me too, Asarii, me too.

No. 6! Have you ever heard of it? The plot itself is pretty silly but the two main characters are not stereotypical bl/yaoi characters, which I appreciate a lot. No.6 it's not even categorized as bl.

I heard NANA has queer characters, but I've never read it or watched it so I'm not 100% sure.

Revolutionary Girl Utena I didn't watch much of it but I think there was a strong bond between the two female characters, maybe yuri hints but nothing else.

Yeah, it gets annoying how there are certain anime/manga with a huge male cast but not even one guy is gay, and I'm not into the homo no homo fanservice at all. I ranted much about this to other people in other forums/blogs.
    Last edited by Georgie; October 19, 2013 at 06:34 AM.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast