Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: How many chapter left before the end?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 100

8 10.67%
  • Between 100 and 150

13 17.33%
  • Between 150 and 200

20 26.67%
  • More than 200

34 45.33%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Final Arc

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The Thousand-Year Blood War - Final Arc

Hijacking the first post, I'll be updating it with every info on the next arc~ Discuss away the new arc here! - darj

Quote Originally Posted by Bleach's Final Arc (no official name so far)
    Vol.1 - Birth
    Spoiler show

Vol.2 - Stage

Spoiler show

Vol.3 - Restart
    Spoiler show

Tite Kubo just announced that the next arc in Bleach will be the last!
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nter-final-arc
    https://twitter.com/#!/manganewsjapo...78275938009088

So, I thought about creating a thread to discuss about it.

What are your feelings about this manga coming to an end?
    How long do you think this last arc will be?
    Who will be the last boss?

------------------------------------

Most likely in this final arc, we will finally learn more about the Soul King and the Zero squad.
    The last arc will probably be about them.

Aizen will probably come back as well in some way... although I'm not sure he will be against Ichigo...
    The last time they met, Ichigo even asked if Aizen was really that bad...

My guess is that the last boss is the Soul King!
    Last edited by Darjaille; February 04, 2012 at 08:38 AM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member WaveBossa's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kubo confirms Bleach Final Arc!

The fact that Ichigo has no end-goal, no higher purpose, and no real direction has always troubled me.
    He isn't striving to be a hokage like Naruto, or a Pirate King like Luffy. This isn't a bad thing in and of itself but it does affect how the manga ends will actually matter. That having been said, Ichigo vs the Soul King does absolutely nothing in terms of conflict resolution and introducing the 0 Squad will have nothing more than a "cool cameo" factor.

Ichigo heeding the words of Aizen could be interesting, but 99% of what he said complete BS so who even knows if Aizen's monologuing can be trusted.

I guess now is a good time as ever to begin the final countdown for Bleach. But to be quite honest with you, if this manga ends without answering some pretty important questions, I for one, will be greatly disappointed.
    Last edited by WaveBossa; February 04, 2012 at 12:24 AM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally (is what I can say)! I just hope the final arc will answer questions, and I am liking the idea that it will most likely involve getting to some characters' pasts. I'll be pragmatic in taking this so that I wouldn't feel disappointed whatever the end will be.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wish the arc name was announced >_<

Haha I believe that Kubo shall bring it all together somehow =D or at least most of it ^^

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Metadeth's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I must say that this is a surprise! There's so many things unrevealed and Kubo plans to wrap it up in one whole (big) arc?

- Probably bigger than the rest combined: Zanpakuto names, shikai, bankais, of all (Present and Former) Captains, Lieutenants, and Visored. (He better reveal all of them and throw all the characters we've been waiting for [Unohana, Yachiru, Nanao, Isane, Chojiro, Nemu) into the battlefield.
    - Isshin, Urahara, and Aizen's backstories
    - Royal Family + Squad Zero
    - How Ichigo was born (Shinigami and human shouldn't have conceived so easily)
    - The true nature of Orihime's power. (Uryu is a Quincy, Sado is a Fullbringer, wth is she? Just saying similar to a Zanpakuto doesn't help much)
    - Surviving Espada and other Arrancars
    - Kon! I hate to admit it, but I want to know what happened to the little bastard
    - Remaining Fullbringers, will they return?

Bonus: Please have someone use Hado 88 and make it a hit. No Bakudo 81 a.k.a. B-please to counter it.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Check the opening post to see all the info we have right now.

So....... Kubo, thank you

I really believe in him. Everything important will be explained. The Quincy Theme which is basically confirmed now will be interesting I'm sure. Uryuu should stop being useless. I'm preeeeeeetty hyped *OO*

Anyway, my guess is that the arc will last ~5 to 6 years. There is a lot of stuff to happen, I guess every major to minor (Captains and Lieutenants, Nakama and Arrancars) will have a fight....

So basically, what I believe in:
    Quincy/Magic Hunters aren't extinct (well, not only Ryuuken and Uryuu are alive)
    They either survived and hid, or they made a pact with shinigami/or shinigami made a pact cuz Quincy's were too strong
    The secret of Isshin and Ryuuken is about the remaining Quincy's
    Masaki MAYBE was a Quincy /not sure about this one, but I start to believe in it/
    Ichigo may end up as the only one, perfect hybrid. Human-Quincy, Shinigami, Vizard, Hollow, Fullbringer. Maybe that's what the King is, the perfect hybrid too.
    Mayuri won't live long enough to see the end of manga

ex oriente lux

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this final arc will last more than 200 chapters, perhaps 5-6 years. Similar to Arrancar arc, it will have sub-arcs like HM arc, FKT arc, etc. I suppose we will see everybody's shikai/bankai/other techniques. The part about enemies increasing over time is interesting though, I wonder what that means.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the new info Darjaille!

I'm happy to see that Kubo is expecting to answer pretty much every question we had.
    I was afraid he would try to finish it up quickly without explaining everything.

With all the information he has to give us (and considering his trademark slow pace), I think that the arc could definitely be longer than 200 chapters.
    I think we're still good for another 5 years of material.

It's sad to see one of the big three manga finishing, but honestly, I don't think Naruto has much more time left than Bleach.
    Only One Piece is still good for another 10 years.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaveBossa View Post
    The fact that Ichigo has no end-goal, no higher purpose, and no real direction has always troubled me.
    He isn't striving to be a hokage like Naruto, or a Pirate King like Luffy. This isn't a bad thing in and of itself but it does affect how the manga ends will actually matter. That having been said, Ichigo vs the Soul King does absolutely nothing in terms of conflict resolution and introducing the 0 Squad will have nothing more than a "cool cameo" factor.

Ichigo heeding the words of Aizen could be interesting, but 99% of what he said complete BS so who even knows if Aizen's monologuing can be trusted.

I guess now is a good time as ever to begin the final countdown for Bleach. But to be quite honest with you, if this manga ends without answering some pretty important questions, I for one, will be greatly disappointed.
    Wrong.
    Naruto wanted to be Hokage because it would finally earn him some much needed respect and recognition after living his childhood isolated because of what the rest of the Konoha shinobi thought of him.
    Luffy was inspired to become the Pirate King because of his admiration towards Shanks, and being on the top would mean complete freedom; Luffy is in for the adventure, not for the end goal.
    Ichigo wants to get on with his life, but wants to help his family and friends because losing someone means being mentally scarred for life. He used to be a spoiled kid and a crybaby. When his mother died, he changed completely, becoming serious and cold, giving the wrong idea to the grownups and getting in trouble all the time. His sisters changed too. He knows losing someone completely changes everything, and wants to save as many people as he can because he considers his life fucked up and doesn't want the same shit to happen to other people. Doing anything in his power to stop his life from getting worse is a legit goal.

The Soul King is tightly attached to the plot. The afterlife... life means existing in subhuman conditions, filled with fear and desperation, and the Soul King as a figure doesn't do anything about it, instead, there's a harsh system of arbitrary rules determining what happens. Aizen wasn't the first to try changing the crap that is Soul Society, Ichigo, Tousen, Kaien, Ishida, Ginjo, all had a grudge against the system and tried to change or overthrow it. Some hollows also had a problem with it, but there's nothing they could do about it, that's why they decided to folllow Aizen.

The only legit complain right there is that you have unanswered questions, which is not going to keep that status for long since most of the questions already got mentioned in the interview.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing from the Omake is a very good indication of what is coming next.

Kubo said that their was 3 arcs done before and that they were linked to Ichigo's friends.
    - The Soul Society arc was about Rukia
    - The Arrancar arc was about Orohime
    - The Lost Agent was about Chad

And he ends up saying «The next arc is about...»

There's only one left, so, yeah...
    The next arc will be about Ishida and willl most likely be about the Quincies.

I agree with pretty much everything that Darjaille said above.

I think that the Quincies are not extinct.
    I also believe that Isshin and Ryuuken know something about it, and that they are linked, possibly by the fact that Ichigo's mother was a Quincy.

Now... we know that the Shinigami waged war against the Quincies because they were breaking the balance of the Human and Soul world and were riksing to destroy both worlds.
    So, if they find out that they are still alive, what would they do?

And if the Soul Society is going at war against the Quincy (including Ishida), where would Ichigo stand?
    What if he discover that his mother was also a Quincy? Would he go and defend the whole race against the Shinigami?

------------------

Still, I don't see how this Quincy stuff will go with the Squad Zero and the Soul King...
    So I think this arc will actually be separated in two...

One about Ichigo's birth and the Quincy.
    And one about the last big Boss (which I believe will be the Soul King).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly hope that Ichigo isn't part quincy. That would make Uryu obsolete, since Ichigo is the main character and thus would be a more powerful quincy than the boy that was raised a quincy.

Although, the series is coming to an end, I am extremely excited for this new and final arc. Bleach is second of the big three that I got into and is the manga that I've bought the most volumes of. Although it frustrates me from time to time it is a very solid manga and one of my favorites. When it finally ends, I'm going to miss the new stories, but all good things must come to an end. As for the length, I am absolutely sure that it will be more than 200 chapters. I mean didn't Kubo say that he wanted BLEACH to continue for 10 years? I'm going to hold him to that because I'm selfish, lol. I want to say the last boss will be The Spirit King, but I don't think so. That would be to predictable. However, I think that he will be fought and we will get insight on why Aizen wanted to usurp it. I think that the last enemy will be a new person. Or perhaps the ultimate twist in the last enemy will be Ichigo himself.

I really hope, that this arc is about Uryu. He gets no love and he is one of my favorite characters who are still alive. However, I'm mostly excited for the new bankais though.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Mayumura's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Rukia and Ichigo will fight against enemies in white clothes will use white "getsuga tenshou" and sode no shirayuki techniques, will wear white clothes as well and all this epic will be in completely beautiful and magnificent white palace of ice.
    Quote Quote:
    I honestly hope that Ichigo isn't part quincy. That would make Uryu obsolete, since Ichigo is the main character and thus would be a more powerful quincy than the boy that was raised a quincy.
    I double this. Ichigo is already freak, even without being quincy.
    Last edited by Mayumura; February 04, 2012 at 08:29 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mayumura View Post
    Rukia and Ichigo will fight against enemies in white clothes will use white "getsuga tenshou" and sode no shirayuki techniques, will wear white clothes as well and all this epic will be in completely beautiful and magnificent white palace of ice.
    The pure whiteness! It blinds me! or it'll be the blankest pages in BLEACH, topping even "The Heart" page.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it said in r&r that the enemy will be revealed next chapter *A* so I hope we'll have a more solid idea after it >_<

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Mayumura's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    The pure whiteness! It blinds me! or it'll be the blankest pages in BLEACH, topping even "The Heart" page.
    U'll need to have cool glasses, like Kubo does if u want to understand manga on this level!

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast